IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-21, 04:18 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,954 Likes on 1,046 Posts

Originally Posted by Shoeboy4
You sir are absolutely killing it today thank you for everything! Hopefully, the actual Lexus site gets updated sometime soon with a builder, makes no sense to not put it up at this point.
Actually it makes perfect sense to not put it up to be honest. nobody is getting a custom build. We get whatever is delivered to dealers. Builder is fun and a good sign, but irrelevant.
The following 2 users liked this post by macmaster:
pandahatch (10-18-21), Shoeboy4 (10-18-21)
Old 10-18-21, 04:41 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Received 2,275 Likes on 1,046 Posts

Originally Posted by macmaster
Actually it makes perfect sense to not put it up to be honest. nobody is getting a custom build. We get whatever is delivered to dealers. Builder is fun and a good sign, but irrelevant.
It’s so odd. I’d say you guys should put pressure on your dealers. Maybe it’s because I got a 350, but on September 10 when the press release was made for the 2022 IS , my local dealer was able to place an order for me exactly to my spec for a 350. And about three weeks later the factory accepted and locked my order. No build date was provided though. Ironically two other dealers are telling me even to this day that they are unable to place an order. So I believe dealers can request custom specs but they just don’t want to and they are pinning it on the pandemic. And j know my dealer isn’t lying to me because I have screenshots and printouts from their internal system. I was warned however that it could take up to 180 days for my order to be built. But based off how it seems that most IS500 orders will take 180 days to arrive anyways, you might as well get the spec you want.
Old 10-18-21, 04:42 PM
Shoeboy4
Intermediate

Received 511 Likes on 182 Posts

True at least put up the configurator with the 2 options of base and premium. I kinda want to add the carbon spoiler cause I enjoy how it looks compared to the regular one but at 1k extra I don't know if I like it THAT much lol
I honestly just want a premium in Ultra White with Black interior and maybe the carbon spoiler. I would rather the car be fully loaded myself
Old 10-18-21, 04:46 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Originally Posted by Shoeboy4
True at least put up the configurator with the 2 options of base and premium. I kinda want to add the carbon spoiler cause I enjoy how it looks compared to the regular one but at 1k extra I don't know if I like it THAT much lol
I honestly just want a premium in Ultra White with Black interior and maybe the carbon spoiler. I would rather the car be fully loaded myself
While I agree that $1000 is too much. I rather pay $1000 for the spoiler than for the damn mirror caps. That’s armed robbery. I rather buy the $200 eBay ones lmfao
Old 10-18-21, 04:51 PM
Shoeboy4
Intermediate

True that! seeing the carbon one on a dhp 350 at the Lexus driving tour, the difference is enough and honestly, it makes the car look sportier with it. With and without it for reference

The following users liked this post:
TipsyTonio (10-18-21)
Old 10-18-21, 05:15 PM
Answer
Instructor

Received 831 Likes on 404 Posts

Originally Posted by TipsyTonio
Andddddd the day isn't even over yet. I bring you guys a build configurator
Feel free to give some love to Canada too! haha! :P

Old 10-18-21, 05:27 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Originally Posted by Answer
Feel free to give some love to Canada too! haha! :P
well, those are also the Canadian manuals. They don’t make an independent one for the US. The build configurator is a different story though.
Old 10-18-21, 05:47 PM
Compromise
Intermediate

Received 415 Likes on 176 Posts

Seriously.. why is the CF spoiler not standard for the IS500? Doesn't make sense.
Shoeboy4 (10-18-21)
Old 10-18-21, 06:00 PM
Shoeboy4
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Compromise
Seriously.. why is the CF spoiler not standard for the IS500? Doesn't make sense.
my thoughts exactly!
Old 10-18-21, 06:09 PM
pandahatch
Rookie

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by TipsyTonio
It’s so odd. I’d say you guys should put pressure on your dealers. Maybe it’s because I got a 350, but on September 10 when the press release was made for the 2022 IS , my local dealer was able to place an order for me exactly to my spec for a 350. And about three weeks later the factory accepted and locked my order. No build date was provided though. Ironically two other dealers are telling me even to this day that they are unable to place an order. So I believe dealers can request custom specs but they just don’t want to and they are pinning it on the pandemic. And j know my dealer isn’t lying to me because I have screenshots and printouts from their internal system. I was warned however that it could take up to 180 days for my order to be built. But based off how it seems that most IS500 orders will take 180 days to arrive anyways, you might as well get the spec you want.
this is interesting because I just put my deposit down on Friday and specifically said I wanted Grecian Water with black interior and the premium package and my rep came back and said “The GM says he can order that exact spec”

I genuinely thought he was BS’ing because of everything I’ve read here but now I’m not so sure?

They also said they expect to have them by the end of the year and that I absolutely KNOW is BS. So we’ll see how it all plays out!
TipsyTonio (10-18-21)
Old 10-18-21, 06:13 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Originally Posted by pandahatch
this is interesting because I just put my deposit down on Friday and specifically said I wanted Grecian Water with black interior and the premium package and my rep came back and said “The GM says he can order that exact spec”

I genuinely thought he was BS’ing because of everything I’ve read here but now I’m not so sure?

They also said they expect to have them by the end of the year and that I absolutely KNOW is BS. So we’ll see how it all plays out!
If they didn't hesitate, given my experience I would believe them. Ask them to provide you with the paper showing the order. It should state the year, model, trim (in the form of a 4 digit code) and all the factory and port installed options via their 2 letter codes. They might be hesitant because it shows all of their recent orders, not just yours, but it's worth a shot. In my case they were cool with it. The inventory manager at my dealer was the one that personally placed the order and sat down with me and I left will all the papers instantly. She also told me that she was confident that my car would be built by November and probably delivered by end of the year or beginning of the next, which again is in line with your information. Bear in mind that for me it was a DHP IS350 though, not an IS500. And the IS500 is certainly lower volume.
pandahatch (10-18-21)
Old 10-18-21, 06:33 PM
Compromise
Intermediate

Received 415 Likes on 176 Posts

What oil will you guys use? Thanks to @TipsyTonio for the manual, went through the whole thing Ctrl + F "IS500." The engine will use 5W-30 as recommended. I'm thinking of sticking with Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5W-30 since it has been great with my current car. Definitely will need to get used to needing 9 quarts as opposed to 5 quarts for my current 2.0L!
Old 10-18-21, 06:35 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

What oil will you guys use? Thanks to @TipsyTonio for the manual, went through the whole thing Ctrl + F "IS500." The engine will use 5W-30 as recommended. I'm thinking of sticking with Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5W-30 since it has been great with my current car. Definitely will need to get used to needing 9 quarts as opposed to 5 quarts for my current 2.0L!
No problem. I’m going to stick with Mobil 1. I use Mobil gas as well so hopefully my engine performs in perfect harmony. My understanding is that Mobil produces the OEM Toyota/Lexus oil so if it’s good enough for them, it’s good enough for me.
Compromise (10-18-21)
Old 10-18-21, 06:47 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,954 Likes on 1,046 Posts

Engine oil is cheap. 9 quarts vs 5 is not huge. Gasoline, however, 19 mpg @ $4.30/gallon is going to be a killer.
Compromise (10-18-21)
Old 10-18-21, 06:48 PM
Carolina50
Intermediate

Received 615 Likes on 309 Posts

Originally Posted by pandahatch

I was told on Sept 10th when they called me confirming pricing that, I had already seen that, my preference had been accepted by Regional. But with all the waiting and no really printed news I don't know.
TipsyTonio (10-18-21)

Quick Reply: The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance