IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-21 | 09:34 AM
macmaster
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TipsyTonio
I mean, respectfully, if I’m shelling out over 60k for anything. I’m going to want it to be to my liking and realistically there’s no reason why they can’t submit an order for you to regional, who will then assign the cars to dealers that requested them. Especially since this car is mono-spec. All you can pick is whether you want the premium or base, and what color combo do you want. I see no reason for every order not being fulfilled to the customer’s liking.
I still think it was just a courtesy that they asked. Maybe regional collects a general survey but I highly doubt there's a configuration specifically designated to any one person right now. This kind of thinking gives dealers too much credit. Do you remember how clueless they are? Do you remember how we know more about the car than they do?
Old 10-19-21 | 09:37 AM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Originally Posted by macmaster
I still think it was just a courtesy that they asked. Maybe regional collects a general survey but I highly doubt there's a configuration specifically designated to any one person right now. This kind of thinking gives dealers too much credit. Do you remember how clueless they are? Do you remember how we know more about the car than they do?
Well thats for sure. They don't know anything about any product they sell. I'm sure everybody/s experience varies per dealer. In my case the inventory manager at my dealer was super knowledgeable and helpful, and like i said earlier, I left with proof in hand that an order had been submitted. I'm sure the regional offices also place a role in how your experience will pan out.
The following users liked this post:
Carolina50 (10-19-21)
Old 10-19-21 | 09:41 AM
AmbyBomb
Instructor

Most people in line for this car were never promised an order would be submitted on their behalf. The dealer likely asked what was their color preference but I always felt that was just to prioritize people on the list when your color came in. The fact that you're asking for proof of an order being submitted is interesting and kind of funny. Let us know what they say.
An order was submitted for me back in April.
Old 10-19-21 | 09:42 AM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Originally Posted by AmbyBomb
An order was submitted for me back in April.
Now THAT I am skeptical of. In April they were only ordering 2021 MY cars. Soo...... I'm inclined to believe that in your case it was indeed just a request on an internal spreadsheet. I could be wrong though
DLPTony (10-19-21)
Old 10-19-21 | 09:46 AM
AmbyBomb
Instructor

Originally Posted by TipsyTonio
Now THAT I am skeptical of. In April they were only ordering 2021 MY cars. Soo...... I'm inclined to believe that in your case it was indeed just a request on an internal spreadsheet. I could be wrong though
I have a physical copy of the order form. It's actually a Bill of Sale.
Old 10-19-21 | 09:47 AM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Originally Posted by AmbyBomb
I have a physical copy of the order form. It's actually a Bill of Sale.
A bill of sale is different than an order. The bill of sale just establishes that they are selling you a car at a certain price, and it likely mentions the spec that you asked for. But the actual order is when they submit your spec to the regional office.
Old 10-19-21 | 09:49 AM
AmbyBomb
Instructor

I was told that an order was submitted at that time as I was also told that I was the first person to place an order.
Old 10-19-21 | 10:15 AM
pandahatch
Rookie

Most people in line for this car were never promised an order would be submitted on their behalf. The dealer likely asked what was their color preference but I always felt that was just to prioritize people on the list when your color came in. The fact that you're asking for proof of an order being submitted is interesting and kind of funny. Let us know what they say.
Sorry, I left out a bit of context from my previous post. Essentially when I went in on Friday and submitted my order I was specifically told that the GM says they are able to order my exact spec (Grecian water, black nuluxe, premium package). So now I’m just wondering if it was something where they already know what they are getting and my spec matched, or they are BS’ing me, or they are actually able to submit an order.

I won’t go at my sales rep like a douche - reading back my post it felt like was essentially demanding something that they might not have. So I apologize if that’s how it came across!

I am just seeking more clarification from my dealer since they also said they’re convinced it’s coming before EOY. And I fully expect it to not be ready until like Q2 next year.
The following 2 users liked this post by pandahatch:
Carolina50 (10-19-21), TipsyTonio (10-19-21)
Old 10-19-21 | 10:24 AM
Carolina50
Intermediate

Originally Posted by pandahatch
Sorry, I left out a bit of context from my previous post. Essentially when I went in on Friday and submitted my order I was specifically told that the GM says they are able to order my exact spec (Grecian water, black nuluxe, premium package). So now I’m just wondering if it was something where they already know what they are getting and my spec matched, or they are BS’ing me, or they are actually able to submit an order.

I won’t go at my sales rep like a douche - reading back my post it felt like was essentially demanding something that they might not have. So I apologize if that’s how it came across!

I am just seeking more clarification from my dealer since they also said they’re convinced it’s coming before EOY. And I fully expect it to not be ready until like Q2 next year.
Hurry up and talk to him so you can tell us what he said!!
We need more info!
The following 2 users liked this post by Carolina50:
pandahatch (10-19-21), TipsyTonio (10-19-21)
Old 10-19-21 | 10:26 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

I can't speak for everyone but in my case, I had my name on the list back in Feb when they announced the IS500. Back in early September, the sales manager contacted saying that his regional rep told him that his dealership would be allocated 1 LE and 1 Non-LE due to limited availability. He asked if I was still interested, I told him yes, asked if I needed a deposit, he said this is your 5th car from us since 2015, I know you and that you are serious so no such deposit is required, I know you are serious. Furthermore, he then took my interior color preference (he knew my exterior was going to be white as all my 5 Lexus ave been white) and told me that he would keep me posted once his order had been taken from production. He was very confident that I would be able to chose teh color I wanted (i.e not the "here is what Lexus sent us") but warned me that there could be some delays but he knows I am not in a rush. He already sent me the price sheet with finance rates and miscellaneous fees but I know there will be a little wiggle room because of our loyal relationship. He also knows I won't drive my car in teh car/snow/wet/dirty roads so if teh car arrives too soon (like in Feb), he said he would either store the vehicle for me till end of March or that he'd ship the vehicle in an enclosed car delivery truck. So still time to work out some of the details but as soon things starts happening, I'll update my personal thread with info.
The following 4 users liked this post by wthrman2:
Carolina50 (10-19-21), daheezy (10-20-21), pandahatch (10-19-21), TipsyTonio (10-19-21)
Old 10-19-21 | 10:46 AM
macmaster
Pole Position

Originally Posted by wthrman2
I can't speak for everyone but in my case, I had my name on the list back in Feb when they announced the IS500. Back in early September, the sales manager contacted saying that his regional rep told him that his dealership would be allocated 1 LE and 1 Non-LE due to limited availability. He asked if I was still interested, I told him yes, asked if I needed a deposit, he said this is your 5th car from us since 2015, I know you and that you are serious so no such deposit is required, I know you are serious. Furthermore, he then took my interior color preference (he knew my exterior was going to be white as all my 5 Lexus ave been white) and told me that he would keep me posted once his order had been taken from production. He was very confident that I would be able to chose teh color I wanted (i.e not the "here is what Lexus sent us") but warned me that there could be some delays but he knows I am not in a rush. He already sent me the price sheet with finance rates and miscellaneous fees but I know there will be a little wiggle room because of our loyal relationship. He also knows I won't drive my car in teh car/snow/wet/dirty roads so if teh car arrives too soon (like in Feb), he said he would either store the vehicle for me till end of March or that he'd ship the vehicle in an enclosed car delivery truck. So still time to work out some of the details but as soon things starts happening, I'll update my personal thread with info.
This is 100% consistent with everything I've been seeing and hearing. Nowhere did you say an order was placed. Allocations arent even available yet. They can't place orders without allocations. Any dealer that told you an order was already submitted is blowing smoke up your butt big time.
Old 10-19-21 | 10:48 AM
macmaster
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Carolina50
Hurry up and talk to him so you can tell us what he said!!
We need more info!
It's irrelevant what they say. If they lied that they placed the order, they'll just lie again. Don't get your hopes up on misinformation. Remember the salesman Jake who posts videos of dealership updates - even he doesn't know anything.
Old 10-19-21 | 10:55 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

This is 100% consistent with everything I've been seeing and hearing. Nowhere did you say an order was placed. Allocations arent even available yet. They can't place orders without allocations. Any dealer that told you an order was already submitted is blowing smoke up your butt big time.
Yeah, I agree and confirm that the dealer has never told me that an order had been placed because they can't yet - Once he hears that my order specification has been taken, he will then update me with that info. For the record, I am dealing directly with the sales manager and he is amazing, factual and one of the most amazing guy ever! The part that is a bit different from what he told me and what you are saying is with respect to the allocations. He seems to have been told he will be allocated at least 1 of each for now, hence why he reached back to me to confirm I was still interested. He led to believe that further IS500 (non LE) would be allocated once the assembly line begins and they have a better idea of how many they will be able to get but all he could confirm so far was at least 1 of each.
Old 10-19-21 | 10:55 AM
Carolina50
Intermediate

Thank you!
wthrman2 (10-19-21)
Old 10-19-21 | 11:00 AM
macmaster
Pole Position

Yeah, I agree and confirm that the dealer has never told me that an order had been placed because they can't yet - Once he hears that my order specification has been taken, he will then update me with that info. For the record, I am dealing directly with the sales manager and he is amazing, factual and one of the most amazing guy ever! The part that is a bit different from what he told me and what you are saying is with respect to the allocations. He seems to have been told he will be allocated at least 1 of each for now, hence why he reached back to me to confirm I was still interested. He led to believe that further IS500 (non LE) would be allocated once the assembly line begins and they have a better idea of how many they will be able to get but all he could confirm so far was at least 1 of each.
The dealership I'm in line at also told me they're getting 2 cars in, this was back in July. Now they're saying they don't know how many are allocated. When did you last ask them about the allocation? If it's been a couple months you should ask again. No IS's have been produced by Lexus for 90 days.

Quick Reply: The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance