IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-21, 03:35 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,685 Likes on 1,783 Posts

Originally Posted by TipsyTonio
I’m about to call Akio Toyoda myself and get him to personally build my car haha.
Don't forget to mention to him that we are buddies and that if can squeeze an extra one, it would be appreciated!

Originally Posted by Compromise
To be honest, I am not sure what is happening globally - it is a bit worrisome to see all these issues appearing and all apparently linked to direct or indirect effects of the pandemic. I would not want to be in the auto industry these days and while I am craving an IS500, at least I have a new IS350 if things really go south and production is halted even more. I will report the finding of my conversation a bit later and while I am not expecting some breaking news, it will hopefully line up with other comments posted here so far.
The following 2 users liked this post by wthrman2:
Carolina50 (10-20-21), Compromise (10-20-21)
Old 10-20-21, 05:56 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Just a random comment here and moderators can delete my post if its not relevant but am I the only one who wishes the IS500 (and the IS in general) would have had the split tail light design like they have on the NX and other new models announced? It could have easily been done and IMO, would have looked better.

Last edited by wthrman2; 10-20-21 at 07:17 AM.
Old 10-20-21, 06:55 AM
Carolina50
Intermediate

Received 615 Likes on 309 Posts

Originally Posted by wthrman2
Just a random comment here and moderators can delete my post if its not relevant but am I the only one who wishes the IS500 (and the IS in general) would have had the split tail light design like they have on the NX and other new models announced? It could have easily been done and IMP, would have looked better.
Also that Parking Package with Advance Parking. Somehow integrated without the electric motors just because and for S and giggles.
Old 10-20-21, 07:50 AM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,954 Likes on 1,046 Posts

Originally Posted by wthrman2
Just a random comment here and moderators can delete my post if its not relevant but am I the only one who wishes the IS500 (and the IS in general) would have had the split tail light design like they have on the NX and other new models announced? It could have easily been done and IMO, would have looked better.
I’m not sure I like that. I get major dodge vibes from that design. Does anyone know if the front facing camera works while parking?
Old 10-20-21, 07:56 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

^^ I am not sure if it can be used a stand-alone camera or works exclusively as part of the 360 view. I would like to be able to use it as a dedicated front camera when required, it would come in handing when parking in front of a curb and making sure I am not too close
Old 10-20-21, 08:02 AM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Received 2,275 Likes on 1,046 Posts

Originally Posted by macmaster
I’m not sure I like that. I get major dodge vibes from that design. Does anyone know if the front facing camera works while parking?
If you're referring to the Panoramic View Monitor, it can be set up such that it turns on automatically when the parking sensors detect you're close to an object. It can also be set to be on below a certain speed, though I personally find that annoying.
The following 3 users liked this post by TipsyTonio:
Carolina50 (10-20-21), Vitveet (10-20-21), wthrman2 (10-20-21)
Old 10-20-21, 08:22 AM
pandahatch
Rookie

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

If you're referring to the Panoramic View Monitor, it can be set up such that it turns on automatically when the parking sensors detect you're close to an object. It can also be set to be on below a certain speed, though I personally find that annoying.
You are our IS500 angel.

I’m assuming everyone active in this thread is pretty obsessed right now.

I’m about halfway through reading the entire manual - I’m going to know exactly the settings I want and how to properly use everything before it even gets here!

I’ve also watched the POV driving videos by MilesPerHr, TheTopher, and Winding Road magazine like a hundred times already lol.

At this rate, with no news and the jalopnik article that was just shared, I’m going to be able to just pay cash for this thing before it’s delivered!
The following 3 users liked this post by pandahatch:
Carolina50 (10-20-21), Compromise (10-20-21), TipsyTonio (10-20-21)
Old 10-20-21, 08:27 AM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Originally Posted by pandahatch
You are our IS500 angel.

I’m assuming everyone active in this thread is pretty obsessed right now.

I’m about halfway through reading the entire manual - I’m going to know exactly the settings I want and how to properly use everything before it even gets here!

I’ve also watched the POV driving videos by MilesPerHr, TheTopher, and Winding Road magazine like a hundred times already lol.

At this rate, with no news and the jalopnik article that was just shared, I’m going to be able to just pay cash for this thing before it’s delivered!
I appreciate the compliment, but there is no need. It helps with this painful waiting we are forced to do haha. I read the quick start manual already and I'm about 1/4 of the way through the manual myself. And I totally agree on the POV videos haha. I am living vicariously through them. I wish there were more. My goal for my down payment has been gradually increasing more and more haha. At this rate, I think I'll be able to toss in my Christmas bonus into the down payment too haha. No better feeling than driving a fully loaded IS for the monthly payments of an SE Corolla lol
The following users liked this post:
Carolina50 (10-20-21)
Old 10-20-21, 08:47 AM
macmaster
Pole Position

Is Panoramic View monitor an overhead view or a front-straight-on view? I want the front-straight on view to avoid hitting parking blocks exactly like weatherman said.
Old 10-20-21, 08:51 AM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Is Panoramic View monitor an overhead view or a front-straight-on view? I want the front-straight on view to avoid hitting parking blocks exactly like weatherman said.
The Panoramic View Monitor is the whole 360 camera system. My understanding is that if the front sensors go off, the front camera will be shown, with a 360 view off to the side. If the rear sensors go off, you'll get the backup camera with a 360 view off to the side, though you will likely already have the backup camera on if your back sensors are going off.
macmaster (10-20-21)
Old 10-20-21, 08:55 AM
TipsyTonio
Racer

In other news, did you guys see the volcano in Japan? I swear, if that delays the car even more I will cry
DLPTony (10-20-21)
Old 10-20-21, 08:57 AM
macmaster
Pole Position

The Panoramic View Monitor is the whole 360 camera system. My understanding is that if the front sensors go off, the front camera will be shown, with a 360 view off to the side. If the rear sensors go off, you'll get the backup camera with a 360 view off to the side, though you will likely already have the backup camera on if your back sensors are going off.
Thanks that's really helpful. I also found this 1 hour 30 minute video that covers the 2021 IS features. It didn't give a demonstration of the parking sensors, only how to set them up, which is why I had to ask. Otherwise it's a really great video for anyone who wants to know more about the car's features.

Old 10-20-21, 09:09 AM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Thanks that's really helpful. I also found this 1 hour 30 minute video that covers the 2021 IS features. It didn't give a demonstration of the parking sensors, only how to set them up, which is why I had to ask. Otherwise it's a really great video for anyone who wants to know more about the car's features.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CT6H3i-WCDo
Her videos are amazing. She is very very thorough on everything she shows.
Old 10-20-21, 02:17 PM
Intermediate

Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts

Can someone photoshop one lowered please, at least 1.5" lowered from stock?

I love the silver Enkeis. It reminds me of the 2011 E90 M3 Competition DCT I wanted for so long. So classy!

​​​

​​​

The following 2 users liked this post by 387:
Carolina50 (10-20-21), natnut (10-21-21)
Old 10-20-21, 03:01 PM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Received 3,958 Likes on 1,825 Posts

Left a message for my sales rep yesterday and he called back this afternoon.

1. Does not have any order sheets or any new information. (Expected.) Can only verify the inventory control person submitted my preference.

2. Said he’s never seen anything like this in the 15 years he’s worked for Lexus. Sure there have been delays, but the lack of information has him baffled.

3. Mentioned they do not have a full pricing sheet for the NX either. (He was clearly more disturbed about that cash cow than my IS500!) 😜

Mark up-wise, said for sure they will add the paint protection and some security system. Said the security system was roughly $900.

I’m not going to focus on that for now, first thing is getting my hands on a order sheet! I can fight…I mean…negotiate…the add-ons later. This will be my 5th Lexus and this dealership specifically has serviced each one. That should carry some weight in my opinion.
The following 2 users liked this post by DLPTony:
Carolina50 (10-20-21), wthrman2 (10-20-21)

Quick Reply: The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance