IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-21, 03:51 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,954 Likes on 1,046 Posts

Got a text from an unknown number that a specific configuration can be ordered for me but the ordering process has not opened up yet.
Old 10-20-21, 04:08 PM
pandahatch
Rookie

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by macmaster
Got a text from an unknown number that a specific configuration can be ordered for me but the ordering process has not opened up yet.
This seems to be the new theme. Telling us “We can definitely order your spec, but it’s not open yet”
Old 10-20-21, 06:42 PM
Shoeboy4
Intermediate

Received 511 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by 387
Can someone photoshop one lowered please, at least 1.5" lowered from stock?

I love the silver Enkeis. It reminds me of the 2011 E90 M3 Competition DCT I wanted for so long. So classy!

​​​

​​​

Quick and dirty chop but here you go!

The following 5 users liked this post by Shoeboy4:
387 (10-21-21), Carolina50 (10-20-21), Compromise (10-20-21), DLPTony (10-21-21), natnut (10-21-21)
Old 10-20-21, 06:58 PM
Compromise
Intermediate

Received 415 Likes on 176 Posts

Personally I'd leave the suspension stock, except for stiffer LCA bushings, but to each their own

Man, the manual is starting to get stale..
The following 2 users liked this post by Compromise:
Shoeboy4 (10-20-21), wthrman2 (10-21-21)
Old 10-20-21, 09:57 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,063 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Here is my post from 9/17/21 - incase anyone wants to add to their special ordered IS 500 or have a Port Installed Option tacked on where applicable

Joe Z

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Here is my follow up on Accessory Options / PIO - Port Installed Options.

If you special order, some of these can be added (maybe) but I can see most IS 500 will have the Z1 or Z2 Accesory pkgs built into the Window stickers.. They will vary per 4 USA area regions.. North, South, East, West

Things that caught my attention are the CF mirror covers and CF Wing..
I do believe the CF wing is the same exact one found on the IS 350 F SPORT w/ DHP package..

Too bad they didn't make these CF bits standard on the IS 500.

So once again keep in mind these codes are for the entire 2022 IS Line up.. (not IS 500 specific only)

I put this together on an excel file for all to know the codes

Joe Z
The following 2 users liked this post by Joe Z:
DLPTony (10-21-21), Shoeboy4 (10-20-21)
Old 10-20-21, 10:03 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Received 2,275 Likes on 1,046 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Here is my post from 9/17/21 - incase anyone wants to add to their special ordered IS 500 or have a Port Installed Option tacked on where applicable

Joe Z
It looks like 2Q has since been corrected to $290 which makes more sense. But I have it in writing at $120 so I want it at $120 lmao.
But wait….
I think this is code for something…..
Do you know when allocations are being provided?
Old 10-21-21, 05:53 AM
TipsyTonio
Racer

So I was doing my daily ritual of checking the Lexus website and all the local dealers and I noticed one interesting development. At the start of the month the offer for the 2021 IS was 4.19% interest, as well as the military and college graduate discounts. However, as of today, the 4.19% interest offer has been completely removed. Only the military and college grad offers remain. Is it possible this was done in anticipation of the 2022MY being listed? Stay tuned to find out.
The following users liked this post:
Carolina50 (10-21-21)
Old 10-21-21, 06:45 AM
Kandyman1
Driver

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by TipsyTonio
So I was doing my daily ritual of checking the Lexus website and all the local dealers and I noticed one interesting development. At the start of the month the offer for the 2021 IS was 4.19% interest, as well as the military and college graduate discounts. However, as of today, the 4.19% interest offer has been completely removed. Only the military and college grad offers remain. Is it possible this was done in anticipation of the 2022MY being listed? Stay tuned to find out.
Shame on Lexus for even offering a 4.19% rate when banks and credit unions can give you under 2.5% for up to 60 months for a new car purchase, with very good credit. Even BMW is currently offering 0.9%. Just picking an arbitrary amount of $50k financed, at 4.19%, you'll pay $5,507 in interest over 60 months. At 0.9%, you'll pay just $1,152 in interest over the same period. That is a $4,355 difference. Add that to the price of the car to see what it is really costing you.
TipsyTonio (10-21-21)
Old 10-21-21, 06:49 AM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Originally Posted by Kandyman1
Shame on Lexus for even offering a 4.19% rate when banks and credit unions can give you under 2.5% for up to 60 months for a new car purchase, with very good credit. Even BMW is currently offering 0.9%. Just picking an arbitrary amount of $50k financed, at 4.19%, you'll pay $5,507 in interest over 60 months. At 0.9%, you'll pay just $1,152 in interest over the same period. That is a $4,355 difference. Add that to the price of the car to see what it is really costing you.
Yeah it's ridiculous. And it's even more ridiculous to call that an "offer". I wonder what the non "offer" interest rate is? 10%? lol.

I have noticed a trend though. When the 2022MY for a car is released it launches at 4.19%. And then in the next month of offers it drops to 2.49%. However, the IS is the first car where that trend didnt apply because they changed the 2021MY from 1.9% to 4.19%. Quite a ridiculous jump.
Old 10-21-21, 07:55 AM
pandahatch
Rookie

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by TipsyTonio
Yeah it's ridiculous. And it's even more ridiculous to call that an "offer". I wonder what the non "offer" interest rate is? 10%? lol.

I have noticed a trend though. When the 2022MY for a car is released it launches at 4.19%. And then in the next month of offers it drops to 2.49%. However, the IS is the first car where that trend didnt apply because they changed the 2021MY from 1.9% to 4.19%. Quite a ridiculous jump.
Any theories on this? Mine would be that demand is obviously high and supply is low so they are selling but loads of cars so they can just increase the rate. OR they recognize inflation is high right now they’re matching their financing options to not ‘lose’ money over the course of a loan.

Just anecdotally, my dealer told me they sold 10 vehicles last Tuesday so clearly people are buying cars! When I was their it was super busy in both sales and service.

But it is absolutely ridiculous for them to even offer 4.19% when around me I looked at specific banks and credit unions offering as low as 2.29%.
Old 10-21-21, 08:01 AM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Originally Posted by pandahatch
Any theories on this? Mine would be that demand is obviously high and supply is low so they are selling but loads of cars so they can just increase the rate. OR they recognize inflation is high right now they’re matching their financing options to not ‘lose’ money over the course of a loan.

Just anecdotally, my dealer told me they sold 10 vehicles last Tuesday so clearly people are buying cars! When I was their it was super busy in both sales and service.

But it is absolutely ridiculous for them to even offer 4.19% when around me I looked at specific banks and credit unions offering as low as 2.29%.
Agreed. I'm lucky that I qualify for the college grad discount so even at 4.19%, based off my down payment, its cheaper to get it through LFS than with my credit union which is at 1.5%
pandahatch (10-21-21)
Old 10-21-21, 10:05 AM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Received 3,958 Likes on 1,825 Posts

Yeah no thanks on the 4% interest, I’ll stick with USAA. Saw an article where TX dealerships refused to allow outside financing. The YAA youtube guys said if you run into this, take the deal and refinance with your credit union a week later.
Old 10-21-21, 10:51 AM
GaryJG
Lead Lap

Received 97 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by pandahatch

The Fed is between a rock and a hard place. It couldn’t fight inflation even if it wanted to. Doing so would kill the economy. The only other choice is to surrender to inflation.

Tighter monetary policy and rising interest rates. which is the cure to inflation – would kill us in an economy built on piles of debt.

The Fed has the tools to deal with higher inflation, but it won’t use them because it will destroy the phony economy it has built.

Keep in mind, the wheels fell off the bus in 2018 when interest rates got to 2.5%. If the Fed lets inflation get to 6 or 8% before it realizes it wasn’t transitory, it’s too late. It can’t raise rates to 2 or 3%. It would have to jack them up to 10% or 12% to get real rates positive.

it’s impossible to do that. Look at the enormity of the debt. Look at the budget deficits. Look at all the leverage now in the new housing bubble that’s been inflated. And it will be even bigger by then. So, the whole economy is a gigantic credit bubble completely dependent on artificially low interest rates, and the whole thing would be destroyed if the Fed had to raise interest rates to fight inflation, which means they won’t raise interest rates to fight inflation, which means inflation is going to win and it is going to destroy the savings of Americans.”

Old 10-21-21, 11:37 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,685 Likes on 1,783 Posts

Dont want to sound like a party pooper but let's make sure we keep on topic to avoid moderators either locking some people up or the whole thread being closed...

I just spoke to sales manager at the dealer and so far, the latest news is that things are gradually coming back to normal and he does expect things to pick up. The 500 and the IS in general are still very relevant to our market and expects some momentum to pick up in early November. They still have at least that are assured of getting, one of each, and he knows my timeline and will keep me posted. So nothing very different but at least iys not worse news
The following 2 users liked this post by wthrman2:
Carolina50 (10-21-21), DaveGS4 (10-21-21)
Old 10-21-21, 11:43 AM
Carolina50
Intermediate

Received 615 Likes on 309 Posts

Originally Posted by wthrman2
Dont want to sound like a party pooper but let's make sure we keep on topic to avoid moderators either locking some people up or the whole thread being closed...

I just spoke to sales manager at the dealer and so far, the latest news is that things are gradually coming back to normal and he does expect things to pick up. The 500 and the IS in general are still very relevant to our market and expects some momentum to pick up in early November. They still have at least that are assured of getting, one of each, and he knows my timeline and will keep me posted. So nothing very different but at least iys not worse news
Would be curious to know what actually being produced on Production line #3 right now.
TipsyTonio where you at? I know you busy scouting for information, so can you add this to your list? LOL
The following 2 users liked this post by Carolina50:
TipsyTonio (10-22-21), wthrman2 (10-21-21)

Quick Reply: The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance