IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-21 | 10:10 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

^^ It makes total sense however, it's just not the IS500 that is being affected and hopefully, they can resume the IS production and provide dealers with units pretty soon. To me, I suspect that while they want to start sending some IS500 to dealers, they will likely focus on the volume sellers until they can resume a semi normal allocation flow, and then the IS500 LE will/should be the first to be produced. If this materialize, it would be close to someone who posted here a while ago stating that the non-LE would begin closer to early January but maybe I am totally wrong.
Old 10-25-21 | 11:19 AM
Kanpai
Instructor

To add on to the lack of actual updates, I had another dealer reach back out to provide a nonupdate on the car side, but an update that they will be adding markups. That's now two of the local dealers in my area to add markups.
Old 10-25-21 | 11:20 AM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Originally Posted by Kanpai
To add on to the lack of actual updates, I had another dealer reach back out to provide a nonupdate on the car side, but an update that they will be adding markups. That's now two of the local dealers in my area to add markups.
Expose them. I'm in the mood to write some Google Reviews
The following 2 users liked this post by TipsyTonio:
Carolina50 (10-25-21), wthrman2 (10-25-21)
Old 10-25-21 | 11:40 AM
Carolina50
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TipsyTonio
Expose them. I'm in the mood to write some Google Reviews
It does seem that quite a few needs some reviews.....including Lexus.
Old 10-25-21 | 11:47 AM
Kanpai
Instructor

This one was Bridgewater. They didn't say how much (Cherry Hill said $3-5k) but that was the end of the conversation with them.
Old 10-25-21 | 12:40 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

This one was Bridgewater. They didn't say how much (Cherry Hill said $3-5k) but that was the end of the conversation with them.
30 seconds on their website and I can already tell they are the scum of the earth. Every car says "Call for Price"
The following 2 users liked this post by TipsyTonio:
Carolina50 (10-25-21), pandahatch (10-25-21)
Old 10-25-21 | 12:57 PM
Kanpai
Instructor

30 seconds on their website and I can already tell they are the scum of the earth. Every car says "Call for Price"
I honestly didn't look at each dealers' site when emailing them, since it was a mass email. I still have a few more to hear from, but they are definitely out of the running. Shame, since this car has me really excited and I hope dealers don't ruin it for me (and everyone else).
Old 10-25-21 | 01:28 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

I will walk at the first sign of a markup but I was already told a few times, and in writing, that they will not markup mine...
Old 10-25-21 | 01:36 PM
pandahatch
Rookie

Originally Posted by wthrman2
I will walk at the first sign of a markup but I was already told a few times, and in writing, that they will not markup mine...
Same. I was told that they will not mark mine up. I’ll walk immediately if I heard anything like that.
The following users liked this post:
wthrman2 (10-25-21)
Old 10-25-21 | 01:52 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

I honestly didn't look at each dealers' site when emailing them, since it was a mass email. I still have a few more to hear from, but they are definitely out of the running. Shame, since this car has me really excited and I hope dealers don't ruin it for me (and everyone else).
Our best shot at getting a fair deal on this car with the promise of no mark ups was many months ago when it was announced, dealerships were eagerly taking deposits, and we didn't know the shortage would take this long. If you have that in writing (text or email) from your salesperson then you're good. People suddenly joining the "I want the IS500" bandwagon now may be out of luck, unless they find a dealer that has a hard policy on no-markups (there are a few out there). The longer this shortage goes on, the greedier dealerships are going to be. It may very well pay to have been early to this party, literally.
Old 10-25-21 | 02:01 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Originally Posted by macmaster
Our best shot at getting a fair deal on this car with the promise of no mark ups was many months ago when it was announced, dealerships were eagerly taking deposits, and we didn't know the shortage would take this long. If you have that in writing (text or email) from your salesperson then you're good. People suddenly joining the "I want the IS500" bandwagon now may be out of luck, unless they find a dealer that has a hard policy on no-markups (there are a few out there). The longer this shortage goes on, the greedier dealerships are going to be. It may very well pay to have been early to this party, literally.
I hate to break it to you man, but until the ink is dry on the purchase, they can very well change their mind and mark it up. If anything, keeping you this excited for this long, and them ordering your car, and you seeing it in person, makes it more likely that you'll be willing to pay a markup just to get it over with.
Old 10-25-21 | 02:10 PM
Intermediate

What is going on with Canadian spec cars? I found some stuff online about the Premium Package and the Launch Edition only but no other official details. Are they calling it the Premium Package for sure or is it going to be Series #?

Any idea what is included in the Canadian Premium package since we have packages only and no stand alone options.

Last edited by 387; 10-25-21 at 02:20 PM.
Old 10-25-21 | 02:16 PM
Kanpai
Instructor

Both these dealers weren't taking deposits on the car when I originally reached out in March.
Old 10-25-21 | 02:16 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

I hate to break it to you man, but until the ink is dry on the purchase, they can very well change their mind and mark it up. If anything, keeping you this excited for this long, and them ordering your car, and you seeing it in person, makes it more likely that you'll be willing to pay a markup just to get it over with.
Very true. Though if this happens I have an easy excuse to get my deposit back...and I'm taking 3-4 bottled waters and canned sodas on my way out too.
The following 2 users liked this post by macmaster:
TipsyTonio (10-25-21), wthrman2 (10-25-21)
Old 10-25-21 | 02:21 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Very true. Though if this happens I have an easy excuse to get my deposit back...and I'm taking 3-4 bottled waters and canned sodas on my way out too.
Hahahaha. Don't forget the bagels. The bagels at my Lexus dealer are to die for

Quick Reply: The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance