IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-21, 04:26 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Received 2,275 Likes on 1,046 Posts

Originally Posted by Answer
Just spoke with my friend at the dealer, he told me the 500 can actually be ordered as we speak (in CANADA). Would that order just sit somewhere in Lexus HQ world or would it actually mean something tangible, that I don't know though.

Now if I can just find an insurance company that has the 500 listed so I can roughly compare the costs. I don't think it would be that much more than a 350, but with all the Lexus theft going on, I'd still like to have a ballpark idea on insurance cost before actually ordering it!!
Lexus theft?!?! This is news to me. Around here they steal all the Scat Packs and Hellcats
Old 10-28-21, 04:30 PM
Answer
Instructor

Received 831 Likes on 404 Posts

Originally Posted by TipsyTonio
Lexus theft?!?! This is news to me. Around here they steal all the Scat Packs and Hellcats
Up here in Canada it's bad!! Worse for the Lexus SUVs, but I've heard of couple IS being stolen. There was like 20 Lexus SUVs stolen in like 2-3 weeks not too far from me.
Old 10-28-21, 04:56 PM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Received 3,958 Likes on 1,825 Posts

I haven’t heard anything in Atlanta where Lexus vehicles were targeted, but interestingly, my dealership said part of their markup is a theft retrieval system. Did a quote with my insurance provider and my premium went down.
The following users liked this post:
Carolina50 (10-28-21)
Old 10-28-21, 05:15 PM
Carolina50
Intermediate

Received 615 Likes on 309 Posts

Originally Posted by Answer
Just spoke with my friend at the dealer, he told me the 500 can actually be ordered as we speak (in CANADA). Would that order just sit somewhere in Lexus HQ world or would it actually mean something tangible, that I don't know though.

Now if I can just find an insurance company that has the 500 listed so I can roughly compare the costs. I don't think it would be that much more than a 350, but with all the Lexus theft going on, I'd still like to have a ballpark idea on insurance cost before actually ordering it!!
If you order it now it will be a press car that is going around getting beat up!
Old 10-28-21, 05:18 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,685 Likes on 1,783 Posts

Originally Posted by 95bat
By the time we get these cars wthrman won't look as good in that mini skirt review lol Few more wrinkles with 20 years of waiting added onto those legs
** LMAO ** I just hope those wrinkle will not be on area that has already too many wrinkles...or is that shrivel?!

I know you guys are amazing at photoshopping wheels on the IS500, so I attached my latest selfie so you can add my miniskirt (lol)

The following 2 users liked this post by wthrman2:
Carolina50 (10-28-21), TipsyTonio (10-28-21)
Old 10-28-21, 05:20 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by arentz07
Joking is allowed contrary to popular belief... As long as is it is obvious that it is joking in good spirit... I am glad there is some fun discussion going on here. I haven't seen a thread this busy in a while.
I can assure that I have no mean bone in my body and I would never make fun or attack any members here - I will poke fun at myself before doing or saying anything malicious to anyone here. I am glad that we are able to have a bit of fun and entertainment while waiting more info on the IS500

Answer - I had asked my insurance company about the IS500 and while a dollar figure wasn't given, he told me that he wouldn't expect anything more than ~100$ year at the most....I guess we'll find out soon as now that the car is becoming available, the actuaries will be crunching numbers

Last edited by wthrman2; 10-28-21 at 05:25 PM.
Old 10-28-21, 05:30 PM
Answer
Instructor

Originally Posted by Carolina50
If you order it now it will be a press car that is going around getting beat up!
We don't even have one press car in Canada so i'm not worried! And my salesman knows the drill, NOBODY drives my new cars and they are required to have less than 15km on them! lol!

wthrman2 - Yeah, i'm not expecting that much of a difference from my 350, but always nice to know beforehand!
The following 2 users liked this post by Answer:
Carolina50 (10-28-21), wthrman2 (10-28-21)
Old 10-28-21, 05:41 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

^^ I am the same, my dealer knows to NOT even PDI the vehicle if the roads are wet or dirty - My car will have NO mileage and will not be dirty underneath before delivery. He knows I am obsessed and quirky but he knows me by now and while I am picky, I am very respectful with them and clearly sets the expectations well in advance
Old 10-28-21, 05:45 PM
pts
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I was completely sold on an is500, but I’ve been hearing things may be pushed back to February. I’m considering other options. Any opinions on how the is500 may compare to something like an Audi rs5? Very different cars but just wondering what you all thought.
Old 10-28-21, 05:49 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Received 2,275 Likes on 1,046 Posts

Originally Posted by DLPTony

I haven’t heard anything in Atlanta where Lexus vehicles were targeted, but interestingly, my dealership said part of their markup is a theft retrieval system. Did a quote with my insurance provider and my premium went down.
Lucky! Allstate won’t let me get a quote without a VIN
DLPTony (10-28-21)
Old 10-28-21, 05:54 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

pts - Welcome to the forum!! You are asking a good question but I think most people here are IS500 fans (myself included) but most if not all (myself excluded actually) are disappointed by the on-going delays. There appears to be some development on the building front but I agree that it will still be a while before they get here, that is if you can put your hand on one where you live. Some markets seems to have long waiting lists and others have no interest on them so you maybe be lucky where you live in Georgia.

As for the comparo - Personally, I love Audi and that would be the brand I would consider outside of Lexus HOWEVER, as you know, getting a naturally aspirated V8 will not be met with Audi. Additionally, comparing a coupe with a sedan is a bit different and not really comparing apples to apples. I think the RS5 would be amazing, I love the lines and the turbos would give a much more rapid response in the lower rev range but you will lose the exclusive bragging rights of a V8 I know sometime we want something and want it now, however this is a huge financial commitment and if your heart is set on the IS500, compromising because of a few month delay may lead to buyer's remorse when it finally starts arriving. My 2 cents (which is only worth a penny in the US....
pts (11-05-21)
Old 10-28-21, 05:55 PM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Received 3,958 Likes on 1,825 Posts

Originally Posted by pts
I was completely sold on an is500, but I’ve been hearing things may be pushed back to February. I’m considering other options. Any opinions on how the is500 may compare to something like an Audi rs5? Very different cars but just wondering what you all thought.
There’s no other choice for me. If the IS500 happens to slip through my fingers (which I doubt it will), I’m also happy with my ‘16 350 FSport.
The following 2 users liked this post by DLPTony:
Racer00J (10-29-21), wthrman2 (10-28-21)
Old 10-28-21, 06:44 PM
Answer
Instructor

^^ same here, I'll try my best to get one, but if it doesn't work, my 2018 350 will completely continue to do the job!
DLPTony (10-28-21)
Old 10-28-21, 06:48 PM
TGPCanada
Intermediate

Received 788 Likes on 324 Posts

Originally Posted by wthrman2
I am Canadian and this is just my opinion but AWD are a bit overhyped. I am not sure why people feel so strongly about AWD. Back in the early 80's, most cars were RWD and the weather was just as bad if not worse and snow removal and such was not as good. A good set of winter tires can still make most conditions manageable but unless there is a blizzard unfolding, rare are the times I would not feel safe driving a RWD car. I find that barely after the storm is over, roads are plowed and chemicals applied and roads are bare again. I dont say that AWD are practical or useful, but I would not rule out a car because it is RWD. That is just me though...
Agree with this. I've been driving for 30 years in Canada using all season tires (never even had winter tires ). Now, with RWD, just get winter tires and you are fine. My dad would drive us around in the early 80s in RWD cars and somehow we managed fine . He even put bags of sand or other ballast in the trunk to help with getting traction on the rear wheels . Back then, the winters were way more brutal than now. Brutal blizzards. Less car traffic to create some lanes. Old tire technology. Streets were not plowed for days , forget about after the storm. Black ice , blue ice, every colour ice you can imagine . LOL.

Nowadays, with so much traffic , street plowing before storm is even over, modern tire technology, and advanced traction control and other safety features, I don't see an issue with driving a nearly 500 hp RWD sedan in the winter . Slap on winter tires and you are fine.

There is also an art to driving in the snow . I think every Canadian should do a driving test in snow conditions as a prerequisite for licensure .

Every year , first snowstorm, it's all the AWD SUV 's that are in the ditches because the drivers think they are free and clear because they have an AWD SUV that is "superior" in the snow . Same thing, every year, for as long as SUV's have been on the market .
The following 3 users liked this post by TGPCanada:
DLPTony (10-29-21), Racer00J (10-29-21), wthrman2 (10-29-21)
Old 10-28-21, 06:52 PM
Answer
Instructor

Totally true! AWD will help you accelerate faster, but won't stop you faster! You'll just be deeper in the ditch!

Quick Reply: The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance