IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-21, 02:57 PM
AmbyBomb
Instructor

Received 912 Likes on 421 Posts

I do as well. I don't want to take delivery in the winter with snow or gravel on the roads.
Old 10-31-21, 03:16 PM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Received 3,958 Likes on 1,825 Posts

Originally Posted by macmaster
Telluride is the dumbest name ever. “Telluride he’s late” is all I ever think of when I see these cars.
BWHAHAHA!!! That is funny as hell and now I’m ruined. 😂
Old 10-31-21, 04:31 PM
Answer
Instructor

Received 831 Likes on 404 Posts

Originally Posted by AmbyBomb
I do as well. I don't want to take delivery in the winter with snow or gravel on the roads.
Same here if I can get one! Even though it's gonna be my year round daily driver (yeah, I know i'm crazy), the later it sees snow, the better!
Old 10-31-21, 05:05 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,685 Likes on 1,783 Posts

^^ Mine won't be my daily driver - Given the harshness of the weather and chemicals applied on our roads here too, my daily drivers are the most affordable vehicle I can get since I just can't wrap my head in driving an expensive vehicle in crappy weather/months. So this way, my "cheaper car" gets the abuse, the potholes, the chemicals, the snow, and all that fun stuff but then spring, summer and fall is all about enjoying my baby. We are all different and I know that what I do is not practical to many, but it works for me and has served me well over the years - The joy of taking the baby out for a spin after a harsh winter is the best feeling in the world!

Last edited by wthrman2; 10-31-21 at 06:03 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by wthrman2:
Racer00J (11-01-21), Yri (10-31-21)
Old 10-31-21, 08:04 PM
Carolina50
Intermediate

Received 615 Likes on 309 Posts

Another month, another countdown to allocation day for November.
The following users liked this post:
TipsyTonio (10-31-21)
Old 10-31-21, 08:06 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Received 2,275 Likes on 1,046 Posts

Originally Posted by Carolina50
Yupppp. October was a bust. November has to be it
Carolina50 (10-31-21)
Old 10-31-21, 08:10 PM
Kandyman1
Driver

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by wthrman2
^^To be honest, anyone buying a vehicle with a 10k+ markup is making a mistake but I understand that some won't have any choice (car dies, totaled in an accident etc) but I would not upgrade for the sake of upgrading and paying that huge markup just because I want (versus need) a new car. That being said, that is just my opinion and there are plenty of people with lots of disposable income and for which spending it is not an issue.
Agreed. Plus there's no reason to bash Kia. It is a good SUV for what they ask at normal prices. No, I don't own one. I just don't have respect for people who bash (rather than critique) other vehicles to feel superior.
Old 10-31-21, 08:12 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Originally Posted by Kandyman1
Agreed. Plus there's no reason to bash Kia. It is a good SUV for what they ask at normal prices. No, I don't own one. I just don't have respect for people who bash (rather than critique) other vehicles to feel superior.
It’s alright. We’ll pick you up on the side of the road waiting with your Kia friends. #Respect
Carolina50 (10-31-21)
Old 11-01-21, 03:27 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Kandyman1
I am not trying to defend anyone or undermine your post, I agree that we should all be respectful when engaging in conversation about cars and other forum members but when I read the comment about the Kia, I read it as someone stating that 51K for a Kia is very expensive for what was once, pretty much a company with only econo boxes. Now I have have owned a few Hyundai products in the last few years (An Accent for 4 years and now an Elantra for almost 6 years) and have had 0 issues with either products and they were exposed to harsh driving situations/environment and never once did they fail me so I agree that they have come a long way. It is also quite possible I just got lucky as I am aware many have had engine problems. That being said, I would never spend 60-65k (Canadian) for a Hyundai product although I know their Genesis brand has received a lot of accolades - In my eyes, I still see the brand as a few years away before they can earn the credibility in the luxury market. If I am gonna spend that kind of money, I want to have somewhat of a brand recognition too (brand name is not everything however). We all love our Lexus and we view it as a Luxury brand yet many people on generic forum would say that unless you drive a BMW, Audi or Mercedes, you aren't aren't an enthusiast and shouldn't be taken with credibility so in the end, it's all about perception, opinion and experience. Let's all agree that we will never change people' s opinion about products, brands so let's just embrace that we have a place we can talk about our cars, let's have a little bit of fun and above all, let's all make sure we keep it civil so we don't get banned

Last edited by wthrman2; 11-01-21 at 03:52 AM.
DLPTony (11-01-21)
Old 11-01-21, 04:05 AM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Received 3,958 Likes on 1,825 Posts

I half liked this review. You’d think by now the reviewers (based on decades of sales figures), would understand the Lexus owner better. The IS500 was an anathema to him, but he ended up enjoying it anyway. Clearly the confusion is on him, because we know what we want and so does Lexus.

…and that’s all that matters.
The following 2 users liked this post by DLPTony:
natnut (11-01-21), wthrman2 (11-01-21)
Old 11-01-21, 04:07 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

^^ Couldn't have said it better!
DLPTony (11-01-21)
Old 11-01-21, 04:30 AM
SeanSkiVT
Driver School Candidate

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Carolina50
Hoping this is the month. My sales guy called me a couple of weeks back to tell me they still couldn't order due to supply chain / manufacturing issues, and I think he expected that I'd be mad at him. 100% not his fault, but man I sure wish I had my new car right now!
Carolina50 (11-01-21)
Old 11-01-21, 04:32 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

^^ So this begs the question, if they aren't able to order the 2022 yet, does that mean that the day they open the books for orders, it will then take the 12+ weeks to get here? We heard that line 3 had re-opened about a week or so ago, so are they just producing cars for other markets or other models only?
TipsyTonio (11-01-21)
Old 11-01-21, 04:58 AM
TipsyTonio
Racer

^^ So this begs the question, if they aren't able to order the 2022 yet, does that mean that the day they open the books for orders, it will then take the 12+ weeks to get here? We heard that line 3 had re-opened about a week or so ago, so are they just producing cars for other markets or other models only?
So I believe the order books for the IS300 and IS350 are already open and have been for quite some time, should a dealer have wanted to submit an order for a custom with a specific spec in mind, as was the case with me. The reason being that those models actually have a bunch of packages and options that you can either have or choose to not get. However on the IS500 front, things are a lot easier as the options that they have are really more along the line of accessories and those are installed at the port or at your dealer. Except for choosing the color and whether or not you want a base or a premium model, which in Canada you only get the premium, there are no more options.
SeanSkiVT (11-03-21)
Old 11-01-21, 05:07 AM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,954 Likes on 1,046 Posts

it’s possible R&D/engineering could also be fixing something specific to the IS500 based on review feedback, like the squishy brakes, quicker transmission software, etc. A large company like Lexus wouldn’t sit on their hands during the delay - somebody in engineering has got to be working on something, and that’s a good thing. At this point I’d be willing to wait for an improved car rather than getting the 2022 model rushed and finding 2023 is a lot better.
The following 2 users liked this post by macmaster:
DLPTony (11-01-21), TipsyTonio (11-01-21)

Quick Reply: The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance