IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-21, 04:37 PM
Answer
Instructor

Received 831 Likes on 404 Posts

Originally Posted by GaryJG
so only 13 IS 300's/IS 350's coming?
Gotta start somewhere no? It's better than zero.
The following 3 users liked this post by Answer:
Carolina50 (11-13-21), DLPTony (11-13-21), wthrman2 (11-13-21)
Old 11-13-21, 04:44 PM
Carolina50
Intermediate

Received 615 Likes on 309 Posts

Originally Posted by Answer
Gotta start somewhere no? It's better than zero.
Exactly! Can we at least address the positive.... for once?
The following 3 users liked this post by Carolina50:
Answer (11-13-21), DLPTony (11-13-21), wthrman2 (11-13-21)
Old 11-13-21, 05:02 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,685 Likes on 1,783 Posts

^^ I am positive they'll be more negative (LOL)
The following users liked this post:
Carolina50 (11-13-21)
Old 11-13-21, 05:04 PM
Answer
Instructor

Originally Posted by wthrman2
^^ I am positive they'll be more negative (LOL)
Technically for us, if they arrive sooner, it's negative so positive for some, is negative for others!
Old 11-13-21, 05:31 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

^^ Exactly I am hoping for an April/May arrival for mine, that would be perfect although my dealer said they'd be OK in keeping it there if it arrives sooner (my dealer is 4h away) or could have it delivered to my door so it wouldn't drive at all in the dirty roads. The issue is that in order to be delivered, it would need to be PDI'd which I don't want when the roads are messy - Why can't we all live in a place where there is no snow (sigh). I have have to sell my soul and find someone who can provide a roof over my head for Dec, Jan and Feb (lol) - For the record, if there are any takers, I am cheap....(lol)
The following 2 users liked this post by wthrman2:
Carolina50 (11-13-21), DLPTony (11-13-21)
Old 11-13-21, 06:03 PM
Carolina50
Intermediate

Received 615 Likes on 309 Posts

^^ Exactly I am hoping for an April/May arrival for mine, that would be perfect although my dealer said they'd be OK in keeping it there if it arrives sooner (my dealer is 4h away) or could have it delivered to my door so it wouldn't drive at all in the dirty roads. The issue is that in order to be delivered, it would need to be PDI'd which I don't want when the roads are messy - Why can't we all live in a place where there is no snow (sigh). I have have to sell my soul and find someone who can provide a roof over my head for Dec, Jan and Feb (lol) - For the record, if there are any takers, I am cheap....(lol)
I said yes!!!! Lol (nervous laugh)
The following 2 users liked this post by Carolina50:
DLPTony (11-13-21), wthrman2 (11-13-21)
Old 11-13-21, 10:31 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,954 Likes on 1,046 Posts

Originally Posted by AmbyBomb
Money definitely talks, as does actually placing an order. As I understand it, if the customer places an order, the car as ordered is marked for that customer, meaning if the customer cancels the order, the car doesn't go to the dealership for sale to someone else. When I placed a deposit and an order, my dealership made it clear that if I didn't want the car, they would really appreciate it if I didn't cancel the order so they can still get the LE and sell it to someone else.
this is most assuredly incorrect, as many of your posts have been. Nobody has any order assigned to them at this point. Dealers are going to get an allotment of cars. If it’s one you like and you’re next in line, it’s yours. If you don’t like it, next person in line can claim it. If nobody likes it, it probably gets posted online like every other car and some rando off the street can buy it. Meaning if you cancel your “order,” nobody gives a hoot, nothing changes with the dealer, and their life goes on.

Last edited by macmaster; 11-13-21 at 10:35 PM.
Old 11-13-21, 10:36 PM
AmbyBomb
Instructor

Received 912 Likes on 421 Posts

Originally Posted by macmaster
this is most assuredly incorrect, as many of your posts have been. Nobody has any order assigned to them at this point. Dealers are going to get an allotment of cars. If it’s one you like and you’re next in line, it’s yours. If you don’t like it, next person in line can claim it. If nobody likes it, it probably gets posted online like every other car and some rando off the street can buy it. Meaning if you cancel your “order,” nobody gives a hoot, nothing changes with the dealer, and their life goes on.
Wow, way to be a douchebag dude. I'm telling you what I've been told by my dealer. I placed an order, paid my deposit, and have been assured I have a car with my name on it.

Don't agree? I don't care and it's not like you know anymore than the rest of us.
The following 3 users liked this post by AmbyBomb:
Carolina50 (11-13-21), TipsyTonio (11-15-21), uclabrruin (11-14-21)
Old 11-14-21, 05:15 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

^^ I have learned that sometime, it is best to not engage with people that pushes our button. There are amazing folks here and while once in a while you will get the odd negative response, it is not the norm here

As for your allocation, I am a little unsure about the statement that your dealer gave you. In theory, if you decide to not proceed with your LE, they dont have to report that you changed your mind until the car is on their lot. I can see that being such a limited vehicle in Canada, the regional rep could reassign the car to another dealer that has it tagged as sold. They don't want to see a LE sitting on a dealer lot when people are really trying to get their hands on one. It would be like my Performance Model, if I am sitting here unable to get one but a dealer in another region would have 2 or 3 unsold on their lot, I would be like WTF?!

Bottom line, I cant see you not wanting it as i think I it will be a great vehicle but if you chose to not proceed with it, don't feel you cant call the dealer and tell them you changed your mind I am almost positive there is a waiting list for it anyway. Now let's just make sure we can at least get ours..
Old 11-14-21, 05:27 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,240 Likes on 1,359 Posts

Folks let’s disagree without the name calling please. If you can’t do that, don’t post
The following 3 users liked this post by DaveGS4:
Answer (11-14-21), arentz07 (11-14-21), wthrman2 (11-14-21)
Old 11-14-21, 05:44 AM
AmbyBomb
Instructor

Received 912 Likes on 421 Posts

^^ I have learned that sometime, it is best to not engage with people that pushes our button. There are amazing folks here and while once in a while you will get the odd negative response, it is not the norm here

As for your allocation, I am a little unsure about the statement that your dealer gave you. In theory, if you decide to not proceed with your LE, they dont have to report that you changed your mind until the car is on their lot. I can see that being such a limited vehicle in Canada, the regional rep could reassign the car to another dealer that has it tagged as sold. They don't want to see a LE sitting on a dealer lot when people are really trying to get their hands on one. It would be like my Performance Model, if I am sitting here unable to get one but a dealer in another region would have 2 or 3 unsold on their lot, I would be like WTF?!

Bottom line, I cant see you not wanting it as i think I it will be a great vehicle but if you chose to not proceed with it, don't feel you cant call the dealer and tell them you changed your mind I am almost positive there is a waiting list for it anyway. Now let's just make sure we can at least get ours..
​​​​​​What the dealership said to me back in April is that the order is actually submitted to Lexus Canada to ensure my name was added to the priority list. I was the first from that particular dealership to submit an order. If I backed out before the car arrived, the order would have to be retracted, since it was in my name, and my name would be removed from the priority list. If the next name on the list was from a different dealership, the car goes there (assuming next on the list says yes).

More recently, I got an email indicating I am one of one getting an LE from this same dealership.
wthrman2 (11-14-21)
Old 11-14-21, 05:53 AM
Answer
Instructor

^^ yeah, things might be a bit different here in Canada, my rep also told me my order was put thru and he would talk with the regional director to try to make sure I'll be able to get it.
Were as in the states, you guys don't seem to be able to even get those orders thru.
Old 11-14-21, 06:29 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

^^ AndyBomb is from Alberta, so one of us
Old 11-14-21, 06:32 AM
Answer
Instructor

^^ yeah I know! My "in the states" was directed at the others who actually are in US, but reading it back, it wasn't ultra clear I must admit!
wthrman2 (11-14-21)
Old 11-14-21, 06:38 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

No worries, my wife says I am horrible at expressing myself all the time (lol)
Answer (11-14-21)

Quick Reply: The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance