IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-21, 04:56 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,685 Likes on 1,783 Posts

^^ Don't ask - once seen, they will never leave your imagination - I wake up in a cold sweat at 3am!! LMAO
The following users liked this post:
TipsyTonio (11-17-21)
Old 11-16-21, 05:11 PM
Answer
Instructor

Received 831 Likes on 404 Posts

Originally Posted by AmbyBomb
That's my gut too. There might be a 17 that fits, but it will need to have a particular spoke pattern and offset. 18s should be OK. I was thinking of getting a set of Titan7 wheels.
I'm 75% sure 17" wheel won't fit on the 500 due to the bigger rotors. My 17's barely clear the caliper diameter wise, so if the calipers on the 500 are couple millimiters outward in relation to the hub, they will hit the inner portion of the wheels up front. Rears are probably not an issue. If the caliper placement is the same in relation to the hub as the 300/350, then 17's that fit on the 300/350 design wise will also fit on the 500.
The following 2 users liked this post by Answer:
arentz07 (11-16-21), wthrman2 (11-16-21)
Old 11-16-21, 06:42 PM
Kandyman1
Driver

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by TipsyTonio
Dealers are starting to show 2022 IS in inventory:
Lexus Cars in North Miami | Lexus of Pembroke Pines | Lexus SUVs
I thought of being quiet and not calling out names, but they/their practices should be called out!
It is Lexus of Pembroke Pines that asked me for a $5k deposit for an IS500, and wouldn’t commit to selling at MSRP. Unofficially, the sales rep told me I’d have to agree to buy at $5k above MSRP.

The rep from JM Lexus on the other hand told me they do not sell above MSRP and have no dealership fees. Excellent! Sadly I am #33 on their list and they weren’t taking any deposits when I spoke with them.
TipsyTonio (11-17-21)
Old 11-16-21, 10:40 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,954 Likes on 1,046 Posts

wthrman2 (11-17-21)
Old 11-17-21, 05:12 AM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Received 2,275 Likes on 1,046 Posts

Originally Posted by Kandyman1
I thought of being quiet and not calling out names, but they/their practices should be called out!
It is Lexus of Pembroke Pines that asked me for a $5k deposit for an IS500, and wouldn’t commit to selling at MSRP. Unofficially, the sales rep told me I’d have to agree to buy at $5k above MSRP.

The rep from JM Lexus on the other hand told me they do not sell above MSRP and have no dealership fees. Excellent! Sadly I am #33 on their list and they weren’t taking any deposits when I spoke with them.
Yeah the entire Craig Zinn group that owns Lexus of North Miami and Pembroke Pines are slimy. My brother worked for one of their dealers and I can tell you firsthand that their internal practices are shameful. JM on the other hand, seems to provide good service but when they feel like it. Communication is far from their strongsuit. I called them when the IS500 was first announced, back when I was considering that over a 350, and they told me that had no list but they would call me as soon as they had one. I'm still waiting for that call. I also called them on 9/10 asking to place an order for an IS350. They told me that they could not place any orders at the time. Then they periodically emailed me saying they still couldn't place orders. I left multiple emails and voicemails and never really heard back from them. It wasn't until yesterday that they told me that they could give me an allocation for one that would come in, not even for me to build one. Meanwhile, back on 9/17 I went to another dealer, placed my order, and got them to match the no dealer fee portion of JM Lexus. And as I previously said, I even have a build and delivery date. A friend of mine just bought a 2022 ES and he shared the same sentiment with JM. Their communication left a lot to desire given how much they promote the "one point of contact".
Old 11-17-21, 08:21 AM
macmaster
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TipsyTonio
Yeah the entire Craig Zinn group that owns Lexus of North Miami and Pembroke Pines are slimy. My brother worked for one of their dealers and I can tell you firsthand that their internal practices are shameful. JM on the other hand, seems to provide good service but when they feel like it. Communication is far from their strongsuit. I called them when the IS500 was first announced, back when I was considering that over a 350, and they told me that had no list but they would call me as soon as they had one. I'm still waiting for that call. I also called them on 9/10 asking to place an order for an IS350. They told me that they could not place any orders at the time. Then they periodically emailed me saying they still couldn't place orders. I left multiple emails and voicemails and never really heard back from them. It wasn't until yesterday that they told me that they could give me an allocation for one that would come in, not even for me to build one. Meanwhile, back on 9/17 I went to another dealer, placed my order, and got them to match the no dealer fee portion of JM Lexus. And as I previously said, I even have a build and delivery date. A friend of mine just bought a 2022 ES and he shared the same sentiment with JM. Their communication left a lot to desire given how much they promote the "one point of contact".
Sorry but I just can't imagine any car salesman from Miami not being slimy.
The following 2 users liked this post by macmaster:
DLPTony (11-17-21), TipsyTonio (11-17-21)
Old 11-17-21, 08:38 AM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Received 2,275 Likes on 1,046 Posts

Originally Posted by macmaster
Sorry but I just can't imagine any car salesman from Miami not being slimy.
Couldn't agree more
Old 11-17-21, 11:31 AM
Kanpai
Instructor

Received 974 Likes on 465 Posts

FINALLY found a local dealership that won't add a markup. They aren't taking deposits at the moment, but they don't expect to see one until after the new year. #Blessed
The following 4 users liked this post by Kanpai:
Carolina50 (11-17-21), DLPTony (11-17-21), TipsyTonio (11-17-21), wthrman2 (11-17-21)
Old 11-17-21, 11:39 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

^^ Congrats but just curious, are you doing Launch Edition or just the regar version?
Old 11-17-21, 11:48 AM
Kanpai
Instructor

Originally Posted by wthrman2
^^ Congrats but just curious, are you doing Launch Edition or just the regar version?
Regular. I love the colors of the Launch, but the bang for your buck just isn't there for me. I still need to decide if I want the Base or Premium, but USB2 is the color for sure.
wthrman2 (11-17-21)
Old 11-17-21, 12:37 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Kanpai
Regular. I love the colors of the Launch, but the bang for your buck just isn't there for me. I still need to decide if I want the Base or Premium, but USB2 is the color for sure.
I’m right there with you. I think it’ll depend on whatever comes in first. A base would be kind of cool because of the savings. Gonna have to learn to be content with the non-ML sound system. As long as the base comes with memory seats.
Old 11-17-21, 12:40 PM
Kanpai
Instructor

Originally Posted by macmaster
I’m right there with you. I think it’ll depend on whatever comes in first. A base would be kind of cool because of the savings. Gonna have to learn to be content with the non-ML sound system. As long as the base comes with memory seats.
The ML Sound system and Panoramic Parking Camera is all I want above base. It irks me because the brochure lists them as options a la carte, but seems like that won't be an option. THANKS COVID
Old 11-17-21, 12:54 PM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,731 Likes on 1,900 Posts

Originally Posted by Kanpai
The ML Sound system and Panoramic Parking Camera is all I want above base. It irks me because the brochure lists them as options a la carte, but seems like that won't be an option. THANKS COVID
You have the Premium Package. It comes with a bunch of features, including both of the above. I don't think the brochure is up to date.
Old 11-17-21, 01:06 PM
Kanpai
Instructor

Originally Posted by arentz07
You have the Premium Package. It comes with a bunch of features, including both of the above. I don't think the brochure is up to date.
I get that, but I don't care for the Nav, Rear Sunshade, Moonroof, or triple beam headlights. I know, at this point, I am a choosing beggar.
Old 11-17-21, 01:26 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

In Canada, our IS500 comes only one way, except for the LE so we are in worse shape. We get to chose the exterior and interior color and that is about it, and even questioning if we will get so lucky or just a call saying, we can get you one in pink with a green interior...want it?! Lol.

We dont get the sunroof even if we wanted it and I dont think we get the rear sunshade. I dont use the backseats anymore so I dont need privacy..those days are long gone lol.

I am happy that we do get the ML and while I don't need the triple beam headlights, I dont mind them.
DLPTony (11-17-21)

Quick Reply: The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance