IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-21, 04:08 AM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Received 3,958 Likes on 1,825 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Wait this is for your 2022 IS 350 ??

Cause the F Sport exhaust upgrade is clearly for a V6 IS 350 ONLY!!!

Joe Z
It was an option that could be selected in the IS500 build section. I’m not looking to swap out my quad exhaust….obviously….but I saw it and was like, wait…what?

So I asked, and now I know the site isn’t completely set and the option should be hidden. 😎

Last edited by DLPTony; 11-18-21 at 04:12 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Joe Z (11-18-21)
Old 11-18-21, 04:14 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,685 Likes on 1,783 Posts

^^ It still baffles me that an official manufacturer's website can still be displaying such erroneous and misleading information. There are some extremely well paid people working on these and that is the best they can do?!? Yet, they have no issues putting all the disclaimers and jargon about legal stuff....sheesh
The following 2 users liked this post by wthrman2:
DLPTony (11-18-21), Joe Z (11-18-21)
Old 11-18-21, 05:13 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Shoeboy4
IS500 Launch Edition is now a search function with no results
What is a bit troubling about that video is where Jake talks about some vehicles with premium packages have the ML system being built without it (at a reduced price) because of the chip issue. We all know this is the reality but I would not be happy to get an IS500 without the ML because that is one of the feature I want in the vehicle. I would rather them build them a bit slower but as spec'd rather than getting a de-equipped vehicle - It would feel like a cheapened version of the car. I know some BMW are being build without the 'touchscreen' feature because of the chip shortage, again, it seems like that would be a weird thing to see happen. I just hope we won't see too much of this type of shenanigan with our IS500
The following 4 users liked this post by wthrman2:
Carolina50 (11-18-21), DLPTony (11-18-21), Kanpai (11-18-21), Shoeboy4 (11-18-21)
Old 11-18-21, 05:20 AM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Received 2,275 Likes on 1,046 Posts

Originally Posted by wthrman2
What is a bit troubling about that video is where Jake talks about some vehicles with premium packages have the ML system being built without it (at a reduced price) because of the chip issue. We all know this is the reality but I would not be happy to get an IS500 without the ML because that is one of the feature I want in the vehicle. I would rather them build them a bit slower but as spec'd rather than getting a de-equipped vehicle - It would feel like a cheapened version of the car. I know some BMW are being build without the 'touchscreen' feature because of the chip shortage, again, it seems like that would be a weird thing to see happen. I just hope we won't see too much of this type of shenanigan with our IS500
I totally agree. I would absolutely walk away from a car if it didn't have what it was supposed to have or what I had asked for. Having said that, I find it very unlikely that the IS500 will suffer from that due to the low volume nature of the vehicle. They'll produce so little of them I highly doubt they'll strip things from it.

Adding to that though, I believe Jake may have been simply mistaken though. If you build a 2022 GX 460 Luxury on their website, Mark Levinson is a $1145 option that can be selected. It is not standard on the vehicle. I have yet to hear of Lexus removing features to cope with the production woes, unlike BMW and GM with the latter removing what seems to be all but the engine in order to meet demand lol.
The following 3 users liked this post by TipsyTonio:
Carolina50 (11-18-21), Kanpai (11-18-21), wthrman2 (11-18-21)
Old 11-18-21, 05:23 AM
Kanpai
Instructor

Received 974 Likes on 465 Posts

Completely agree on this. This would affect Canadian customers more than US since for us here, if we aren't getting say the ML speakers, I can just say okay, I'll buy the base package and save money. For Canadians, you don't have that choice.
Old 11-18-21, 05:25 AM
Carolina50
Intermediate

Received 615 Likes on 309 Posts

Agree and I would feel regret just thinking about it afterwards.
wthrman2 (11-18-21)
Old 11-18-21, 05:35 AM
TipsyTonio
Racer

When I went to go place my order for my car, one manager was telling me that Lexus had told them to not order cars with ML as they would likely not receive them until 2022. But at the same time he was trying very very hard to get me into a 2021 model. It was news to me since I had heard no one mention ML being hard to find. So after that, I monitored incoming inventory for close to a month and, not to my surprise, a bunch of the cars (Japan or US Built) were coming with ML Audio. As much as us enthusiasts love ML Audio and wouldn't buy a car without it, a bunch of cars get sold without it, especially in the IS. The IS is Lexus' entry vehicle to the brand and a lot of people just want the badge but cant afford the payments of a well equipped car; they just want the $449 a month lease payment, so they'll buy the cheapest one on the lot.
The following 2 users liked this post by TipsyTonio:
arentz07 (11-18-21), Carolina50 (11-18-21)
Old 11-18-21, 07:46 AM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,731 Likes on 1,900 Posts

Originally Posted by TipsyTonio
When I went to go place my order for my car, one manager was telling me that Lexus had told them to not order cars with ML as they would likely not receive them until 2022. But at the same time he was trying very very hard to get me into a 2021 model. It was news to me since I had heard no one mention ML being hard to find. So after that, I monitored incoming inventory for close to a month and, not to my surprise, a bunch of the cars (Japan or US Built) were coming with ML Audio. As much as us enthusiasts love ML Audio and wouldn't buy a car without it, a bunch of cars get sold without it, especially in the IS. The IS is Lexus' entry vehicle to the brand and a lot of people just want the badge but cant afford the payments of a well equipped car; they just want the $449 a month lease payment, so they'll buy the cheapest one on the lot.
I think ML is worth getting if you don't want to modify the audio system on your own. Plus, those aluminum control ***** feel pretty nice to use.

If you plan on changing it afterwards... the base system will be okay.

TipsyTonio (11-18-21)
Old 11-18-21, 07:58 AM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Originally Posted by arentz07
I think ML is worth getting if you don't want to modify the audio system on your own. Plus, those aluminum control ***** feel pretty nice to use.

If you plan on changing it afterwards... the base system will be okay.
Agreed, except for the fact that the only way to get the 10 inch screen is with ML because I highly doubt Lexus is willing to build a car with the nav package without ML
Old 11-18-21, 08:15 AM
Compromise
Intermediate

Received 415 Likes on 176 Posts

I was told there are rumors that one of the dealers here will be getting a base IS500 by end of December.. don't really believe it though.
Carolina50 (11-18-21)
Old 11-18-21, 08:23 AM
lexussingh
Pit Crew

Received 98 Likes on 42 Posts

Has anyone noticed that the upgraded exhaust system only has two outlets instead of four?
I guess they are piggybacking off the IS 350 exhaust option?

Either way, its a bummer for me because I want to hear that sexy exhaust note, but I'm not sacrificing the sexy look of that stacked quad exhaust.
Old 11-18-21, 08:56 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TipsyTonio
Agreed, except for the fact that the only way to get the 10 inch screen is with ML because I highly doubt Lexus is willing to build a car with the nav package without ML
Well, in Canada, we have the large screen with Nav but no ML so that is already available ... Ah Canada!! (lol)

Originally Posted by Compromise
I was told there are rumors that one of the dealers here will be getting a base IS500 by end of December.. don't really believe it though.
Well, they could have built a few base IS500 and will just allocate them to dealers that want them - I could see Lexus say "Hey, there are 10 base IS500 in color Y, Y and Z" If any dealers wants it, tag it That being said, I would find it also hard to believe they would build these ahead of the LE but mind you, since the base doesn't have the ML, maybe they will roll a few out to get the buzz going

Originally Posted by lexussingh
Has anyone noticed that the upgraded exhaust system only has two outlets instead of four?
I guess they are piggybacking off the IS 350 exhaust option?
As discussed earlier, we feel this is an error - that exhaust on the configurator will only work on the IS350 V6, not the V8
Either way, its a bummer for me because I want to hear that sexy exhaust note, but I'm not sacrificing the sexy look of that stacked quad exhaust.

Last edited by wthrman2; 11-18-21 at 08:59 AM.
Old 11-18-21, 09:13 AM
Answer
Instructor

Received 831 Likes on 404 Posts

Just got word from my dealer and according to the regional manager that they just spoke with, there's like no chances I'm getting a 2022. He told me that most of the allocations were cut and it's gonna be real low volume in Canada. He's not even sure for 2023...

That's a real bummer. I'll try to speak with other dealers just out of curiosity to get their feedback.
The following 2 users liked this post by Answer:
DLPTony (11-18-21), wthrman2 (11-18-21)
Old 11-18-21, 09:14 AM
Carolina50
Intermediate

Received 615 Likes on 309 Posts

Originally Posted by Answer
Just got word from my dealer and according to the regional manager that they just spoke with, there's like no chances I'm getting a 2022. He told me that most of the allocations were cut and it's gonna be real low volume in Canada. He's not even sure for 2023...

That's a real bummer. I'll try to speak with other dealers just out of curiosity to get their feedback.
That's crazy
Old 11-18-21, 09:20 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Answer

That really sucks - I may have to set my expectations really low then - Why tease us with a car they can't make!

Last edited by wthrman2; 11-18-21 at 09:29 AM.

Quick Reply: The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance