IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-21, 01:59 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,685 Likes on 1,783 Posts

Originally Posted by TipsyTonio
Wow.... you're gonna cheat on my girl's legs like that? SMH
I am not gone and the table has already turned!! Poor Carolina is gonna lose its marbles...lmao

So now she will be paying to see my legs..loving it!!
Old 11-18-21, 02:07 PM
Carolina50
Intermediate

Received 615 Likes on 309 Posts

Originally Posted by wthrman2
I am not gone and the table has already turned!! Poor Carolina is gonna lose its marbles...lmao

So now she will be paying to see my legs..loving it!!
And what is going on?
Old 11-18-21, 03:09 PM
dk12
Driver

Received 106 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Configurator

Hey guys, I’m super excited with all this news and the launch of the build configurator. This might be a simple fix but for me everytime I try to build the is500 it says “We’re sorry invalid build” is that only me or does anyone else see that ?
Old 11-18-21, 03:13 PM
Kanpai
Instructor

Received 974 Likes on 465 Posts

Originally Posted by dk12
Hey guys, I’m super excited with all this news and the launch of the build configurator. This might be a simple fix but for me everytime I try to build the is500 it says “We’re sorry invalid build” is that only me or does anyone else see that ?
I just tried myself and built mine to completion. What did you try?
Old 11-18-21, 03:13 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Received 2,275 Likes on 1,046 Posts

Check to see that the url at the top has a zip code after “zip/“. I’ve had that happen before and I just put the zip after that
Old 11-18-21, 03:25 PM
dk12
Driver

Originally Posted by Kanpai
I just tried myself and built mine to completion. What did you try?
Wow that’s really weird I just went on the is page and clicked build my is500, for some reason if I click build cars the 2022 model doesn’t show up at all for me.
Old 11-18-21, 03:27 PM
Carolina50
Intermediate

Received 615 Likes on 309 Posts

Wow that’s really weird I just went on the is page and clicked build my is500, for some reason if I click build cars the 2022 model doesn’t show up at all for me.
It happens to me every now and then when using Edge. Even after clearing history, it works a couple of times. Always works when I use Firefox.
The following 2 users liked this post by Carolina50:
dk12 (11-18-21), DLPTony (11-18-21)
Old 11-18-21, 03:31 PM
dk12
Driver

Originally Posted by Carolina50
It happens to me every now and then when using Edge. Even after clearing history, it works a couple of times. Always works when I use Firefox.
Thank you so much everyone for your quick help. This worked for me, used Firefox and the builder is working. I don’t understand why it wasn’t working on safari. But I’m happy now !
The following 2 users liked this post by dk12:
Carolina50 (11-18-21), DLPTony (11-18-21)
Old 11-18-21, 03:37 PM
Kanpai
Instructor

Thank you so much everyone for your quick help. This worked for me, used Firefox and the builder is working. I don’t understand why it wasn’t working on safari. But I’m happy now !
Are you actually located in NJ? Do you have a dealer you're working with yet?
Old 11-18-21, 03:41 PM
pandahatch
Rookie

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

Super stoked on this! Been on meetings all day yesterday and today so haven't checked in as frequently. Of course it drops while I'm not actively going to the IS500 page every hour!

Sent my dealer my preferences as well - originally they told me they could order the exact configuration I wanted but I don't think that's actually true so I gave them some options:

GW w/ black
USB2.0 w/ circuit red
USB2.0 w/ black
Infrared w/ black

No greyscale for me!
The following users liked this post:
DLPTony (11-18-21)
Old 11-18-21, 03:45 PM
dk12
Driver

Are you actually located in NJ? Do you have a dealer you're working with yet?
Yes , almost no dealer here would let me place a deposit without a markup so I actually went to ny. Ray catena of larchmont specifically, and I was able to be the first to put a deposit on a is500 premium. There was only one person ahead of me but that was for a LE. But most recently I bought a car from Lexus of Princeton and all of sudden they wanted to work with me, so after some back and forth I was able to get a deposit there too after getting the manager to sign a contract pledging they won’t take over msrp. Both deposits are refundable though so honestly when the time comes which dealership is able to work with me the best is the one I’ll go with. So far thought Ray catena of Larchmont has been great to work with and even broke down all their fees on the contract and they are no bs when it comes to that. Unlike their nj siblings.
The following users liked this post:
DLPTony (11-18-21)
Old 11-18-21, 04:33 PM
Kanpai
Instructor

Yes , almost no dealer here would let me place a deposit without a markup so I actually went to ny. Ray catena of larchmont specifically, and I was able to be the first to put a deposit on a is500 premium. There was only one person ahead of me but that was for a LE. But most recently I bought a car from Lexus of Princeton and all of sudden they wanted to work with me, so after some back and forth I was able to get a deposit there too after getting the manager to sign a contract pledging they won’t take over msrp. Both deposits are refundable though so honestly when the time comes which dealership is able to work with me the best is the one I’ll go with. So far thought Ray catena of Larchmont has been great to work with and even broke down all their fees on the contract and they are no bs when it comes to that. Unlike their nj siblings.
I reached out to Haldeman but haven't circled back yet. I may try to work with them since they are the closest to me, but I already have a dealer in PA that doesn't do markups so they are a solid fallback. Concur on the Catena dealers in NJ, they already said they are marking up the car.
Old 11-18-21, 04:40 PM
dk12
Driver

I reached out to Haldeman but haven't circled back yet. I may try to work with them since they are the closest to me, but I already have a dealer in PA that doesn't do markups so they are a solid fallback. Concur on the Catena dealers in NJ, they already said they are marking up the car.
Yeah, I don’t know why they have those practices. I was actually supposed buy my current car from them but after they said they’re going to mark up the IS 5-10k I walked out and went to haldeman. They’re nice too but so far catena in NY has been the most transparent and informative. Good luck though !
Old 11-18-21, 04:42 PM
Kanpai
Instructor

Yeah, I don’t know why they have those practices. I was actually supposed buy my current car from them but after they said they’re going to mark up the IS 5-10k I walked out and went to haldeman. They’re nice too but so far catena in NY has been the most transparent and informative. Good luck though !
Same to you! Keep me updated on how it goes for you!
Old 11-18-21, 05:37 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,685 Likes on 1,783 Posts

I have a feeling we'll be seeing a lot of activity now that the IS500 LE are being built with an expected delivery of late December - Once the LE are done, Lexus can then focus on the regular IS500 and while I don't expect the flood gates to open wide, I would be shocked that they wouldn't allocate at least 1 or 2 per dealers to try and promote the new Performance series! Obviously, larger markets would get more but even small dealers should be given at least the option to have 1 or 2 for customers like myself who have basically told their dealers that it's sold. I would never expect to see a lot with IS500 sitting around given how limited they will be, but judging by the number of people here waiting to snag one, Lexus will not have any issue selling them. So while there was a lot of speculation and general discussion while we were waiting for the arrival of the IS500, our moment is finally here and I am predicting things will start moving, slow, but still moving....Here is to hoping anyway!!
The following 5 users liked this post by wthrman2:
Answer (11-18-21), Carolina50 (11-18-21), DLPTony (11-18-21), flighthalo (11-19-21), Shoeboy4 (11-18-21)

Quick Reply: The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance