IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-21, 08:47 PM
Caledrith
10th Gear

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

Does anyone have any idea of what sort of PPF they're putting over the car? I don't anticipate the 3M OEM stuff to be that great, but XPEL Ultimate stuff seems pretty good. I just don't know how much of the car I should anticipate and how much I should anticipate spending.
Old 11-18-21, 08:49 PM
AmbyBomb
Instructor

Received 912 Likes on 421 Posts

I assume they come with no PPF. I was budgeting another $2,000 or so for PPF and ceramic coating.
The following users liked this post:
Carolina50 (11-18-21)
Old 11-18-21, 08:56 PM
Compromise
Intermediate

Received 415 Likes on 176 Posts

I have XPEL on my current car and it's great. I'll probably have that done again.

I think Lexus has their own PPF but I've haven't heard good things about them.
Old 11-18-21, 08:57 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Received 2,275 Likes on 1,046 Posts

Originally Posted by Compromise
I have XPEL on my current car and it's great. I'll probably have that done again.

I think Lexus has their own PPF but I've haven't heard good things about them.
The OEM PPF is 3M, but it’s not even 3M’s best product. Definitely go aftermarket for it
Old 11-18-21, 09:26 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,063 Likes on 586 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by TipsyTonio
Unless they have since corrected it, Joe Z’s pricing was actually last years pricing for the mirror caps. When I checked yesterday they were showing the caps at $1100. Totally not worth it in my opinion. You could go aftermarket for half that. Or the aftermarket stick on ones for like $100
Originally Posted by Compromise
But they're OEM from LEXUS

Jokes aside, yea.. true. I'd rather spend that money on PPF/ceramic coating/tint.
2022 Pricing sheet / codes was released Sept. 9, 2021

*Pricing subject to change without notice

Joe Z
Old 11-18-21, 10:18 PM
you500
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Damn...I was hoping that the moonroof would be optional on the non-premium. I'd rather have the lower center of gravity and structural rigidity than some hole in the roof. Also wanted to keep this car for many, many years, so a moonroof would be an added maintenance item if something were to go wrong or leak.
Old 11-19-21, 02:38 AM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 254 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by wthrman2
I have a feeling we'll be seeing a lot of activity now that the IS500 LE are being built with an expected delivery of late December - Once the LE are done, Lexus can then focus on the regular IS500 and while I don't expect the flood gates to open wide, I would be shocked that they wouldn't allocate at least 1 or 2 per dealers to try and promote the new Performance series! Obviously, larger markets would get more but even small dealers should be given at least the option to have 1 or 2 for customers like myself who have basically told their dealers that it's sold. I would never expect to see a lot with IS500 sitting around given how limited they will be, but judging by the number of people here waiting to snag one, Lexus will not have any issue selling them. So while there was a lot of speculation and general discussion while we were waiting for the arrival of the IS500, our moment is finally here and I am predicting things will start moving, slow, but still moving....Here is to hoping anyway!!
I know this sucks for the ones wanting the car, but if all you said is true (which it likely is), why on earth would they NOT mark up the car?!?!?! They'll sell regardless....even if customer 'A thru D' doesn't pay the markup, customers 'E thru Z' ARE willing to pay the markup for this car. Get your wallets ready or either sit back and watch everyone else aquire the car. Unfortunately thats where we are in the world right now.
And I'm hearing that the is500 WILL NOT be a limited production car (besides the 500 LE's). They will produce as many as they can (of course dependant on how long the chip shortages last into 2022). Obviously, the majority of the allotted chips they have will go to the best sellers, which are the RX and NX, but I'm hearing no specific amount allotted to the is500.

V.

V.
Old 11-19-21, 02:45 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,685 Likes on 1,783 Posts

Originally Posted by Kanpai
I wonder if they'll tell you what number your LE is when it arrives.
Well all LE will have a serial plaque telling you which number in the series, your vehicle was produced. Let me be clear though, the LE is not my preferred option

Vitveet - I hear what you are saying about allocating the chips to the high seller models (SUVs) however, isn't a sold IS500 equally sold as a sold NX? In other words, if the vehicle is tagged as sold, just build it and let me have it - I would argue the profit margin on an IS500 is higher than a NX, or certainly no less....

Last edited by wthrman2; 11-19-21 at 02:52 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by wthrman2:
Carolina50 (11-19-21), DLPTony (11-19-21)
Old 11-19-21, 05:14 AM
Yaroze86
Pit Crew

Received 236 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Found this helpful / useful post in the other dead thread….
(Car Chat)

Joe Z
Looks like the front fender is different as well.
Old 11-19-21, 06:02 AM
Kanpai
Instructor

Received 974 Likes on 465 Posts

Originally Posted by wthrman2
Well all LE will have a serial plaque telling you which number in the series, your vehicle was produced. Let me be clear though, the LE is not my preferred option

Vitveet - I hear what you are saying about allocating the chips to the high seller models (SUVs) however, isn't a sold IS500 equally sold as a sold NX? In other words, if the vehicle is tagged as sold, just build it and let me have it - I would argue the profit margin on an IS500 is higher than a NX, or certainly no less....
I know you want the white on white, but if I were "allocated" an LE, I'd be a least curious to see what number it was on the nameplate. There'd be a handful of numbers I'd consider if given the option, but if I get assigned a number I don't care about, I wouldn't feel as attached, as dumb as i sounds.
Old 11-19-21, 06:16 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

^^ I'll see what the number will be when it gets here - I don't have a specific number that has a significance to me but will be interesting to see the color in person
Old 11-19-21, 06:17 AM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,954 Likes on 1,046 Posts

Originally Posted by Vitveet
I know this sucks for the ones wanting the car, but if all you said is true (which it likely is), why on earth would they NOT mark up the car?!?!?! They'll sell regardless....even if customer 'A thru D' doesn't pay the markup, customers 'E thru Z' ARE willing to pay the markup for this car. Get your wallets ready or either sit back and watch everyone else aquire the car. Unfortunately thats where we are in the world right now.
And I'm hearing that the is500 WILL NOT be a limited production car (besides the 500 LE's). They will produce as many as they can (of course dependant on how long the chip shortages last into 2022). Obviously, the majority of the allotted chips they have will go to the best sellers, which are the RX and NX, but I'm hearing no specific amount allotted to the is500.

V.

V.
Why wouldn’t a dealership not mark them up you say? Because some dealership owners have hard rules against that. Who knew there were decent people in the world
The following 3 users liked this post by macmaster:
95bat (11-19-21), flighthalo (11-19-21), wthrman2 (11-19-21)
Old 11-19-21, 06:50 AM
flighthalo
Rookie

Received 148 Likes on 43 Posts

I have an LE coming and my dealership is not marking up my car over the original MSRP.................I don't think this is because I'm a repeat Lexus customer but because my dealership is not crooked ....with all Lexus factories running at full capacity by mid December (per my Lexus Rep).eventually inventories will improve and the market will go from a sellers market to more of a buyers market (or at least closer to the middle) so going back on an advertised price and harming your local reputation may not be the wisest move.......also, no one knows for a fact HOW many people are actually waiting OR what they are actually willing to pay so a lot of this is hype and speculation...I think it is more than likely that anyone who walks out of a deal based on a Dealer raising the price over the MSRP will be able to purchase that car at the same dealership or another within 90-120 days once we are into 2022......and if the dealer screws you take the road trip and buy elsewhere, you will enjoy the drive home.
Old 11-19-21, 06:50 AM
Kanpai
Instructor

Received 974 Likes on 465 Posts

Originally Posted by macmaster
Why wouldn’t a dealership not mark them up you say? Because some dealership owners have hard rules against that. Who knew there were decent people in the world
One dealership just got back to me saying they are marking up the LE by $10k! Not sure about the base/premium, but that caught me off guard.
Old 11-19-21, 07:36 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Kanpai - That is just greed!!
The following 3 users liked this post by wthrman2:
Carolina50 (11-19-21), DLPTony (11-19-21), Kanpai (11-19-21)

Quick Reply: The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance