IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-21, 05:30 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,700 Likes on 1,786 Posts

^^ Well, according to our Canadian website it appears this way....

The following users liked this post:
Carolina50 (11-20-21)
Old 11-20-21, 05:41 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts

^^^ Yeaup that’s weird… I’m sure it will be as the LE press kit has these made one way…

In other news, they took of the V6 exhaust accessory option off the 500 options.

And finally have a good look at the CF upgraded covers.. +$1,100

Great when paired with the CF wing that only comes standard on the IS 350 F SPORT DHP

Obviously any of the 500’s can be upgraded with CF spoiler but likely be Port Installed or Dealership Installed..
Give or take another $1k

Joe Z
Old 11-20-21, 05:50 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

^^ Yikes, those are not cheap!! I assume they have fixed the CF spoiler issue that was part of the original vehicles? Didn't they have a fitment problem or something?
Old 11-20-21, 06:26 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by wthrman2
^^ Yikes, those are not cheap!! I assume they have fixed the CF spoiler issue that was part of the original vehicles? Didn't they have a fitment problem or something?
Never got the full back story on those owed that from initial shipments on the 2021 IS 350 F SPORT w/ DHP.

From what I have seen any of the remaining later 2021’s arrived with them on.

All versions of the IS 500 will have the Glossy Black Spoiler to match the other half of the side view mirrors.

Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 11-20-21 at 06:30 PM.
wthrman2 (11-20-21)
Old 11-20-21, 06:37 PM
Shoeboy4
Intermediate

Received 512 Likes on 182 Posts

From insta if this time frame is right some of us may have a very merry christmas
View this post on Instagram
The following 4 users liked this post by Shoeboy4:
Carolina50 (11-20-21), Compromise (11-20-21), flighthalo (11-21-21), wthrman2 (11-20-21)
Old 11-21-21, 10:09 AM
CrispyTofu
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Saw this ad by one of our local dealers. Apparently the first one will land in BC Canada on December 10th.

The following 2 users liked this post by CrispyTofu:
DLPTony (11-21-21), wthrman2 (11-21-21)
Old 11-21-21, 10:14 AM
AmbyBomb
Instructor

Received 922 Likes on 425 Posts

BC is currently heavily flooded with highways destroyed, so that seems very optimistic.
wthrman2 (11-21-21)
Old 11-21-21, 10:37 AM
Answer
Instructor

Received 839 Likes on 405 Posts

^^ Indeed!

But BC will still probably get them sooner since they have a lot less traveling to do that us on the east coast
wthrman2 (11-21-21)
Old 11-21-21, 10:38 AM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,968 Likes on 1,053 Posts

Originally Posted by CrispyTofu
Saw this ad by one of our local dealers. Apparently the first one will land in BC Canada on December 10th.
Nice a 10 speed automatic transmission, I want that one!

I wouldn’t believe a word from this dealership. Seems like all Canadians (dealers and buyers) are riddled with false info on the IS500. My 2 dealers in SoCal still know nothing and received no word on allocations on Friday. Maybe they’re lying to me, but the more plausible explanation is that Canadians are misconstruing things they’ve heard from Japan. Canadian chaps are always so friendly and optimistic. Is that a racial prejudice?

Last edited by macmaster; 11-21-21 at 10:41 AM.
Old 11-21-21, 11:26 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

^^ LMAO - Well, at least our website was updated before the US version, maybe we are the one with the correct information

That being said, I also know that there is a lot of misinformation out there, including from so-called expert youtube reviewers and such. We are all trying to navigate through this unprecedented time and while I know that not all information shared from dealers is correct, but at least we are trying to share what we hear and compare notes. It seems a known fact that dealers are getting their LE by the end of December, a few have already reported similar dates and information - Not sure why your dealer has no clue so far, it seems they are a bit in teh dark too.

Recall one of the youtube video from a car show where there was a poster next to the car showing AWD, errors do occur/slip so I wouldn't be too harsh for putting the 10 speed on the IS500. Keep in mind that here in Canada, we mostly get the AWD on both the IS and RC which means we always get the 6 Speed, so maybe who ever created the add got excited and forgot that the "higher gear" transmission was the 8 speed and not 10 speed like the TLX.

CrispyTofu - That price must including transportation as the car is listed at 72 900$ in Canada...thoughts? Also, why would say "driven 300 km?" on a car that is not yet arrived?
The following 3 users liked this post by wthrman2:
Answer (11-21-21), Carolina50 (11-21-21), CrispyTofu (11-21-21)
Old 11-21-21, 11:36 AM
CrispyTofu
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmmmm I’d certainly hope so. Another ad from what looks to be the same dealer had the price at $74,300 so I feel like the price isn’t very accurate. That along with the KMs may just be placeholder at the moment; although I hope the estimated arrival date isn’t. Officially Canadian dealerships aren’t allowed to have markups and forced options (like ceramic coating and nitrogen in tires) but that hasn’t stopped some of them from trying, especially when we got the LE 10th gen Type R. My dealership has told me the car will be sold at MSRP.
wthrman2 (11-21-21)
Old 11-21-21, 12:06 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

^^ I am still trying to wrap my head around the fact that the LE will arrive at the same time (or thereabouts) as the F Sport Performance which to me, makes no sense. The purpose of a LE is to "launch" the F Sport Performance division so it should arrive 1st. That is why I am wondering if my order was not taken as they are limiting the production to the LE 1st. I could see Lexus doing a few non-LE and allocating them randomly to dealers, almost sharing a few crumbs and get some buzz at dealers, until the LE is done its production and they can ramp up the assembly line for the regular F Sport Performance...spoken purely from speculation and personal opinion as an uninformed Canadian (LOL) - Just teasing you macmaster
Old 11-21-21, 12:35 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,968 Likes on 1,053 Posts

At this point I have no idea what is true and not true. I can only guess. The dealership says everybody is watching it for me so the ***** are in their court. I should go into hibernation for a few months haha.
wthrman2 (11-21-21)
Old 11-21-21, 12:36 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Cool

Originally Posted by Joe Z
The last one I special ordered was completed with proper dealership PDI..
BUT I requested to not remove any shipment paper or plastics on interior or exterior… No Wash, No license plate bracket holes, nada.

It was an epic drive home and unwrap to say the least.

Joe Z
Originally Posted by wthrman2
^^ I know, I was expressing a wish - I know it won't happen. I always order my vehicle - I never buy a car off the lot (not that you can these days anyway) - I like the idea of knowing my car was built to my specs and the excitement of knowing when it arrives
@wthrman2
I dug up this photo from Summer 2007 when my Special Ordered 2008 IS 350 Sport Package arrived…
Thought you might appreciate it..!!

I drove it home exactly as pictured and gave it first bucket wash of my own hands + new materials..

The car was tagged when it came off the truck, No wash, No plastic/paper removal, No drilling from bumper bracket.

The looks on the FWY driving home were epic.. But unwrapping it on my own was even better.!!

This 2008 model was the first to receive the Liquid Graphite Silver finished similar to options available back on the 2001 IS 300 and what we see today on F wheels.. now a tad bit more darker..
but not as bright as the silver found on the enekeis

Joe Z
wthrman2 (11-21-21)
Old 11-21-21, 12:47 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by macmaster
At this point I have no idea what is true and not true. I can only guess. The dealership says everybody is watching it for me so the ***** are in their court. I should go into hibernation for a few months haha.
I hear ya - I am so frustrated by all this information, but nothing "official" per se. I wish Lexus would release more formal communication through their dealers, at least so they communicate credible information to people that have been patiently waiting, loyal to the brand and want to purchase. I understand they can't speculate on when the cars will be built but would it be that hard for the regional rep to say to the dealer, customers WILL/WILL NOT be able to do customized orders vs arbitrarily built/assigned cars to dealers. That is all I am trying to know for sure....I am 1st on the list and IF they can build one for my personal preference, that changes things all together for me. I am 99.99999999% sure my dealer will get more than the single LE model, so I know they'll get a regular one but can I specify what I want or will I get whatever lands at the dealer's lot. I don't mind waiting a few months, it's not that I am in a rush, it's just that I am trying to get a 2022 that is going to be as close as to what I want. There are certain exterior colors I do NOT want, and the same for the interior, so while White on White is my #1 preference, what I like with the LE is the exterior color, the two tone interior and the fact it will be exclusive.

The idea of hibernating really appeals to me, especially with 3-4 months of snow about to arrive here - The other option is to crash at Carolina's place or TipsyTonio - I am worried that Tipsy's GF will get too excited when I walk around the place in my mankini....(LOL)

Originally Posted by Joe Z
@wthrman2

The car was tagged when it came off the truck, No wash, No plastic/paper removal, No drilling from bumper bracket.

Joe Z
Wow, I thought I was OCD by telling my dealer to not have the car PDI'd when the roads are wet and how picky I am (lol)
Joe Z (11-21-21)

Quick Reply: The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance