IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-21, 03:28 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,685 Likes on 1,783 Posts

Macmaster...you are getting the car that Answer wants!! You lucky guy, I would even take a red interior at this point...why is no one calling me
Old 11-23-21, 03:30 PM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Received 3,958 Likes on 1,825 Posts

Originally Posted by macmaster
Just got the call of a lifetime. My dealership has 2 coming, a LE and a premium white w/ red interior. Unfortunately all incoming models to that dealership are going to come with the $1800 ceramic coat. I don't know if this is negotiable, I forgot to ask.

These aren't my top choices though. I want USB so while I'm #1 in line to visit the car, they may not let me drive it to test it out. He said he'd have to get approval to find out if I can drive it for a mile or so around the block.

Edit: Dealer says the ceramic and security system I cannot opt out of
I posted about the security system a month or so ago. I thought it was just my dealer doing something funky. Hmmm…so is this a thing across the board or just regional?
Old 11-23-21, 03:32 PM
Answer
Instructor

Received 831 Likes on 404 Posts

Originally Posted by wthrman2
Macmaster...you are getting the car that Answer wants!! You lucky guy, I would even take a red interior at this point...why is no one calling me
.... Running into US to kick macmaster's butt and steal his Ultra White 500!! 😂😂
The following 4 users liked this post by Answer:
Compromise (11-23-21), DLPTony (11-23-21), flighthalo (11-23-21), wthrman2 (11-23-21)
Old 11-23-21, 03:35 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,954 Likes on 1,046 Posts

Originally Posted by Answer
.... Running into US to kick macmaster's butt and steal his Ultra White 500!! 😂😂
Ultra white is lame. white reminds me of fleet cars. It barely has any pearlesence.

edit: my point is you're not missing out on anything.

Last edited by macmaster; 11-23-21 at 03:47 PM.
Old 11-23-21, 03:53 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

^^ Oh, I thought you were getting an UW!!? What color are you getting - Too many people to keep track off here, all I know is Carolina and his GW and Answer with his UW because him and I are on the same page - Must be the French in us (lol) - Although we disagree on interior color,,,,
Old 11-23-21, 04:02 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Ultra white is lame. white reminds me of fleet cars. It barely has any pearlesence.

edit: my point is you're not missing out on anything.
Note to self - macmaster will never appreciate my chicken legs in January finding them lame, reminding him of fleet cars and having no pearlessence - crushed (lol)
Old 11-23-21, 04:09 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

^^ Oh, I thought you were getting an UW!!? What color are you getting - Too many people to keep track off here, all I know is Carolina and his GW and Answer with his UW because him and I are on the same page - Must be the French in us (lol) - Although we disagree on interior color,,,,
I'm getting Ultrasonic blue.
The following 3 users liked this post by macmaster:
Compromise (11-23-21), DLPTony (11-23-21), wthrman2 (11-23-21)
Old 11-23-21, 04:14 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

USB with a white interior would be a color combo I would consider....
Old 11-23-21, 04:18 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

USB with a white interior would be a color combo I would consider....
I thought about that too, but white leather to me reminds me of Tesla, especially if it's not real leather. And Tesla feels/looks cheapppppp. I apologize for being salty this aternoon. I'm really pissed about the $1800 ceramic. Even Lexus Escondido quoted me only $1395. Unfortunately I'm #15 there.
Old 11-23-21, 04:41 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

I thought about that too, but white leather to me reminds me of Tesla, especially if it's not real leather. And Tesla feels/looks cheapppppp. I apologize for being salty this aternoon.
I know what you are saying about the white Tesla interior - That being said, I feel that Lexus' 2 tone (white and black) look amazing but I am biased I recognized. No need to apologize, trust me, we are all adults here and I am the 1st to recognize we all have opinions and preference and that is the beauty of being here and expressing them. I have never felt personally attacked by anyone here (yourself included) so its all good I am equally frustrated by the fact that I am still waiting for my call...Seeing everyone sharing their great news is bumming out a bit but I am happy for all you, I truly am. I know I have a LE with my name on it and it is quite possible that when I see it in person, I will be madly in love with it. I saw a Taco 2 days ago in Cement color and it was amazing....Then I see an Elantra in the color and was like blahhhh.....So I trying to keep an open mind about the incognito color and black wheel combo. That being said, after owning a white toy for 22 years in a row, that says something about my passion for a white car and everyone I speak about the LE, they are like, dude, wait!! You are a white car guy, don't settle so they are confusing me a bit and that has left me frustrated/irritable too. My wife handed me her box of protection as she thought I was in that time (lol) - She has a great sense of humor and she keeps me smiling despite my anxiety moment about missing out....
The following 5 users liked this post by wthrman2:
Answer (11-23-21), Compromise (11-23-21), DLPTony (11-23-21), flighthalo (11-23-21), Shoeboy4 (11-23-21)
Old 11-23-21, 05:20 PM
flighthalo
Rookie

Received 148 Likes on 43 Posts

I know what you are saying about the white Tesla interior - That being said, I feel that Lexus' 2 tone (white and black) look amazing but I am biased I recognized. No need to apologize, trust me, we are all adults here and I am the 1st to recognize we all have opinions and preference and that is the beauty of being here and expressing them. I have never felt personally attacked by anyone here (yourself included) so its all good I am equally frustrated by the fact that I am still waiting for my call...Seeing everyone sharing their great news is bumming out a bit but I am happy for all you, I truly am. I know I have a LE with my name on it and it is quite possible that when I see it in person, I will be madly in love with it. I saw a Taco 2 days ago in Cement color and it was amazing....Then I see an Elantra in the color and was like blahhhh.....So I trying to keep an open mind about the incognito color and black wheel combo. That being said, after owning a white toy for 22 years in a row, that says something about my passion for a white car and everyone I speak about the LE, they are like, dude, wait!! You are a white car guy, don't settle so they are confusing me a bit and that has left me frustrated/irritable too. My wife handed me her box of protection as she thought I was in that time (lol) - She has a great sense of humor and she keeps me smiling despite my anxiety moment about missing out....
I was not sure about the color either...it has grown on me, I think there is a lot of difference in shade depending on the lighting (which I like)....what's funny is that everyone I have shown the color to has liked it (almost more than me!)....hopefully this LE looks amazing in person, I do think the interior is going to be really nice and have a different feel to it.

It sucks to be in that awkward position where you want to call the Sales Manger or start looking at other dealerships. I'm sure that deal is going to get worked out real soon, things have been starting to move pretty quick so hopefully that call is coming before Friday.
The following users liked this post:
wthrman2 (11-23-21)
Old 11-23-21, 05:30 PM
Carolina50
Intermediate

Received 615 Likes on 309 Posts

I'm going on vacation Friday and I want good news to go with me!!!!
The following 3 users liked this post by Carolina50:
DLPTony (11-23-21), flighthalo (11-23-21), wthrman2 (11-23-21)
Old 11-23-21, 05:46 PM
Compromise
Intermediate

Received 415 Likes on 176 Posts

OMG. My dealer called me today at work after I inquired about the allocation of IS500s to dealers. He said he'd call me after he gets "training class" done, so I'm assuming for the 2022 models. He put my name in the system to have a LE allocated for me! It'll arrive in Long Beach 11/21, estimated arrival to the dealer 12/3!!! He also said he doesn't do mark ups so I'll be paying MSRP - $1000 (military promotion)! Super psyched! Here's a sneak peak of my car... looks like I'll be getting illuminated door/trunk sills, door-edge films, and all-weather liners/trunk tray. Definitely don't mind these over any stupid mark-up!

The following 6 users liked this post by Compromise:
FH212 (11-24-21), flighthalo (11-23-21), Kanpai (11-24-21), Shoeboy4 (11-23-21), Vitveet (11-23-21), wthrman2 (11-23-21) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 11-23-21, 05:53 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

flighthalo: I feel the same - I have seen some Audi products with the Nardo grey color and loved them as with the Toyota Cement grey - I just find the videos on the LE doesn't always show the best footage or lighting so that may have something to do with it, plus things in pics and videos are never the same as what we see in real life. I often feel like a 4 headed monster for questioning whether I like the color as most (like you said) seem to like it - Truth be told, my hesitation isn't as much about the color as the wheels...I just have such an uneasy feeling about the BBS wheels. I wish Lexus would have done a wheel like Audi does with a combo of black and light finish to at least a design emerge from the wheel compared to all black or if all black, use a pattern a little sexier like the RS3 - heck even the pattern of the Sonata wheel I like with a combo of black and chrome finish. Again, it is all a matter of opinion so I will have to decide for myself but seeing it in person will be the true test. As I said to some of you before, I associate black wheels with cheap after market stuff young kids put on their souped-up Honda civics or in Canada, we all drive around with black steel wheels from Nov-Apr so all black gives me that blahhh look about it....

For the record, I am dealing with the Sales manager and he is amazing at keeping informed as soon as info becomes available but this doesn't evolve daily - but I will be honest, never once did I feel the need to call someone else or another dealer, I trust them unconditionally and have gone above and beyond for me with every vehicle I have purchased. I just need to be patient...and hopeful

BTW, that 2022 Audi RS-3 is some looker!!

The following users liked this post:
flighthalo (11-23-21)
Old 11-23-21, 05:56 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

compromise - Congrats!! Another LE to the family So happy to see other dealers not charging a market adjustment!! To think some wanted to go as high as 25k for the LE (lol)....I am super happy for you. It will be fun to compare numbers when they are in....the LE plaque that is
The following 2 users liked this post by wthrman2:
Compromise (11-23-21), flighthalo (11-23-21)

Quick Reply: The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance