IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-21 | 01:35 PM
Shoeboy4
Intermediate

I have a premium that is expected at the port around today. got info last Tuesday have to reach out and see if it actually reached the port today in a bit

Last edited by Shoeboy4; 11-27-21 at 01:40 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by Shoeboy4:
DLPTony (11-27-21), flighthalo (11-27-21), Joe Z (11-27-21), yok3dIS (11-28-21)
Old 11-27-21 | 01:35 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Joe...I have seen a few people post their non LE but you are right, I would say that so far, it's been like 98 percent of people with LE.

Carolina...nahh, just yanking your chain

Shoeboy - I can't even begin to tell you what I would give to be in your shoes - You have the car I want and I hope Lexus Canada will come through for me. I am putting my hopes in my dealer and his reps to come through but when you struggle with anxiety, this is the type of thing that really flares it up for me because it is something I have no control over, and trying to make sure I don't lose out

Last edited by wthrman2; 11-27-21 at 02:06 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by wthrman2:
Carolina50 (11-27-21), flighthalo (11-27-21), Shoeboy4 (11-27-21)
Old 11-27-21 | 02:10 PM
Kanpai
Instructor

So turns out, I got allocated an LE today. However, it was from a dealership that previously stated that it was adding markups. I didn't want an LE anyways, so this came as a bit of a surprise to have the allocation without a deposit.
The following 3 users liked this post by Kanpai:
Carolina50 (11-27-21), DLPTony (11-27-21), wthrman2 (11-27-21)
Old 11-27-21 | 02:51 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

^^ So I am a little confused, a dealer that was adding a markup on a LE, called you and is offering you the LE? I thought you also wrote you didn't want an LE...

So my questions are:

1. Are you getting the LE?
2. Are you getting it from the dealer who said they were going to put a market adjustment?
3. Are they still applying the market adjustments?
Old 11-27-21 | 03:17 PM
Kanpai
Instructor

Originally Posted by wthrman2
^^ So I am a little confused, a dealer that was adding a markup on a LE, called you and is offering you the LE? I thought you also wrote you didn't want an LE...

So my questions are:

1. Are you getting the LE?
2. Are you getting it from the dealer who said they were going to put a market adjustment?
3. Are they still applying the market adjustments?
1. Unless it's a Serial Number that has meaning to me, I'm 99% not.
2. No, I'm not. The salesman sent the email to me claiming "the only IS500 they'll be getting in the near future."
3. They are definitely adding adjustments, but they don't know how much yet. I told him I'm not interested in the LE and to let me know if anything on the price changes.

I'm in the same boat as you, I don't want the car during winter, I want it in spring. I can easily wait it out
Old 11-27-21 | 03:34 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

^^ Thanks for the clarifications I do have some concerns about availability of the IS500 and I am really hoping the recent news about the chip situation will gradually improve the availability of these cars. I can't remember who (my apologies to the poster) but about a month or so ago, someone posted that Lexus would focus on the LE at first and that sometime in January, the production of the F Sport Performance would gradually ramp up which makes total sense to me, and sort of confirms what we have seen so far, which is a majority of the IS500 has been the LE with the odd non-LE being confirmed.

Like you said, I want the car to arrive later this spring so I am not in a rush but waiting for the call that says that I'll get it is truly testing my nerves. I am just over-analyzing everything and trying to make I get one - I know I am no more special than anyone but I do hope that being the 1st on the list since Feb 2021 will mean that it will increase my chances of getting one. I know they are getting one LE, but I just can't imagine they won't be give he opportunity to have a non-LE either. So my brain and logic says that I just need to be patient and let things fall into place but the other part of me is still worried.

EDITS: What is really odd for me is why I am so in love with this car?!?! To be honest, I know I really want one but I was just talking with g/f and she was asking me " like what does the 500 will make it so much better than your 350" and it is a difficult question to answer. "Answer" (forum member) and were talking earlier and we both agree that neither one of us truly need this car as our 350 is perfectly fine. As you guys know, I really love the white interior....My current 350 has it, my 350 has the refreshed look, I prefer the wheels of my 350, I do 95% of my driving around town so a V6 is more than adequate for what I do, my 350 is over 20K cheaper and currently leased at 0% with a very low monthly payment with a relatively cheap buyout I could just pay cash at the end of my lease and keep my 350. The 350 has also a shorter overhang/snot giving a really nice stance, I have already have the stiffer LCA bushings installed on it and on top of everything, I don' have to worry about a possible 'silver' transmission cooler (lol). As you can see, when you apply logic, my 350 is a perfect car for me and there is no reason I need the 500 other than just the passion it triggers. BUT I still want one really bad but I will wait until I can get one but if I can't, then I guess it will just not meant to be

Question to all Canadian members - As you know, we once had teh ability to order the IS350 RWD back in 2015/2016 but then they stopped. Do you guys think that Lexus Canada would decide not to bring the IS500 for the MY2023? I doubt they would bring it for 2022 and then decide to not offer it right?!? If they don't cancel it, then I know that if I can't get a 2022, I would have a 2023....for sure the chip and limited availability would be resolved by then.

Sorry for the long post...that is what happens when the snow is on the ground and can't do anything except being online (lol)

Last edited by wthrman2; 11-27-21 at 04:15 PM.
The following users liked this post:
flighthalo (11-27-21)
Old 11-27-21 | 04:12 PM
Carolina50
Intermediate

^^ Thanks for the clarifications I do have some concerns about availability of the IS500 and I am really hoping the recent news about the chip situation will gradually improve the availability of these cars. I can't remember who (my apologies to the poster) but about a month or so ago, someone posted that Lexus would focus on the LE at first and that sometime in January, the production of the F Sport Performance would gradually ramp up which makes total sense to me, and sort of confirms what we have seen so far, which is a majority of the IS500 has been the LE with the odd non-LE being confirmed.

Like you said, I want the car to arrive later this spring so I am not in a rush but waiting for the call that says that I'll get it is truly testing my nerves. I am just over-analyzing everything and trying to make I get one - I know I am no more special than anyone but I do hope that being the 1st on the list since Feb 2021 will mean that it will increase my chances of getting one. I know they are getting one LE, but I just can't imagine they won't be give he opportunity to have a non-LE either. So my brain and logic says that I just need to be patient and let things fall into place but the other part of me is still worried.

EDITS: What is really for me is why I am so in love with this car?!?! To be honest, I know I really want one but I was just talking with g/f and she was asking me " like what does the 500 will make it so much better than your 350" and it is a difficult question to answer. Answer and were talking earlier and we both agree that neither one of us truly need this car as our 350 is perfectly fine. As you guys know, I really love the white interior....My current 350 has it, my 350 has the refreshed look, I prefer the wheels of my 350, I do 95% of my driving around town so a V6 is more than adequate for what I do, my 350 is over 20K cheaper and currently leased at 0% with a very low monthly payment with a relatively cheap buyout I could just pay cash at the end of my lease and keep my 350. The 350 has also a shorter overhang/snot giving a really nice stance, I have already have the stiffer LCA bushings installed on it and on top of everything, I don' have to worry about a black transmission cooler (lol). As you can see, when you apply logic, my 350 is a perfect car for me and there is no reason I need the 500 other than just the passion it triggers. So I still want one really bad but I will wait until I can get one but if I can't, then I guess it will just not meant to be

Question to all Canadian members - As you know, we once had teh ability to order the IS350 RWD back in 2015/2016 but then they stopped. Do you guys think that Lexus Canada would decide not to bring the IS500 for the MY2023? I doubt they would bring it for 2022 and then decide to not offer it right?!? If they don't cancel it, then I know that if I can't get a 2022, I would have a 2023....for sure the chip and limited availability would be resolved by then.

Sorry for the long post...that is what happens when the snow is on the ground and can't do anything except being online (lol)
Good points but, stop trying to talk yourself out of buying the IS500!
The following 2 users liked this post by Carolina50:
Shoeboy4 (11-27-21), wthrman2 (11-27-21)
Old 11-27-21 | 04:19 PM
Answer
Instructor

The 300/350 being available in AWD does make no sense to have the RWD version up here, but the 500 is only available in RWD, so I don't think they would axe the model completely. They still offer the RC F and the LC so I don't think they would stop it because RWD.
Old 11-27-21 | 04:24 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Carolina50
Good points but, stop trying to talk yourself out of buying the IS500!
(LMAO) - It is called a coping mechanism to prevent me from going insane!

Originally Posted by Answer
The 300/350 being available in AWD does make no sense to have the RWD version up here, but the 500 is only available in RWD, so I don't think they would axe the model completely. They still offer the RC F and the LC so I don't think they would stop it because RWD.
I agree - The fact they made it available for 2022 would make no sense to take it away for 2023 but logic/common sense doesn't apply in the auto industry
flighthalo (11-27-21)
Old 11-27-21 | 04:33 PM
dk12
Driver

Originally Posted by Kanpai
So turns out, I got allocated an LE today. However, it was from a dealership that previously stated that it was adding markups. I didn't want an LE anyways, so this came as a bit of a surprise to have the allocation without a deposit.
Same here, was it Haldeman or Bridgewater ? Because they both contacted me today as well even though I don’t have an LE deposit claiming “I’m their number one choice, and first person to find out”.
Old 11-27-21 | 04:33 PM
flighthalo
Rookie

I'm lucky to only have to go into work 2 times a week and it's only 14 miles each way.....my wife had a Jeep Renegade that I hated so I traded it in last week and bought a used 2018 BMW X2 from my Lexus Rep (temp car, 2 years then a used NX)....I'm mot a BMW person at all but it drives a zillion times better (she didn't like it at first but now she does), I really got it so that if there is snow or crap weather I can drive it and leave good old IS 500 at home. I'm hoping that in 10 years I only have 50k or less miles on my IS 500 LE. For me its like the purchase of my lifetime, I likely will keep the car for a very long time...it's going to be a totally different experience as an owner as I intend to keep it in "show" condition year round...

I'm in Portland where that vessel with IS 500s on Dec 1st is coming to on the West Coast.....there are lots of ports here and I have no idea where anything is unloaded but on my bike ride last summer I joked with my wife that "someday my car will be right there" and upon further research sure as heck that is the Toyota Dock/Terminal 4 that the car is going to. I almost want to go check on the boat 12/01 lol......even with the port being there I was still told 12/16-12/20 but that's less than 3 weeks, holy schnikes less than 3 weeks!!!

Today is the first day I don't think I watched an IS 500 video. Tick tock.
wthrman2 (11-27-21)
Old 11-27-21 | 04:35 PM
Kanpai
Instructor

Originally Posted by dk12
Same here, was it Haldeman or Bridgewater ? Because they both contacted me today as well even though I don’t have an LE deposit claiming “I’m their number one choice, and first person to find out”.
This was Bridgewater, who I already knew I wasn't going with. Guess they're just blasting the car out to get a bite
Old 11-27-21 | 04:38 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

flight halo - That is a very good strategy to have a daily driver and limit the wear and exposure of your IS500....that is what I have been doing to my cars and it is amazing to see them 2 years into my ownership and seeing the suspension, calipers, rotors, engine bay, underbody all like the day it rolled out of the assembly plant. I can't tell you how many times people's jaw drop when they see my pristine cars and them I have like 6000 miles on it and is 2 years old (lol)

Last edited by wthrman2; 11-27-21 at 04:44 PM.
flighthalo (11-27-21)
Old 11-27-21 | 05:12 PM
ET94
Driver School Candidate

My dealer just told me they are getting an LE, and it's the only IS500 they will be getting. And there's only 1 Lexus dealership in the province. Hmmmmmm
Old 11-27-21 | 05:18 PM
Answer
Instructor

Originally Posted by ET94
My dealer just told me they are getting an LE, and it's the only IS500 they will be getting. And there's only 1 Lexus dealership in the province. Hmmmmmm
Where you at?

Quick Reply: The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance