IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-21, 08:21 AM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,731 Likes on 1,900 Posts

I am getting morbidly curious of the price on the IS 500. I'd take the cheapest one available on a lease, no problem. Just have to get rid of the VW, I suppose. Or not?

Seriously, this is a really appealing proposition. I think it'd be cheaper to own compared with an RC F due to tires and brakes being of the non-track-focused variety.
Old 04-08-21, 03:20 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by arentz07
I am getting morbidly curious of the price on the IS 500. I'd take the cheapest one available on a lease, no problem. Just have to get rid of the VW, I suppose. Or not?

Seriously, this is a really appealing proposition. I think it'd be cheaper to own compared with an RC F due to tires and brakes being of the non-track-focused variety.
I have a feeling LFS will set the residual value and money factor at a good rate. They did it with the 2021 IS 350 F SPORT.
Old 04-09-21, 03:12 PM
AWilson013
Rookie

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Squischer
Don't shoot the messenger: I have a deposit down for the IS 500. The dealer just told me "From what I understand, the IS 500 will be mid to hi $60k".
Please tell me that Lexus wouldn't make such a mistake......
How did you go about do the deposit? I tried calling my local dealer about a month ago and they weren't taking deposits. Called again when the launch edition was announced (love the color, but I don't know if I like the interior) and was again told they weren't taking deposits.

The dealership is a "Lexus Plus" dealer... I wonder if that has something to do with it?
The following users liked this post:
LexyLover (04-09-21)
Old 04-09-21, 04:35 PM
Squischer
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I called the dealer and asked them if they had any allocations for the IS 500. They had 2. The LE was spoken for. I asked to have the second allocation and they asked for a (refundable) deposit.
The following 2 users liked this post by Squischer:
Compromise (04-09-21), flipside909 (04-12-21)
Old 04-09-21, 04:37 PM
Compromise
Intermediate

Received 415 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by AWilson013
How did you go about do the deposit? I tried calling my local dealer about a month ago and they weren't taking deposits. Called again when the launch edition was announced (love the color, but I don't know if I like the interior) and was again told they weren't taking deposits.

The dealership is a "Lexus Plus" dealer... I wonder if that has something to do with it?
I'm interested as well! I asked a couple dealers around me and none has any info. One of the dealerships said to "check back in 3 months."
Old 04-09-21, 04:40 PM
Squischer
Driver School Candidate

I would ask them to start a "wait list" for the car and offer to place a deposit. I don't have an in with the dealer either as this would be my first Lexus - coming from driving M cars for 20+ years.
Old 04-09-21, 04:50 PM
Compromise
Intermediate

Received 415 Likes on 176 Posts

Actually just made a couple of calls, and was told "September" is when one of the dealers will get an IS500. I will get more information about the LE (if they call me back). Funny how I got a lot more info when I called in versus when I walked in.
LexyLover (04-10-21)
Old 04-09-21, 05:35 PM
AWilson013
Rookie

I called the dealer and asked them if they had any allocations for the IS 500. They had 2. The LE was spoken for. I asked to have the second allocation and they asked for a (refundable) deposit.
Thank you. I'll try again in the morning. They're one of the biggest dealers, so I am sure they've been allocated a few...
Old 04-09-21, 09:52 PM
Kandyman1
Driver

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts

Is there an official Lexus policy on deposit refunds? Can you get your full refund back without a hassle if you end up deciding you don’t want the car? I am a little uneasy with putting a deposit for anything sight unseen (and even without full details at this time).

Btw, has there been any indication from Lexus that the regular IS500 (not the LE) will be a low production vehicle, or is this just enthusiast excitement/hype?
Shoeboy4 (04-09-21)
Old 04-10-21, 02:23 AM
Squischer
Driver School Candidate

I do not know if it's official Lexus policy or not but I do have it in writing that the deposit is fully refundable - which it should be. As you said, we do not have enough details to make a final decision.......
Old 04-10-21, 11:55 PM
AWilson013
Rookie

I do not know if it's official Lexus policy or not but I do have it in writing that the deposit is fully refundable - which it should be. As you said, we do not have enough details to make a final decision.......
I called again today and was told the same story- no deposits. Told them of your experience, and they asked around. Was able to go in today and put in my deposit, along with the paperwork stating it's fully refundable.

Can't wait. Really wanted the launch edition but I just can't do the two-tone upholstery.
Old 04-11-21, 09:26 AM
Squischer
Driver School Candidate

Glad you were able to bring them into the 21st Century. As for the LE, my **** and hands really like leather!!!!!!
Old 04-11-21, 07:16 PM
yok3dIS
Intermediate

Received 209 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by AWilson013
I called again today and was told the same story- no deposits. Told them of your experience, and they asked around. Was able to go in today and put in my deposit, along with the paperwork stating it's fully refundable.

Can't wait. Really wanted the launch edition but I just can't do the two-tone upholstery.
Here's what I was told by my contact: The deposit can apply towards the vehicle. I am sure we would return it if you decided to not get one. Since we don’t know anything about them...price, color combo or anything....we do not even have a relative time frame. They aren't showing up in our build list yet. The deposit will guarantee that as of today, you will be the fourth person to be offered what we have or can get. With a deposit you are guaranteed to be one of the first to see it in person.

Keep you guys posted.
Old 04-11-21, 11:45 PM
sw2oboi
Lead Lap

Received 74 Likes on 38 Posts

they have a waitlist, nothing more. That’s why the deposits are refundable.
Old 04-11-21, 11:54 PM
sw2oboi
Lead Lap

Received 74 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by yok3dIS
Here's what I was told by my contact: The deposit can apply towards the vehicle. I am sure we would return it if you decided to not get one. Since we don’t know anything about them...price, color combo or anything....we do not even have a relative time frame. They aren't showing up in our build list yet. The deposit will guarantee that as of today, you will be the fourth person to be offered what we have or can get. With a deposit you are guaranteed to be one of the first to see it in person.

Keep you guys posted.
This is accurate, your “contact” will be able to see something is about 60 days out or so.
yok3dIS (04-12-21)

Quick Reply: The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance