IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-21, 06:01 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Received 2,278 Likes on 1,048 Posts

Lexus of Cerritos has a 25k markup on their LE lol
The following users liked this post:
Brandonfu (12-22-21)
Old 12-22-21, 06:18 PM
flighthalo
Rookie

Received 148 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Compromise
Just found out my dealership is getting a LE today, but it's not for me even though I made the deposit first a long time ago. Apparently my car was held up so this one was able to come in first. They are unable to switch to me, so I still need to wait. Frustrating..
I feel your pain...my car has been 8 miles from me for 21 days.....Lexus tells me that they just don't know when it will show, could be tomorrow, could be a week....they say that the port doesn't update in a timely manor and sometimes the cars show up before they are put in the system as "grounded" (or something like that)....then, in wonderful Portland we have snow coming on the 26th for like 10 straight days....no way I'm driving the LE in the gravel over the highest peak in Portland, in the snow and ice 20 miles back to Vancouver WA......so at this point who the knows....family coming over Christmas Eve, no car to show and stuck at home for 10 days.......Someday I assume I will have a new IS 500 Launch.....

Hang in there!
The following 2 users liked this post by flighthalo:
Carolina50 (12-22-21), Compromise (12-22-21)
Old 12-22-21, 06:19 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,692 Likes on 1,785 Posts

Just found out my dealership is getting a LE today, but it's not for me even though I made the deposit first a long time ago. Apparently my car was held up so this one was able to come in first. They are unable to switch to me, so I still need to wait. Frustrating..
That is insane and I would be furious if I was in your shoes....
The following 6 users liked this post by wthrman2:
Carolina50 (12-22-21), Compromise (12-22-21), DLPTony (12-22-21), flighthalo (12-22-21), iceache925 (12-22-21), Shoeboy4 (12-22-21) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 12-22-21, 06:36 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by LO 21
Is there a way to find what dealership a specific number is going to?
No. The distribution of cars and numbers are random except for a select few that were pre-reserved. TMC & TMNA is pretty tight lipped about how they distribute cars and where they go and how. Proprietary ways of doing their business.
wthrman2 (12-22-21)
Old 12-22-21, 06:43 PM
Compromise
Intermediate

Received 415 Likes on 176 Posts

Haha yea. Definitely irked. Just found out that the port did not install Illuminated Trunk Sill as mentioned before.. at least I'm still getting the illuminated door sills. I didn't know the port can just, not install an option??
Also, my sales guy took a screenshot and accidentally showed me how much the dealership was charged for the car..
The following 2 users liked this post by Compromise:
Carolina50 (12-22-21), Joe Z (12-22-21)
Old 12-22-21, 06:44 PM
flighthalo
Rookie

Haha yea. Definitely irked. Just found out that the port did not install Illuminated Trunk Sill as mentioned before.. at least I'm still getting the illuminated door sills. I didn't know the port can just, not install an option??
Also, my sales guy took a screenshot and accidentally showed me how much the dealership was charged for the car..
Me neither!!! They didn't install it due to time....and yet no car......frustrating.
Old 12-22-21, 06:47 PM
Compromise
Intermediate

Originally Posted by flighthalo
Me neither!!! They didn't install it due to time....and yet no car......frustrating.
What option did you not get? Was it the sills as well?
I don't know how mine did not have enough time when it sat in port for almost a month and was delayed..
Old 12-22-21, 06:49 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

It is your right to ask and see the Dealership Invoice vs MSRP…

Joe Z
The following 2 users liked this post by Joe Z:
Vitveet (12-22-21), wthrman2 (12-23-21)
Old 12-22-21, 06:52 PM
Compromise
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Joe Z

Joe Z
I did not know that!!
Old 12-22-21, 06:55 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by Joe Z

Joe Z
Dealerships don't have to disclose that number. It's up to them if they do or not.
Vitveet (12-22-21)
Old 12-22-21, 06:58 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

All businesses need a margin to generate profit. Port installed options can be changed right when a vehicle is allocated. If a port installed option doesn't make, sometimes the dealership will add that same part as a dealer installed option if available.
The following 2 users liked this post by flipside909:
Compromise (12-22-21), Vitveet (12-22-21)
Old 12-22-21, 06:59 PM
flighthalo
Rookie

What option did you not get? Was it the sills as well?
I don't know how mine did not have enough time when it sat in port for almost a month and was delayed..
The Unlaminated Door Sills....they were supposed to do them but they told me that they didn't have it done to reduce the wait....I'm not sure if they can do them at the dealership right away....they also said have a week wait on 3M.........my car was started on the 20th again, for all I know its on a trailer as apparently they aren't doing anything else to it....who the heck knows........tick tock.
Compromise (12-22-21)
Old 12-22-21, 07:09 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts

I did not know that!!

It’s not a secret at all… I have never bought a new car without seeing the dealer invoice first..

Also most ALL are already broken down & online.. Just need to look it up.

For example: 2021 IS models “estimate”

Joe Z

Old 12-22-21, 08:08 PM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 254 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by 95bat
I don't know about you, but I've had to work pretty hard for my money and $5,000 is not "nothing" to me. It is a lot of money! I will definitely decide to keep the $5,000 I had to work to keep a dealership from tacking on crazy market adjustments just because they can.

Agreed 1000%!! When I got the call I thought my car was coming sooner, but it looks like I will be waiting a couple months. I am perfectly happy waiting because I'm getting the car at MSRP and have always been treated fairly.
I totally get it. I'm not saying to complain you're getting it at MSRP, lol. I was offered a LE at MSRP from my local dealership here in NC and I wanted it, but was hrs too late as someone bought it before I could respond back to the email. Also, the 2023 Lambo I put a deposit down was, luckily, at MSRP. Lucky to even get an allocation these days (wait time is 8-14 months after order over in that world).
And $5k over 60 months (which is probably the average financing terms these days) is right at $80 a month.....if $80 a month will make or break you, buying a new, $70k car probably isn't the best of ideas.
And think of all the sacrifices that Lexus has gone thru with employees, production lines, hiring, chip shortages, getting these cars delivered before the end of the year, etc etc etc, same on the dealership level....all this cost. A few thousand extra could take the dealerships a long way, believe it or not.
And trust me, the "market adjustments" will go away for the 2023 Lexus (and other manufacturers) vehicles and the "market adjustments" will be built into the MSRP. So again, we who get these cars at the original MSRP that was announced MANY months ago before chip shortages, etc, consider yourself lucky!!

V.
The following 3 users liked this post by Vitveet:
Brandonfu (12-22-21), flipside909 (12-22-21), wthrman2 (12-23-21)
Old 12-22-21, 08:33 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by Vitveet
I totally get it. I'm not saying to complain you're getting it at MSRP, lol. I was offered a LE at MSRP from my local dealership here in NC and I wanted it, but was hrs too late as someone bought it before I could respond back to the email. Also, the 2023 Lambo I put a deposit down was, luckily, at MSRP. Lucky to even get an allocation these days (wait time is 8-14 months after order over in that world).
And $5k over 60 months (which is probably the average financing terms these days) is right at $80 a month.....if $80 a month will make or break you, buying a new, $70k car probably isn't the best of ideas.
And think of all the sacrifices that Lexus has gone thru with employees, production lines, hiring, chip shortages, getting these cars delivered before the end of the year, etc etc etc, same on the dealership level....all this cost. A few thousand extra could take the dealerships a long way, believe it or not.
And trust me, the "market adjustments" will go away for the 2023 Lexus (and other manufacturers) vehicles and the "market adjustments" will be built into the MSRP. So again, we who get these cars at the original MSRP that was announced MANY months ago before chip shortages, etc, consider yourself lucky!!

V.
Bingo. Gone are the days of buying cars at invoice or below and the manufacturers have taken notice.
The following 2 users liked this post by flipside909:
Brandonfu (12-22-21), Vitveet (12-23-21)

Quick Reply: The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance