IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-21 | 02:47 PM
cremaster
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by flipside909
Calling the GM is probably the worst way to approach this...if anything that will just lessen your chances of getting on that list because a lot of people are doing the same thing.

Build your relationship with the salesperson you're buying the car from and go from there. Loyalty goes a long way.
maybe you're right. the GM that I met face to face at my local dealer yesterday where I placed my deposit said, 'oh, I didn't respond to your email bc my sales staff knows more about this than me!" however, my thinking is the GM is the one that will authorize and maintain any sort of wait list, esp if they are collecting deposits. and most of the sales associates I spoke to have said, "oh, let me talk to my GM and I'll call you back with more info" when I inquired. the one dealership that my wife and I purchased 3 vehicles from won't call me back! so much for loyalty!
Old 05-06-21 | 04:05 PM
enkrypt3d
Intermediate

Originally Posted by GaryJG
I'd pay up to $80,000. USD is becoming worthless anyways...
so the inflation rate for USD is 1.25% which is trending DOWN from the last few years. wtf is it with ppl saying that the $ is inflated? just keep this garbage to yourself. thanks.
Old 05-06-21 | 07:49 PM
dingyibvs
Pit Crew

1) Don't bother with Cali. A lot of ppl made bank in the stock market, they couldn't care less about an extra $30k for a new toy. Look out of state, Texas, Florida, Iowa, wherever and pay the extra $1-2k for shipping, you'll save a lot of money that way.

2) The dollar hasn't fallen against other currencies, but it's fallen against pretty much everything else. Unless you need to use cash soon, don't keep much cash of any currency.
Old 05-06-21 | 11:23 PM
GaryJG
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by enkrypt3d
so the inflation rate for USD is 1.25% which is trending DOWN from the last few years. wtf is it with ppl saying that the $ is inflated? just keep this garbage to yourself. thanks.
you will soon find out....

The US economy today is in far worse shape than it was in the year 2000. The imbalances are much bigger, the debts are much bigger. This is going to be a much bigger dollar decline than we had from 2000 to 2008. The next crisis is going to be a US dollar crisis and a sovereign debt crisis.

This past week the Federal Reserve told us that QE will not end, despite the stronger economic data. Clearly, the Fed is concerned that ending QE will send a signal that the first interest rate hike is nearer than expected. And the Fed wants us to believe that rates won't rise until 2024. Hence, the Fed will make a major policy error, encouraging the asset price bubble to continue to levels that ensure great investor pain when markets recognize inflation and/or some exogenous event hits markets.

One fallout from this misguided Fed policy of letting inflation get out of control before reacting is the impact on the U.S. dollar. We all know the quality of currencies in high inflation countries, and it's never pretty (buenos dias, Argentina). Recall that the gold standard ended in the 1974, and the only thing backing fiat currencies is the belief by the public in the credibility of the central bank that issues the notes. And it does not take a degree in economics or finance to understand that a country whose central bank just prints money out of thin air is, in effect, just debasing its currency for ephemeral short-term gains.

Last edited by GaryJG; 05-06-21 at 11:36 PM.
Old 05-07-21 | 03:56 AM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Originally Posted by cremaster
i have not been on clublexus in years but i've been excited with the reveal of the IS 500, so decided to log in and join the fray. i had to sell my previous IS F due to needing more room for car seats for my two kids so had to get a small CUV. ended up custom ordering a 2018 Macan S and have had it a few years now. even with the light performance mods i've done, i've missed my old V8. the turbo lag on the Macan is awful. the piggyback tune helps a little but nothing compares to an NA motor.

with the IS 500, i think i may jump ship bc my kids soon won't need car seats and my wife still has the RX. i was seriously considering a used 991.2 in about 4 years but just can't justify the premium they fetch. i still really want to see what the new IS F will bring, whether it'll be a TTV8 or TTV6, price, looks, etc. but the IS 500 is a serious contender for me, maybe pick one up that's slightly used and not take the initial depreciation hit. i'm already thinking i'll do a custom inconel exhaust to reduce some weight and amp up the noise.
Same...I haven't been on in quite a few years myself. I was reminded of the page via the IS Freaks FB group, popped over, and saw this glorious thread! It's nice to see so many folks, other than me, jazzed for the 500. I just hope I can get it spec'ed to my specifications, not interested in being the first to own if I'm not completely happy with it.
Old 05-07-21 | 04:17 AM
DLPTony
Pole Position

That is a little early to tell if you can do a custom order or not. They will put your preference in to the area office (most likely Lexus Eastern Area) and see if they will take the order. If the IS 500 has only two available builds lets say for example, base with no Nav and fully loaded with Nav & ML, you will probably have to wait longer for a special order. It typically takes 90-120 days to get an order in, plus a few more weeks of shipping. With the current state of supply chain issues and the major back up at the ports due to short staff of long shoremen/customs agents, it may take longer.

It's always good to have a plan B & C.
My personal preference for the 500 is the USB w/red interior (keeping with what I have), ML, and a mid-60s price tag. The NAV is not desired, but if I can get my color choice, I'll gladly eat the additional cost of the NAV. You said take it easy for the next few months and I'm listening, but dealership shenanigans give me heartburn. :-D
Old 05-07-21 | 07:36 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by DLPTony
My personal preference for the 500 is the USB w/red interior (keeping with what I have), ML, and a mid-60s price tag. The NAV is not desired, but if I can get my color choice, I'll gladly eat the additional cost of the NAV. You said take it easy for the next few months and I'm listening, but dealership shenanigans give me heartburn. :-D
You will want the NAV for two reasons. It's a 10.3" diagonal touch screen and Apple Car Play and Android Auto look better on it.
The following users liked this post:
DLPTony (05-07-21)
Old 05-07-21 | 09:42 AM
cremaster
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DLPTony
Same...I haven't been on in quite a few years myself. I was reminded of the page via the IS Freaks FB group, popped over, and saw this glorious thread! It's nice to see so many folks, other than me, jazzed for the 500. I just hope I can get it spec'ed to my specifications, not interested in being the first to own if I'm not completely happy with it.
I would love to custom order mine and would wait 4-6 months for it if possible but not sure with the limited production if this will be an option. my perfect build would be black w/ red interior, sunroof delete, no nav and w/ the LE BBS wheels. my only other thing is I want to sell my current car before the factory warranty expires. there are some common, very expensive issues w/ the Macan that I'm not willing to gamble owing w/o a warranty and there's no way I'm paying for any extended warranty. I think the Porsche one is $7k for 3 yrs or something absurd like that. third party warranties exist but they either don't cover much or are just as pricey. that means I need to punt my car around this time next year.
DLPTony (05-08-21)
Old 05-07-21 | 10:46 AM
JBison73
Lead Lap

Old 05-07-21 | 11:42 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by JBison73
Aside from the clickbait title, what does this have to do with the IS 500 F SPORT Performance?
Old 05-07-21 | 01:31 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Aside from the clickbait title, what does this have to do with the IS 500 F SPORT Performance?
I stopped watching his clickbait videos.
Old 05-07-21 | 02:25 PM
Nvicta
Pit Crew

I sold my rattle box of a 2015 GS 350 in anticipation of the IS Fivehundo. The GS was bound to need a water pump, front suspension TLC, tires and another year's registration. Got good money for her though. Now I'm stuck driving my Toyota truck until the end of summer or beyond. Like everyone else, I'm hoping for a mid to low $60K tag or its just not going to taste good enough. I'll abandon ship and figure out what other sedan is next. The local dealer took my deposit in February
flipside909 (05-07-21)
Old 05-07-21 | 02:27 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by Nvicta
I sold my rattle box of a 2015 GS 350 in anticipation of the IS Fivehundo. The GS was bound to need a water pump, front suspension TLC, tires and another year's registration. Got good money for her though. Now I'm stuck driving my Toyota truck until the end of summer or beyond. Like everyone else, I'm hoping for a mid to low $60K tag or its just not going to taste good enough. I'll abandon ship and figure out what other sedan is next. The local dealer took my deposit in February
Congrats! What color combination and options did you preference?
Old 05-07-21 | 02:39 PM
Nvicta
Pit Crew

Congrats! What color combination and options did you preference?
Thanks! I have high hopes. I requested white with black. I too am not a moon roof guy but everything else sounds nice. Have a hankering for darker wheels that are easy to clean.
flipside909 (05-08-21)
Old 05-07-21 | 08:41 PM
Compromise
Intermediate

What's everyone who's interested in the IS500 also cross-shopping with? There really isn't anything that is 400+ HP in this price-range, but the main competition I'm assuming is: BMW M340i, Audi S4, MB C43 AMG, Acura TLX Type-S, and Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing. If the IS500 is just too overpriced (dealer markup) or too hard to get, what's the next go to? I'm personally looking at the TLX Type-S.

Last edited by Compromise; 05-07-21 at 10:31 PM.

Quick Reply: The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance