IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-22, 06:54 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Received 2,275 Likes on 1,046 Posts

Originally Posted by giS
thanks man. If anyone has a lead would love to send them my way.
If I hear anything I will be sure to pass it along. My suggestion to you would be to even contact the ones with a markup and tell them your story and what you’re willing to pay. Maybe one of them will budge?

If you’re up to it, I’d love to get your take on the safety of the car. Do you feel like the car held up well for what the accident was? Did the pre-collision system do anything at all?
The following users liked this post:
giS (01-06-22)
Old 01-06-22, 06:57 PM
giS
Intermediate

Received 670 Likes on 274 Posts

Originally Posted by wthrman2
gIS - OMG, I am so sorry to hear about your accident but relieved you are both well which is the most important thing!! I never dreamed that it would have been of "us" here on the forum - My stomach just fell when I heard it was you I hope you can find a replacement - I can't understand how people can go through these intersections, so many distractions with drivers today

Be well and I hope you will both make full recovery - I truly hope you will be posting pics of your new IS 500 LE again soon!!!

EDIT _ I hope other forum members will all pitch in to try and find you a replacement without market adjustments - Maybe your dealer can help you make something happen too
thanks brother. It was surreal. I didn’t even get an hour of enjoyment. Thank goodness I have great insurance, because of course the at fault driver did not.

we’re super sore. My wife is worse than me, she has internal injuries and her foot got really messed up.

hoping for a new one to park in the garage soon. 🙌
Old 01-06-22, 06:58 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Originally Posted by TipsyTonio
If I hear anything I will be sure to pass it along. My suggestion to you would be to even contact the ones with a markup and tell them your story and what you’re willing to pay. Maybe one of them will budge?

If you’re up to it, I’d love to get your take on the safety of the car. Do you feel like the car held up well for what the accident was? Did the pre-collision system do anything at all?
Also, given that many people are trying to resell LE’s over MSRP, do you think it’s possible that your insurance will pay over sticker on the car, making it justifiable to pay a markup on a replacement?
Old 01-06-22, 06:58 PM
giS
Intermediate

I’ll respond simply with this; I believe had we been in almost any other car, we wouldn’t have survived and our kids would be orphans.
The following 3 users liked this post by giS:
Compromise (01-06-22), natnut (01-08-22), Vitveet (01-07-22)
Old 01-06-22, 07:00 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Originally Posted by giS
I’ll respond simply with this; I believe had we been in almost any other car, we wouldn’t have survived and our kids would be orphans.
Jesus. I’m so sorry to hear this but I’m glad to hear that you were in that car and both of you are able to still be with your kids. If you guys need anything, I’m sure we as a CL Family can try and help you out, so please let us know
The following 3 users liked this post by TipsyTonio:
Carolina50 (01-06-22), giS (01-06-22), wthrman2 (01-06-22)
Old 01-06-22, 07:07 PM
Yaroze86
Pit Crew

Received 236 Likes on 122 Posts

Here is my list for dealer quotas. Maybe of some use to you. No VINs included.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...t?usp=drivesdk

Originally Posted by giS
Carolina50 (01-06-22)
Old 01-06-22, 07:07 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,685 Likes on 1,783 Posts

Originally Posted by giS
thanks brother. It was surreal. I didn’t even get an hour of enjoyment. Thank goodness I have great insurance, because of course the at fault driver did not. we’re super sore. My wife is worse than me, she has internal injuries and her foot got really messed up. hoping for a new one to park in the garage soon. 🙌
That is so upsetting for me to read, you know we work hard we all have car dreams and on top of not being able to properly drive, they could have killed someone and then have no insurance!! I won't go into a rant about scum people like this because they are not even worth it. I had a similar experience happen to me back in 2001 so that is why it brought me so much painful memories and anger!

I hope your wife fully recovers and that you can both have a better start to 2022 than how 2021 ended! I am in Canada so I can't do much to help you find a LE but as TipsyTonio said, if there is ANYTHING we can do as a forum community, please let us know (even through a PM). I do hope some dealer will show some compassion and will let greed aside and help you out....
The following 2 users liked this post by wthrman2:
giS (01-06-22), V8ISGreat (01-06-22)
Old 01-06-22, 07:11 PM
giS
Intermediate

That is so upsetting for me to read, you know we work hard we all have car dreams and on top of not being able to properly drive, they could have killed someone and then have no insurance!! I won't go into a rant about scum people like this because they are not even worth it. I had a similar experience happen to me back in 2001 so that is why it brought me so much painful memories and anger!

I hope your wife fully recovers and that you can both have a better start to 2022 than how 2021 ended! I am in Canada so I can't do much to help you find a LE but as TipsyTonio said, if there is ANYTHING we can do as a forum community, please let us know (even through a PM). I do hope some dealer will show some compassion and will let greed aside and help you out....
Appreciate you all more than y’all realize.. I jumped on to say something bc I saw some posts that automatically assumed the driver was driving recklessly. Like sharks in bloody water lol.
The following 2 users liked this post by giS:
V8ISGreat (01-06-22), wthrman2 (01-06-22)
Old 01-06-22, 07:13 PM
giS
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Yaroze86
Here is my list for dealer quotas. Maybe of some use to you. No VINs included.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...t?usp=drivesdk
appreciate that.
Old 01-06-22, 07:18 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Originally Posted by giS
Appreciate you all more than y’all realize.. I jumped on to say something bc I saw some posts that automatically assumed the driver was driving recklessly. Like sharks in bloody water lol.
I’m going to own up to it because I was one of those people, and I sincerely apologize for having assumed such a thing. You know what they say about when you assume….
The following 6 users liked this post by TipsyTonio:
Compromise (01-06-22), drawg22 (01-06-22), giS (01-06-22), lobuxracer (01-06-22), natnut (01-08-22), wthrman2 (01-06-22) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-06-22, 07:20 PM
giS
Intermediate

I’m going to own up to it because I was one of those people, and I sincerely apologize for having assumed such a thing. You know what they say about when you assume….
Thanks for being a stand up dude. It’s not how we start but how we finish. All good. 👊
The following 3 users liked this post by giS:
lobuxracer (01-06-22), V8ISGreat (01-06-22), wthrman2 (01-06-22)
Old 01-06-22, 07:21 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,685 Likes on 1,783 Posts

^^ I have to confess my initial reaction (not something I posted) was wondering if this was maybe a situation where someone underestimated the power this car and lost control....You know I use a lot of humor on here because I like to make people laugh in light of so much negativity in the world, especially lately with COVID so humor is my escape mechanism but despite all my joking, I truly care for all the forum members (and some of their GFs) because to be honest, it is great to be surrounded by so many people that share a similar passion for one thing, Lexus and especially this 500!!

But I did post that I was hoping it was not one of the forum members so my heart sank when I read it was you Especially given the circumstances....I mean so new and this! I think you have seen may post a few times, "Life is short so let's enjoy it which is why I am getting this car" - This is a classic example of how precious life is and how rapidly it can be taken away from us....and so innocently!
The following 3 users liked this post by wthrman2:
FH212 (01-07-22), giS (01-06-22), V8ISGreat (01-06-22)
Old 01-06-22, 07:31 PM
jororo
Intermediate

Received 730 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by giS
Had a slow work day and spent a couple hours searching most of the USA Lexus dealerships inventory for non-LE IS 500s (https://www.lexus.com/dealers). Found a handful but there are still a TON of LEs still out there. The vast majority were being offered at MSRP. I just kept going to further & further away states in the drop down menu and opening each dealership's website in a new tab. I've always been a fan of flying in and road tripping a new car back for the best deal, and after your recent experience bet a long weekend trip wouldn't be the worst thing. Makes break-in miles easy too.
Best of luck on the search and while truly sorry this happened to your new car, glad that you and your wife were in a safe new car when it did happen.
The following 4 users liked this post by jororo:
Carolina50 (01-06-22), giS (01-06-22), Vitveet (01-07-22), wthrman2 (01-06-22)
Old 01-06-22, 07:32 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

^^ I have to confess my initial reaction (not something I posted) was wondering if this was maybe a situation where someone underestimated the power this car and lost control....You know I use a lot of humor on here because I like to make people laugh in light of so much negativity in the world, especially lately with COVID so humor is my escape mechanism but despite all my joking, I truly care for all the forum members (and some of their GFs) because to be honest, it is great to be surrounded by so many people that share a similar passion for one thing, Lexus and especially this 500!!

But I did post that I was hoping it was not one of the forum members so my heart sank when I read it was you Especially given the circumstances....I mean so new and this! I think you have seen may post a few times, "Life is short so let's enjoy it which is why I am getting this car" - This is a classic example of how precious life is and how rapidly it can be taken away from us....and so innocently!
Jesus, I’m going to have to make my girlfriend an account on here so you two can talk. You’ll Max out the inbox limits in no time lol
wthrman2 (01-06-22)
Old 01-06-22, 07:36 PM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Received 3,958 Likes on 1,825 Posts

Originally Posted by giS
if you all would like to know about the lady who ran the intersection and hit myself and my wife while we went out to celebrate the purchase of my dream car, with 28 miles on it. Just ask. It’s been a really tough time for us. We’re out of the hospital now. I’m trying to find a replacement but it seems everyone now wants adjusted markets and I’m not willing to after all that what we’ve been thru to get fleeced.
I am so very sorry this happened, but thank God you guys are okay. You can get another car, but not another one of you or your wife. #StayStrong
The following 2 users liked this post by DLPTony:
giS (01-06-22), wthrman2 (01-06-22)

Quick Reply: The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance