IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-22, 08:20 PM
drawg22
Driver

Received 98 Likes on 46 Posts

Love the white interior. Kind of wish the LE would have come with the white interior. If I wasn't getting an LE, I would have gotten the Cloudburst Gray with white interior.
The following 2 users liked this post by drawg22:
LeXnFlexTN (01-09-22), wthrman2 (01-10-22)
Old 01-09-22, 08:21 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Received 2,275 Likes on 1,046 Posts

Originally Posted by Compromise
Huh just took the dip stick out to check oil level and had a very hard time putting it back in.. anyone else experience this?
Yeah, I had to force it back in there. Go ahead @wthrman2, I did it to myself lmfao
Originally Posted by wthrman2
My dealer knows how picky I am and while I cant control what happens until it gets to the dealer, at least I have reported the abuse at the train yard in hope we can reduce the number of people touching mine. I have full confidence in my dealer and the master technician doing the pdi on mine.

We should should just shame dealers that abuse customec's cars or the individuals that do. Do they want us to treat their inventory that way?! Like seriously people, have some decency for things you dont own...sheesh!
Yeah my dealer knew how crazy I am, so I they didn't even let the tech drive the car as part of the PDI. As a result, the parking sensors hadn't been fully initialized, and the lights were flashing for the first couple seconds of the test drive. All normal though. What was not normal was my alignment, and a test drive done by the tech would've caught that. My front and rear, passenger side toe was off, and by a very very good amount. Good enough for my steering wheel to be off center slightly to the right. I would definitely suggest everyone check the position of their steering wheels and see if the car pulls. Even new cars can come with crappy alignment,
The following 3 users liked this post by TipsyTonio:
Carolina50 (01-09-22), DLPTony (01-10-22), LeXnFlexTN (01-09-22)
Old 01-10-22, 03:57 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,685 Likes on 1,783 Posts

Originally Posted by drawg22
Love the white interior. Kind of wish the LE would have come with the white interior. If I wasn't getting an LE, I would have gotten the Cloudburst Gray with white interior.
I agree, the white interior is amazing!! Cloudburst grey with a white interior would have been a combo (as with USB and white) I would have jumped on if the dealer would have presented me such an option - I was left with a white on red...

Originally Posted by TipsyTonio
Yeah, I had to force it back in there. Go ahead @wthrman2, I did it to myself lmfao

....What was not normal was my alignment, and a test drive done by the tech would've caught that. My front and rear, passenger side toe was off, and by a very very good amount. Good enough for my steering wheel to be off center slightly to the right. I would definitely suggest everyone check the position of their steering wheels and see if the car pulls. Even new cars can come with crappy alignment,
Thanks buddy - you saved me a post by having you write it for me but I am starting to think I have a reputation here (lol) - As for the alignment, I have had 2 Lexus products that needed an alignment right out of the gate, my 2017 IS and my 2019 RC....My guess is that the alignment may get messed when they ship the vehicles. In order for them to not move in transit, they really need to hunker these cars down (or even on the truck when they move them to the dealer) so my guess is that this could be the culprit and as you said, a PDI should catch that but in my case, it was really on my home on a somewhat lengthy drive that I would feel a slight tilt in the steering column but I would just get the alignment done at a local Toyota dealer and the Lexus dealer would reimburse me. But yeah, now, I ask the dealer to make sure they check the alignment on the machine before it even leaves the dealer and my 2021 was perfect
The following 3 users liked this post by wthrman2:
Carolina50 (01-10-22), DLPTony (01-10-22), TipsyTonio (01-10-22)
Old 01-10-22, 04:46 AM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Received 3,958 Likes on 1,825 Posts

Originally Posted by LeXnFlexTN
For people asking for more pics. Here's one more from the dealership the night of pickup and some more of her wet outside today in some bad natural light. Also some interior shots as well! Don't mind my messy garage. It's been project after project in there and is due for a good cleanup. Will be scheduling Tint, PPF and ceramic coat this week!!
Thanks for posting! If something happens and I’m unable to get mine in red, the white will be my next choice.
The following 3 users liked this post by DLPTony:
LeXnFlexTN (01-10-22), TipsyTonio (01-10-22), wthrman2 (01-10-22)
Old 01-10-22, 05:19 AM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Received 2,275 Likes on 1,046 Posts

I agree, the white interior is amazing!! Cloudburst grey with a white interior would have been a combo (as with USB and white) I would have jumped on if the dealer would have presented me such an option - I was left with a white on red...

Thanks buddy - you saved me a post by having you write it for me but I am starting to think I have a reputation here (lol) - As for the alignment, I have had 2 Lexus products that needed an alignment right out of the gate, my 2017 IS and my 2019 RC....My guess is that the alignment may get messed when they ship the vehicles. In order for them to not move in transit, they really need to hunker these cars down (or even on the truck when they move them to the dealer) so my guess is that this could be the culprit and as you said, a PDI should catch that but in my case, it was really on my home on a somewhat lengthy drive that I would feel a slight tilt in the steering column but I would just get the alignment done at a local Toyota dealer and the Lexus dealer would reimburse me. But yeah, now, I ask the dealer to make sure they check the alignment on the machine before it even leaves the dealer and my 2021 was perfect
Oh great, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one with the same problem then. My dad was adamant that it was impossible for a Japanese built Toyota product to have crappy alignment from the factory, until he drove it lol. He noticed it too so we took it in and had them fix it. Other than that, no issue on my car at all.
The following 2 users liked this post by TipsyTonio:
Carolina50 (01-10-22), wthrman2 (01-10-22)
Old 01-10-22, 07:56 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,962 Likes on 2,400 Posts

Originally Posted by jororo
What about the inner tire wear issue on non-F IS models? Even I remember having to change the front tires way too often on my '06 IS 350 long before this solution was known. The money and time savings would be motivation enough to spend $120 and upgrade the IS 500 soft rubber bushings to the firmer GS-F/RC-F bushings. From many accounts people are getting the typical 30-40k miles on their front tires post-upgrade versus 12k miles pre-upgrade.
My first set of front tires on my '06 IS350 lasted 30k miles. Some people had serious issues because the subframe wasn't centered and they had a combination of bad L/R balance for both caster and camber, and they had poor alignment from the factory. Mine didn't have these issues, but no doubt some did. My IS F burned through fronts in about 20k miles with the OE bushings and zero toe, and runs about 30k miles with aftermarket bushings and a small amount of toe out.

Our GS F has gone over 30k miles (we are at 91k miles) and is now on its second set of PSS A/S3+ after changing the OE PSS 4s about half way through their life. This car doesn't have the same wear issues my IS F did, but also doesn't have the same bushings my IS F did. From all indications, the RC F and GS F have their own LCA bushings. The bushings are pretty cheap, but installing them and getting alignment after adds significant expense. You can avoid all this by running a little toe-in and accepting the turn-in won't be ideal, but you'll hardly notice this on the street.
The following users liked this post:
Joe Z (01-11-22)
Old 01-10-22, 08:56 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by LeXnFlexTN
For people asking for more pics. Here's one more from the dealership the night of pickup and some more of her wet outside today in some bad natural light. Also some interior shots as well! Don't mind my messy garage. It's been project after project in there and is due for a good cleanup. Will be scheduling Tint, PPF and ceramic coat this week!!

UR family V8 powered vehicles in your driveway. Looks great, congratulations!
The following 2 users liked this post by flipside909:
iceache925 (01-11-22), LeXnFlexTN (01-10-22)
Old 01-10-22, 09:28 AM
ExLexOwner
Rookie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Real quick segue back to brakes....You don't want large brakes. Large brakes = lots and lots of dust. My M2C brakes are covered in brake dust after 2 days.
Old 01-10-22, 09:37 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

^^ and with the Enkei wheels, this would be a real pain for OCD guys like myself!!! That is one thing I love about my IS 350 wheels, the finish here in Canada is amazing (painted rather than polish) and the wheel pattern allows enough gap for me to run my hand through the spokes and clean the inner wheel easily. I won't have such luck with the Enkei wheels so I will just put the car on the hydraulic lift and clean the inner wheel from under the car (easy access)
Old 01-10-22, 09:41 AM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,731 Likes on 1,900 Posts

Originally Posted by ExLexOwner
Real quick segue back to brakes....You don't want large brakes. Large brakes = lots and lots of dust. My M2C brakes are covered in brake dust after 2 days.
Yeah, we already have 4-piston front and 2-piston rear calipers with high-friction pads. We are going to have some dust - more than an average car. I have a 350 RWD F Sport, and my wife's 330i still has more brake dust even though it has single-piston calipers - but the rotors are larger in front and rear. Though the Lexus isn't exactly dust-free, it definitely has less dust than the BMW or either of the VW GTI and GLI I used to own.
Old 01-10-22, 09:56 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,962 Likes on 2,400 Posts

Brake dust is a function of pad material. You can make large brakes with minimal dust if you're OK with soft initial bite. Most people who spec large brakes expect the owners to accept dust as part of the performance package, but it doesn't have to be that way.
The following 5 users liked this post by lobuxracer:
arentz07 (01-10-22), Kanpai (01-10-22), natnut (01-11-22), Vitveet (01-15-22), wthrman2 (01-10-22)
Old 01-10-22, 10:04 AM
ExLexOwner
Rookie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

^^ and with the Enkei wheels, this would be a real pain for OCD guys like myself!!! That is one thing I love about my IS 350 wheels, the finish here in Canada is amazing (painted rather than polish) and the wheel pattern allows enough gap for me to run my hand through the spokes and clean the inner wheel easily. I won't have such luck with the Enkei wheels so I will just put the car on the hydraulic lift and clean the inner wheel from under the car (easy access)
I took a road trip up to Redwood National Forest back in August. It was 1,500 miles (give or take). Here is what my wheels looked like after the trip. And these wheels are an absolute B*TCH to clean!

The following users liked this post:
arentz07 (01-10-22)
Old 01-10-22, 10:09 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

^^^ OMG!!!! That is HORRIBLE!!! I would NEVER want to own a car that emitted so much brake dust......

Last edited by wthrman2; 01-10-22 at 10:16 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by wthrman2:
DLPTony (01-10-22), Haku415 (01-10-22), natnut (01-11-22)
Old 01-10-22, 11:07 AM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Received 3,958 Likes on 1,825 Posts

Originally Posted by ExLexOwner
I took a road trip up to Redwood National Forest back in August. It was 1,500 miles (give or take). Here is what my wheels looked like after the trip. And these wheels are an absolute B*TCH to clean!
::shudder:: Bless it!!

That’s. Just. Heinous.

I stress over the brake dust on mine too, the Enkeis are gonna kill me.
Old 01-10-22, 11:26 AM
Carolina50
Intermediate

Received 615 Likes on 309 Posts

Originally Posted by DLPTony
::shudder:: Bless it!!

That’s. Just. Heinous.

I stress over the brake dust on mine too, the Enkeis are gonna kill me.
I got a new wheel brush to clean them. But.......No IS 500
The following 3 users liked this post by Carolina50:
DLPTony (01-10-22), TipsyTonio (01-10-22), wthrman2 (01-10-22)

Quick Reply: The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance