IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-22 | 05:17 PM
95bat
Racer

Originally Posted by DLPTony
::heehee:: This sounds like me. I bought supplies in anticipation too, but I’m not aware of the wheel coating!
I got the Gtechniq wheel armor. I've never used Gtechniq products before so we'll see how it goes. I have used Adam's and Car Pro ceramic coatings, going to try Gtechniq now.
The following users liked this post:
DLPTony (01-10-22)
Old 01-10-22 | 05:23 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

jororo - OMG, congrats!! You are getting a white with red interior, the first one I have seen from a forum owner so this is exciting, although I feel bad for Answer Guys, we all need to put our collective effort to find a Canadian version that is white with red interior for him!!

DLPTony - If my neighbors complain that I am washing my car without my Daisy Duke, I am redirecting them to your post 5267 suggest that lack of clothing may help avoid scratching of my car (lol) - The things I do for my Lexus is unreal (lol)
The following 2 users liked this post by wthrman2:
DLPTony (01-11-22), jororo (01-10-22)
Old 01-10-22 | 06:11 PM
Answer
Instructor

Originally Posted by wthrman2
jororo - OMG, congrats!! You are getting a white with red interior, the first one I have seen from a forum owner so this is exciting, although I feel bad for Answer Guys, we all need to put our collective effort to find a Canadian version that is white with red interior for him!!
White with whatever interior, Infrared, even Iridium or an LE would be considered! lol! I'm keeping faith that at least one will eventually be available before 2023!! Worst case it'll be a 2023, but when I got something in my head, it ain't elsewhere and I'm not the patient style of guy when it comes to new cars!! lol!
The following 2 users liked this post by Answer:
Carolina50 (01-10-22), wthrman2 (01-11-22)
Old 01-10-22 | 06:55 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Originally Posted by Yaroze86
Did this all show up once it was in port or did it have to start the PDI process at port first? I figured once it was off the boat it would start to show, but mine has not yet in NJ.
Originally Posted by macmaster
I need some help (nothing serious). Can you guys instruct me on how you're tracking your cars on the app(?) before taking ownership? I recall people mentioning being able to monitor how much gas it has, how many times it's been started, etc etc.

I downloaded the Lexus Enform Remote app and have yet to register but can't imagine exactly how this works if you're not the owner. Seeing the car tonight.

edit: I can see I can add my vehicle on the app by entering the VIN. Can I add the VIN but delete it later if I don't take the car?
So this was my experience with the app for me. My ship arrived on the 19th of December. I added it to the app then but I had no option of enabling any trials. Under vehicle capabilities, it didn’t even list any enform services. On the 21st, trials showed up for my vehicle and the vehicle capabilities was updated to reflect that. However, even after activating it, the app wasn’t showing me gas or mileage. One trick I found was to go to the vehicle history report and scroll all the way to the bottom and it has the latest mileage there. Then on the 23rd, which was the day that it was scheduled to be processed, I gained the option of seeing mileage on the Home Screen as well as gas. At that time I did not see tire pressures though. Then on the 30th, the day that my car was loaded on the truck, I gained the ability to see the tire pressure. Then on the 31st once I actually got the car, I followed the steps of pressing the SOS button in order to get a 6 digit code for the remote function, but instead the nice guy on the phone remotely activated it without a need for a 6 digit code.
Carolina50 (01-10-22)
Old 01-10-22 | 07:00 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

Passed on tonight’s atomic silver. Didn’t let me test drive. They still wouldn’t negotiate removing the $6000 add-on for ceramic, 3M, security system, and windshield protection. They tried to scare me saying there are only 4 ultrasonic blue (my top choice) in a 1000 mile radius coming in the next 3 months and that their chance of getting a blue one this year is less than 0.1%. I said I’m fine with waiting. Then they tried to throw in free window tinting and extra 2 years of free maintenance, but still wouldn’t remove the add-ons. I said no. Then they said they’d let me take it for a small test drive. I still said no, and we left.
The following 6 users liked this post by macmaster:
95bat (01-10-22), Compromise (01-10-22), DLPTony (01-11-22), natnut (01-11-22), V8ISGreat (01-10-22), wthrman2 (01-11-22) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-10-22 | 07:04 PM
Compromise
Intermediate

Passed on tonight’s atomic silver. Didn’t let me test drive. They still wouldn’t negotiate removing the $6000 add-on for ceramic, 3M, security system, and windshield protection. They tried to scare me saying there are only 4 ultrasonic blue (my top choice) in a 1000 mile radius coming in the next 3 months and that their chance of getting a blue one this year is less than 0.1%. I said I’m fine with waiting. Then they tried to throw in free window tinting and extra 2 years of free maintenance, but still wouldn’t remove the add-ons. I said no. Then they said they’d let me take it for a small test drive. I still said no, and we left.
Should've taken the test drive first! :P
I actually refused the test drive from my dealer as well because I already 100% knew I wanted the car, regardless.
macmaster (01-10-22)
Old 01-10-22 | 08:01 PM
V8ISGreat
Rookie

Passed on tonight’s atomic silver. Didn’t let me test drive. They still wouldn’t negotiate removing the $6000 add-on for ceramic, 3M, security system, and windshield protection.
Good for you. These addons are a bunch of BS I would never put on a car anyway
macmaster (01-10-22)
Old 01-10-22 | 08:58 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

Please tell me I did the right thing lol. Walked away, that is. I just did not feel like spending $75000 USD tonight after tax on a color I’m not wild about and add ons I feel are a rip off. Don’t get me wrong, atomic silver is what I’d call beautiful. But USB is special. Plus, them describing how rare USB is just makes me want it more. And now what do I do when blue actually comes in and they’re still non-negotiable on the add-ons? Ugh this whole experience is just an anticlimactic let down. I feel like this is going to end in me asking for my deposit back.

Last edited by macmaster; 01-10-22 at 09:02 PM.
DLPTony (01-11-22)
Old 01-10-22 | 09:29 PM
Nvicta
Pit Crew

You def did the right thing. If you must spring for extras, like you’re thinking, make sure it’s on a car that’s exactly what you want. Otherwise it translates to double regret.
The following 3 users liked this post by Nvicta:
macmaster (01-10-22), natnut (01-11-22), wthrman2 (01-11-22)
Old 01-10-22 | 09:31 PM
Compromise
Intermediate

Please tell me I did the right thing lol. Walked away, that is. I just did not feel like spending $75000 USD tonight after tax on a color I’m not wild about and add ons I feel are a rip off. Don’t get me wrong, atomic silver is what I’d call beautiful. But USB is special. Plus, them describing how rare USB is just makes me want it more. And now what do I do when blue actually comes in and they’re still non-negotiable on the add-ons? Ugh this whole experience is just an anticlimactic let down. I feel like this is going to end in me asking for my deposit back.
100% did the right thing. Plus it wasn't even your #1 choice.
The following 2 users liked this post by Compromise:
macmaster (01-10-22), wthrman2 (01-11-22)
Old 01-11-22 | 01:12 AM
Haku415
Driver School Candidate

Does the dealer drive the "X" amount of miles before you take ownership of the car? I just took a look at the "vehicle health report" of the car I'm waiting for and saw 5 miles already on the car.
Old 01-11-22 | 03:28 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

You did the right thing by walking away, to be honest the way that they treated you was a huge turn off and a dealer doesn't respect me as a customer, no need for them to earn my business. What I find ironic is they wouldn't let a serious customer try the vehicle but they will lose loser amateur videographers take it for a test drive and push it to the limit right out of the lot, or they'll let their promotional team rev the engine to the rev limiter....It just shows how the level of integrity/intelligence some dealers have - Again, I don't want to generalize because there are exceptional people in the industry but sadly, the idiots ruin it for the others. As far as the limited availability of the blue, I am not 100% sure he wasn't right on that one. My dealer was telling me that these will be extremely limited for the 1st year - They committed to build the 500 LE and some of the non-LE but custom ordering will be very slight if any. In light of even more pressures being put on the work force with omicron, I am not sure if the tight allocation will change in the near future. It is possible that the situation will be different in the US but in Canada, they need to focus the allocation on higher selling models (SUVs) and even the the 300/350 because inventory of these are pretty much non-existent. That being said, it could be totally different in a couple of month but regardless, if blue if your preferred color, you shouldn't compromise and waiting a few extra month to get exactly what you want is the best approach IMO.....and I would order from another dealer just to stick it to them out of principle.

Originally Posted by Haku415
Does the dealer drive the "X" amount of miles before you take ownership of the car? I just took a look at the "vehicle health report" of the car I'm waiting for and saw 5 miles already on the car.
You have to understand that these vehicles are often tested before leaving the assembly plant in Japan, they are loaded on boats, then off loaded, then they have to move around in parking yards and then loaded on trucks so having some mileage is necessary. If you had 30 miles, then that is where I would get suspicious....anything under 10 miles is nothing to be concerned about. Now that is not to say that some abuse can't happen in less than 10 miles as we have seen what happens to some cars in rail yards or even in dealership's parking lot....
macmaster (01-11-22)
Old 01-11-22 | 04:56 AM
Kanpai
Instructor

You did the right thing. The rarity is also BS. The dealer near me took my exact order (USB Premium with black interior) and said we'll see you in spring when it arrives.

As far as the upcharge, that's really ultimately up to you and how much you value the car. If it's a refundable deposit, there's no reason to stick with that dealer when there are plenty around.

The following 3 users liked this post by Kanpai:
macmaster (01-11-22), V8ISGreat (01-11-22), wthrman2 (01-11-22)
Old 01-11-22 | 05:18 AM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Originally Posted by Haku415
It really varies. As @wthrman2 said, under 10 or even 15 could be seen as normal. I have no idea how, but somehow I got my car in my hands with only 2 miles on it. I was truly shocked. But to answer your question, those miles will likely be put on at the factory/port.
wthrman2 (01-11-22)
Old 01-11-22 | 05:30 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Kanpai
You did the right thing. The rarity is also BS. The dealer near me took my exact order (USB Premium with black interior) and said we'll see you in spring when it arrives.

As far as the upcharge, that's really ultimately up to you and how much you value the car. If it's a refundable deposit, there's no reason to stick with that dealer when there are plenty around.
I really hope you are right about the custom ordering ability because I know my dealer had taken my custom order but it was then rejected but I know things will eventually change. When mine arrives, I will ask again on custom ordering but to be honest, I have almost accepted the red interior now as I see more pics....

Last edited by wthrman2; 01-11-22 at 05:39 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by wthrman2:
IssaV8 (01-11-22), V8ISGreat (01-11-22)

Quick Reply: The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance