IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-22, 07:04 PM
brunnesa
Driver School Candidate

Received 99 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by TipsyTonio

Jesus what ceramic did you get? I'm getting Llumar Formula One Pinnacle from a computer cut installer for $309. And it's not like its a no name shop. They've been around for years and have hundreds of 5 star reviews.
It is Xpel prime XR plus. I had the windshield and sunroof done in addition to the sides and back.
Old 01-12-22, 07:15 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Received 2,275 Likes on 1,046 Posts

Originally Posted by Carolina50
@wthrman2 I saw this white IS 350 with a wrapped roof. Thought you'd like.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CYIH5..._web_copy_link
Don’t support that clown. He has some sort of deal with Keyes Lexus where he is constantly promoting them, and Keyes deserves no promotion since they markup even your most basic IS300 by $5000
The following users liked this post:
wthrman2 (01-13-22)
Old 01-12-22, 07:16 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,954 Likes on 1,046 Posts

Quick question. Does the dealership you buy from matter? I'm planning to purchase out-of-state and one thing I just started worrying about is getting serviced at the local dealership. In a situation where something isn't working properly and not under warranty, I can't imagine a local dealership you didn't buy from to be kind to you and just look at it and fix it for free. Whereas the selling dealership is more inclined to stand behind the product they sold. Anyone have experience with this?
Old 01-12-22, 07:28 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Originally Posted by brunnesa
It is Xpel prime XR plus. I had the windshield and sunroof done in addition to the sides and back.
Ah that makes sense then. Do you know how much your sunroof was? I'm considering doing it, but I've heard some people talk about exploding sunroofs. Plus, I always have the sunshade closed when I'm not in the car.
Old 01-12-22, 07:32 PM
Answer
Instructor

Received 831 Likes on 404 Posts

Originally Posted by TGPCanada
Yup, close in age, same phase of life, similar experiences, Cdn. upbringing, Cdn weather and our discontent with clueless SUV awd lovers. But we don't agree on everything - you want white exterior, me not so much.
I kinda like the Infrared - you not so much. LOL.
Almost triplets! lol! With wthrman2 being the old one and me being the young one! (41, not that young!) lol!
Kinda love the red one the more I think about it. I'm still young enough in my head to get a red car!
Old 01-12-22, 07:32 PM
brunnesa
Driver School Candidate

Received 99 Likes on 33 Posts

Ah that makes sense then. Do you know how much your sunroof was? I'm considering doing it, but I've heard some people talk about exploding sunroofs. Plus, I always have the sunshade closed when I'm not in the car.
I think the sunroof was $80 without sales tax
Old 01-12-22, 07:33 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Originally Posted by macmaster
Quick question. Does the dealership you buy from matter? I'm planning to purchase out-of-state and one thing I just started worrying about is getting serviced at the local dealership. In a situation where something isn't working properly and not under warranty, I can't imagine a local dealership you didn't buy from to be kind to you and just look at it and fix it for free. Whereas the selling dealership is more inclined to stand behind the product they sold. Anyone have experience with this?
Not at all. I can't speak about Lexus specifically, but a couple years back my dad bought a 2017 Toyota Corolla SE 50th Anniversary Edition from one dealer that was giving it to us for $6200 off. The sales experience went fine, but I could tell the service department there was terrible, and we had already established a good service experience at our local dealer. That vehicle was serviced at our local dealer 100% of the time and we had no issue with it. All warranty claims were covered too. One thing I would say is this; check to see if there are terms to the extra goodies you are paying for, especially the one about the lifetime warranty on paint and interior. Going back to my example, my local dealer does this special that if you buy a car from them, so long as you service it with them, they will give you free tires for life. However, since we didn't buy the car from them, even though we did all our service with them, they didn't honor it. So make sure that the lifetime warranty that they are offering you isn't conditional on you doing service with them, and check if the warranty is being offered by a third party. If it is, it can likely be used at any dealer nationwide. If it is being offered by the dealer, you will be forced to take the car to them to have them do the warranty work for the paint/interior. But that's independent of the factory warranty. The factory warranty works at any Lexus dealer.
macmaster (01-12-22)
Old 01-12-22, 07:33 PM
Answer
Instructor

Received 831 Likes on 404 Posts

Dealership make money on service more than selling usually, so I don't see why you'd get bad service even if you didn't buy there
macmaster (01-12-22)
Old 01-12-22, 07:48 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

Not at all. I can't speak about Lexus specifically, but a couple years back my dad bought a 2017 Toyota Corolla SE 50th Anniversary Edition from one dealer that was giving it to us for $6200 off. The sales experience went fine, but I could tell the service department there was terrible, and we had already established a good service experience at our local dealer. That vehicle was serviced at our local dealer 100% of the time and we had no issue with it. All warranty claims were covered too. One thing I would say is this; check to see if there are terms to the extra goodies you are paying for, especially the one about the lifetime warranty on paint and interior. Going back to my example, my local dealer does this special that if you buy a car from them, so long as you service it with them, they will give you free tires for life. However, since we didn't buy the car from them, even though we did all our service with them, they didn't honor it. So make sure that the lifetime warranty that they are offering you isn't conditional on you doing service with them, and check if the warranty is being offered by a third party. If it is, it can likely be used at any dealer nationwide. If it is being offered by the dealer, you will be forced to take the car to them to have them do the warranty work for the paint/interior. But that's independent of the factory warranty. The factory warranty works at any Lexus dealer.
Thanks Tonio. I'm not planning to get the one with the paint treatment add-on anymore. Actually the one I'm looking at they're adding all-weather floor mats to for $295. That's fine I guess. But, does that mean I won't get the free carpet mats Lexus always comes with? I'd prefer to swap them out depending on the season if that's possible.
Old 01-12-22, 07:53 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Thanks Tonio. I'm not planning to get the one with the paint treatment add-on anymore. Actually the one I'm looking at they're adding all-weather floor mats to for $295. That's fine I guess. But, does that mean I won't get the free carpet mats Lexus always comes with? I'd prefer to swap them out depending on the season if that's possible.
They should not remove the carpet mats as that is included with the base price of the vehicle. I know Lexus HQ will have a heart attack with me saying this, but I always stack my mats; haven't died yet. For $295, assuming it also includes the trunk tray, its at MSRP, so its not a bad deal.
Old 01-12-22, 07:57 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

They should not remove the carpet mats as that is included with the base price of the vehicle. I know Lexus HQ will have a heart attack with me saying this, but I always stack my mats; haven't died yet. For $295, assuming it also includes the trunk tray, its at MSRP, so its not a bad deal.
Thanks. It says nothing about a trunk tray so I don't think I'm getting that. It also doesn't say anything about carpet mats coming included as part of the base. Here's a summary of the spec sheet.

TipsyTonio (01-12-22)
Old 01-12-22, 08:00 PM
Shoeboy4
Intermediate

Received 511 Likes on 182 Posts

My car had the all weather mats and trunk liner option and I still got the carpet mats, I asked them to put the carpet ones in and leave the all weather in trunk which they did still sealed inside the box they came in
TipsyTonio (01-12-22)
Old 01-12-22, 08:04 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Thanks. It says nothing about a trunk tray so I don't think I'm getting that. It also doesn't say anything about carpet mats coming included as part of the base. Here's a summary of the spec sheet.
Um…. That says Lexus LS…. Are they selling you the right car?? My cars build sheet only said “All Weather Floor Mats” at $295 as well and it had the trunk tray. The build sheet doesn’t say the option code, but if you put the vin into the API link I posted a while back, or if he sends you a screenshot of their dealer daily site, you see all the option codes and it’ll tell you there. Better yet, if you put the vin, which you must have if you have a build sheet, onto the Lexus Specification website it’ll give you the option code and it’ll say it right there if it has the trunk tray.
Originally Posted by Shoeboy4
My car had the all weather mats and trunk liner option and I still got the carpet mats, I asked them to put the carpet ones in and leave the all weather in trunk which they did still sealed inside the box they came in
Same here. My car wasn’t touched when it got off the trunk so my all weather mats and carpet mats were all still sealed in the bag.
Old 01-12-22, 08:04 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Shoeboy4
Thanks! So I noticed compared to many other spec sheets the "Preferred-Accessory Package" is not listed here. Crap. Does this mean I won't get the trunk mat, cargo mat and wheel locks?
Old 01-12-22, 08:07 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Thanks! So I noticed compared to many other spec sheets the "Preferred-Accessory Package" is not listed here. Crap. Does this mean I won't get the trunk mat, cargo mat and wheel locks?
The preferred accessory package is a rip off in my opinion. As it shows, your car will not come with the wheel locks. But be glad it doesn’t. They charge $85 to get it done at the port, and you forfeit the 4 wheel studs that it replaces. You can buy it at the parts counter for $60 and still keep the 4 wheel studs it replaces. Or if you search you can get it cheaper. I got mine for $42 from: parts.lexusofwestkendall.com
The carpet mat is redundant since I’m certain yours has the all weather trunk tray. In my personal opinion, the carpet mat in the trunk will get dirty in no time. The all weather trunk tray is the best option.

Quick Reply: The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance