IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-22, 08:41 PM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,731 Likes on 1,900 Posts

Originally Posted by TipsyTonio
If I may, I would also like to recommend the illuminated door sills. Not only does it look super cool to have it say F sport when you open the door in bright white, but it’s also the only way to get a metal door sill protector in the rear. If you don’t get that, you get nothing in the back. I personally think it’s worth the money. Yes, you can get them cheaper at the parts counter, but if you’re like me, paying the extra money is worth any sort of electrical issues that might present themselves with a DIY install. Not to mention it comes with 4 year warranty vs 1 year if you get it at the port
+1, I love that they say "F Sport" on the F Sport models instead of "LEXUS" like on the pre-refresh.

The following 2 users liked this post by arentz07:
IssaV8 (01-12-22), wthrman2 (01-13-22)
Old 01-12-22, 08:43 PM
IssaV8
Intermediate

Received 417 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by arentz07
+1, I love that they say "F Sport" on the F Sport models instead of "LEXUS" like on the pre-refresh.

Is this the same part number for the is500 as a 21 IS350 F Sport by chance?

Last edited by IssaV8; 01-12-22 at 08:43 PM. Reason: clarify
Old 01-12-22, 08:44 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Received 2,275 Likes on 1,046 Posts

Originally Posted by IssaV8
Is this the same part number as a 21 IS350 F Sport by chance?
It should be, but idk why I had a feeling that 2021s came with “LEXUS” illuminated rather than “F-Sport” on the 2022s. I thought the switch might’ve been related to them removing the F sport badge on the trunk
Compromise
Intermediate

Received 415 Likes on 176 Posts

Still looking for a pic of someone with the illuminated F Sport sills!
TipsyTonio
Racer

Originally Posted by Compromise
Still looking for a pic of someone with the illuminated F Sport sills!
Ah damn. Let me put some pants on and walk outside.
The following 4 users liked this post by TipsyTonio:
Carolina50 (01-13-22), Compromise (01-12-22), EvilHardee (01-13-22), Shoeboy4 (01-12-22)
Old 01-12-22, 08:50 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Here you are. I even included a picture of the rear sill which you only get if you get the illuminated door sills.

The following 7 users liked this post by TipsyTonio:
arentz07 (01-12-22), Carolina50 (01-13-22), Compromise (01-12-22), cp2 (01-13-22), IssaV8 (01-12-22), natnut (01-13-22), wthrman2 (01-13-22) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-12-22, 09:16 PM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,731 Likes on 1,900 Posts

See this is why I just used an old photo and didn't have one of the sill at night. You are dedicated.
The following 2 users liked this post by arentz07:
DLPTony (01-13-22), TipsyTonio (01-12-22)
Old 01-12-22, 09:28 PM
Compromise
Intermediate

Received 415 Likes on 176 Posts

That looks amazing!! Gotta find a way to get it. Parts right now only list the sills with light up "Lexus" logo. Only way right now is through Lexus Boutique, but the price is ridiculous.

Edit: NVM, found it. Part # PT9425321020

Last edited by Compromise; 01-12-22 at 09:59 PM.
The following users liked this post:
TipsyTonio (01-12-22)
Old 01-12-22, 10:12 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Originally Posted by arentz07
See this is why I just used an old photo and didn't have one of the sill at night. You are dedicated.
Anything for my CL family
The following 3 users liked this post by TipsyTonio:
arentz07 (01-13-22), DLPTony (01-13-22), wthrman2 (01-13-22)
Old 01-12-22, 10:54 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,954 Likes on 1,046 Posts

$!&@ I just realized that when I filled out the credit application today where it asked for monthly gross income I entered my gross paycheck. No wonder I still haven’t been approved. They’ll let me redo it right?
Old 01-13-22, 03:24 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,685 Likes on 1,783 Posts

Originally Posted by macmaster
Quick question. Does the dealership you buy from matter?
Based on my personal experience, it has had NO impacts whatsoever. I have been buying all my Lexus dealer from the city I used to lived because I knew them well and the dealer owner was friend with my dad who was in the car business. The closest Lexus dealer where I have some service done totally understood my loyalty and the service advisor always appreciated my business and was more than courteous with me. That being said, either dealers are a bit far from where I live so for basic stuff like oil change, installing my LCA bushings, alignment and things like that, I have gone to a local Toyota dealer and they are AMAZING!! The service manager only has his top mechanic touch my car and I swear I am like royalty there....in the end, the key is to always be pleasant with them and they'll treat you well and as Answer said, they will make money regardless so of course they'll want your business.

Originally Posted by Answer
Almost triplets! lol! With wthrman2 being the old one and me being the young one! (41, not that young!) lol! Kinda love the red one the more I think about it. I'm still young enough in my head to get a red car!
You may be younger than me but I'll out-sexy all you young chickens (lol) - Have respect for the elders BTW - and Ensure is on sale this week - WHOO HOO!

Not at all.
Agree with what this spring chicken said...

But, does that mean I won't get the free carpet mats Lexus always comes with? I'd prefer to swap them out depending on the season if that's possible.
You will get both - I never put my carpeted one in the car ever and when I return my lease, the car is pristine with the summer mat still in its wrapper.

It’s a super simple process. Unlike every other fricken Toyota product that uses a 21mm socket, you just need a 17mm socket and a torque wrench set to 103lb ft. I’m going to get flamed, but you can get all this at Harbor Freight for $25ish with the 20% off coupon lmao. And the torque wrench you can use in the future. To remove the existing lug bolt you can used the torque wrench in reverse (not recommended) or you can use the breaker bar in the trunk. I kid you not, I did all 4 wheels in 2-3 minutes. It’s not rocket science.
I do all my wheel swapping on my daily drivers (and rotation) and I agree, installing locking bolts and such is a super easy process - I haven't to do anything on my 2021 350 yet and I am not sure how I feel these over the old traditional style of having wheel studs and just putting on the nut - this will be a bit trickier to install tires compared to just use the wheel stud to align your tire and then put the nuts on. I am not going to flame you for using Harbor Freight as much as using a torque wrench to undo your bolts (lol) I have invested in a breaker bar for dirt cheap and keep my torque wrench for properly tightening the wheels. Now I haven't done any work to my 2021 yet but have you confirmed the torque spec of 103 lb ft? It seems a bit higher than what I usually use on my other cars which is usually in the 90 lb ft....and you are correct, it is not rocket science ---- it is SOCKET science (LMAO)

For the love of god, are you trying to traumatize me or tease Carolina?!? Of course you need pants on, at all time buddy!!!

Anything for my CL family
So pants on for the CL family, pants off for expanding the Tonio family (lol)

$!&@ I just realized that when I filled out the credit application today where it asked for monthly gross income I entered my gross paycheck. No wonder I still haven’t been approved. They’ll let me redo it right?
I would just call the dealer in which you arranged for the credit check and explain you provided some incorrect information and see if they'll give you a number to call or if not, if you get rejected, of course you can resubmit again explaining you made a mistake...
Carolina50 (01-13-22)
Old 01-13-22, 03:50 AM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Originally Posted by wthrman2
Based on my personal experience, it has had NO impacts whatsoever. I have been buying all my Lexus dealer from the city I used to lived because I knew them well and the dealer owner was friend with my dad who was in the car business. The closest Lexus dealer where I have some service done totally understood my loyalty and the service advisor always appreciated my business and was more than courteous with me. That being said, either dealers are a bit far from where I live so for basic stuff like oil change, installing my LCA bushings, alignment and things like that, I have gone to a local Toyota dealer and they are AMAZING!! The service manager only has his top mechanic touch my car and I swear I am like royalty there....in the end, the key is to always be pleasant with them and they'll treat you well and as Answer said, they will make money regardless so of course they'll want your business.

You may be younger than me but I'll out-sexy all you young chickens (lol) - Have respect for the elders BTW - and Ensure is on sale this week - WHOO HOO!

Agree with what this spring chicken said...

You will get both - I never put my carpeted one in the car ever and when I return my lease, the car is pristine with the summer mat still in its wrapper.

I do all my wheel swapping on my daily drivers (and rotation) and I agree, installing locking bolts and such is a super easy process - I haven't to do anything on my 2021 350 yet and I am not sure how I feel these over the old traditional style of having wheel studs and just putting on the nut - this will be a bit trickier to install tires compared to just use the wheel stud to align your tire and then put the nuts on. I am not going to flame you for using Harbor Freight as much as using a torque wrench to undo your bolts (lol) I have invested in a breaker bar for dirt cheap and keep my torque wrench for properly tightening the wheels. Now I haven't done any work to my 2021 yet but have you confirmed the torque spec of 103 lb ft? It seems a bit higher than what I usually use on my other cars which is usually in the 90 lb ft....and you are correct, it is not rocket science ---- it is SOCKET science (LMAO)

For the love of god, are you trying to traumatize me or tease Carolina?!? Of course you need pants on, at all time buddy!!!

So pants on for the CL family, pants off for expanding the Tonio family (lol)

I would just call the dealer in which you arranged for the credit check and explain you provided some incorrect information and see if they'll give you a number to call or if not, if you get rejected, of course you can resubmit again explaining you made a mistake...
Haha I have no intention of expanding the Antonio family yet. Heck I’m not sure if I ever will.
You don’t have to worry about aligning the stud with the wheel once you fully remove the wheel. In the trunk there is a guide pin which screws into one of the threads in the wheel hub, and you basically put that and then rest the wheel on that guide pin, and then screw in the other 4 lug bolts. And yes it is 103lb ft. It has been for a while on these cars, but you can verify yourself in the owners manual. And I feel you about the torque wrench. I personally don’t use it to remove anything which is why I said it was not recommended
wthrman2 (01-13-22)
Old 01-13-22, 04:21 AM
macmaster
Pole Position

Originally Posted by wthrman2
thanks for all your answers. Re this question my salesman said he’ll let his general manager know to adjust it. I’ve just been worried sick that the wrong income info will increase my rate. Or is a credit approval all or nothing? (Meaning rates are the same as long as you get approved) Idk how it works...props to him for texting me at 4am though.
Old 01-13-22, 04:22 AM
TipsyTonio
Racer

thanks for all your answers. Re this question my salesman said he’ll let his general manager know to adjust it. I’ve just been worried sick that the wrong income info will increase my rate. Or is a credit approval all or nothing? (Meaning rates are the same as long as you get approved) Idk how it works...props to him for texting me at 4am though.
When there’s a promotional apr it’s all or nothing. But the IS500 has no promotional APR so I’m uncertain.
Old 01-13-22, 04:24 AM
macmaster
Pole Position

When there’s a promotional apr it’s all or nothing. But the IS500 has no promotional APR so I’m uncertain.
my understanding is they’re shopping me rates, sending me to banks, which they said they work with. The original estimate before I submitted my info was quoted with a 7.99% APR. hoping it’s a lot lower than that.

Quick Reply: The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance