IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-22, 02:32 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Received 2,275 Likes on 1,046 Posts

Originally Posted by jjc1111
That is beautiful!! I just called...it sold for $10k over sticker

But they have an LE in stock for $15k over...
That's ridiculous! People have too much money to blow
The following 5 users liked this post by TipsyTonio:
Carolina50 (01-17-22), DLPTony (01-17-22), Haku415 (01-17-22), jjc1111 (01-17-22), wthrman2 (01-17-22)
Old 01-17-22, 04:43 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

It's all relative to what people want to spend, especially in this day and age. People are marking up the new 2022 S-Class and G-Wagen for 50-100k over sticker, but no one is complaining about that. Housing prices are highly inflated and people are paying over asking price in many markets. People are paying ridiculous amounts of money for new retro Jordans and Dunks...but no one complaints about it. If you have the money to spend it, it's not up to us to judge those people or complain about it. If you're not in the market for it, does it really matter?

Sorry, but these complaints about market adjustment and pricing is getting old. Who cares what someone paid for their IS 500 F SPORT Performance. It's a bit rude to ask someone that anyway. Let's talk about the good stuff, like what other color IS 500 F SPORT Performances have you seen, or what other plans do you have with your newly acquired car or what has your ownership experience been like since you got it?

Last edited by flipside909; 01-17-22 at 04:56 PM.
The following 5 users liked this post by flipside909:
Answer (01-17-22), Brandonfu (01-17-22), Nvicta (01-17-22), Vitveet (01-18-22), wthrman2 (01-17-22)
Old 01-17-22, 04:59 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Originally Posted by flipside909
It's all relative to what people want to spend, especially in this day and age. People are marking up the new 2022 S-Class and G-Wagen for 50-100k over sticker, but no one is complaining about that. Housing prices are highly inflated and people are paying over asking price in many markets. People are paying ridiculous amounts of money for new retro Jordans and Dunks...but no one complaints about it. If you have the money to spend it, it's not up to us to judge those people or complain about it. If you're not in the market for it, does it really matter?

Sorry, but these complaints about market adjustment and pricing is getting old. Who cares what someone paid for their IS 500 F SPORT Performance. It's a bit rude to ask someone that anyway. Let's talk about the good stuff, like what other color IS 500 F SPORT Performances have you seen, or what other plans do you have with your newly acquired car or what has your ownership experience been like since you got it?
No… they’re definitely stupid. If the person that makes the item is saying it’s worth $X and you go out and buy that item for X times 2, there clearly something wrong. Plus, dealers have made markups on the IS500 part of the experience, and after all, that’s what this thread is about
The following 4 users liked this post by TipsyTonio:
Carolina50 (01-17-22), jeasher (01-17-22), Joe Z (01-17-22), Nvicta (01-17-22)
Old 01-17-22, 05:29 PM
Nvicta
Pit Crew

Received 197 Likes on 67 Posts

The way I see it is, "This is 'Merica". We have a free market economy. All the wiser to the person who gets it at MSRP. Others like to pay to play.
And you are all entitled to your opinions too.

There will probably be more than just thrown codes for this bad beast. With this forum, we will all flatten the learning curve together and that is part of the adventure....
The following 3 users liked this post by Nvicta:
Brandonfu (01-17-22), nmdjr (01-18-22), TipsyTonio (01-17-22)
Old 01-17-22, 06:59 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by TipsyTonio
No… they’re definitely stupid. If the person that makes the item is saying it’s worth $X and you go out and buy that item for X times 2, there clearly something wrong. Plus, dealers have made markups on the IS500 part of the experience, and after all, that’s what this thread is about
So has it affected your decision to purchase an IS 500 F SPORT Performance? There are several here that bought their Launch Edition over MSRP. People will buy what makes them happy, it doesn't matter what anyone thinks. Dealers will continue to do business they way they do. Some are honest and some will take advantage of the situation. If they marked up the car and someone bought it...so what? If the buyer is happy, that's all that matters.

Last edited by flipside909; 01-17-22 at 07:06 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by flipside909:
Brandonfu (01-17-22), nmdjr (01-18-22), V8ISGreat (01-17-22), Vitveet (01-18-22)
Old 01-17-22, 07:06 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

So has it affected your decision to purchase an IS 500 F SPORT Performance? There are several here that bought their Launch Edition over MSRP. People will buy what makes them happy, it doesn't matter what anyone thinks. Dealers will continue to do business they way they do. Some are honest and some will take advantage of the situation. If they marked up the car and someone bought it...so what? If the buyer is happy, that's all that matters.
The honeymoon period eventually wears off and god forbid your car get totaled, you'll be crying yourself to sleep when insurance writes you a check for $63k, not the $73k that someone paid because of a markup. Glad you see that they are "taking advantage of the situation." It's perhaps the only thing you and I will ever see eye to eye on
The following 5 users liked this post by TipsyTonio:
Carolina50 (01-17-22), DLPTony (01-18-22), Joe Z (01-17-22), Kanpai (01-18-22), lobuxracer (01-17-22)
Old 01-17-22, 07:07 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

The honeymoon period eventually wears off and god forbid your car get totaled, you'll be crying yourself to sleep when insurance writes you a check for $63k, not the $73k that someone paid because of a markup. Glad you see that they are "taking advantage of the situation." It's perhaps the only thing you and I will ever see eye to eye on
That's a risk you take when buying any depreciating asset, especially a luxury car. Their money (or the bank's if it's financed or leased), not ours.
Old 01-17-22, 07:10 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

That's a risk you take when buying any depreciating asset, especially a luxury car. Their money (or the bank's if it's financed or leased), not ours.
All the more reason to not put yourself in the hole more
Old 01-17-22, 07:10 PM
Nvicta
Pit Crew

Received 197 Likes on 67 Posts

Let's talk about the good stuff, like what other color IS 500 F SPORT Performances have you seen, or what other plans do you have with your newly acquired car or what has your ownership experience been like since you got it?
Yes, so back to the good stuff...

(This week) my number of amazon deliveries happily rival the wife's. As a DIY type of guy with Youtube as my best friend, I'm planning to lightly correction compound the car's paint and then apply xpel ultimate plus PPF to the car like Star Trek's Enterprise "Full deflector shield to the front Captain". I have a 50ml bottle of Crystal serum light ceramic to top it all off (some gunmetal wheels too). My dealer's only markup is to apply their standard tint on the side and back glass with 25% ceramic. I'm still trying to find out what material they're using. My guinea pig test vehicle is the camry hybrid. Hopefully I can get my techniques squared away on her first and then make the 500 shine.

Needless to say it may be a little while before I can explore the open roads with hammer down. Truly looking forward to the process though
I've enjoyed reading everyone's hypothesis on the LCA bushings. I may just sacrifice a bit of life on the factory rubber to see how the situation reads.
The following 3 users liked this post by Nvicta:
flipside909 (01-17-22), V8ISGreat (01-17-22), wthrman2 (01-18-22)
Old 01-17-22, 07:14 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Originally Posted by Nvicta
Yes, so back to the good stuff...

(This week) my number of amazon deliveries happily rival the wife's. As a DIY type of guy with Youtube as my best friend, I'm planning to lightly correction compound the car's paint and then apply xpel ultimate plus PPF to the car like Star Trek's Enterprise "Full deflector shield to the front Captain". I have a 50ml bottle of Crystal serum light ceramic to top it all off (some gunmetal wheels too). My dealer's only markup is to apply their standard tint on the side and back glass with 25% ceramic. I'm still trying to find out what material they're using. My guinea pig test vehicle is the camry hybrid. Hopefully I can get my techniques squared away on her first and then make the 500 shine.

Needless to say it may be a little while before I can explore the open roads with hammer down. Truly looking forward to the process though
I've enjoyed reading everyone's hypothesis on the LCA bushings. I may just sacrifice a bit of life on the factory rubber to see how the situation reads.
I will say, despite the part number for the LCA bushings not changing for the 3.5IS (2021+) there have been drastically fewer reports of premature inner tire wear. To my knowledge, I've only seen one, whereas the pre refresh IS have numerous reports of it. However, I'm curious with how the added weight of the 2UR in the front will affect this. Only time will tell
Old 01-17-22, 07:16 PM
lexussingh
Pit Crew

Received 98 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Nvicta
The way I see it is, "This is 'Merica". We have a free market economy. All the wiser to the person who gets it at MSRP. Others like to pay to play.
And you are all entitled to your opinions too.

There will probably be more than just thrown codes for this bad beast. With this forum, we will all flatten the learning curve together and that is part of the adventure....
A 500 is not a necessity, if someone is willing to pay for something at X price then thats what its worth to them. Having said that i think it’s unethical for the dealers to do it, however unethical does bot equal illegal. I think it will tarnish their image in the long run. Another point, you snooze you loose. A lot of people are just now looking to get 500s. Even 2 months ago was to late imo. People who wanted it at msrp in this market shpuld have put down 1 - 3 deposits at least 4 months ago. It sucks, but it is what it is. Its a risk. Its hard to even get a toyota or honda right now, and i coudnt find one below msrp. At the end of the day its just a car. A car that i happen to love, lol
The following 3 users liked this post by lexussingh:
arentz07 (01-18-22), V8ISGreat (01-17-22), Vitveet (01-18-22)
Old 01-17-22, 07:24 PM
lexussingh
Pit Crew

Received 98 Likes on 42 Posts

Gap insurance can mitigate that, but i agree with you in principle. I would walk away from a deal if it was a penny over.
Old 01-17-22, 07:34 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Originally Posted by lexussingh
Gap insurance can mitigate that, but i agree with you in principle. I would walk away from a deal if it was a penny over.
True, but (and I don’t think this applies to anyone that we know of) GAP will only cover up to 150% of the vehicle MSRP. So if the car is 50k for example, and you buy it for $80k, insurance will pay around the 50k mark, gap will pay $25k, and you are on your own for the remaining 5k. But then again, a 50% markup is insane and I don’t believe we have heard of one yet on the 500s
The following users liked this post:
Carolina50 (01-17-22)
Old 01-17-22, 07:35 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,962 Likes on 2,400 Posts

To be fair, some people are completely unfazed by losing $10k. They might make that back in the first couple hours of their working day. Other people see this as a massive loss taking months or years to recover. If you're paying cash and not telling the bank to wait for their mortgage payment if the car gets totaled, you're in a position many people envy. Also if you are in this position, most people, even on this forum, will not understand how you see money. So making judgments based on your own perspective about money might not be relevant to those who want to be first without regard for cost. Dealerships understand this and act accordingly. I didn't buy my IS F until the hoopla died down and all the silly markups were turned into trunk money off the sticker price. I wasn't in a hurry to be first, because it's not important to me. But there were others who paid a significant premium to be the first IS F owners because it made sense to them.

IMHO, the IS500 will be available with trunk money in 8 months for those willing to wait. It's been true for all the F cars so far, and I doubt the IS500 will be any different.
The following 9 users liked this post by lobuxracer:
AJinDFW (01-17-22), ashschwin (01-17-22), Joe Z (01-17-22), JT2MA71 (01-20-22), nmdjr (01-18-22), Nvicta (01-17-22), TipsyTonio (01-17-22), Vitveet (01-18-22), wthrman2 (01-18-22) and 4 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-17-22, 10:26 PM
EhArgh
Driver

Received 95 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by lexussingh
are you worried about being denied warranty coverage? I want to get a bolt on exhaust in the future or perhaps even do this mod.
Warranty would only be denied on the item directly affected by the unbolted exhaust. The sensors in questions are way before the unbolted section & should not cause a warranty claim denial issue.

Quick Reply: The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance