IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-22, 10:31 PM
EhArgh
Driver

Received 95 Likes on 30 Posts
Thumbs up

When are people experiencing these CEL issues? I am at 1600+ km and no issues...
Old 01-17-22, 10:49 PM
teamlexus1
Driver School Candidate

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

I initially plan to buy an IS 500 this year, but decided to defer to next year due to another financial priority. However, I closely monitor this thread on a daily basis. Although the IS 500 limited edition share the same wheels with the 2021 IS 350 DHP, I notice those wheels are not available for purchase online or from any local dealerships. I'll be buying a white IS 500 with red interior and add limo tint. The alloy Enkei wheels will throw off the look of the car. Unless Lexus will be offering the black BBS wheels with the 2023 models, I will have to swap them out. Any ideas on how and where to get those black BBS wheels?

Last edited by teamlexus1; 01-18-22 at 02:14 AM.
Old 01-17-22, 10:57 PM
AmbyBomb
Instructor

Received 922 Likes on 425 Posts

Used, from an LE owner or 350 owner.
The following users liked this post:
teamlexus1 (01-18-22)
Old 01-17-22, 10:59 PM
Compromise
Intermediate

Received 415 Likes on 176 Posts

The black BBS wheels are my second favorite thing about the car, next to the engine!
teamlexus1 (01-18-22)
Old 01-17-22, 11:03 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by EhArgh
Warranty would only be denied on the item directly affected by the unbolted exhaust. The sensors in questions are way before the unbolted section & should not cause a warranty claim denial issue.
Just wanted to mention I saw the video with the disconnected axle sections..

Did you disconnect and just leave hanging or added washers to create spaces ??

I will be the first to tell you it may “sound great” but if I’m being honest, you are probably loosing performance / low end torque from the loss of back pressure.

Its sorta the same deal with the valved cut outs.. Sounds overwhelming amazing, but in reality you may not get the correct performance / response intended out of the V8 engine.

We have spent countless years researching / teaching / educating F owners that just because a MOD like an open air intake system or some sort of modified oem exhaust sounds Fantastic, it doesn’t mean you’re “Going Faster”

In many of those cases owners Dyno’d their cars and measured RWHP loses.

Just my .02 cents on performance mods.

Hopefully the aftermarket companies will be making some quality parts in the near future

- Joe Z

Old 01-17-22, 11:05 PM
AmbyBomb
Instructor

Received 922 Likes on 425 Posts

Isn't Meisterschaft making an exhaust?
Old 01-17-22, 11:21 PM
EhArgh
Driver

Received 95 Likes on 30 Posts

Completely agree Joe, does sound great & am probably losing performance. Only has been disconnected for the sound & to make the video essentially

Nothing is hanging, no spacers, just removed the springs and the donut washers.
Joe Z (01-17-22)
Old 01-17-22, 11:38 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by teamlexus1
I initially plan to buy an IS 500 this year, but decided to defer to next year due to other financial priority. However, I closely monitor this thread on a daily basis. Although the IS 500 limited edition share the same wheels with the 2021 IS 350 DHP, I notice those wheels are not available for purchase online or from any local dealerships. I'll be buying a white IS 500 with red interior and add limo tint. The alloy Enkei wheels will throw off the look of the car. Unless Lexus will be offering the black BBS wheels with the 2023 models, I will have to swap them out. Any ideas on how and where to get those black BBS wheels?
The Forged BBS in Black are available over the Lexus parts counters… But as usual they will run ballpark of $6-$8k. Just for the wheels alone are about $2k each, depending where you buy..

I’m just putting the LIST prices.

Front - 42611-WY320

Rear - 42611-WY330

___

Joe Z

The following 4 users liked this post by Joe Z:
daheezy (01-18-22), Kanpai (01-18-22), teamlexus1 (01-18-22), wthrman2 (01-18-22)
Old 01-18-22, 12:35 AM
BChoCRNA
Pit Crew

Received 63 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by teamlexus1
I initially plan to buy an IS 500 this year, but decided to defer to next year due to other financial priority. However, I closely monitor this thread on a daily basis. Although the IS 500 limited edition share the same wheels with the 2021 IS 350 DHP, I notice those wheels are not available for purchase online or from any local dealerships. I'll be buying a white IS 500 with red interior and add limo tint. The alloy Enkei wheels will throw off the look of the car. Unless Lexus will be offering the black BBS wheels with the 2023 models, I will have to swap them out. Any ideas on how and where to get those black BBS wheels?
Pretty sure the 2023 is500 will offer the BBS wheels as an option. Historically speaking, the 2022 LC500 offers wheels from the LC500 inspiration series.

I’d be awesome if they offered the suede interior from the LE as an option for the 2023 is500.
teamlexus1 (01-18-22)
Old 01-18-22, 02:12 AM
teamlexus1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Joe Z
The Forged BBS in Black are available over the Lexus parts counters… But as usual they will run ballpark of $6-$8k. Just for the wheels alone are about $2k each, depending where you buy..

I’m just putting the LIST prices.

Front - 42611-WY320

Rear - 42611-WY330

___

Joe Z
Thanks, brother. I really appreciate you for taking the time to look into that for me. The price won't matter because I intend to buy and keep the car for a long time.
Vitveet (01-18-22)
Old 01-18-22, 02:25 AM
teamlexus1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by BChoCRNA
Pretty sure the 2023 is500 will offer the BBS wheels as an option. Historically speaking, the 2022 LC500 offers wheels from the LC500 inspiration series.

I’d be awesome if they offered the suede interior from the LE as an option for the 2023 is500.
I pray that will be the case. The alloy Enkei wheels look horrible with ultra white. Lexus should have offered the black BBS wheels as an option for the 2022 models and charge a premium. I would prefer the red suede interior from the RCF Fuji or LC500.
Old 01-18-22, 02:53 AM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 254 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
It's all relative to what people want to spend, especially in this day and age. People are marking up the new 2022 S-Class and G-Wagen for 50-100k over sticker, but no one is complaining about that. Housing prices are highly inflated and people are paying over asking price in many markets. People are paying ridiculous amounts of money for new retro Jordans and Dunks...but no one complaints about it. If you have the money to spend it, it's not up to us to judge those people or complain about it. If you're not in the market for it, does it really matter?

Sorry, but these complaints about market adjustment and pricing is getting old. Who cares what someone paid for their IS 500 F SPORT Performance. It's a bit rude to ask someone that anyway. Let's talk about the good stuff, like what other color IS 500 F SPORT Performances have you seen, or what other plans do you have with your newly acquired car or what has your ownership experience been like since you got it?
Originally Posted by flipside909
So has it affected your decision to purchase an IS 500 F SPORT Performance? There are several here that bought their Launch Edition over MSRP. People will buy what makes them happy, it doesn't matter what anyone thinks. Dealers will continue to do business they way they do. Some are honest and some will take advantage of the situation. If they marked up the car and someone bought it...so what? If the buyer is happy, that's all that matters.
Been saying this all along. These little $3k, $5k, $10k markups mean absolutely nothing to someone who has the money and wants the car.... especially a limited production, hard to get vehicle. Over in the super car world where I've been playing in recently, allocations are 12-24 months out and used cars a year or 2 old are going for $50k to $100k over sticker, sometimes even higher.....and no one is complaining....they're selling like hot cakes.

Originally Posted by TipsyTonio
The honeymoon period eventually wears off and god forbid your car get totaled, you'll be crying yourself to sleep when insurance writes you a check for $63k, not the $73k that someone paid because of a markup. Glad you see that they are "taking advantage of the situation." It's perhaps the only thing you and I will ever see eye to eye on
Going on 8 years with my '12 ISF and the honeymoon period hasn't worn off yet....God forbid, but if it got totalled, I'd pay any amount (within reason....$40k, $50k, $60k) for another one. I love the car and everything it offers....I'd just rather have one than not in the garage.
If you can't afford a $10k hit in the event of the car being totaled, you paid $73k and getting paid out $63k, you shouldn't be buying a $60k-$70k car, end of story. If that'll make you "cry to sleep" you're just plain shopping at the wrong dealerships....much more affordable car brands out thy (although they're ALL doing markups).
And as I said a while back, next year the "markups" or "market adjustments" will be all gone, but the MSRP pricing will be way up......with the markups/market adjustments already built it to the pricing. So I suggest getting used to it and find a way to make more money out here as "higher prices" are here to stay for the foreseeable future. Like it or not.

V.

​​​​​
The following 2 users liked this post by Vitveet:
flipside909 (01-18-22), wthrman2 (01-18-22)
Old 01-18-22, 03:06 AM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 254 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
To be fair, some people are completely unfazed by losing $10k. They might make that back in the first couple hours of their working day. Other people see this as a massive loss taking months or years to recover. If you're paying cash and not telling the bank to wait for their mortgage payment if the car gets totaled, you're in a position many people envy. Also if you are in this position, most people, even on this forum, will not understand how you see money. So making judgments based on your own perspective about money might not be relevant to those who want to be first without regard for cost. Dealerships understand this and act accordingly. I didn't buy my IS F until the hoopla died down and all the silly markups were turned into trunk money off the sticker price. I wasn't in a hurry to be first, because it's not important to me. But there were others who paid a significant premium to be the first IS F owners because it made sense to them.

IMHO, the IS500 will be available with trunk money in 8 months for those willing to wait. It's been true for all the F cars so far, and I doubt the IS500 will be any different.

Worth quoting so people can read this again. All worded perfectly 👍

V.
Old 01-18-22, 03:25 AM
BChoCRNA
Pit Crew

Received 63 Likes on 30 Posts

To be fair, the is500 has been available for about 1.5 months? I guess it may feel longer for some of us here since we’ve been eagerly waiting since March 2021 haha.

The markups will fade away once Toyota ramps up their production this year.

Toyota expects annual production target shortfall as chip shortage drags on

TOKYO, Jan 18 - Toyota said on Tuesday it expects to miss its annual 9 million vehicle production target because competition for semiconductors meant it didn't have enough to ramp up car output to offset production lost during the pandemic last year.

Last edited by BChoCRNA; 01-18-22 at 03:30 AM.
Old 01-18-22, 03:34 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,700 Likes on 1,786 Posts

Originally Posted by Vitveet
Worth quoting so people can read this again. All worded perfectly 👍
I agree that you have both made good points except you are a bit contradicting yourself because you say that the the market adjustments will be gone but the MSRP will be way so that the net difference will be the same while he says that after the hype, they'll be trunk money hence paying below the current MSRP...I am not saying this to be rude but just to get a bit more clarification for those trying to decide how best to proceed. This is a moot point here in Canada as they sell at MSRP (or less).

DLPTony (01-18-22)

Quick Reply: The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance