IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-22, 10:07 AM
Kanpai
Instructor

Received 981 Likes on 468 Posts

Originally Posted by macmaster
That sounds exactly like what my problem was. Gasket = flange?
Close, but they work together. The flange in your exhaust would likely be connecting two sections of pipe or pipe to another section of the exhaust. The gasket would go in between those to improve the seal.
Old 01-20-22, 10:27 AM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Received 3,993 Likes on 1,844 Posts

Originally Posted by Kanpai
I'm waiting until spring for my USB
At this rate, it will be Spring for me by default. 😜

#TECHNAWLOGY
This made me laugh out loud! 😂

Originally Posted by wthrman2
On the stereo discussion, even my Non-ML system, the sound is very front biased so I have dialed the fade a bit more toward the rear to give it a more balanced sound and find it sounds better that way...
LOL @ OldyTony.

My current is the non-ML system, I’ll need to try out the fade suggestion to see if that works. I’m ready for the ML system though, my Chill House / Electronic play list is set!

Originally Posted by lexussingh
Update for yall, they said there is a bad gasket between the down pipe and exhaust. They are pretty sure, if not positive thats the issue. Apparently, there was a discussion with all they techs about it. So heres to hoping that resolves the CEL once and for all.
Positive thoughts! I had faith the techs would quickly wrap their heads around this issue.

Originally Posted by hashmanx
I called him yesterday and you were right, he’s very decent and upfront about everything. They sell at MSRP + $1700 for their 7 year coating. This is non negotiable. Although theirs (Roadvantage I believe) is arguably better than Resistall.

You and me both.
Glad to see folks get theirs, but glad I’m not the last man standing. 😜

Positive spin, the more Lexus is hit with USB requests, the better.
The following 2 users liked this post by DLPTony:
Carolina50 (01-20-22), Kanpai (01-20-22)
Old 01-20-22, 10:30 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,692 Likes on 1,785 Posts

Originally Posted by macmaster
He wanted superman.
...so what am I, Casper with my white on white?! (LOL)

Jororo - Let us know if your dealer tries this....and if it works (the gasket solution)

Last edited by wthrman2; 01-20-22 at 10:34 AM.
The following users liked this post:
DLPTony (01-20-22)
Old 01-20-22, 11:25 AM
Kanpai
Instructor

Received 981 Likes on 468 Posts

There is still a Black/Black Premium at Cherry Hill if anyone is interested. $3K over MSRP but I could really see them knocking that down. I can recommend a salesperson as well.
Carolina50 (01-20-22)
Old 01-20-22, 11:38 AM
zman21
Driver

Received 122 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by TipsyTonio
My experience with JM has been hit or miss for sure. Back in February of 2021 when the IS500 was announced I called asking if a reservation list was available. I was told there was nothing yet but I would be called as soon as it opened.... I'm still waiting for that call. And then a couple months later when I decided that an IS350 was more than enough for me and I wanted to order a 2022, they kept insisting for weeks that no custom orders were available and my sales manager, Arly, would go MIA for days and would ignore my emails and calls. In the end, I ordered it from Lexus of Palm Beach and got exactly what I wanted. I've generally heard good comments from JM though, but the few times I have heard negatively about them, it's always because of communication

I'm rubbing my Magic 8 Ball for you man. It says you're next....
Positive thoughts, positive thoughts! 😜
I think with most car dealers you want to find general policies and ethics that are decent and then find the right people. Can definitely see your side though. Brad Patrick is a good one though. Worth a shot again maybe.
Old 01-20-22, 12:13 PM
95bat
Racer

Received 1,329 Likes on 681 Posts

Originally Posted by BChoCRNA
Just curious, any audiophile guy/girls here? How is the Mark Levinson 17 speaker system? Is there ways to adjust the Eq settings outside the Lexus system to match the Harmon curve?
Originally Posted by TipsyTonio
The experience is definitely different than I had expected. Back seat enjoyment is mehhh. The real fun is in the front seats. Most of the vocals come from the speakers on the dash which leads me to believe that they're going for a concert performance style. Overall it's not bad. It has a lot of bass. It's the first car where I don't full max out the bass because it gives me a headache.
When the left and right speakers are time aligned correctly it will sound like the music is coming from directly in front of you. It is just a mark of a well designed system. Yes, there are dash speakers, but those aren't the only ones playing when it sounds like the music is in front of you.

The ES crowd would always complain about this and it drove me crazy. If you look up any measurement for sound quality in the automotive world it will not say you can hear all 4 doors producing sound.
GoHorns (01-20-22)
Old 01-20-22, 12:18 PM
jjc1111
Driver

Received 119 Likes on 59 Posts

There is still a Black/Black Premium at Cherry Hill if anyone is interested. $3K over MSRP but I could really see them knocking that down. I can recommend a salesperson as well.
I couldn't get him to budge - $3k or walk was what I got
Old 01-20-22, 01:34 PM
jororo
Intermediate

Received 749 Likes on 268 Posts

Not all will want to read this, and definitely understand why you wouldn't, so if that's the case skip & ignore this post.

I just spoke with my service tech and was told that earlier this week Lexus corporate notified all it's dealers of "multiple service issues" with the new IS 500 and advised all dealers to discuss with their staff. It did sound like there are now other known IS 500 issues beyond the CEL oxygen sensor, but wasn't told what they were.

If you're looking to buy one it might be worth finding out what all known issues are out there and the estimated repair time for each should you encounter any of the problems. Mine was supposed to be repaired by today, but now they're saying early-middle of next week at best, meaning my car will have sat unusable at a dealership service department for all but the first 22 hours of the first 10+ days of ownership. And luckily my parts aren't in short supply due to covid/etc.
The following 7 users liked this post by jororo:
Brandonfu (01-20-22), DLPTony (01-20-22), IssaV8 (01-20-22), jjc1111 (01-20-22), Kanpai (01-20-22), V8ISGreat (01-21-22), wthrman2 (01-20-22) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-20-22, 01:38 PM
jjc1111
Driver

Originally Posted by jororo
Not all will want to read this, and definitely understand why you wouldn't, so if that's the case skip & ignore this post.

I just spoke with my service tech and was told that earlier this week Lexus corporate notified all it's dealers of "multiple service issues" with the new IS 500 and advised all dealers to discuss with their staff. It did sound like there are now other known IS 500 issues beyond the CEL oxygen sensor, but wasn't told what they were.

If you're looking to buy one it might be worth finding out what all known issues are out there and the estimated repair time for each should you encounter any of the problems. Mine was supposed to be repaired by today, but now they're saying early-middle of next week at best, meaning my car will have sat unusable at a dealership service department for all but the first 22 hours of the first 10+ days of ownership. And luckily my parts aren't in short supply due to covid/etc.
What was the ultimate cause of your CEL error? Did they share why then can't fix it now? Also, will these 'multiple issues' be unveiled as TSBs?
Old 01-20-22, 01:39 PM
LH1
Instructor

Received 193 Likes on 103 Posts

Tempting but I just can't do a black interior again. I've had them forever, I need a change.

If it was Cloudburst/White I would have already bought it.

V8ISGreat (01-21-22)
Old 01-20-22, 01:42 PM
SwankyV8
3rd Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm waiting until spring for my USB

Where did you order yours? I'm in NJ as well and im waiting until the spring/summer to order mines. Looking to get USB w/Black interior. Are you paying markup?
Old 01-20-22, 01:42 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

I read it and I am deeply troubled and disappointed by this, maybe a covid monster or dealer not feeding correct info...we will need to have other owners confirm this information...seems odd that so far, only Jororo's vehicle is the known bugged unit on here as we have seen a couple of fixed units...let's just hope lexus has a solution. Just curious why none of the press cars had any issues also...
The following 2 users liked this post by wthrman2:
IssaV8 (01-20-22), Kanpai (01-20-22)
Old 01-20-22, 01:44 PM
jjc1111
Driver

Originally Posted by wthrman2
I read it and I am deeply troubled and disappointed by this, maybe a covid monster or dealer not feeding correct info...we will need to have other owners confirm this information...seems odd that so far, only Jororo's vehicle is the known bugged unit on here as we have seen a couple of fixed units...let's just hope lexus has a solution. Just curious why none of the press cars had any issues also...
I'm trying to confirm with a dealer, and I suggest others do the same if they can. It would be nice to have this information if possible.
Old 01-20-22, 01:45 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jjc1111
I'm trying to confirm with a dealer, and I suggest others do the same if they can. It would be nice to have this information if possible.
We have a few great members here associated with dealers, surely they can validate that the info is accurate....
IssaV8 (01-20-22)
Old 01-20-22, 01:47 PM
LH1
Instructor

Received 193 Likes on 103 Posts

jororo, it really sucks that you have to deal with this. I hope Lexus can take good care of you and clean this up.
The following 2 users liked this post by LH1:
DLPTony (01-20-22), wthrman2 (01-20-22)

Quick Reply: The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance