IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-21, 07:35 PM
cremaster
Lead Lap

Received 70 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by TipsyTonio
Hey guys. New to the forum. Long time Toyota/Lexus fan. Just wanted to share my experience. There are two dealers that I know of that will let you get on the IS500 wait list at MSRP. No Mark up. I’ve gotten on both.

Lexus of Concord in California
Lexus of Tampa Bay in Florida

In either case, the lists are rather short. Concord didn’t have much details and they didn’t require a deposit to get on the list. They did warn me that they charge MSRP but they tend to add protection packages to the car. So technically, basically a markup. Lexus of Tampa Bay on the other hand says absolutely no markup. I even got it in writing. They even let you order the Launch Edition if that’s your cup of tea, at MSRP. They write down your spec and your credit card number for a $500 refundable deposit. However, they do not charge you now. They won’t charge the $500 deposit until the order books open. Tampa Bay also told me you can order the car to exact spec that you want, unlike what others have been told where they’ve been basically told to settle for whatever the dealer gets. Feel free to contact them using the info below.

Lexus of Concord
Eric Da Silva
925-478-4611
ericdasilva@lexusofconcord.com

Lexus of Tampa Bay
John Taliaferro
727-504-1551
taliaferroj@autonation.com

Tell them Antonio M sent you. Let’s get these beauties.
thanks for the heads up, Antonio and welcome to the forum! personally, I'm already on 3 waitlists, 1 w/ a $500 deposit and 2 that did not require it. the 2 that didn't require a deposit said they would not mark up the vehicle, so, within the 3 dealers, I'm hopeful I will be able to snag a car to my liking, all within 50 miles of where I live. keep us posted if you get any additional info and so will the rest of us.
Old 06-11-21, 07:58 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Received 2,275 Likes on 1,046 Posts

Originally Posted by cremaster
thanks for the heads up, Antonio and welcome to the forum! personally, I'm already on 3 waitlists, 1 w/ a $500 deposit and 2 that did not require it. the 2 that didn't require a deposit said they would not mark up the vehicle, so, within the 3 dealers, I'm hopeful I will be able to snag a car to my liking, all within 50 miles of where I live. keep us posted if you get any additional info and so will the rest of us.
I’m glad you were able to find some at MSRP. It was actually your posts of dealers trying to shaft you with the wait lists that made me frantically call up all of the dealers in my area, and then some to get put on the list as I had originally inquired like 15 minutes after the car was announced lol. Unfortunately none of the ones in my region of South Florida are doing a list, and the closest one to me was the one in the Tampa region. I’ll most likely drop out from the California one as it’s very far. I thought about flying to get the car and then driving back, but it’s a 48 hour, 3000 mile trip back home and I’m not too sure about it lmao. I got in contact with Hendricks Lexus of Charlotte as well, and they told me they had a list and asked me if I wanted to be on it, but the moment I asked if they were selling at sticker or there was a markup, the general manager flaked on me and I haven’t heard back since.
Old 06-11-21, 08:04 PM
Shoeboy4
Intermediate

Received 511 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
Stay tuned...
Possible Lexus F Sport Performance Valvetronic exhaust like the aftermarket pieces they used to sell? Comparing the videos and pics of the tribute and launch/prototype the exhaust tips look the same. I personally would gladly pay the extra to get a Lexus made Valvetronic on this car
Old 06-11-21, 08:22 PM
cremaster
Lead Lap

I’m glad you were able to find some at MSRP. It was actually your posts of dealers trying to shaft you with the wait lists that made me frantically call up all of the dealers in my area, and then some to get put on the list as I had originally inquired like 15 minutes after the car was announced lol. Unfortunately none of the ones in my region of South Florida are doing a list, and the closest one to me was the one in the Tampa region. I’ll most likely drop out from the California one as it’s very far. I thought about flying to get the car and then driving back, but it’s a 48 hour, 3000 mile trip back home and I’m not too sure about it lmao. I got in contact with Hendricks Lexus of Charlotte as well, and they told me they had a list and asked me if I wanted to be on it, but the moment I asked if they were selling at sticker or there was a markup, the general manager flaked on me and I haven’t heard back since.
I also contemplated finding an out of state car but in all honesty, with 2 young kids, full time job, etc., I don/t have time flying out to look at a car, then arranging it to be shipped, or trying to drive the car back home. maybe I might save a couple grand? but my time is valuable and finding a car and closing the deal all within one day is ideal. I hear you. a lot of dealers in my area said they were not starting a waitlist, or they simply didn't return my calls or emails. such a mixed bag. I'm surprised the Florida dealerships didn't want to play ball as it has such a huge car scene. I just assumed there were plenty of Lexus dealerships that would be interested in procuring a prospective customer.
Old 06-11-21, 08:26 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Received 2,275 Likes on 1,046 Posts

Originally Posted by cremaster
I also contemplated finding an out of state car but in all honesty, with 2 young kids, full time job, etc., I don/t have time flying out to look at a car, then arranging it to be shipped, or trying to drive the car back home. maybe I might save a couple grand? but my time is valuable and finding a car and closing the deal all within one day is ideal. I hear you. a lot of dealers in my area said they were not starting a waitlist, or they simply didn't return my calls or emails. such a mixed bag. I'm surprised the Florida dealerships didn't want to play ball as it has such a huge car scene. I just assumed there were plenty of Lexus dealerships that would be interested in procuring a prospective customer.
oh don’t worry, they’re just waiting to shaft you with crazy markups the car gets state-side lol. South Florida dealers, with the exception of one or two are the absolute worst.

on another note, ummmmm, did you all just watch the 2022 NX reveal?!?! My oh my I wish the IS had all that tech inside!!! I thought I was gonna keep my IS500 toe a long time, but…… idk about that anymore lmao. Let’s see what the next Gen IS brings to the table.
Old 06-11-21, 08:41 PM
cremaster
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Shoeboy4
Possible Lexus F Sport Performance Valvetronic exhaust like the aftermarket pieces they used to sell? Comparing the videos and pics of the tribute and launch/prototype the exhaust tips look the same. I personally would gladly pay the extra to get a Lexus made Valvetronic on this car
I never knew Lexus offered a valvetronic exhaust. I opted out of the Porsche sports exhaust, which was about $2500 when I ordered my car, bc I knew I was gonna go with an aftermarket straight pipe system. I wonder how much Lexus will charge for a valvetronic system? I plan to do a custom TI straight pipe on the IS500 but still looking for additional quotes. I found one place but their quote was $$$$.
Old 06-11-21, 08:50 PM
Shoeboy4
Intermediate

Received 511 Likes on 182 Posts

They haven't offered Valvetronic before, but they used to offer F sport performance cat-back exhausts for prior generations. Maybe they bring it back for the performance versions
Old 06-11-21, 09:21 PM
cremaster
Lead Lap

oh don’t worry, they’re just waiting to shaft you with crazy markups the car gets state-side lol. South Florida dealers, with the exception of one or two are the absolute worst.

on another note, ummmmm, did you all just watch the 2022 NX reveal?!?! My oh my I wish the IS had all that tech inside!!! I thought I was gonna keep my IS500 toe a long time, but…… idk about that anymore lmao. Let’s see what the next Gen IS brings to the table.
yeah, saw a video on it but I'm not a huge tech guy. even with my Macan, I kept the build bare bones and more performance oriented. I'm getting the IS500 for the V8, the way the car looks, and Lexus reliability and fit and finish.
Old 06-11-21, 10:31 PM
Compromise
Intermediate

Received 415 Likes on 176 Posts

A little off topic, but I just saw the 2022 NX Interior update. Seems like Lexus will be transitioning (finally) to a more digital cockpit, planned for pretty much all the models by 2025. The 2022 IS500 will still have the older interior. Thoughts on the new interior? The larger screen is nice, but I don't think I'm a fan of how the controls are on screen. Wireless AppleCarplay and Android Auto sure is nice though.
Old 06-12-21, 07:46 AM
95bat
Racer

Received 1,311 Likes on 672 Posts

I really like the changes! It tempts me to wait for the 2023 model to see if it gets them.
Old 06-12-21, 02:17 PM
Kandyman1
Driver

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts

Opinions will certainly vary, but I’d say I am not a fan of that center stack. I like clean and functional layouts without all the unnecessary swoops and curves. It also does not seem symmetrically “balanced”. A screen that size should be part of an independent center stack and not sort of hanging off the drivers side dash, especially when the rest of the dash infront of the driver is not the same size.
The following users liked this post:
SeanSkiVT (08-09-21)
Old 06-13-21, 07:39 AM
95bat
Racer

Received 1,311 Likes on 672 Posts

I don't think they'd do that to the IS, I think they'd just update the OS on the infotainment system.
Old 06-14-21, 07:47 AM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,954 Likes on 1,046 Posts

I doubt the IS will ever get the updated NX interior. Lexus models rarely share interior designs, with exception of the RC and IS. Each model has its own unique design and the NX is a cross-over SUV so that's completely different altogether. Knowing that, it's safe to say the 2023 IS interior won't look like the 2022 NX (thank goodness). It'll probably be another 2-4 years before the IS gets an interior update, and it'll probably be subtle. Most likely, an OS upgrade on infotainment, possibly removal of the touchpad for 100% touchscreen, and maybe the color LED illuminated interior along the dash and door panels (that would be cool).
Old 06-14-21, 08:09 AM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,731 Likes on 1,900 Posts

Originally Posted by macmaster
I doubt the IS will ever get the updated NX interior. Lexus models rarely share interior designs, with exception of the RC and IS. Each model has its own unique design and the NX is a cross-over SUV so that's completely different altogether. Knowing that, it's safe to say the 2023 IS interior won't look like the 2022 NX (thank goodness). It'll probably be another 2-4 years before the IS gets an interior update, and it'll probably be subtle. Most likely, an OS upgrade on infotainment, possibly removal of the touchpad for 100% touchscreen, and maybe the color LED illuminated interior along the dash and door panels (that would be cool).
I'd say it'll be a brand-new IS by the time we get the updated infotainment in one. This looks to be a new operating system or framework compared to what's in the 3.5IS (whereas the 3.5IS's infotainment is like a heavy refresh of the existing infotainment software).

Love the interior lighting... Oddly enough that is a feature I had to give up when moving from my GLI to my IS. The wife's 330i has it (though, it's an optional feature rather than standard equipment).

Old 06-14-21, 08:57 AM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,954 Likes on 1,046 Posts

Originally Posted by arentz07
I'd say it'll be a brand-new IS by the time we get the updated infotainment in one.
That's somewhat disappointing to think about. I guess the current IS infotainment isn't missing out on much though. I couldn't care less about the GUI. At least it has Apple Carplay.

Last edited by macmaster; 06-14-21 at 09:04 AM.

Quick Reply: The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance