IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-22, 03:33 PM
is500le
Pit Crew

Received 140 Likes on 77 Posts

***Revision

If anyone knows of one that has been verified available let me know.
Old 03-19-22, 03:48 PM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by 95bat
I have to disagree with the steering being any type of value loss at all. I don't think future people will say, "No I don't want your car because it has slightly more numb steering."

I really don't get how people complain that you "can't feel the road" when I feel bumps and cracks in the steering wheel every day. Sometimes I think they're just echoing what more knowledgeable drivers say just to sound smarter. Obviously I don't agree with him. Who buys a Lexus then complains they can't feel the road? Maybe he should buy a Prius and complain that he can't beat a M5 from a dig.

Also, while PPF is expensive-ish, I did the ceramic on my car for a couple hundred bucks. Well worth the money even if I only keep the car a year. It saves me so much time when washing the vehicle which is worth the money to me.
Who are you using for ceramic coat? I am looking for one in Los Angeles for my new IS500
Old 03-19-22, 04:18 PM
95bat
Racer

Received 1,311 Likes on 672 Posts

Originally Posted by ryanSC300lover
Who are you using for ceramic coat? I am looking for one in Los Angeles for my new IS500
I did it myself. Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light with Gtechniq ExoV4 top coat. The Exo is a yearly application, CSL supposed to be 5 years. The Exo only took me about 2 hours to apply so I will gladly spend 2 hours a year for the car to be super glossy and save me ~30 min every time I wash the car. No scrubbing and super quick to dry compared to no coating. It is the easiest one I've ever done and looks the best too.
The following users liked this post:
DLPTony (03-20-22)
Old 03-19-22, 07:55 PM
giS
Intermediate

Received 670 Likes on 274 Posts

Originally Posted by wthrman2
giS and Shoeboy - Thanks to both of you for the welcome. I know some of my close contacts have been made aware but to be transparent with all forum members, in the end, I have proceeded with signing the deal on my white on red IS 500. The deal that I was given was too good to pass up given today's context and such. I was going through a bit of a challenging period but the dealer was extremely supportive and didn't put any pressure and in the end, I didn't want to have a small and less than ideal period get in the in teh way of owning this car. I know that in a couple of months from now, I would have regretted not getting it so I went ahead and glad I did.

I am hoping to have it delivered toward the end of next week or at the start of the following one. I'll keep you guys posted when it arrives.
we’re just glad you’re happy and most importantly healthy. Cheers friend 🍻
The following 3 users liked this post by giS:
Carolina50 (03-19-22), DLPTony (03-20-22), wthrman2 (03-20-22)
Old 03-20-22, 12:15 PM
CanuckIs
Driver

Received 123 Likes on 42 Posts

I have noticed in some test drive videos (mostly US) that the front and side cameras come on when the car is at a full stop say at a light. Say waiting to turn right at a light

Is that in the settings, something you can turn on or off?
Old 03-20-22, 12:19 PM
Answer
Instructor

Received 831 Likes on 404 Posts

Originally Posted by CanuckIs
I have noticed in some test drive videos (mostly US) that the front and side cameras come on when the car is at a full stop say at a light. Say waiting to turn right at a light

Is that in the settings, something you can turn on or off?
Push the camera switch on the left of the steering (where ASC and windshield defrost is), that should get you started. It's coming on a slow speeds, something like under 10 km/h.
CanuckIs (03-21-22)
Old 03-20-22, 01:50 PM
whothat
5th Gear

Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Feeling disheartened

Been almost a year and I'm still waiting to get this car and feel like giving up.
In all honesty I did pass on a white color (in Jan) as neither me nor my wife prefer that color. But I was hoping to see another allocation in a month or two and have not seen any new IS500 allocated at my dealership (they had promised to not add any markup, bless them). In California the dealerships have now gotten territorial and any dealer who does not add markup is not allowed to sell to customers outside their designated area. Somehow those who do add markup have no such restriction, this all feels kinda illegal. It is certainly unfair and immoral.
Some of them are asking 15 - 20k. I get that business has been tight, but is there any proof that these markups are saving any dealerships from going out of business?
Out of state is not a real option anymore. I'm expecting a kid next month and I don't want to risk travel at this point. I was hoping to bring the baby home in the new car, but that won't happen unless there's a miracle. On the positive side - I won't be driving much for 2-3 months with a new baby 😅.
Anyway, thanks all for reading. I just wanted to get this off my chest.
The following 7 users liked this post by whothat:
Answer (03-20-22), arentz07 (03-20-22), Carolina50 (03-20-22), DLPTony (03-20-22), LH1 (03-20-22), topdunn (03-20-22), wthrman2 (03-20-22) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 03-20-22, 02:20 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,954 Likes on 1,046 Posts

Originally Posted by whothat
Been almost a year and I'm still waiting to get this car and feel like giving up.
In all honesty I did pass on a white color (in Jan) as neither me nor my wife prefer that color. But I was hoping to see another allocation in a month or two and have not seen any new IS500 allocated at my dealership (they had promised to not add any markup, bless them). In California the dealerships have now gotten territorial and any dealer who does not add markup is not allowed to sell to customers outside their designated area. Somehow those who do add markup have no such restriction, this all feels kinda illegal. It is certainly unfair and immoral.
Some of them are asking 15 - 20k. I get that business has been tight, but is there any proof that these markups are saving any dealerships from going out of business?
Out of state is not a real option anymore. I'm expecting a kid next month and I don't want to risk travel at this point. I was hoping to bring the baby home in the new car, but that won't happen unless there's a miracle. On the positive side - I won't be driving much for 2-3 months with a new baby 😅.
where do you live (I do not need the exact address) and what color do you want. I will hook you up.
whothat (03-20-22)
Old 03-20-22, 02:38 PM
whothat
5th Gear

I'm in San Francisco Bay Area.
Colors: USB (preferred) or Infrared
DLPTony (03-20-22)
Old 03-20-22, 02:39 PM
whothat
5th Gear

Originally Posted by macmaster
where do you live (I do not need the exact address) and what color do you want. I will hook you up.
I'm in San Francisco Bay Area.
Colors: USB (preferred) or Infrared
Old 03-20-22, 03:02 PM
giS
Intermediate

Received 670 Likes on 274 Posts

don’t let the dealerships fool you about business being “tight”. Dealerships are making more money now with less inventory than they have ever made.

I hope you get one soon.
The following 5 users liked this post by giS:
95bat (03-20-22), Carolina50 (03-20-22), DLPTony (03-20-22), topdunn (03-20-22), whothat (03-20-22)
Old 03-20-22, 03:18 PM
GoHorns
Pit Crew

Received 199 Likes on 60 Posts

I'm going stir crazy. I've had the car for almost two weeks now, but have barely driven it. Paint correction, tint, PPF, and ceramic is on Monday, and they will have the car for about a week. Just didn't want to get a paint chip on the front. So I've been waiting it out.

I saw a 21 IS350 in my neighborhood today. It was Grecian Water. Call me crazy, but I love the color. Looks like crap on a computer, but great IRL. It is not understated.
The following 6 users liked this post by GoHorns:
arentz07 (03-20-22), Carolina50 (03-20-22), DLPTony (03-20-22), giS (03-20-22), topdunn (03-20-22), whothat (03-20-22) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 03-20-22, 04:35 PM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Received 3,958 Likes on 1,825 Posts

Out of state is not a real option anymore. I'm expecting a kid next month and I don't want to risk travel at this point. I was hoping to bring the baby home in the new car, but that won't happen unless there's a miracle.
1. Don’t give up!!!
2. Congrats on the baby!
3. If you’re not able to find a car until after the baby arrives, then contact Shannon Brown @ Eskridge Lexus. Their ability to ****** up cars (no markups) is extremely impressive.

405-755-9000
405-486-3164
sbrown@eskridgelexus.motosnap.com

4. Lastly…whoohoo!…another #BlueCrew (hopefully) member!!

Several of us have gotten close to the water’s edge of saying ‘Eff-it’, but hung in there and it worked out.

Stay strong…
The following 4 users liked this post by DLPTony:
Carolina50 (03-20-22), giS (03-20-22), whothat (03-20-22), wthrman2 (03-20-22)
Old 03-20-22, 04:56 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,685 Likes on 1,783 Posts

^^ Time to update your signature my friend
whothat (03-20-22)
Old 03-20-22, 05:01 PM
whothat
5th Gear

Originally Posted by DLPTony
1. Don’t give up!!!
2. Congrats on the baby!
3. If you’re not able to find a car until after the baby arrives, then contact Shannon Brown @ Eskridge Lexus. Their ability to ****** up cars (no markups) is extremely impressive.

405-755-9000
405-486-3164
sbrown@eskridgelexus.motosnap.com

4. Lastly…whoohoo!…another #BlueCrew (hopefully) member!!

Several of us have gotten close to the water’s edge of saying ‘Eff-it’, but hung in there and it worked out.

Stay strong…
Thanks! I think I'm getting too worked up with a new Toyota production cut news every other day.
I need to remind myself - I won't be able to enjoy driving much for next ~3-4 months at least coz of new baby!
giS (03-20-22)

Quick Reply: The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance