IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-22, 04:53 PM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Received 3,958 Likes on 1,825 Posts

Originally Posted by CanuckIs
^ That looks wicked together.

Did my first long distance drive with the car yesterday. What a pleasant long distance cruiser. I always thought I was not a tech guy but the active steering…
They really looked cool. I agree, total cruiser!
The following users liked this post:
giS (03-31-22)
Old 03-31-22, 05:12 PM
DLPTony
Pole Position

I noticed the posts went dark too. I’m hoping everyone is out and about, I’m pushing almost 1700 miles on mine! 😜

Went to Arby’s for lunch (quick cheat day) and was flagged down by a guy. He wanted to talk about the car for awhile. Gotta sit and chat with fellow Lexus Enthusiasts. Like several of us, he has owned several Lexus cars and had no intention of buying new until the IS 500 was released. The horror stories he told about area dealers….yikes. Crazy markups, crazy in-house interest rates, refusing outside financing, etc.
The following 2 users liked this post by DLPTony:
AJinDFW (03-31-22), giS (03-31-22)
Old 03-31-22, 06:11 PM
AJinDFW
Pit Crew

Received 206 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by DLPTony
I noticed the posts went dark too. I’m hoping everyone is out and about, I’m pushing almost 1700 miles on mine! 😜

Went to Arby’s for lunch (quick cheat day) and was flagged down by a guy. He wanted to talk about the car for awhile. Gotta sit and chat with fellow Lexus Enthusiasts. Like several of us, he has owned several Lexus cars and had no intention of buying new until the IS 500 was released. The horror stories he told about area dealers….yikes. Crazy markups, crazy in-house interest rates, refusing outside financing, etc.
Brah how long have you had the car? I got mine Jan 8 and I’m up to 3300 miles. Busy as heck, still haven’t gotten my PPF done.
The following 2 users liked this post by AJinDFW:
DLPTony (04-01-22), giS (03-31-22)
Old 03-31-22, 07:08 PM
Kanpai
Instructor

Received 974 Likes on 465 Posts

So you had the meats and us non-owners get the regreats.
DLPTony (04-01-22)
Old 03-31-22, 09:12 PM
Renault
Intermediate

Received 278 Likes on 140 Posts

I just hit 1000 miles today, then on the drive home from work there's a nice section of road that doesn't have too much traffic and turning onto this road I used the manual mode for the first time today and took it to redline. Definitely a great feeling, makes me glad I chose this vehicle and made the effort to ensure I got it.
The following 4 users liked this post by Renault:
Carolina50 (04-01-22), DLPTony (04-01-22), GoHorns (03-31-22), topdunn (04-01-22)
Old 04-01-22, 05:09 AM
CanuckIs
Driver

Received 123 Likes on 42 Posts

Definitely busy enjoying! (3,000 kms or 1900 miles) since 2/23.

Booked summer tire swap for next week.
The following 2 users liked this post by CanuckIs:
AJinDFW (04-01-22), DLPTony (04-01-22)
Old 04-01-22, 05:26 AM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,954 Likes on 1,046 Posts

I work from home, so most of the driving is to the gym and it’s a 16 mile round trip. I get to stretch his legs on the weekends.
Interesting, I built a home gym and work out at home but my work is 16 miles round trip. Lol.
DLPTony (04-01-22)
Old 04-01-22, 05:47 AM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CanuckIs
Definitely busy enjoying! (3,000 kms or 1900 miles) since 2/23.

Booked summer tire swap for next week.
Lord…I’m trying to hold out until June, but I don’t think I’ll make it. I won’t denigrate the Bridgestones too much because they are the space between me and the road! 😜 However…the slippage off the line seriously grates on my nerves. I need my Pilot Sport 4S’ back. Which set are you getting?

Originally Posted by macmaster
Interesting, I built a home gym and work out at home but my work is 16 miles round trip. Lol.
LOL!! That’s cosmically cool.

Originally Posted by topdunn

Thinking about it Given the blue- what about STREAK
@DLPTony ... did you?
::sigh:: That’s what I really REALLY wanted, but every iteration I could come up with was taken. BluStreak is his name of course. So I settled on my second choice: IS 500 😈
giS (04-02-22)
Old 04-01-22, 06:46 AM
cajun
Pit Crew

Received 145 Likes on 59 Posts

Picked up the Iridium with Circuit Red in January and have 2400 miles. Roadtrips forthcoming... (smile)
The following 3 users liked this post by cajun:
Carolina50 (04-01-22), DLPTony (04-01-22), giS (04-02-22)
Old 04-01-22, 06:58 AM
martkat
Pit Crew

Received 122 Likes on 71 Posts

Haha - For me a cheat meal soon becomes day, then weekend so I try to hold true to 1 off plan meal every 10-14 days. I weigh all my food and pretty much keep to my macros for all 6 meals every day. I work from home when not traveling and train here too with a fairly good home gym. Got goals - which hopefully will include an IS 500? Maybe I have to hit 10% BF before my GW becomes available (@ MSPR)?
Old 04-01-22, 07:04 AM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Originally Posted by wthrman2
I have always had my personalized plates on my toys Not sure I would want to have a tag that says "Streak" (lol) - That could create the wrong impression (lol)
HA! HA! HA! Lord help you. 😂

Originally Posted by drawg22
I got personalized tags. I was thinking of getting NOTAV6, but I went more personal and got KU USMC
I think that’s cooler. 😎 #MilitaryFamily

Originally Posted by cajun
Picked up the Iridium with Circuit Red in January and have 2400 miles. Roadtrips forthcoming... (smile)
Nice!! The road trip from OKC to ATL was more than enough for me, for quite sometime. I rather stick to my known stomping grounds where I know the speed traps are historically set. ::heehee::

Wish I got BluStrk on my ‘16 350 USB, but I farted around, never got it, and I lost out for the transfer.
Old 04-01-22, 07:09 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,685 Likes on 1,783 Posts

^^ Advice, don't settle for BluFlame especially after you said that you were farting around (lol)

I really can't wait to get mine out this weekend, likely Sunday if all goes well weather-wise. Last night, I watched the release video that Lexus published back in February of 2021 and I recall the excitement seeing it and was like "Whooa I have to get one of those" and never thought I would have one. I even went in my garage last evening after watching the video and just admiring in disbelief I have this piece of GEM in my garage...
The following 3 users liked this post by wthrman2:
Carolina50 (04-01-22), DLPTony (04-01-22), giS (04-02-22)
Old 04-01-22, 08:35 AM
95bat
Racer

Received 1,311 Likes on 672 Posts

I have separation anxiety already and I'm barely getting window tint done on Saturday! I don't think I could leave mine for days or weeks at a shop lol

After the dealer took my C7 on a joy ride I lost all faith in people the be honest and respect my property I guess that's just the California way, not many trustworthy shops here.

I think I am doing 5% tint on the back windows and either 50% or 70% on the front windows. They have the fancy XPEL ceramic tint, has anyone done that before? It is 2x the cost, not sure if it's worth it.
Old 04-01-22, 08:58 AM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Originally Posted by brunnesa
I just got my personalized tag yesterday.
Oh that’s super cool! I’m a little jealous, because it’s super exclusive.

Originally Posted by wthrman2
Mine just reads WTHRMAN which gets a lot of attention but since I am only driving my car on nice weather days, it is usually a lot of "thumbs up" (lol)

I do not remember seeing seeing the car in your garage, it looks right at home! 👏🏽

I have gone back through the IS 500 videos too and get re-excited all over again. For one, I can’t believe this journey started a whole year ago. For two, I’m still amazed/shocked to have gotten the car at MSRP and in my preferred spec. For three and I don’t know where to put this feeling, I am way less impressed with other cars on the road.

I’m a terrible human…
The following 2 users liked this post by DLPTony:
brunnesa (04-01-22), wthrman2 (04-01-22)
Old 04-01-22, 09:02 AM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 95bat
I have separation anxiety already and I'm barely getting window tint done on Saturday! I don't think I could leave mine for days or weeks at a shop lol

After the dealer took my C7 on a joy ride I lost all faith in people the be honest and respect my property I guess that's just the California way, not many trustworthy shops here.
On the app, you can limit the speed and distance the valet/guest can drive.

I haven’t read up on it completely, so I don’t know what happens when the range has been met. E.g. Will it pull off to the side and stop? Or send a text? 😜

…but I’m right there with you. I do not trust anyone.

Quick Reply: The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance