IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-22, 02:54 PM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Received 3,958 Likes on 1,825 Posts

Originally Posted by 95bat
LOL I suck at being subtle, I might laminate a sign and hang it from the rear view mirror!
BWAHAHAHA!! That’s actually a brilliant idea.

Originally Posted by Carolina50
GoBag!!!!!!! 😂😂😂😂
💙💙💙💙
It’s true.

Ready, Set, and MF’n GOOOOO!! 😂
The following users liked this post:
Carolina50 (04-01-22)
Old 04-01-22, 03:06 PM
tapjoy
Pit Crew

Received 102 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by TipsyTonio
In technicalities, the IS500 is just a trim of the IS, not a full independent model like the RC-F is and the GS-F was. And the IS sold 21,998 cars in 2021 alone and 4,462 cars to date in 2022.
Stop moving the goalposts… in technicalities all the models you listed were trim variants of the RC/F, GS/F, and LC. The ISF is not the same as the IS500 and neither are the same as an IS350. To say that they’re all the same defeats the argument that Fuji speedway RCF is different from a standard RCF.

Personally, I’ve seen one other IS500 and it was not a launch edition.
giS (04-02-22)
Old 04-01-22, 03:45 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,954 Likes on 1,046 Posts

Originally Posted by tapjoy
Stop moving the goalposts… in technicalities all the models you listed were trim variants of the RC/F, GS/F, and LC. The ISF is not the same as the IS500 and neither are the same as an IS350. To say that they’re all the same defeats the argument that Fuji speedway RCF is different from a standard RCF.

Personally, I’ve seen one other IS500 and it was not a launch edition.
I was thinking the same thing but Tony is right that Lexus doesn’t break down production numbers between engine variants. It’s confusing what Lexus considers different models, because if you go to their website the IS500 is distinguished as a Performance model.

Technicalities aside, if you go to cars.com, autotrader.com, or anything like that they do list engine variants. However they don’t distinguish special editions.
Old 04-01-22, 08:46 PM
Renault
Intermediate

Received 278 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by 95bat
I have separation anxiety already and I'm barely getting window tint done on Saturday! I don't think I could leave mine for days or weeks at a shop lol

After the dealer took my C7 on a joy ride I lost all faith in people the be honest and respect my property I guess that's just the California way, not many trustworthy shops here.

I think I am doing 5% tint on the back windows and either 50% or 70% on the front windows. They have the fancy XPEL ceramic tint, has anyone done that before? It is 2x the cost, not sure if it's worth it.
Hah, glad I'm not the only one with anxiety. I took a picture of the people and place I dropped it off at, which now that nothing happened I feel might have been seen as rude... But at the time the location had no markings on the building that it was a tint place. I checked the mileage on the app to make sure they didn't drive it around each night. Then after all was said and done I thought to myself these people work on much more expensive cars... Why was I so paranoid? I at least left them a good review and in all my verbal interactions was very kind.

I went with Xpel PPF, Tint, and Ceramic coat for no other reason that I'm Obsessive compulsive personality and wanted them to all be the same and have the warranty from the same company. So far the quality seems very good 👍
The following 2 users liked this post by Renault:
Carolina50 (04-02-22), DLPTony (04-02-22)
Old 04-02-22, 03:35 AM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Renault
Then after all was said and done I thought to myself these people work on much more expensive cars... Why was I so paranoid? I at least left them a good review
You’ll find *no* judgment here. 😂👍🏽

I buy replacement tires from TireRack, have them delivered home (the building’s concierge hate it), put hidden marks on all 4, and take them to Lexus for installation. Better to be overly vigilant than under, think I saw that on a cereal box somewhere. 😉
Old 04-02-22, 06:02 AM
95bat
Racer

Received 1,311 Likes on 672 Posts

Originally Posted by Renault
Hah, glad I'm not the only one with anxiety. I took a picture of the people and place I dropped it off at, which now that nothing happened I feel might have been seen as rude... But at the time the location had no markings on the building that it was a tint place. I checked the mileage on the app to make sure they didn't drive it around each night. Then after all was said and done I thought to myself these people work on much more expensive cars... Why was I so paranoid? I at least left them a good review and in all my verbal interactions was very kind.

I went with Xpel PPF, Tint, and Ceramic coat for no other reason that I'm Obsessive compulsive personality and wanted them to all be the same and have the warranty from the same company. So far the quality seems very good 👍
That is generally how it goes for me too, but that one time... I was seeing red so bright if I was at the dealer and not home when I checked the videos I'd probably have gotten arrested.
Originally Posted by DLPTony
You’ll find *no* judgment here. 😂👍🏽

I buy replacement tires from TireRack, have them delivered home (the building’s concierge hate it), put hidden marks on all 4, and take them to Lexus for installation. Better to be overly vigilant than under, think I saw that on a cereal box somewhere. 😉
That is a great idea lol
The following 2 users liked this post by 95bat:
DLPTony (04-02-22), giS (04-02-22)
Old 04-02-22, 07:16 AM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Had a neighbor compliment the exhaust tone this morning. Said he exited the building as I turned and drove up the street. He mused at how nice the car sounded, which kind of shocked me. From how the reviewers went on and on about the muted sound from the outside, I thought the car didn’t audibly register. I never intended to upgrade the exhaust anyway, but I’m definitely not now! My baby can be heard a block away. 😈 #TeamStock
The following 3 users liked this post by DLPTony:
Carolina50 (04-02-22), giS (04-02-22), wthrman2 (04-02-22)
Old 04-02-22, 07:19 AM
giS
Intermediate

Received 670 Likes on 274 Posts

Originally Posted by DLPTony
Had a neighbor compliment the exhaust tone this morning. Said he exited the building as I turned and drove up the street. He mused at how nice the car sounded, which kind of shocked me. From how the reviewers went on and on about the muted sound from the outside, I thought the car didn’t audibly register. I never intended to upgrade the exhaust anyway, but I’m definitely not now! My baby can be heard a block away. 😈 #TeamStock
i always keep the drivers side door open when I cold start. The growl the engine puts out, is my cup of coffee!
The following 3 users liked this post by giS:
Carolina50 (04-02-22), DLPTony (04-02-22), wthrman2 (04-02-22)
Old 04-02-22, 07:37 AM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Originally Posted by giS
i always keep the drivers side door open when I cold start. The growl the engine puts out, is my cup of coffee!
When I haven’t used the remote start, I’ll do the same! 😜 It sounds so good, but I didn’t realize it was audible when I’m out and about. Tried to listen with the windows down, but all I heard was the engine. (ASC was off.)
The following 2 users liked this post by DLPTony:
giS (04-02-22), wthrman2 (04-02-22)
Old 04-02-22, 12:56 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,685 Likes on 1,783 Posts

This may be a dumb question but in the configuration menu, there is an option for the light sensor sensitivity, but doesnt explain what the settings actually mean. Would a -2 mean it is less sensitive and would turn the headlights less rapidly, in other words, the sensor is less sensitive and doesnt require as much light to trip the headlights.

The reason I ask is that I hate that when I have my garage door open and start my car, the headlights turn on for like 5 sec before turning off when I pull out (of my garage lol)

Thoughts? Or I should set it to plus 2 but my instinct says -2 rather than +2
Old 04-02-22, 01:28 PM
Nvicta
Pit Crew

Received 197 Likes on 67 Posts

I’m hesitant to buy any aftermarket exhaust augmentations. It would be great to sample any of the aftermarket versions in person but with the numbers of these cars in circulation, that will be a rare chance.

I love the tone but fear anything added or swapped will vastly alter the personality. I don’t want to sound like a young kid’s car.. just a tad more volume of exactly what it has would be nice. Too bad there isn’t an active valve.
The following 4 users liked this post by Nvicta:
DLPTony (04-02-22), Kanpai (04-03-22), martkat (04-02-22), wthrman2 (04-02-22)
Old 04-02-22, 01:31 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,954 Likes on 1,046 Posts

Originally Posted by wthrman2
This may be a dumb question but in the configuration menu, there is an option for the light sensor sensitivity, but doesnt explain what the settings actually mean. Would a -2 mean it is less sensitive and would turn the headlights less rapidly, in other words, the sensor is less sensitive and doesnt require as much light to trip the headlights.

The reason I ask is that I hate that when I have my garage door open and start my car, the headlights turn on for like 5 sec before turning off when I pull out (of my garage lol)

Thoughts? Or I should set it to plus 2 but my instinct says -2 rather than +2
Ok I had the exact same question but thinking about it too hard even now makes my brain hurt. Here's my answer: I like my headlights on LESS (saves electricity) as in, when it's sunny outside I want my headlights on AUTO but for them to be off. I turned the sensitivity to -2 and have gotten the results I want. Yes my headlights turn on in my garage as they always did when they were in auto, but as soon as I pull outside into the sunlight or even overcast, they turn off. Before when the sensitivity was centered at 0, they would stay on. That's all I know.

Summary: I believe that (-) means less headlight, and (+) means headlights on more often. I could be wrong though.
wthrman2 (04-02-22)
Old 04-02-22, 01:35 PM
Answer
Instructor

Received 831 Likes on 404 Posts

I'll also go with -2 then! I've got the same pet peave as wthrman2! lol!
In Canada, we don't have the Off option anymore on the headlights, so they pretty much are always on auto.

Edit: since we're talking about sensitivity, -2 would mean less sensitive so it makes sense
wthrman2 (04-02-22)
Old 04-02-22, 02:54 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,685 Likes on 1,783 Posts

macmaster and answer - Thank you both for confirming my thought is on the correct path. I never had noticed this adjustment on my 2021 IS 350 so I never was able to experiment so I will see what happens when I leave my garage tomorrow. I may have to revert to keeping my spotlight in the car and just shine the light on the sensor before I start the car and when I back it in, it would avoid this peeve of mine. I know, I am quirky as heck but I don't hurt anyone doing so (lol)

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/m...8987p.html#plp

Old 04-02-22, 03:25 PM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Thought you guys would find this funny…

The following 5 users liked this post by DLPTony:
Answer (04-02-22), giS (04-02-22), Kanpai (04-03-22), Nvicta (04-02-22), wthrman2 (04-02-22)

Quick Reply: The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance