IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-21, 07:19 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by Compromise
My dealership just told me they'll be getting #44 LE..
That's great news! Which dealer did you put your deposit at?
Old 07-25-21, 03:47 PM
cremaster
Lead Lap

Received 70 Likes on 35 Posts

just uploaded.

The following 2 users liked this post by cremaster:
DLPTony (07-26-21), Shoeboy4 (07-25-21)
Old 07-25-21, 05:51 PM
Squischer
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Does anyone know what the production run for the non-LE version will be? A set number? Years?
Old 07-28-21, 06:25 AM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,957 Likes on 1,048 Posts

Local dealer just told me yesterday I’d be the first on the list for one of these if I put down a deposit. LOL. And here we are talking about paying premiums? Are we sure these are going to be as popular as we’re saying? Not gonna lie, part of me didn’t want one as much after she said that.
Old 07-28-21, 06:58 AM
Racer00J
Intermediate

Received 264 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Squischer
Does anyone know what the production run for the non-LE version will be? A set number? Years?
I'm not sure if it'll be limited to numbers like the LE, but it probably won't be more than 5 years or so. *shrug* With the inevitable rise of electric vehicles, I just don't see a vehicle like the IS500 having a long production run.

I know it's early, but I'm really curious to see what the rest of this new "F Sport Performance" line will be.
Old 07-28-21, 08:55 AM
cremaster
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by macmaster
Local dealer just told me yesterday I’d be the first on the list for one of these if I put down a deposit. LOL. And here we are talking about paying premiums? Are we sure these are going to be as popular as we’re saying? Not gonna lie, part of me didn’t want one as much after she said that.
at the end of the day, no one knows how these will sell. even with all the comments all over the internet w/ people praising Lexus for going big and against the grain, people saying how badly they want the car, etc., etc., a lot of people say a lot of **** online and may never actually buy one. w/ gas prices inching towards $5/gallon, at least here in Socal, a gas guzzling V8 may not be the wisest choice. my wife thinks I'm crazy but she also knows I've always wanted to get back into another V8 so she knows I'm dead set on this car. sounds like this isn't the car for you.
Old 07-28-21, 09:06 AM
whoismiked
Advanced

Received 286 Likes on 193 Posts

You could always take your own advice then?

Every one of you complaining should buy a used GS F. Done..
Old 07-28-21, 11:36 AM
macmaster
Pole Position

Originally Posted by cremaster
at the end of the day, no one knows how these will sell. even with all the comments all over the internet w/ people praising Lexus for going big and against the grain, people saying how badly they want the car, etc., etc., a lot of people say a lot of **** online and may never actually buy one.
I totally agree. Almost every comment on YouTube is "this is my next car." How many people can really afford a $60k car?

I also think some discretion is advised when people are clamoring that this is an "instant classic," and will appreciate or hold its value for decades. Typically when people think something will be a future collector's item, it rarely ever is. It's the things nobody wants at the time that become valuable.
Old 07-28-21, 04:43 PM
TGPCanada
Intermediate

Received 800 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by cremaster
at the end of the day, no one knows how these will sell. even with all the comments all over the internet w/ people praising Lexus for going big and against the grain, people saying how badly they want the car, etc., etc., a lot of people say a lot of **** online and may never actually buy one. w/ gas prices inching towards $5/gallon, at least here in Socal, a gas guzzling V8 may not be the wisest choice. my wife thinks I'm crazy but she also knows I've always wanted to get back into another V8 so she knows I'm dead set on this car. sounds like this isn't the car for you.
​​​​​​You can probably list 100 reasons why not to buy the IS500 (probably will be way overpriced, gas hoarding V8, only RWD available (I'm in Southern Ontario), higher insurance, etc etc etc ).

On the other hand... . V8 decibels, looks like the alien from the 1987 Predator movie, will be very exclusive, will turn heads , will be fast, will be a beast of all beasts , etc etc etc .

My dealer says very limited production in Canada, very limited. Nobody here even buys the IS350. It's all 300s you see. I'm actually surprised they are even offering it in Canada. Although I guess it's not much of a stretch for Lexus to do that as opposed to other countries.
Old 07-28-21, 09:02 PM
cremaster
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TGPCanada
​​​​​​You can probably list 100 reasons why not to buy the IS500 (probably will be way overpriced, gas hoarding V8, only RWD available (I'm in Southern Ontario), higher insurance, etc etc etc ).

On the other hand... . V8 decibels, looks like the alien from the 1987 Predator movie, will be very exclusive, will turn heads , will be fast, will be a beast of all beasts , etc etc etc .

My dealer says very limited production in Canada, very limited. Nobody here even buys the IS350. It's all 300s you see. I'm actually surprised they are even offering it in Canada. Although I guess it's not much of a stretch for Lexus to do that as opposed to other countries.
agree. this will be a very niche vehicle that will be sought after by those specifically seeking it but if the price is too high for those that actually want it, that limited run will really be true to its word.
Old 07-29-21, 03:49 AM
LexusfanVA
Instructor

Received 262 Likes on 159 Posts

Perhaps some who were on the fence about IS500 vs TLX-S will swing to the Lexus too. Looks like it’s a very underwhelming 280whp “competitor”
Old 07-29-21, 07:57 AM
95bat
Racer

Received 1,329 Likes on 681 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusfanVA
Perhaps some who were on the fence about IS500 vs TLX-S will swing to the Lexus too. Looks like it’s a very underwhelming 280whp “competitor” https://youtu.be/xLo95V8Lnqs
Ouch, 20% drivetrain loss... that is pretty high for newer cars.
Old 07-29-21, 02:10 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

TLX-S isn’t even on the same league as IS500 who’s comparing these two cars not even close?
The following 2 users liked this post by dojoman:
DLPTony (07-29-21), whoismiked (07-29-21)
Old 07-29-21, 02:12 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Several places have compared them. I refuse to repost the clickbaiter on YT.
The following users liked this post:
DLPTony (07-29-21)
Old 07-29-21, 02:43 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

Originally Posted by dojoman
TLX-S isn’t even on the same league as IS500 who’s comparing these two cars not even close?
That Raiti's Rides guy, who posts the same videos every day.
"Is the LEXUS IS500 a BETTER car than the TLX Type S???"
"Is this the BEST Jaguar Type F EVER on the market???"
"Is my Youtube Channel SUPER SUPER lame???"

Yes, don't care, yes.
The following 2 users liked this post by macmaster:
DLPTony (07-29-21), Racer00J (07-31-21)

Quick Reply: The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance