IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-21, 09:16 AM
95bat
Racer

Received 1,329 Likes on 681 Posts

Originally Posted by DLPTony
Ah…didn’t catch the plates. I’m constantly scanning vids and mentions of the IS500 and I’ve only seen three stateside: the Infrared, Vasser Sullivan, and Cloudburst grey variants.
A few pages back, The Smoking Tire posted a blue one. I saw a blue IS350 F Sport in person and couldn't take my eyes off of it... I am tempted to pass up on the LE to get blue, but not sure yet. I had a gray Corvette and grew tired of the gray.
Originally Posted by macmaster
I think I’ve seen a blue one too. That clip confirms though I don’t want iridium anymore. Doesnt match the wheels. Nice shade for most lexuses but doesn’t work with the menacing V8 for me, though it would truly be a sleeper. Still undecided on color, but the incognito grows on me the more I consider it’s exclusivity. Really wish they offered flare yellow..
I have been thinking the same thing, a 1/500 incognito gray would be really cool even though I'm ready for a blue car again. I like the wheels on the LE more too.
The following users liked this post:
DLPTony (08-08-21)
Old 08-08-21, 09:26 AM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Received 3,993 Likes on 1,844 Posts

Originally Posted by 95bat
A few pages back, The Smoking Tire posted a blue one. I saw a blue IS350 F Sport in person and couldn't take my eyes off of it... I am tempted to pass up on the LE to get blue, but not sure yet. I had a gray Corvette and grew tired of the gray.

I have been thinking the same thing, a 1/500 incognito gray would be really cool even though I'm ready for a blue car again. I like the wheels on the LE more too.
My heart is set on Ultrasonic Blue, basically keeping the color combo I have now. I’ll forgo the red interior, but only if I have to. 😉
Old 08-08-21, 10:21 AM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,957 Likes on 1,048 Posts

Originally Posted by DLPTony
My heart is set on Ultrasonic Blue, basically keeping the color combo I have now. I’ll forgo the red interior, but only if I have to. 😉
USB would match the IS500 wheels the best I think and it’s also one of my top choices, ever since it was first on the ISF. But nowadays it’s such a common color see it on every civic. Same even goes for incognito.

Last edited by macmaster; 08-08-21 at 10:25 AM.
DLPTony (08-08-21)
Old 08-08-21, 12:06 PM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Received 3,993 Likes on 1,844 Posts

USB would match the IS500 wheels the best I think and it’s also one of my top choices, ever since it was first on the ISF. But nowadays it’s such a common color see it on every civic. Same even goes for incognito.
Agreed…it concerns me a little. Blue IS’ weren’t all that common either, but now there’s a ton. I’d like to think Lexus’ finish will remain at the top, but it’ll be a 500. 😜
Old 08-08-21, 05:46 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,692 Likes on 1,785 Posts

I am really looking forward to seeing the IS500 in white
Shoeboy4 (08-08-21)
Old 08-08-21, 05:59 PM
Shoeboy4
Intermediate

Received 512 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by wthrman2
Same, we have seen almost every color except a white one.
Old 08-09-21, 12:49 AM
sw2oboi
Lead Lap

Received 74 Likes on 38 Posts

look at the reg is350 fsport and use your imagination lol. I know it’s not the same, but I personally put the is500 (red )and is350fsport (white) side by side and it’s very minor in differences. Disappointing imo. I walked past the is500 mistaken for a reg fsport.

Rear quads are the biggest giveaway, blacked out window trim instead of the chrome isn’t too noticeable but definitely gives the car a cleaner more modern look and hood bulge obviously. The rear diffuser extends a little bit lower to line up with the stacked quads. This also gives it a more modern look.

All in all, the is500 really blends in with their fsport line. True sleeper.
Old 08-09-21, 01:01 AM
sw2oboi
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Racer00J
It's not their original video. It's a teaser clip of a press car being reviewed by TFL Car. They'll probably release the full video after the embargo hold.
​​​​​​
All the IS500 press cars seem to have TX plates on them.
its a mfg car, they have Texas mfg plates. You will see a lot of these kinda cars around SoCal too. Got to see it in person before Lexus Corp picked it up. Silver, Grecian, red are out there
Old 08-09-21, 08:48 AM
SeanSkiVT
Driver School Candidate

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

With the deposit you can keep passing on trim/colors until they get the one you like. So even if they're clueless as long as they honor your place in line it should be fine. Which 2 dealers are you working with? You can PM me if you prefer.
I just met with the dealership where I have my deposit this past Friday, and we built the car together with the options I wanted. It was pretty much what another poster explained a couple of months back, but they told me that when they get the allocation and send the order it will get either accepted or rejected by manufacturing, and if it's rejected they'll tell us why and we can change as necessary. He didn't think my build would be a problem though. Infrared over Black NuLuxe, Nav, Mark Levinson Audio, Triple-Beam LED, and sunroof (which I was on the fence about deleting).

Also, they confirmed that the price I'll pay will be MSRP with no additional markup, which I'm happy with. Can't wait for it to come in!
The following 3 users liked this post by SeanSkiVT:
DLPTony (08-09-21), sw2oboi (08-09-21), wthrman2 (08-09-21)
Old 08-09-21, 08:50 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sw2oboi
look at the reg is350 fsport and use your imagination lol. I know it’s not the same, but I personally put the is500 (red )and is350fsport (white) side by side and it’s very minor in differences. Disappointing imo. I walked past the is500 mistaken for a reg fsport.

Rear quads are the biggest giveaway, blacked out window trim instead of the chrome isn’t too noticeable but definitely gives the car a cleaner more modern look and hood bulge obviously. The rear diffuser extends a little bit lower to line up with the stacked quads. This also gives it a more modern look.

All in all, the is500 really blends in with their fsport line. True sleeper.
I agree that the difference is subtle. I currently have the 2021 IS350 F Sport but they have my order for a white on white IS500 - I am curious how the wheels will look on the 500 and white as an exterior color. To be honest, I love my 350 and especially the wheels but I am really hoping to put my hand on a V8 before they are gone, and I have a friend who would actually take over my lease. I still need to wait for the price and such but given that there is a waiting list, should I decide to pass when it arrives, they won't have any issues selling it.

arentz07 (08-09-21)
Old 08-09-21, 08:53 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SeanSkiVT
I just met with the dealership where I have my deposit this past Friday, and we built the car together with the options I wanted. It was pretty much what another poster explained a couple of months back, but they told me that when they get the allocation and send the order it will get either accepted or rejected by manufacturing, and if it's rejected they'll tell us why and we can change as necessary. He didn't think my build would be a problem though. Infrared over Black NuLuxe, Nav, Mark Levinson Audio, Triple-Beam LED, and sunroof (which I was on the fence about deleting).

Also, they confirmed that the price I'll pay will be MSRP with no additional markup, which I'm happy with. Can't wait for it to come in!
I went with white on white and here in Canada, there are no package or options to chose from, so mine will have the ML, the triple beam and such as well. I wish I could have ordered mine without a sunroof but there is no such flexibility here....its all or nothing. I'll keep you posted when I hear that my order has been taken - Their allocation was 1 and I am that 1
Old 08-09-21, 02:29 PM
TGPCanada
Intermediate

Received 800 Likes on 329 Posts

I went with white on white and here in Canada, there are no package or options to chose from, so mine will have the ML, the triple beam and such as well. I wish I could have ordered mine without a sunroof but there is no such flexibility here....its all or nothing. I'll keep you posted when I hear that my order has been taken - Their allocation was 1 and I am that 1
Where in Ontario are you at? I'm in the west end of the GTA and some dealers don't know their allocations yet. Was told by one dealer they are getting 2 Limited Edition versions in Incognito grey, but I'm not at all interested in that colour.
Old 08-09-21, 02:43 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TGPCanada
Where in Ontario are you at? I'm in the west end of the GTA and some dealers don't know their allocations yet. Was told by one dealer they are getting 2 Limited Edition versions in Incognito grey, but I'm not at all interested in that colour.
I am actually no longer in Ontario and in the Atlantic provinces. I specifically asked if that allocation was the Launch Edition and was told no...they have been only allocated 1 for now, not to say it wont change if the chip situation improves but I will keep you guys informed
Old 08-09-21, 03:21 PM
FMLGTI
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would really like the white interior, but am nervous about keeping it clean. Can anyone chime in on this.. Does it pick up dyes very easy? I don't mind cleaning the interior often, but am worried about the white permanently staining/fading and no way of correcting it
Old 08-09-21, 03:45 PM
sw2oboi
Lead Lap

I agree that the difference is subtle. I currently have the 2021 IS350 F Sport but they have my order for a white on white IS500 - I am curious how the wheels will look on the 500 and white as an exterior color. To be honest, I love my 350 and especially the wheels but I am really hoping to put my hand on a V8 before they are gone, and I have a friend who would actually take over my lease. I still need to wait for the price and such but given that there is a waiting list, should I decide to pass when it arrives, they won't have any issues selling it.
cant go wrong with white, the wheels on the is5 is not tasteful because it’s a light silver. I’d have it powder coated a darker color. Now the wheels on the le and the fsport dynamic are nice, I think they are made by bbs or enkei. Don’t sweat too much on the price just yet. First round or two of is5 won’t have much room for discounts and will sell quickly. but let’s say pricing is ridiculous. The cars will just sit and you my friend will be able to get a nice discount.
wthrman2 (08-09-21)

Quick Reply: The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance