IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-21, 05:17 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,692 Likes on 1,785 Posts

Originally Posted by FMLGTI
I would really like the white interior, but am nervous about keeping it clean. Can anyone chime in on this.. Does it pick up dyes very easy? I don't mind cleaning the interior often, but am worried about the white permanently staining/fading and no way of correcting it
Well, I can speak from experience since I got mine in May 2021 and so far, I have not experienced any dye transfer on the seats. The white interior is SOOOOOO elegant and looks better in person than any pics or videos I have seen. I have placed my order on the 500 with the same combo because I love so much!! Now I liked the circuit red in my RC but I find they went a little overboard with the red this time, at least for my taste. Had they applied the red treatment in a similar manner as they did the white, I would have been torn between red and white. I am not going to lie, I am a bit nervous when I wear darker colored denim but I think it would be worse if they got wet. I don;t drive mine when it rains so I won't have to worry about wet denims unless I get a wet fart I guess (lol)
Old 08-09-21, 07:15 PM
Kandyman1
Driver

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts

For someone like me who thinks an all black interior is dour, there are no good choices for interior color in the IS. The red is good as long as you remain in the front. The black upper dash and center stack provide some contrast. When you get into the back though, there is more red than bloodletting in a Quentin Tarantino movie. Without any contrasting colors in the seats or lower door panels, the red just feels excessive.
The white looks classy but I am a bald headed black guy in south Florida. My natural head oils (thanks to the heat and humidity here) will surely stain the white on the headrest in no time - but maybe someone can tell me otherwise?

Last edited by Kandyman1; 08-10-21 at 10:30 AM.
Old 08-09-21, 08:46 PM
Compromise
Intermediate

Received 415 Likes on 176 Posts

Honestly I'm also split for interior colors.. The LE's interior is basically all black, while normal editions can choose white or red. I've had black interiors for all my cars so far.. so maybe I want some red or white now. Too bad the LE can't do red or white!
Old 08-09-21, 10:27 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,957 Likes on 1,048 Posts

Do you guys honestly think the Launch Edition will hold it's value in the future more than a regular IS500? Will the used market even care, years down the line? I've never followed special editions like this.
Old 08-09-21, 10:59 PM
Compromise
Intermediate

Received 415 Likes on 176 Posts

I personally think it would. One of the last V8s of this generation, plus a limited production. At least I HOPE. :P
Old 08-10-21, 12:08 AM
sw2oboi
Lead Lap

Received 74 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by macmaster
Do you guys honestly think the Launch Edition will hold it's value in the future more than a regular IS500? Will the used market even care, years down the line? I've never followed special editions like this.
id hate to be negative Nancy but I don’t think so, especially with our brand. I feel these cars just doesn’t have the following like other brands. Besides, this is just the mid pack performance line and not highly sought after. Look into the gsf rcf 10th anniversary edition. Isf neimen Marcus edition. Now if they ever make an isf again with a send off edition, those will do better.

Off track but i absolutely dig the suede seats. Don’t care much for the color, but hate that steering wheel.
Old 08-10-21, 04:26 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

^^ I agree, there will be nothing overly special about the LE to make it worthy of holding its value - I mean I expect there will be a few people seeking for the V8 but I doubt the LE will be worth more than the other IS500. I am not buying mine with the expectation it will be worth something other than personal enjoyment while I own it, and for that, it is worth more than anything because when I am dead, my money won't be worth anything to me
The following 3 users liked this post by wthrman2:
Compromise (08-10-21), DLPTony (08-10-21), Nvicta (08-10-21)
Old 08-11-21, 08:39 PM
neff2641
Driver School Candidate

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Well… stopped by my local dealership this morning to have the fuel pump recall done on my ‘14 IS 350. Went and picked the car up during lunch and talked to sales about the 500. They still know pretty much nothing about the car’s pricing and such, but they were happy to take a deposit. I was told I’m number 2 on the list. Looking forward to hearing from them, hopefully soon.
Old 08-12-21, 03:29 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

^^ We should have pricing information in early September (likely the 10th) so less than a month to go now before we hear anything - I am expecting somewhere around 75K in Canada

I was hoping the IS500 would be released either earlier or later this fall as the arrival for us in Canada will be crappy - Likely December. Since I won't drive mine in the snow or wet roads, it will be very tricky to get it to my place intact, or not have it PDI'd when the roads are crappy. I wish I could have placed my order in Jan for an April delivery but the dealer said they would work with me should it arrive in the crappy season

Last edited by wthrman2; 08-12-21 at 03:43 AM.
Old 08-12-21, 04:37 AM
macmaster
Pole Position

What’s your guys opinion on buying one of these used, a year or so down the line or even months after release (I’ve seen CPO 2021 350s already)? On the one hand you could potentially save several thousand dollars, but a fun car like this I would be concerned about it being abused during the break-in period. I’ve also just had a bad experience with my CPO CT200 where I’ve found out at least one of the body panels was likely resprayed with clear coat which is now starting to peel, and I didn’t know that at the time of purchase. For these reasons I’d like to own a new car for once but man all the Dave Ramsey’s and Suze Ormans in me are telling me not to.
The following users liked this post:
DLPTony (08-12-21)
Old 08-12-21, 05:49 AM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Received 3,993 Likes on 1,844 Posts

What’s your guys opinion on buying one of these used, a year or so down the line or even months after release (I’ve seen CPO 2021 350s already)? On the one hand you could potentially save several thousand dollars, but a fun car like this I would be concerned about it being abused during the break-in period. I’ve also just had a bad experience with my CPO CT200 where I’ve found out at least one of the body panels was likely resprayed with clear coat which is now starting to peel, and I didn’t know that at the time of purchase. For these reasons I’d like to own a new car for once but man all the Dave Ramsey’s and Suze Ormans in me are telling me not to.
Right there with you, add Clarke Howard in that mix! 😜 My 4 Lexus’ were at least 2 - 3 years old and CPO’ed when I got them. The EV/hybridization train seems to pick up momentum every day and I ‘do not’ want any of it. Additionally, I have not seen where this model will go past 2022, so I made the decision to not play it safe. If I miss out, my ‘16 350 is still a nice car, but at least I tried.

Last edited by DLPTony; 08-12-21 at 05:54 AM.
Old 08-12-21, 07:44 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

This car will be sought by people who are enthusiasts and unlike the run of the mill daily driver, this may not be sold for a while (on the used market). Cars are never a wise financial decision, if you want to be rational about your car purchase, an IS500 is not what you look for, but rather, a basic economy car. If you have the disposable income to afford one of these, you are doing fine financially so you either have to decide if you want to treat yourself or risk getting something that may not have been babied. For a few thousand dollars, if you can get new, I would say go for it
Old 08-12-21, 08:07 AM
macmaster
Pole Position

Originally Posted by wthrman2
This car will be sought by people who are enthusiasts and unlike the run of the mill daily driver, this may not be sold for a while (on the used market). Cars are never a wise financial decision, if you want to be rational about your car purchase, an IS500 is not what you look for, but rather, a basic economy car. If you have the disposable income to afford one of these, you are doing fine financially so you either have to decide if you want to treat yourself or risk getting something that may not have been babied. For a few thousand dollars, if you can get new, I would say go for it
I probably agree with you. I've kind of lost faith in getting used cars, the way the market is currently and the way I've seen people treat their cars. If someone turns in a IS500 rather quickly too, you'd have to ask yourself why. There's a GS F with 30k miles at my local dealer. We got to test drive it, but my wife wasn't impressed. She said it didn't handle as well as the new one she tried in 2018. Now I can't tell if it's because it's a 2016 model and there was something different about that first year, or there's just a lot of bad wear on it, but it still hasn't sold in 2+ weeks and they've dropped the price a couple grand since then. Makes you wonder what's wrong with it, especially since it's not CPO.

Last edited by macmaster; 08-12-21 at 08:13 AM.
The following users liked this post:
wthrman2 (08-13-21)
Old 08-12-21, 09:50 AM
Racer00J
Intermediate

Received 264 Likes on 125 Posts

Couple more pictures of the Iridium IS500 surfaced.
IG Link

The following 5 users liked this post by Racer00J:
macmaster (08-12-21), Nvicta (08-13-21), Vitveet (08-12-21), whoismiked (08-12-21), wthrman2 (08-13-21)
Old 08-12-21, 09:58 AM
HOMER350
Racer

Received 315 Likes on 251 Posts

Been away for a while just popped back to he forum to see developments with the IS500.

See people are ordering, congrats!

im scrolling looking for price...can someone please confirm? Assume it's been announced.

Saw $60k online, but what's it actually going for?

Quick Reply: The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance