IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-21, 11:31 PM
Shoeboy4
Intermediate

Received 512 Likes on 182 Posts

all the packages on the car should be around those prices like you have stated
All options plus including premium paint and delivery adds $9215 to the base price of the car
Memory/Nav/Levinson/Sunroof/Prem Paint and delivery adds $6300
for California at $52950 fully loaded out the door at MSRP your looking at around $67287 using around 8.66% sales tax
$54950 fully loaded out the door is $69322
$55950 is $70049
$56950 is $71496
At $60k base price fully loaded it would be $75353
I have a list of all the prices out the door for CA i made from 52950-60k base price with only some options and with full options, I was bored one night and had fun making it
Some of the package prices may be higher than they end up but better to be high on the estimated price than low and have it more expensive

Last edited by Shoeboy4; 08-14-21 at 11:44 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Compromise (08-14-21)
Old 08-14-21, 11:41 PM
Compromise
Intermediate

Received 415 Likes on 176 Posts

Ah true, forgot about paint and delivery price. All the other prices are from the 2021 IS, ES, and UX models. Motoman flashed "52" many times. Hopefully it really is 52k base!
DLPTony (08-15-21)
Old 08-14-21, 11:47 PM
Shoeboy4
Intermediate

Rounding up the 52950 possible base price to 53 and carrying it all the way out to 61k if the car is 60950 these are the out the door prices fully loaded for Cali. Hopefully we all get what we are wanting and at a great price and hopefully this info will help my fellow Cali people.

The following 2 users liked this post by Shoeboy4:
Nvicta (08-15-21), whoismiked (08-15-21)
Old 08-14-21, 11:55 PM
Compromise
Intermediate

Received 415 Likes on 176 Posts

Probably no room for negotiation huh..? Also, that means 71k+ OTD for LE..
Old 08-15-21, 12:00 AM
Shoeboy4
Intermediate

In the beginning, I would doubt any wiggle room at all in pricing outside of if your getting it for MSRP or paying an additional dealer markup, on an LE I would assume most would charge a mark up just cause of the limited nature of the car, someone somewhere will want the LE and be willing to pay for it with a markup possibly even out of state buyers
Old 08-15-21, 12:12 AM
Shoeboy4
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Compromise
Ah true, forgot about paint and delivery price. All the other prices are from the 2021 IS, ES, and UX models. Motoman flashed "52" many times. Hopefully it really is 52k base!
I hope so too! Correct all the prices outside of the memory package and sunshade are 2021 IS prices
Old 08-15-21, 01:55 AM
Shoeboy4
Intermediate

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSewkbBl...dium=copy_link
Old 08-15-21, 06:48 AM
95bat
Racer

Received 1,329 Likes on 681 Posts

Originally Posted by macmaster
Look at the video at 7:15.

He is hinting it’ll be $52k base without actually saying it. He’s trying to throw us off with the 65-75. Y’all better have your deposits in.
I'm not hearing anything about pricing at 7:15. He's talking about a moon roof.
Old 08-15-21, 07:09 AM
whoismiked
Advanced

Received 286 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by 95bat
I'm not hearing anything about pricing at 7:15. He's talking about a moon roof.
He's speaking about the "52" on the nose of the plane in the background.

I could totally be wrong here, maybe he is hinting, but my personal thought is: I'm sure whoever gave him his inside info, would likely see his video and would not appreciate him "secretly" giving out info that is against the press embargo and he would be risking losing that kind of access from that supplier in the future.

As I said, this is just my instinct / impression and maybe he is dropping hints, but I'm leaning towards him not risking that and I have a feeling there will be many disappointed/outraged people here when the prices are released and they aren't as low as many are hoping for.

We all love and are very passionate about Lexus cars, and of course we hope the price is a fantastic deal, but Lexus has never really been super competitive on pricing most of the time. My instinct is that there will be a premium attached to that V8 and the hype surrounding it and it will be closer to 60k base.

Again this is all just my personal thoughts and guess, I have no idea. I really hope the price is in line with that 52-55k mark, but I have a sinking feeling that the price of the the IS500 is going to be closer to the price of the RCF.
Vitveet (08-15-21)
Old 08-15-21, 09:30 AM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,957 Likes on 1,048 Posts

Originally Posted by whoismiked

I could totally be wrong here, maybe he is hinting, but my personal thought is: I'm sure whoever gave him his inside info, would likely see his video and would not appreciate him "secretly" giving out info that is against the press embargo and he would be risking losing that kind of access from that supplier in the future.

As I said, this is just my instinct / impression and maybe he is dropping hints, but I'm leaning towards him not risking that and I have a feeling there will be many disappointed/outraged people here when the prices are released and they aren't as low as many are hoping for.

We all love and are very passionate about Lexus cars, and of course we hope the price is a fantastic deal, but Lexus has never really been super competitive on pricing most of the time. My instinct is that there will be a premium attached to that V8 and the hype surrounding it and it will be closer to 60k base.

Again this is all just my personal thoughts and guess, I have no idea. I really hope the price is in line with that 52-55k mark, but I have a sinking feeling that the price of the the IS500 is going to be closer to the price of the RCF.
The dude literally shows clips of him driving with faint engine noise in the background. I think he plays it pretty fast and loose with the rules so I wouldn’t put it past him to drop a hint on price either. He literally says “base” when the 52 flashes and the moonroof is only in 1/4 of the shot. All his other photos and video are framed well so why would he barely show the moonroof when he’s talking about the moonroof. Because it’s not about the moonroof.
Old 08-15-21, 09:37 AM
Shoeboy4
Intermediate

One can hope it's priced lower, people that have inside knowledge have said all they can say about the pricing is it will be aggressive. Look at the base price of the M340 at $54700 and the C43 at $56500 base prices, aggressive would need to be around or under those IMO.
whoismiked (08-15-21)
Old 08-15-21, 10:02 AM
whoismiked
Advanced

Originally Posted by macmaster
The dude literally shows clips of him driving with faint engine noise in the background. I think he plays it pretty fast and loose with the rules so I wouldn’t put it past him to drop a hint on price either. He literally says “base” when the 52 flashes and the moonroof is only in 1/4 of the shot. All his other photos and video are framed well so why would he barely show the moonroof when he’s talking about the moonroof. Because it’s not about the moonroof.
Calm down

What I literally said, several times, was:

I could totally be wrong here
my personal thought is
As I said, this is just my instinct
Again this is all just my personal thoughts

I honestly thought you were trolling / making a joke about the subliminal message hints, I got a chuckle when you posted it ... but you're actually serious

​​​​​​​We will find out in about 3 weeks

​​​​​​​

Last edited by whoismiked; 08-15-21 at 01:24 PM.
Old 08-15-21, 10:31 AM
95bat
Racer

Received 1,329 Likes on 681 Posts

Originally Posted by whoismiked

Ah, I see it now.

I think a $60k base is close, 65k is way too high and $52k is a steal. In one of the older videos the Lexus guys themselves said it would be priced aggressively, I was hoping for upper 50s, loaded in the mid 60s.

My ES 350 F Sport stickered a little over $53k, I can't imagine an IS 500 will be the same price.

The following 2 users liked this post by 95bat:
Vitveet (08-15-21), whoismiked (08-15-21)
Old 08-15-21, 10:45 AM
roastpuff
Rookie

Received 29 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Shoeboy4
One can hope it's priced lower, people that have inside knowledge have said all they can say about the pricing is it will be aggressive. Look at the base price of the M340 at $54700 and the C43 at $56500 base prices, aggressive would need to be around or under those IMO.
maybe we’re looking at ‘aggressive’ the wrong way, maybe it’s aggressive for Lexus to have priced it really high
The following 2 users liked this post by roastpuff:
Shoeboy4 (08-15-21), whoismiked (08-15-21)
Old 08-15-21, 11:14 AM
whoismiked
Advanced

Originally Posted by 95bat
Ah, I see it now.

I think a $60k base is close, 65k is way too high and $52k is a steal. In one of the older videos the Lexus guys themselves said it would be priced aggressively, I was hoping for upper 50s, loaded in the mid 60s.

My ES 350 F Sport stickered a little over $53k, I can't imagine an IS 500 will be the same price.
I agree. I was simply trying to help people keep their expectations in check as we may not be so lucky with such a good price.

I am excited and wanting to purchase this car as well, so of course me and everyone will hope for the best price.

But I certainly don't think a youtuber is secretly giving out prices, especially at the risk of losing that access in the future. Even teasing with illuminati level hidden images would be a violation of the press embargo. The man would be a fool to risk his future access for the small portion of people who would even notice the hints. But you know who would notice it immediately? ... the company with the embargo / the contact who gave him that info.

Also, there have been tons of times, across many brands, where prices were given out straight up before they were official, and the price changed at launch. So even if this youtuber knows what the price they are aiming for at release, doesn't mean it can't change. Any company is going to try and judge the demand and market and get the most money for their product as they reasonably can, and even then Lexus often shoots too high (The LFA).

Lexus is by far my favorite car company, but they have a history of pricing things a little too high, so I am managing my expectations so I won't be hit with disappointment.

Last edited by whoismiked; 08-15-21 at 12:45 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by whoismiked:
Compromise (08-15-21), Shoeboy4 (08-15-21), Vitveet (08-15-21)

Quick Reply: The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance