IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-21, 03:53 PM
sw2oboi
Lead Lap

Received 74 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by GaryJG
It's much higher, I believe they are reducing US market from 140k to 60kish. Could go even lower. These are desperate times. Germans will be even more affected.
-China controls Flow of rare earth minerals, Taiwan is the greatest producer of chips in the world by far. Dwarfing everyone else.
-China wants to take Taiwan, even by invasion.
-Market is now choked in Asia East.
-Covid ruined global shipping times
-Human labor at all time low globally due to Covid19 and other factors.
-Will take Samsung investing billions of dollars 10 years to get to current level of production TSMC is at.
-USA has no path to ramp up this level of production.
-Taliban now controls 3 trillion dollars worth of lithium and rare earth minerals.
-America holds sanctions against Taliban
-China is aiding Taliban, soon China controls 99% of market. They currently hold at least 80% of Rare earth
-America confused and still bickering while The west coast burns, east coast sinks and the economy plummets.
-Germany not even making V8s due to parts shortage, how do you think their chip sourcing and logistics go? Very bad

So many think it will be fixed by January but they are dead wrong. The car market is F'd up for awhile. So cool cars are going to be hard to come by these days. prices just got worse for everything.

Unfortunately potato chips are about the only chips that the US is still manufacturing. Outsourcing everything was a great idea wasn't it?

Auto Manufacturers have realized that by keeping supply very low they don't need rebates and incentives. If you look at their profits over the last year, profit is up even though they are selling fewer cars. They are also able to raise prices and push people into more expensive vehicles due to demand and by not having excess stock of lower cost vehicles that have little to no profit (and might even be a loss for them if they have to push big incentives to sell them).

Expect more car manufacturers to follow. Makes sense. Keep demand up by low supply and make more money.
this is very eye opening, thanks for that.
Old 09-04-21, 04:42 PM
GaryJG
Lead Lap

Received 97 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by sw2oboi
this is very eye opening, thanks for that.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/18/busin...ing/index.html
Old 09-04-21, 04:50 PM
cremaster
Lead Lap

Received 70 Likes on 35 Posts

The dealers here in Southern California seem to have a hard time keeping the 350's in stock. And I doubt the dealers will even get very many 500's. And with that being said, no matter what the MSRP may be, you can probably expect a large dealer mark up. Possibly $10,000 more.

The dealer where I got mine in January usually only have 2 IS 350s at any given time.. the same car I negotiated down to $39,xxx is now $46,xxx PLUS an additional $3,000 adjusted market value added. If people actually pay that, I don't know. But if they do they'll be so upside down in a couple of years...
I see you're in CA, what dealer are you referring to? I just did a quick search at dealers near me, South Bay, Newport and Tustin, and there are several IS 350's, pretty much loaded, for around $45k to $48k w/ the dealer discount. I see one w/ DHP for around $54k. like others have estimated, I still think the IS 500 regular version, will be about $10k more than the IS 350 w/ DHP.
Old 09-04-21, 04:55 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,685 Likes on 1,783 Posts

Originally Posted by lbv
Hi!, When I spoke to Lexus this morning about the IS500 pricing they also told me that the 2022 IS350 F Sport in Canada will now have the ML audio and 360 camera as part of the top package but didn't know if the black window trim would be on the F Sport.
Thanks for posting - I am 99.999999999999% sure that Lexus Canada totally screwed up and that was an oversight when they packaged the 2021 IS350. I never understood why none of the IS350 F Sport could have the ML but the IS300 would have it!! They finally made the adjustment needed and while I still would not have chosen teh package as I hate the BBS wheels, at least now the packaging makes sense. To me, you posting this information really adds TOTAL credibility to your pricing info and you are obviously legit Thanks for being a new but extremely valuable contributor for Canadian Lexus owners since our market is so different!
Old 09-04-21, 05:04 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by roastpuff
these should be on the IS500 in both the USA and Canada version. In Canada these are standard in IS300 AWD and up already.
...the memory seats are but not the electric telescopic steering. I hope that feature can be deactivate where it retracts and engages every time the car is turned off. I was able to turn off the seat retracting on my 2021 IS350. My 2019 RC350 had that steering feature which drove me nuts....Every time I would turn off the car the steering would would gyrate like a toy my wife keeps under the mattress! Now to be honest, I never investigated if I could turn that feature off as I just assumed it wouldn't but when the seats of the IS started doing the same, I read the manual (lol)
Old 09-04-21, 05:16 PM
GaryJG
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by cremaster
I see you're in CA, what dealer are you referring to? I just did a quick search at dealers near me, South Bay, Newport and Tustin, and there are several IS 350's, pretty much loaded, for around $45k to $48k w/ the dealer discount. I see one w/ DHP for around $54k. like others have estimated, I still think the IS 500 regular version, will be about $10k more than the IS 350 w/ DHP.
from today.

Longo and South Bay

Old 09-04-21, 05:17 PM
sw2oboi
Lead Lap

I’ll save you some time. They are all marked up and while they have them in stock now. It won’t be for very long till they run dry. So they are getting very close to what they marked it up for.

some dealers who are really hurting for inventory is doing 10 over.

Old 09-04-21, 05:35 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

^^ That is insane!! I am so happy I got such a great deal on my IS350 so that if crap hits the fan with the 500, I am still paying a super low lease and got a great deal. It makes the deal I offered my friend to take over my lease even more attractive than ever before for him
Old 09-04-21, 05:38 PM
GaryJG
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by CarlitoIS
Damn, let me trade in my new 2021 350 for this. Haha. 472 HP but only a second faster 0-60 than the 350. I'd still buy it. Maybe when my lease is over on this one.
a second makes a big diffierence. The IS 500 will of covered about 40 feet more than the 350 when they both hit 60 mph.
Old 09-04-21, 05:43 PM
GaryJG
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by wthrman2
^^ That is insane!! I am so happy I got such a great deal on my IS350 so that if crap hits the fan with the 500, I am still paying a super low lease and got a great deal. It makes the deal I offered my friend to take over my lease even more attractive than ever before for him
yeah. No kidding. I remember when I was alittle upset that I only got about 15% off MSRP for my 2021. I was used to getting close to 20% off on my last two leases (2017, 2020).

The following users liked this post:
wthrman2 (09-04-21)
Old 09-04-21, 06:09 PM
95bat
Racer

Received 1,311 Likes on 672 Posts

a second makes a big diffierence. The IS 500 will of covered about 40 feet more than the 350 when they both hit 60 mph.
And a little further down the road, a general rule for the 1/4 mile is a car length is about 1/10 of a second. The IS 500 will be 10+ car lengths ahead easily. That's a big difference!
Old 09-04-21, 08:48 PM
cremaster
Lead Lap

Received 70 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by sw2oboi
I’ll save you some time. They are all marked up and while they have them in stock now. It won’t be for very long till they run dry. So they are getting very close to what they marked it up for.

some dealers who are really hurting for inventory is doing 10 over.
so they advertise a price, then when you come in, they say, "surprise! it's actually $5k more."
Old 09-04-21, 09:11 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,954 Likes on 1,046 Posts

so they advertise a price, then when you come in, they say, "surprise! it's actually $5k more."
not all dealerships do this. It’s the onus of the shopper to do their diligence and say no to dealers like this.
Old 09-04-21, 10:42 PM
sw2oboi
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by macmaster
not all dealerships do this. It’s the onus of the shopper to do their diligence and say no to dealers like this.
Find me a dealer here in SoCal that has the is350 white on red with or without dhp with no adjustment? It’s nothing new. Honda has the type r, Nissan got the gtr, Toyota has the trd pros, Supra, and so on. Kia of all **** brands been marking up their cars. Point is, inventory is ****ed right now, especially on the is. How do you i know? The is350 is marked up and it still sells. Dealers wouldn’t mark up cars to deter business.

Just from my perspective of the way things are going, I won’t be able to get Msrp or less on the is5 till a few months into next year. Lc500/c might be on the horizons as the hype is done on that car.

On a positive note 6 more days! Please don’t be over 63k full tilt!
Old 09-04-21, 10:49 PM
sw2oboi
Lead Lap

Toyota/Lexus wants a fair playing field. Advertised prices has to follow their guidelines. Other manufacture “call for price”

its actually not bad compared to what other dealers/brands has been doing well before this **** market.

Anyways just trying to share some knowledge and contribute to fellow enthusiasts. Believe me, my Butt hurts too.

Quick Reply: The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance