IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-21, 06:08 AM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,957 Likes on 1,048 Posts

Originally Posted by Compromise
First thing/mod everyone plans on doing? For me, it would be:
1. Front PPF, whole car ceramic coated
2. Ceramic tint, 70 front, 50 all around
3. Install my Thinkware U1000 dashcam and Uniden R7 Radar Detector :P
4. Black-out the side mirror silver trim

In the future I would want to possibly do some performance mods:
1. Some aftermarket intake that's louder than stock
2. Valved, aftermarket exhaust (Valvetronic, etc). I like having control of how loud I want to be
3. Maybe wider rear tires after wearing through the stock ones (Michelins PS4S ftw)

What does everyone else have planned?
I am planning to keep this car bone stock for once, maybe just get the back windows tinted at 50%. I will never put any tint on the front windows or windshield. I have that on my current car (previous owner installed it) and the the decreased visibility at night is super dangerous. At night sometimes I roll my window down just to make left turns. Good way to ruin my car or kill somebody. Lowering springs or coils - definitely not this time. Bottom scrapes would kill me on this car and why reverse the Lexus engineers hard work.

I might do PPF to protect my paint as I plan to keep this car forever. Don’t know that much about it though. Does it decrease the shine/finish of the OEM Lexus paint? is it removable after several years? I’m assuming it yellows.

Old 09-16-21, 06:24 AM
Carolina50
Intermediate

Received 615 Likes on 309 Posts

2. Valved, aftermarket exhaust (Valvetronic, etc). I like having control of how loud I want to be
3. Maybe wider rear tires after wearing through the stock ones (Michelins PS4S ftw)

Have been thinking about what it would be like to have the roof wrapped in black on Grecian Water.

Also thinking about updating my dashcam to the Blackvue DR750X-2CH Plus but worried about if I do use the rear shade, would there be an issue with it hitting.

Last edited by Carolina50; 09-16-21 at 06:27 AM.
Old 09-16-21, 07:02 AM
LexusfanVA
Instructor

Received 262 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by macmaster
Let’s pretend the used market was normal. Is this a bad car to buy used/CPO? I would imagine the first owners pushed it hard and didn’t baby it, especially if they were planning to sell it soon after. Any long term damage to be concerned over?
These aren't typical sports cars that can't handle abuse. I daily drive and push my current and previous ISF. I know plenty of local guys with 150k on the clock who roll race and track etc and other than basic maintenance and the common valley plate and stock manifold crack issue, they are bulletproof.

Also, I bought a 12 ISF in 2019 with front PPF and it protected the paint underneath, but the removal of the yellowing PPF and the correction and new ceramic cost more than were I to simply repaint the bumper and hood.

As far as mods, I'd do ceramic coating and tint, lower with coilovers, upgrade the wheels to something with wider tires and lighter wheels, and see if GSF/RCF PPE headers can fit. I love my Xforce Varex valved catback, so a valved catback would be ideal and go with the Jekyll/Hyde nature of the car.

Last edited by LexusfanVA; 09-16-21 at 07:20 AM.
Old 09-16-21, 07:26 AM
Carolina50
Intermediate

Received 615 Likes on 309 Posts

Old 09-16-21, 09:28 AM
350phi
Pit Crew

Received 91 Likes on 68 Posts

1. PPF front
2. Lower on coilovers using 2017+ IS350 BC racing suspension with 10k/12k sprint springs.
3. bolt on 2020 burnt orange GSF brembo calipers
4. slap on TE37 19" wheels.
5. swap the carbon fiber 2021 IS350 f-sport rear spoiler onto the trunk and trash the black IS500 spoiler.

6. wait until someone release front and side CF splitters/lip. and CF rear diffuser
Old 09-16-21, 10:16 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,692 Likes on 1,785 Posts

Old 09-16-21, 10:37 AM
Compromise
Intermediate

Received 415 Likes on 176 Posts

I am planning to keep this car bone stock for once, maybe just get the back windows tinted at 50%. I will never put any tint on the front windows or windshield. I have that on my current car (previous owner installed it) and the the decreased visibility at night is super dangerous. At night sometimes I roll my window down just to make left turns. Good way to ruin my car or kill somebody. Lowering springs or coils - definitely not this time. Bottom scrapes would kill me on this car and why reverse the Lexus engineers hard work.

I might do PPF to protect my paint as I plan to keep this car forever. Don’t know that much about it though. Does it decrease the shine/finish of the OEM Lexus paint? is it removable after several years? I’m assuming it yellows.
No clue. My current car has front ppf that has saved the OEM bumper from many rock chips.
Old 09-16-21, 02:35 PM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Received 3,993 Likes on 1,844 Posts

Yeesh…a seriously annoying reviewer. Ding the 500 in one breath, praise it in the next.
The following users liked this post:
Carolina50 (09-16-21)
Old 09-16-21, 02:40 PM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Definitely the PPF, I have the partial front done and it’s saved my car from rocks several times over. You can see the line because it’s a partial, but with the USB it’s much more muted. Probably the ceramic coating and definitely Pilot Sport4S after I’ve burned through the Bridgestones. I have them on my car now and they are a game changer.
Old 09-16-21, 03:14 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb Official IS 500 Packaging & Pricing confirmed...

Some more clarity and Official Specs on pricing and what's included..

Will work on options and accessories little later.

2022 Lexus IS 500 F SPORT

For those passionate customers who want to push the envelope on driving performance and exhilaration, Lexus is proud to offer the all-new IS 500 F SPORT Performance. As the halo model in the IS family, the IS 500 is the debut model of the F SPORT Performance brand. Under the unique raised hood lies a naturally aspirated 5.0-liter V8 generating 472 hp and 395-lbs torque. An eight-speed Sport Direct Shift automatic transmission channels that power to the rear wheels of this performance sedan and a throaty quad exhaust system with dual stacked tail pipes amplify the sound of this high-output engine.

The IS 500 F SPORT will launch with a three-grade strategy - IS 500, IS 500 Premium, and IS 500 Launch Edition. These grades are designed to generate maximum launch excitement while offering bundled features that are competitively priced in the marketplace.

All-New 2022 IS 500 F SPORT Performance

Model Price

IS 500 F SPORT $56,500

IS 500 F SPORT Premium $61,000

IS 500 F SPORT Launch Edition $67,400

The IS 500 F SPORT model will include the following standard equipment: Power Moonroof, Intuitive ParkingAssist with auto-braking and Memory Package which includes a power tilt-and-telescopic steering column plusLexus Memory System for driver’s seat, outside mirrors and steering column.

The IS 500 F SPORT Premium model adds the following additional standard equipment: Navigation system with 10.3-inch touchscreen and 17-speaker Mark Levinson Premium Sound Audio System, Panoramic View Monitor, Triple Beam LED Headlamps and Power Rear Sunshade.

The IS 500 F SPORT builds upon the improvements made to the 2021 IS with a focus on delivering confidence and a linear connection between driver and vehicle. The IS 500 comes standard with 19-inch Enkei alloy wheels, Adaptive Variable Suspension (AVS) and a Torsen ® limited slip differential that improves handling and traction. Moreover, the IS chassis is improved with the addition of Yamaha ® rear performance dampers which increase comfort at low speeds, and additional stability and agility at high speeds. Brake cooling enhancements have also been made with additional cooling and larger 14.0-inch two-piece aluminum front rotors and 12.7-inch rear rotors.

Inside, the IS 500 comes standard with heated & ventilated front F SPORT seats as well as black F SPORT Performance badging on the heated leather-wrapped steering wheel and door sill scuff plates. Furthermore, an exclusive IS 500 animation in the multi-information display (MID) greets each driver at startup.

On the safety front every IS 500 comes standard with Lexus Safety System+ 2.5 which includes Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection, All-Speed Dynamic Radar Cruise Control, Lane Tracing Assist, Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist, Road Sign Assist and Intelligent High Beams. Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross-Traffic another standard safety feature on the IS 500.

The exterior and interior color palette found on the IS 350 F SPORT will be available for the IS 500 including the popular exterior colors such as Infrared, Grecian Water and Cloudburst Gray. Interior NuLuxe choices include White, Black and Circuit Red.

IS 500 F SPORT Performance Launch Edition

For those buyers that desire additional distinction Lexus is proud to offer the 2022 IS 500 F SPORT Performance Launch Edition. Powered by the same naturally aspirated 5.0-liter V8 and based off the IS 500 Premium model, this Launch Edition will offer numerous interior and exterior enhancements and only 500 serialized vehicles will be produced for North America.

The interior is elevated with an exclusive two-tone Black & Gray Ultrasuede ® trimmed front and rear seats, door accents and center console. Additionally, the heated leather-wrapped steering wheel receives unique silver ash wood treatment and each vehicle will come with a serialized Launch Edition badge to further highlight the vehicle’s exclusivity.

For the exterior, the Launch Edition will be turning heads with its exclusive Incognito exterior, an all-new color for the Lexus line-up. Furthermore, the vehicle comes standard with 19-inch seven-spoke Matte Black BBS ® forged alloy wheels.

The Launch Edition will be arriving in dealerships later this Fall alongside the IS 500 F SPORT Performance models.

2022 IS Production was tentative to start September 6th, 2021

Model#

9554 - IS 500 F SPORT $56,500

9555 - IS 500 F SPORT Launch Ed. $67,400

9556 - IS 500 F SPORT Premium $61,000

+ Delivery, Processing & Handling fee of $1,075

Premium Paint (3T5, 8X1) (Infrared Metalic & USB 2.0) + $565

Premium Paint (083, 1L1, 1L2) (Ultra White, Cloudburst Gray, Iridum) + $500

Joe Z
The following 5 users liked this post by Joe Z:
Compromise (09-16-21), DLPTony (09-16-21), Kandyman1 (09-16-21), Racer00J (09-16-21), wthrman2 (09-17-21)
Old 09-16-21, 03:21 PM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Joe Z

The IS 500 F SPORT model will include the following standard equipment: Power Moonroof, Intuitive ParkingAssist with auto-braking and Memory Package which includes a power tilt-and-telescopic steering column plusLexus Memory System for driver’s seat, outside mirrors and steering column.

The IS 500 F SPORT Premium model adds the following additional standard equipment: Navigation system with 10.3-inch touchscreen and 17-speaker Mark Levinson Premium Sound Audio System, Panoramic View Monitor, Triple Beam LED Headlamps and Power Rear Sunshade.

Joe Z
Awesome! Looks like the memory package concerns folks have mentioned are settled. Can’t wait to place my order!

Last edited by DLPTony; 09-16-21 at 03:24 PM.
Old 09-16-21, 03:23 PM
Compromise
Intermediate

Nice! I guess the review models they sent out just didn't have the memory package yet! Now just gotta actually get our hands on these..
Old 09-16-21, 03:40 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,957 Likes on 1,048 Posts

Nice! I guess the review models they sent out just didn't have the memory package yet! Now just gotta actually get our hands on these..
So the memory package and moonroof will be included in the base model? IOW for those of you who wanted no moonroof, that won't be possible?
Old 09-16-21, 04:23 PM
Compromise
Intermediate

So the memory package and moonroof will be included in the base model? IOW for those of you who wanted no moonroof, that won't be possible?
Looks like it. Guess we're stuck with that moonroof..
Old 09-16-21, 04:45 PM
Shoeboy4
Intermediate

Received 512 Likes on 182 Posts

Quick Reply: The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance