IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-21, 10:57 PM
Compromise
Intermediate

Received 415 Likes on 176 Posts

Does the 2021 or 2022 IS have remote start? I know there's the "Lexus Enform" subscription that comes free for 3 years for remote starting from the app (which apparently is very ****ty), but is there a feature on the ****?
Old 09-20-21, 11:03 PM
Coconut
Racer

Received 130 Likes on 57 Posts

Not in the US but I believe in Canada they do.
Old 09-20-21, 11:45 PM
porusski
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello everyone, first post and I apologize if this has been answered. Tried to search and been reading quite a bit. Currently have a deposit placed, but haven’t ordered anything.

1. From what I understand, you cannot technically build your own IS500 (right now) correct? You simply choose your trim level and color, and wait for one to arrive to the US with those options. And they get disbursed to dealers which also go by order of deposits to customers. Is this true? That’s how my salesman explained it.

2. If this is true, I feel like I have a very unique taste and want the dark blue (USB) exterior and red interior. Is there any chance of Lexus making this? Cause I agree the colors may not suit each other well but that’s how I would love it. Am I weird for this color combo? 😂

Thanks everyone!
The following users liked this post:
neff2641 (09-21-21)
Old 09-20-21, 11:50 PM
Compromise
Intermediate

Received 415 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by porusski
Hello everyone, first post and I apologize if this has been answered. Tried to search and been reading quite a bit. Currently have a deposit placed, but haven’t ordered anything.

1. From what I understand, you cannot technically build your own IS500 (right now) correct? You simply choose your trim level and color, and wait for one to arrive to the US with those options. And they get disbursed to dealers which also go by order of deposits to customers. Is this true? That’s how my salesman explained it.

2. If this is true, I feel like I have a very unique taste and want the dark blue (USB) exterior and red interior. Is there any chance of Lexus making this? Cause I agree the colors may not suit each other well but that’s how I would love it. Am I weird for this color combo? 😂

Thanks everyone!
1. It's either base trim, Premium, or Launch edition. Additional options will be up to what each dealer gets. Some dealers say that they have no say to what they can get, while others say that they are able to choose. Ask your dealer(s) to know more.
2. Yes, this is what I would personally choose as well if I were to get the Premium trim. The USB/red has already been made for the normal IS, so I don't see why not. Not weird at all!
Old 09-21-21, 12:01 AM
porusski
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Compromise
1. It's either base trim, Premium, or Launch edition. Additional options will be up to what each dealer gets. Some dealers say that they have no say to what they can get, while others say that they are able to choose. Ask your dealer(s) to know more.
2. Yes, this is what I would personally choose as well if I were to get the Premium trim. The USB/red has already been made for the normal IS, so I don't see why not. Not weird at all!
Thanks! Yeah I just want the premium, the little options I could buy at the parts store and install myself. Like all-weather floormatts and such. I’ll probably talk to my dealer tomorrow, genuinely curious if they’re not allowed to accept more deposits.
Old 09-21-21, 12:42 AM
sw2oboi
Lead Lap

Received 74 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by macmaster
once dealers start getting the cars and we talk business with them we can start a new thread linked to a Google spreadsheet where we track which dealers are marking them up and which aren’t. Power to the people!
good idea. You can figure that out right now, ask if they are marking up the is350.

avoiding all dealers with mark up is bad idea. U need to shoot your shots. Just because they mark them up doesn’t mean they won’t sell it at msrp. Now dealers who won’t mark them up will have their cars sold before landing on US dirt. Let that sink in, Goodluck getting a car from those guys. Dealers who marked them up will have their cars collect dust because the low ballers are scared off and don’t even bother shooting an offer.

Remember this, anyone can pick up a phone and make a call. But when you are live in their showroom. The prices will start coming down very quick. Your welcome. Anyone who needs help or advice here SoCal, pm me.
The following 2 users liked this post by sw2oboi:
Compromise (09-21-21), JMeeks (09-23-21)
Old 09-21-21, 04:59 AM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Received 2,275 Likes on 1,046 Posts

Does the 2021 or 2022 IS have remote start? I know there's the "Lexus Enform" subscription that comes free for 3 years for remote starting from the app (which apparently is very ****ty), but is there a feature on the ****?
Yes it does. Press the lock button twice, and then on the third press, hold it, until the lights flash on the car. The car will then start. Basically.
press. Press. Press and hold.
keep in mind that this works at a much closer range than the app does though.
The following 3 users liked this post by TipsyTonio:
arentz07 (09-21-21), Carolina50 (09-21-21), Compromise (09-21-21)
Old 09-21-21, 05:22 AM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,731 Likes on 1,900 Posts

Originally Posted by Coconut
Not in the US but I believe in Canada they do.
???

If you have an Enform subscription, you can activate it by pressing the lock button three times, and holding it down for five seconds on the third press.

If you don't have an Enform Remote subscription, it won't work - I tried with my old car once the subscription expired.
Compromise (09-21-21)
Old 09-21-21, 06:37 AM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Received 3,958 Likes on 1,825 Posts

Originally Posted by porusski

Thanks everyone!
Not a weird color combo at all, my current is your friendly neighborhood Spidey-mobile. (USB w/the red interior)

The colors are included in the latest spec sheet, you just have to be prepared to wait. I’m sticking with the same color combo and much rather wait to get what I want. I’m first at my dealership and they’ve noted my color choice. If the first items received are not it, they’ll call me first to see if I’m interested and contact whoever is next if I say no thank you.

Last edited by DLPTony; 09-21-21 at 06:41 AM.
Old 09-21-21, 06:59 AM
95bat
Racer

Received 1,311 Likes on 672 Posts

This car market sure is depressing. I'm starting to lose interest Long wait for reviews, then a long wait for performance numbers and pricing, now the longest wait for the cars to actually show up. This thread was started in FEBRUARY! Its hard to keep the enthusiasm going that long.
Old 09-21-21, 07:04 AM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 95bat
This car market sure is depressing. I'm starting to lose interest Long wait for reviews, then a long wait for performance numbers and pricing, now the longest wait for the cars to actually show up. This thread was started in FEBRUARY! Its hard to keep the enthusiasm going that long.
Hang in there. A year of waiting versus the years of Smiles Per Miles will be worth it.
The following 2 users liked this post by DLPTony:
arentz07 (09-21-21), Vitveet (09-21-21)
Old 09-21-21, 07:40 AM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,731 Likes on 1,900 Posts

Originally Posted by DLPTony
Hang in there. A year of waiting versus the years of Smiles Per Miles will be worth it.
This.

I am feeling the same way. I was thinking for some time that I'd get the IS 500 when it came out, but now I am glad I at least have an IS 350 to enjoy in the meantime while the market cools down. I had some remorse about getting the 350 and not waiting for the 500 until I saw the markups and general hype around the 500, which would make the buying experience that much more annoying. It's worth waiting a bit longer IMO.
DLPTony (09-21-21)
Old 09-21-21, 07:47 AM
Carolina50
Intermediate

Received 615 Likes on 309 Posts

Originally Posted by 95bat
I do wish we could get more information, like confirmation on production/arrival dates. It's like a trickle of information and then dead silence.
DLPTony (09-21-21)
Old 09-21-21, 07:55 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,685 Likes on 1,783 Posts

I don't mind waiting a bit longer as I have my IS350 to tie me over but I agree it would be great to start seeing more videos - They all came out at once and I soaked it in way too fast now I am going through serious withdrawal (lol). I still wanna see a white one - dang, usually the white IS is the color we always see first....I just wanna see one driving and seeing the Enkei wheels on white and the bulge on the hood in white.

I only have a couple of month for driving my IS before I tuck it away for winter so then I have all the time in the world to wait for its arrival. It will likely be spring 2022 before I drive mine regardless. All I would like to know for sure is, will the LE be produced first followed by the regular production? We have seen contradicting information so far, you would think Lexus could be able to clarify at least that part. If I was a LE waiter, I would be annoyed at the thought of not having a bit of exclusivity at launch, even if it was just for a couple of months
Old 09-21-21, 08:09 AM
DLPTony
Pole Position

^^^

Thank goodness I’m not the only one with withdrawals. I watched every vid available on the 10th and the one I saw yesterday, the person knew absolutely nothing.
The following 3 users liked this post by DLPTony:
arentz07 (09-21-21), Carolina50 (09-21-21), wthrman2 (09-21-21)

Quick Reply: The V8 is back: IS 500 F SPORT Performance