IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.
View Poll Results: Which one would you pick?
2022 IS 500 F SPORT Performance
67.39%
2022 IS 500 F SPORT Performance Launch Edition
32.61%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Which would you pick? IS 500 F SPORT Performance or IS 500 Launch Edition

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-21 | 09:24 AM
Zilla89
Driver School Candidate

Default Second best???

Originally Posted by flipside909

Now that the 2022 Lexus IS 500 F SPORT Performance has been announced. Which one would you pick, the 2022 IS 500 F SPORT Performance or 2022 IS 500 F SPORT Performance Launch Edition and why?
neither!! I’d wait till 2023-24 and get the ISF!
Old 03-31-21 | 09:37 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by Zilla89
Good luck with that.
Old 03-31-21 | 10:01 AM
V00D001
Rookie

Originally Posted by Zilla89
Yeah, I don't think I'd spring for the Launch Edition - I don't really like the color that much. I'd wait for the "normal" IS500 to come out if I had to get one, but I'd prefer to wait for a "true" IS-F in a couple of years.
Old 03-31-21 | 10:42 AM
Danushie
2nd gear

Default Performance model hands down

im a long time lexus customer now driving my 6th car. to me, lexus has always been a synonym for well engineered and durable vehicles, with lots of toys and comfort, and that are fun to drive. IMHO, lexus’ marketing dept. has has lost it with ‘the launch edition’ branding of what i expect to be an awesome car to own and drive. i support many of the previously suggested names as well as ‘special edition’, ‘inaugural edition’, ‘premiere edition’, or ‘limited edition’ (this is my least favorite due to the multitude of other brands with ‘limited’-named models. or the marketing dept. could do what i call ‘a load and reset’ of their thinking and create an special acronym for the launch edition model. so many possibilities here......
Old 03-31-21 | 01:16 PM
Lundy11
Rookie

If given the choice I'd skip the LE. I'd go white exterior, red interior and if possible I'd skip the sunroof.
Old 03-31-21 | 01:18 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by Danushie
im a long time lexus customer now driving my 6th car. to me, lexus has always been a synonym for well engineered and durable vehicles, with lots of toys and comfort, and that are fun to drive. IMHO, lexus’ marketing dept. has has lost it with ‘the launch edition’ branding of what i expect to be an awesome car to own and drive. i support many of the previously suggested names as well as ‘special edition’, ‘inaugural edition’, ‘premiere edition’, or ‘limited edition’ (this is my least favorite due to the multitude of other brands with ‘limited’-named models. or the marketing dept. could do what i call ‘a load and reset’ of their thinking and create an special acronym for the launch edition model. so many possibilities here......
Hmmm. Do you feel the IS 500 F SPORT Performance Launch Edition should be named something other than "Launch" Edition? To me the other names you mentioned sound cliché. Vehicle launch and Launch Edition go hand in hand.

Last edited by flipside909; 03-31-21 at 01:27 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Lundy11 (03-31-21)
Old 03-31-21 | 08:43 PM
ISBuzzman
Driver School Candidate

Default Launch Edition Stands Out From The Pack.

Launch Edition, Special Edition, New Edition, who cares? It's a Lexus, and that's all that matters. The car is fantastic in all respects and I think the Launch Edition will draw a lot of attention on the road. I already have a deposit down on the IS500, with a request for the Launch Edition. Lexus has confirmed with my dealer that my order is the first in Arizona, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed I get one of the 500. As we all know, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I love the color; it looks like a liquid platinum. Everyone within my network I have shown the video comment on the color first and how cool they think it is. I have a strong sense that the detractors will change their minds once they see this car in person.
The following 4 users liked this post by ISBuzzman:
AMIRZA786 (03-31-21), flipside909 (04-01-21), natnut (03-31-21), wthrman2 (04-01-21)
Old 03-31-21 | 08:57 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ISBuzzman
Launch Edition, Special Edition, New Edition, who cares? It's a Lexus, and that's all that matters. The car is fantastic in all respects and I think the Launch Edition will draw a lot of attention on the road. I already have a deposit down on the IS500, with a request for the Launch Edition. Lexus has confirmed with my dealer that my order is the first in Arizona, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed I get one of the 500. As we all know, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I love the color; it looks like a liquid platinum. Everyone within my network I have shown the video comment on the color first and how cool they think it is. I have a strong sense that the detractors will change their minds once they see this car in person.
Congrats! Post a ton of pics when you get it so I can live my fantasy of owning one through you
Old 03-31-21 | 10:55 PM
ISBuzzman
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
Congrats! Post a ton of pics when you get it so I can live my fantasy of owning one through you
For sure!! 😊
Old 04-01-21 | 05:16 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

I have my name on a waiting list for the release of the 500 with my dealership too but I am not going with the LE. That being said, the color looks good to me although I would prefer white but its the darker wheels I am not as much of a fan of. I am really happy for you and you will have yours before the folks get the regular version so I'll also be anxiously await to see your pics and impressions of the vehicle when it arrives. While our version will not be the same, overall, I think it will be very similar in the way it feels, handles and sounds - I doubt a few pounds in teh wheel will change the overall handling ability It will be a long summer waiting for the delivery
The following 2 users liked this post by wthrman2:
AMIRZA786 (04-01-21), ISBuzzman (04-01-21)
Old 04-01-21 | 07:43 AM
ISBuzzman
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by wthrman2
I have my name on a waiting list for the release of the 500 with my dealership too but I am not going with the LE. That being said, the color looks good to me although I would prefer white but its the darker wheels I am not as much of a fan of. I am really happy for you and you will have yours before the folks get the regular version so I'll also be anxiously await to see your pics and impressions of the vehicle when it arrives. While our version will not be the same, overall, I think it will be very similar in the way it feels, handles and sounds - I doubt a few pounds in the wheel will change the overall handling ability It will be a long summer waiting for the delivery
Based on the early reporting, it does not appear that the LE will have any significant mechanical differences from the regular IS500. But, that won't be clear until options are known. I hope you get one of the IS500s. I'm sure it will look great in white. Interestingly, my girlfriend and I were recently discussing car colors and commented on the sea of white cars (across all brands) we see every day here in Scottsdale / Phoenix. Certainly, the weather has a lot to do with car color choice. If Incognito were not an offering, I would choose yellow, orange, or the blue. Those are not colors you see in large numbers and I prefer a car this special to stand out from the pack. And, for a lot of people targeting the LE, future collectibility is going to be a factor and having a unique color enhances that. Black as a body color is out for me due to the heat here in the summer. I know people who have burned their hand opening doors. I feel the matte black wheels really solidify the stealth look of the LE. Any bright colored wheel would diminish the overall appearance. Plus, the black wheels should show much less dirt.
wthrman2 (04-01-21)
Old 04-01-21 | 08:23 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

I hear what you are saying about the abundance of white cars - For me, I never drive mine in the rain, they are always pristine and assembly line line condition but what I like about the white is that it really makes the contrasting black grill and bits really pop.

Truth be told, I think any vehicles with a V8 will become a collector at the rate things are going *lol* I am really looking forward to seeing yours and when you start hearing info from your dealer about ETA and such, keep us in the know and I'll do the same although you guys in the US always get things faster than we do in Canada (except for the cold and snow)
Old 04-01-21 | 09:35 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by ISBuzzman
Great feedback. And I agree with you, once the car is out, people will have a change of heart. It's inevitable.

Keep the votes coming and your reason why!
ISBuzzman (04-01-21)
Old 04-01-21 | 10:33 AM
Sid03SVT
Driver

I don't like gray so LE is a no go for me; I also don't like silver, black or white cars.
Grecian blue, Infrared, Ultrasonic Blue or Matdor Red are the exterior colors I like, I would totally go Flare Yellow if it was available on the sedan, with red interior to boot; KETCHUP AND MUSTARD COMBO!
Old 04-01-21 | 10:51 AM
ISBuzzman
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by wthrman2
I hear what you are saying about the abundance of white cars - For me, I never drive mine in the rain, they are always pristine and assembly line line condition but what I like about the white is that it really makes the contrasting black grill and bits really pop.

Truth be told, I think any vehicles with a V8 will become a collector at the rate things are going *lol* I am really looking forward to seeing yours and when you start hearing info from your dealer about ETA and such, keep us in the know and I'll do the same although you guys in the US always get things faster than we do in Canada (except for the cold and snow)
True, naturally aspirated V8s will have the interest of collectors. I will definitely keep the group informed as I learn more from my dealer. I also plan to do a custom audio install. I have been quite active in the mobile audio space and the IS offers a great platform for outstanding audio. I was planning to do a custom install in my current IS when the 500 was announced. So, a quick change of plans, LOL. My previous vehicle (a 2003 MB S500) was well known in the mobile audio industry and written about in numerous publications. I expect to surpass what I accomplished in that vehicle with what I will do in the IS500

Last edited by ISBuzzman; 04-02-21 at 01:09 AM.

Quick Reply: Which would you pick? IS 500 F SPORT Performance or IS 500 Launch Edition