IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.
View Poll Results: Which one would you pick?
2022 IS 500 F SPORT Performance
67.39%
2022 IS 500 F SPORT Performance Launch Edition
32.61%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Which would you pick? IS 500 F SPORT Performance or IS 500 Launch Edition

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-21 | 09:38 PM
cp2
Racer

does the LE only come in incognito color? if so, regular for me. I do want the leather/suede combo though.
Old 05-19-21 | 09:26 AM
Jaikool01
Driver School Candidate

I like the exterior color, but the interior is just blah.
Old 05-19-21 | 09:40 AM
Jaikool01
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by hybridanim
Kind of disappointed that the head rest on the seats doesn't have the F sport embossed logo like on the F-Sport ES.
That is true.
What is the point to create the next IS line when the RC-F has better cosmetics.
Old 05-19-21 | 09:41 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by cp2
does the LE only come in incognito color? if so, regular for me. I do want the leather/suede combo though.
Correct, only Incognito is available on the LE. Same for the exclusive gray/black leather/suede combination, an LE exclusive only.
Old 05-19-21 | 10:37 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

I talked with my local Lexus dealership about possibly pre-ordering the non LE IS 500, and he told me they may be all sold out already, at least the inventory that's coming to their dealership. Has anyone else heard this or is this wrong info?
Old 05-19-21 | 11:14 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
I talked with my local Lexus dealership about possibly pre-ordering the non LE IS 500, and he told me they may be all sold out already, at least the inventory that's coming to their dealership. Has anyone else heard this or is this wrong info?
That's a bit premature to say that. What dealer was this?
Old 05-19-21 | 11:18 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by flipside909
That's a bit premature to say that. What dealer was this?
Lexus of Stevens Creek in Northern Cal
Old 05-19-21 | 01:09 PM
cremaster
Lead Lap

did a sales associate tell you this or the GM or fleet manager? I've spoken to the GMs and one fleet manager at 6 Socal dealerships and none of them said anything to that effect. I don't think any of the dealerships even know how many cars will be allocated to each respective dealership yet and won't know till around September, as most have said. I would call elsewhere.

one thing I did not ask was when it's my turn/opportunity to take it or leave it, how much time I will have to make my decision. as I will swapping out my current car, I'll need to see how much the dealership is willing to give me or if I'll have to take it to a third party like Carvana.
Old 05-19-21 | 01:30 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by cremaster
did a sales associate tell you this or the GM or fleet manager? I've spoken to the GMs and one fleet manager at 6 Socal dealerships and none of them said anything to that effect. I don't think any of the dealerships even know how many cars will be allocated to each respective dealership yet and won't know till around September, as most have said. I would call elsewhere.

one thing I did not ask was when it's my turn/opportunity to take it or leave it, how much time I will have to make my decision. as I will swapping out my current car, I'll need to see how much the dealership is willing to give me or if I'll have to take it to a third party like Carvana.
It was a sales associate. I was at the dealership picking up some parts for my IS350, and I started talking to one of the sales people. I was more enquiring about doing a test drive and curious when they would come in, my preference is buying Lexus used (I didn't tell him that part). He said to me that if I put myself on the preorder list I may not be able to get one unless someone backs out. I'm pretty sure he wasn't talking about the LE
Old 05-19-21 | 01:45 PM
cremaster
Lead Lap

It was a sales associate. I was at the dealership picking up some parts for my IS350, and I started talking to one of the sales people. I was more enquiring about doing a test drive and curious when they would come in, my preference is buying Lexus used (I didn't tell him that part). He said to me that if I put myself on the preorder list I may not be able to get one unless someone backs out. I'm pretty sure he wasn't talking about the LE
if what he's saying is true, they may already have a waiting list w/ deposits taken from customers, which could be 5-6 people deep. the GMs I've spoken to have said they will get 1-3 of these cars. they could get more in the following months, at the same rate or maybe 1 car every other month. they have no idea right now. so, the dealer you spoke to may be anticipating that if all of the waitlisted people buy the car and there is no guarantee anymore will be sent from Lexus, you're out of luck. OR he could be talking out of his ***.
Old 05-19-21 | 01:54 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

if what he's saying is true, they may already have a waiting list w/ deposits taken from customers, which could be 5-6 people deep. the GMs I've spoken to have said they will get 1-3 of these cars. they could get more in the following months, at the same rate or maybe 1 car every other month. they have no idea right now. so, the dealer you spoke to may be anticipating that if all of the waitlisted people buy the car and there is no guarantee anymore will be sent from Lexus, you're out of luck. OR he could be talking out of his ***.
LOL that could be possible! I didn't ask him about how many customers were on the waiting list, I just got the impression from talking to him that they have a lot more pre orders then expected inventory. I mainly want to test drive the damn thing! That's why I was curious about those on here who actually have done preorders on what their perspective dealerships have told them. If I ever buy one, I'll buy it 7 to 10 years down the line...if I am still alive that is LOL
Old 05-19-21 | 02:20 PM
cp2
Racer

Originally Posted by flipside909
Correct, only Incognito is available on the LE. Same for the exclusive gray/black leather/suede combination, an LE exclusive only.
thanks for the response. I understood that incognito is only available on the LE. what I actually meant was will the LE have different colors compared to the standard edition. ie will there be a USB LE? wish there was more details available already...haha
Old 05-19-21 | 03:25 PM
cremaster
Lead Lap

LOL that could be possible! I didn't ask him about how many customers were on the waiting list, I just got the impression from talking to him that they have a lot more pre orders then expected inventory. I mainly want to test drive the damn thing! That's why I was curious about those on here who actually have done preorders on what their perspective dealerships have told them. If I ever buy one, I'll buy it 7 to 10 years down the line...if I am still alive that is LOL
I initially planned on picking up a lease return CPO after a couple of years. but as it will be a limited production car, I committed to buying new, IF the price point is within my budget. even w/o test driving it, I'm pretty sure I will like it. I'm thinking similar to my old ISF but just "better" all around.
Old 05-19-21 | 03:45 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

I initially planned on picking up a lease return CPO after a couple of years. but as it will be a limited production car, I committed to buying new, IF the price point is within my budget. even w/o test driving it, I'm pretty sure I will like it. I'm thinking similar to my old ISF but just "better" all around.
I have a feeling as well that this is going to be a hard car to get on the used market for a good price. I've been looking at 4th Gen GSF's, 2016 through 2018 and they are all in the $50K and above range. In about 2 years I'm going to give my 2010 IS350 Sport to my son who will be turning 19 and hopefully the GSF prices will be down a little. I would tell anybody if you have a 2010 to 2012 ISF, hold on to it because I've seen the prices go way up. In early 2020 before the pandemic, I looked at a low mileage 2011 for $25K, now they are running in the mid $40K range
Old 05-19-21 | 06:14 PM
cremaster
Lead Lap

I have a feeling as well that this is going to be a hard car to get on the used market for a good price. I've been looking at 4th Gen GSF's, 2016 through 2018 and they are all in the $50K and above range. In about 2 years I'm going to give my 2010 IS350 Sport to my son who will be turning 19 and hopefully the GSF prices will be down a little. I would tell anybody if you have a 2010 to 2012 ISF, hold on to it because I've seen the prices go way up. In early 2020 before the pandemic, I looked at a low mileage 2011 for $25K, now they are running in the mid $40K range
wish I could have held onto my ISF bc I could get way more selling now than what I let it go for in 2018. but no one could foresee the future. I too have been looking every once in a while at used GSF's but their values are holding well, too. plus, I want the smaller size of the IS500, even though the GSF has all the track ready bits and nicer interior.

Quick Reply: Which would you pick? IS 500 F SPORT Performance or IS 500 Launch Edition