IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

Reserve a IS500 Launch Edition

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-21, 10:59 AM
Compromise
Intermediate

Received 415 Likes on 176 Posts

It's really dependent on the salesperson you get in contact with. Regardless of the dealership's best interest, if that person doesn't care or want to deal with a future enthusiast purchase that won't make them much money, you will be turned away. I've been put on two lists officially at two separate dealerships. I've also contacted different salespeople at the same dealerships who refused to work with me or told me they'll get back to me (which I doubt will ever happen since nothing was officially recorded on paper).
Old 09-14-21, 11:33 AM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,957 Likes on 1,048 Posts

I dont think many people will want the Launch Edition. In fact, I'm going to try to haggle to get the Launch Edition for a lower price than the Premium, just because I wouldn't mind the BBS wheels. Incognito, sucks. Suede, sucks. Wood steering wheel, sucks. Launch Edition start up screen and limited # plaque, worthless. You would think the Launch Edition was cheaper than the Premium.
Old 09-14-21, 11:58 AM
Compromise
Intermediate

I like the paint and the wheels. I don't like the boring black interior..
Old 09-14-21, 12:04 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Compromise
My problem with the incognito paint is that it's on every car, truck, and SUV nowadays. Lexus was late to the party and it feels like a desperate attempt to be cool. A metallic finish shows best with the sharp and curvy body lines of the new IS.

If you don't like boring black interiors, you might actually like LE since the suede is gray. I'll have to try it out in person, but for now suede to me is like cloth, and that's not luxurious.
The following users liked this post:
Shoeboy4 (09-14-21)
Old 09-14-21, 12:12 PM
Compromise
Intermediate

I agree. But I will take it over silver, white, or black. I'm liking the white or red interior more for the premium as well. Makes it more of an occasion when you get in the vehicle.
Old 09-14-21, 12:23 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

I agree. But I will take it over silver, white, or black. I'm liking the white or red interior more for the premium as well. Makes it more of an occasion when you get in the vehicle.
White with red interior should age well too.
Old 09-14-21, 07:38 PM
undefined
Driver School Candidate

Received 27 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi guys,

thanks for all replies. Found one dealership in upstate NY have only one coming. And I’m the only who contacted them about it.
put 1000 dollars down, they sent me a contract with explicitly saying I’m the first one reserve a is500 LC with sale price MSRP + several hundred dealer fees.
very happy about it. I will probably get a shipping company instead of driving back by myself, summer tires+upstate NY+ New England seems like bad combination
The following 3 users liked this post by undefined:
Compromise (09-14-21), Racer00J (09-15-21), wthrman2 (09-15-21)
Old 09-14-21, 08:04 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

Originally Posted by undefined
Hi guys,

thanks for all replies. Found one dealership in upstate NY have only one coming. And I’m the only who contacted them about it.
put 1000 dollars down, they sent me a contract with explicitly saying I’m the first one reserve a is500 LC with sale price MSRP + several hundred dealer fees.
very happy about it. I will probably get a shipping company instead of driving back by myself, summer tires+upstate NY+ New England seems like bad combination
Congrats! That's how it should be.
Old 09-15-21, 03:46 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,692 Likes on 1,785 Posts

undefined - Congrats!! While I am not a big fan of the LE's color and wheels, I know many don't fancy the white on white combo that I selected and that is what makes us all unique (lol) In the end, what matters is you get an IS500 and it seems you are also on your way to become part of the club of IS500 owners
Old 09-15-21, 04:36 AM
JBison73
Lead Lap

Received 133 Likes on 95 Posts

There aren't many options. The red plastic interior imo is gross. The white/black interior is nice but might be hard to maintain...how will the white look in 3-4yrs? I'd take black no matter what, even if there were more choices.
Old 09-15-21, 06:20 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

^^ I think the white interior will look fine in 3-4 years provided its being maintained and such. I think the Nuluxe in general will fair better than real leather but I am just speculating but I am not concerned given that I am a person who is clean and look after my interiors on a regular basis.
Old 09-15-21, 07:31 AM
95bat
Racer

Received 1,329 Likes on 681 Posts

Originally Posted by JBison73
There aren't many options. The red plastic interior imo is gross. The white/black interior is nice but might be hard to maintain...how will the white look in 3-4yrs? I'd take black no matter what, even if there were more choices.
Originally Posted by wthrman2
^^ I think the white interior will look fine in 3-4 years provided its being maintained and such. I think the Nuluxe in general will fair better than real leather but I am just speculating but I am not concerned given that I am a person who is clean and look after my interiors on a regular basis.
Our 5 year old RX has white interior and it looks brand new still. I coat the seats in leather conditioner every month
The following users liked this post:
wthrman2 (09-15-21)
Old 09-15-21, 07:59 AM
undefined
Driver School Candidate

Received 27 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by wthrman2
undefined - Congrats!! While I am not a big fan of the LE's color and wheels, I know many don't fancy the white on white combo that I selected and that is what makes us all unique (lol) In the end, what matters is you get an IS500 and it seems you are also on your way to become part of the club of IS500 owners
thanks, this was a very impulsive decision though: was originally getting Golf R(45K for that performance, good bargain) for my wife or a mid size SUV. She said she does not like a big car or Golf look.
So I ended up selling this 'normal' IS to her, she agreed. I would occasionally driving her car for sure.
I hope I have zero regrets.
Old 09-15-21, 08:05 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,177 Likes on 1,634 Posts

Although not quite in the same performance category, I think this car has the makings of becoming the next 1M. I've said this in other posts. My friend wants to buy one in two years used... I told him "good luck." LOL
Old 09-15-21, 08:06 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 95bat
Our 5 year old RX has white interior and it looks brand new still. I coat the seats in leather conditioner every month
I assume your RX was also Nuluxe? or was it real leather?

Quick Reply: Reserve a IS500 Launch Edition