IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

My 2022 IS500 F Sport Performance - White on White

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-21, 09:11 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,692 Likes on 1,785 Posts

Without going into a lot of details, I just had a follow up conversation with my sales manager and I feel even better and more confident things will work out for me. He was extremely transparent on how he works with his rep, explained how vehicles are being allocated manually lately and how they have regular calls as production ramps up. He assured me that he and his regional rep will do everything to get me one....They are aware that mine is a "sold car" so they will do everything to ensure it get's picked up as soon as they have a chance. Suffice to say I feel better - You guys should never under estimate the power of a good working relationship with a dealer and while I know they are not all equal, it sure is great when you find amazing people to work with....
Old 11-10-21, 09:40 AM
Answer
Instructor

Received 835 Likes on 405 Posts

Nice!!!

Hope it will turn out this way also for me! My salesman (which happens to be a friend) told me something similar and that they would try to "steal" an allocation from another dealer since it's sold if they get it.
Old 11-10-21, 09:41 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

^^ Just don't "steal" mine or you will have to "ANSWER" to me - LOL (get my joke) LOL
Old 11-10-21, 09:54 AM
Answer
Instructor

Received 835 Likes on 405 Posts

^^ hahahahaha!!

Yours is sold so no worries!!
Old 12-06-21, 03:55 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

UPDATE ON MY ORIGINAL THREAD:

Year: 2022
Model IS500 F Sport Performance
Exterior color: Ultra White
Interior color: Circuit Red Nuluxe
Trim: N/A - In Canada, there is no customization available

While I usually prefer my vehicle stock, here are the mods that I may do on my IS500:

1. Replace stock Enkei wheels with the stock wheels of the IS350 - TBD I like the Enkei wheels now
2. Paint the transmission cooler if not black - TBD
3. Replace stock LCA bushings with either the GS/RC F OEM bushings or the FIGS/RR Racing bushings
4. Possible powering springs from Eibach

So as I was saying in the IS 500 thread, my dealer managed to located a white on red IS 500 and was able to tag it and called me this afternoon to confirm that it is now officially tagged to dealer and it's mine. As you all know, a white interior was my preferred option but given how hard these are hard to come by, and not sure how the future will be, I am still happy with the outcome. I am not obligated to take it when it arrives if I don't like it but I have owed 2 previous red interior and while my biggest issue was the amount of red, especially on the lower part of the door/dash, it may grow on me. If anything changes, I have someone that will have the first option to buy from my dealer (if they find me a white one).

The delivery is expected around early February but the dealer is willing to keep it there until I am ready to pick it up in April or we can arrange for a door to door car carrier delivery but lots of time to worry about that stuff. I can now stop worrying and try and help others on this forum to the best I can

I will update this thread as we get closer and my car arrives and I have pictures

The following 5 users liked this post by wthrman2:
Answer (12-06-21), Compromise (12-06-21), iceache925 (12-09-21), Joe Z (12-06-21), rwht (12-07-21)
Old 12-06-21, 04:32 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Congrats…!!

Have you thought about adding any PIO items ??

Joe Z

Old 12-06-21, 04:42 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

^^ I am not sure how things work in the US but here, it is a bit different. The only options my dealer will install is the wheel locks....that has always been this way. No paint protection, no extended warranties, no special floor coverings etc.. I know there will be no market adjustments but we haven't sat down to discuss the actual price (discount or no).

The LCA bushing from the RC F/GS F will be installed though
Old 12-06-21, 04:44 PM
Compromise
Intermediate

Received 415 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by wthrman2
^^ I am not sure how things work in the US but here, it is a bit different. The only options my dealer will install is the wheel locks....that has always been this way. No paint protection, no extended warranties, no special floor coverings etc.. I know there will be no market adjustments but we haven't sat down to discuss the actual price (discount or no).

Did you have your dealer order the bushings? They'll be installing it for you? I'm not sure if I should do it myself/order it myself (it's cheaper)...
Old 12-06-21, 04:47 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

I will get my dealer to order them for me, last time (on my IS 350) they only charged me dealer cost and they shipped to my house (dealer is about 4h away) but I am debating having them installed by them or where I had them installed the last time, they only charged me 3/4h of labor at a Toyota dealer....I may do the same since they know exactly how to do it and they do all my servicing.

That being said, I am sure my dealer would do a fantastic job too and could it while the car is there waiting to be picked up
Old 12-06-21, 04:51 PM
Compromise
Intermediate

Mind sharing the part number? I see 3 iterations for the RC F.. +0 offset, +21 offset, and -21 offset. Not sure which to get.. They all seem to run for $60 USD.
Old 12-06-21, 05:26 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Here are the parts number for the left and right:

48075-24010
48076-24010
Old 12-06-21, 05:41 PM
Compromise
Intermediate

So those are the +0 offset. Okay thanks!
I wonder what the +21/-21 does hmmmm
Old 12-06-21, 05:44 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

^^ Not sure but that is what I ordered and what most have been using (if you look at the "tire wear thread in the sticky" and it seems to be working fine although I only have about 4500 km (which like 2 000 miles) so far
Old 12-06-21, 07:47 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts

Originally Posted by wthrman2

Gotcha… Anything you like on the accessories technically you can order and have installed after the fact…
It is a bit easier when it comes built into the MSRP / Port Installed…

For the work involved.. Have you considered researching the higher quality FIGS LCA bushings??
They are pressed into the oem brackets for perfect fitment and offer the better deflection compared to any version of the oem bushings..

Joe Z
Old 12-06-21, 07:52 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

^^ I have strongly considered getting the FIGS but I am not an overly aggressive driver and prefer to keep the drive/ride as close to stock as possible. I heard that some after market bushings can induce a bit of harshness and even vibrations. I don't want to deal with any of that stuff hence why I was playing it safe withe the RC F bushings. I am just trying to reduce some tire wear while I know the FIGS would be even better for that

Quick Reply: My 2022 IS500 F Sport Performance - White on White