IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

My 2022 IS500 F Sport Performance - White on White

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-21, 04:31 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,692 Likes on 1,785 Posts
Default My 2022 IS500 F Sport Performance - White on White

Hi everyone,

I know there is a dedicated thread about the IS500 but it is getting quite long and very generalized now. I have decided to create a new thread about my upcoming IS500 F Sport Performance to document various updates as they become available. I am aware that we don't have a lot of information so far but we are at a point where things should start happening and wanted to create a thread to document my journey through getting this vehicle. As most of you know, my dealer is not charging a premium and has already informed me that because I was the first on the list, my preference/specification for my order has been accepted and submitted. I am just now waiting for information stating that my order has been accepted and vehicle is being built.

Year: 2022
Model IS500 F Sport Performance
Exterior color: Ultra White
Interior color: White Nuluxe
Trim: N/A - In Canada, there is no customization available

While I usually prefer my vehicle stock, here are the mods that I may do on my IS500:

1. Replace stock Enkei wheels with the stock wheels of the IS350 - TBD
2. Paint the transmission cooler if not black - TBD
3. Replace stock LCA bushings with either the GS/RC F OEM bushings or the FIGS/RR Racing bushings
4. Possible powering springs from Eibach (new as of Nov 2)

On item #3, no question the bushings will be replaced. I have enjoyed the GS/RC F OEM LCA bushings on my IS350 but I know some here have preferred the aftermarket options (FIGS or RR Racing) but I do have some concerns about NVH and worried about doing something that will negatively affect the way the car feels. Especially when you factor that the costs for these aftermarket products to be more expensive. I may reach out for some personal advice from some of the exceptional contributors on this forum for advice

I will update this section as I have more information from my dealer - this is meant to be a thread where I will update my experience, photos and feedback on my vehicle when it arrives. I wanted to create a personalize space to capture my personal information and experience and not meant to be a generalized discussion about the 500, I will keep providing such input on the thread that is already active.

Last edited by wthrman2; 11-02-21 at 01:14 PM.
The following 9 users liked this post by wthrman2:
2017FSport (10-12-21), Answer (10-12-21), arentz07 (10-12-21), Compromise (10-12-21), GNS (10-13-21), Jazzrock (10-12-21), Racer00J (10-12-21), Sasnuke (10-12-21), Vitveet (10-12-21) and 4 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 10-12-21, 06:19 AM
kj07xk
Instructor

Received 301 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by wthrman2
I will keep providing suck input on the thread that is already active.
I’m sure there are some that will appreciate that.
Old 10-12-21, 06:39 AM
Soldat79
Pit Crew

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

If you don't have any issu with your tire or the way the car feel, why would you change this part ? I think it's maybe a little bit less comfortable but the handling of the car is better.

IMO, the question is: do you need a better handling of your car, If yes can you loose a little bit confort?
Old 10-12-21, 07:36 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by kj07xk
I’m sure there are some that will appreciate that.
"oups" I made the edit - Sometime I type too fast or what is in my brain so this may have been a Freudian slip (lol)

Originally Posted by Soldat79
If you don't have any issue with your tire or the way the car feel, why would you change this part ? I think it's maybe a little bit less comfortable but the handling of the car is better.

IMO, the question is: do you need a better handling of your car, If yes can you loose a little bit confort?
Well, I am trying to avoid the tire wear issue as much as possible. I don't want to wait for the problem to occur before switching the part because by then, it's too late. I installed the stiffer Lexus bushing when I got my 2021 IS350 and while it is still too early to tell if they will help with the tire wear (only have 3500km or 2200 miles), I did to hopefully reduce the wear. I didn't noticed any change to how the car rode (not harsh, no vibration etc) but for a total of 300$ (including parts and installation), it was a relatively inexpensive mod and will do the same for the 500. I may try the aftermarket route (RR Racing or FIGS) but I am not an aggressive driver so it's not as much to improve the handling as much as it is to avoid the wear. Don't get me wrong, if the cornering and braking can feel a bit more planted without sacrificing the ride quality (too much), I would do it.
Old 10-12-21, 07:56 AM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,957 Likes on 1,048 Posts

"oups" I made the edit - Sometime I type too fast or what is in my brain so this may have been a Freudian slip (lol)

Well, I am trying to avoid the tire wear issue as much as possible. I don't want to wait for the problem to occur before switching the part because by then, it's too late. I installed the stiffer Lexus bushing when I got my 2021 IS350 and while it is still too early to tell if they will help with the tire wear (only have 3500km or 2200 miles), I did to hopefully reduce the wear. I didn't noticed any change to how the car rode (not harsh, no vibration etc) but for a total of 300$ (including parts and installation), it was a relatively inexpensive mod and will do the same for the 500. I may try the aftermarket route (RR Racing or FIGS) but I am not an aggressive driver so it's not as much to improve the handling as much as it is to avoid the wear. Don't get me wrong, if the cornering and braking can feel a bit more planted without sacrificing the ride quality (too much), I would do it.
What kind of shop do you go to to install bushings? Thanks
Old 10-12-21, 07:58 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

^^ On my RC350, I had them installed at the Toyota dealership near where I live because my Lexus dealer was further away. They were able to install them in less than an hour and these guys were fantastic - They have done work on my former RC (installed lowering springs) and they are extremely meticulous and do phenomenal work!
Old 10-12-21, 08:13 AM
Soldat79
Pit Crew

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Ok why not, I think if the purpose is just for the inner tire wear, I would choose in the ordre RC F > FIGS 80 > FIGS 90/RR RACING. Figs 80 could be a good compromise to get some better handling without risking to get some noise.
The following users liked this post:
wthrman2 (10-12-21)
Old 10-12-21, 04:20 PM
Answer
Instructor

Received 835 Likes on 405 Posts

Mine should pretty much be the same, but not with a white interior. I'm not even sure about the red, seems a bit too much in pictures (I have yet to see them in real life), I love the Rioja Red that I currently have though!

White interior with kids, that's a big no-no!!!

I'm just waiting to see how much insurance will be, they don't have it listed yet. I'm not really worried, but still wanna check before hand, because I'll already have more stuff to pay on this one! We have a "luxury vehicule" tax plus a displacement premium to pay on engines bigger than 3.9 liters. So i'm already looking at 700-800 bucks a year on top of everything else.
wthrman2 (10-12-21)
Old 10-12-21, 04:36 PM
2017FSport
Advanced

Received 157 Likes on 111 Posts

Congrats on getting what you hoped for! That's awesome! I look forward to seeing pics as soon as you get some.
wthrman2 (10-12-21)
Old 10-12-21, 04:37 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,957 Likes on 1,048 Posts

Originally Posted by Answer
Mine should pretty much be the same, but not with a white interior. I'm not even sure about the red, seems a bit too much in pictures (I have yet to see them in real life), I love the Rioja Red that I currently have though!

White interior with kids, that's a big no-no!!!

I'm just waiting to see how much insurance will be, they don't have it listed yet. I'm not really worried, but still wanna check before hand, because I'll already have more stuff to pay on this one! We have a "luxury vehicule" tax plus a displacement premium to pay on engines bigger than 3.9 liters. So i'm already looking at 700-800 bucks a year on top of everything else.
Lemonade bro. It’s coming for cars soon. Boom just saved you hundreds of dollars.
Old 10-12-21, 05:30 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 2017FSport
Congrats on getting what you hoped for! That's awesome! I look forward to seeing pics as soon as you get some.
Thanks buddy - You have always been there through my car journey, including helping me with my 2019 RC!!! I will for sure keep you posted and send you some pics and feedback as soon I have it!! With the snow about to fly here in Canada (month or 2), get your basement couch ready for me, I will need to get away from this nasty white stuff I'll even get up early and cook you guys breakfast and I promise to wear some clothes under the apron (lmao)
Old 10-12-21, 05:38 PM
Compromise
Intermediate

Received 415 Likes on 176 Posts

Nice man! I think it might be February before you get your car though! I'll be doing the LCA install myself, just not sure which to do yet.
Old 10-12-21, 05:56 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

^^ I am actually hoping it will be more like end of March or April....I don't want till the snow is gone (or almost gone)
Old 10-13-21, 04:40 AM
2017FSport
Advanced

Received 157 Likes on 111 Posts

Thanks buddy - You have always been there through my car journey, including helping me with my 2019 RC!!! I will for sure keep you posted and send you some pics and feedback as soon I have it!! With the snow about to fly here in Canada (month or 2), get your basement couch ready for me, I will need to get away from this nasty white stuff I'll even get up early and cook you guys breakfast and I promise to wear some clothes under the apron (lmao)

If they ever get finished with our new house, we will have plenty of room for ya. Hoping the snow stays away this year too. I have seen enough in my time I don't care to see anymore.
Old 10-13-21, 10:50 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,176 Likes on 1,633 Posts

Honestly I'd just leave the LCAs alone especially since it's a new car. You also don't know if the IS500 got parts-binned suspension F parts or other some 500-specific tuned part, so don't go swiping your credit card just yet til you confirm.

Further, the nature of this car is supposed to be biased towards the street side of things than a track machine. I'm willing to be the suspension and handling characteristics is highly tuned and highly deliberate and throwing off one end of the car may upset that purposely built balance. Especially since lexus is tuning all their new cars to have a specific feel at their new race track in Japan. Everything in the car has a purpose. What you may gain in "steering feel," you may lose in another area such as balance or oversteer/understeer depending how the rest of the car is set up.

Just my thoughts on that..
The following 2 users liked this post by E46CT:
macmaster (10-13-21), natnut (02-09-22)

Quick Reply: My 2022 IS500 F Sport Performance - White on White