IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

IS500 videos. Upload yours!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-22, 09:04 PM
AJinDFW
Pit Crew

Received 206 Likes on 80 Posts
Arrow IS500 videos. Upload yours!

Okay, let me try this. . .

Last edited by arentz07; 04-26-23 at 09:27 AM.
The following 5 users liked this post by AJinDFW:
flipside909 (01-18-22), jororo (04-13-22), V8ISGreat (01-24-22), wthrman2 (01-16-22), YousefA (05-08-23)
Old 01-15-22, 10:29 PM
jeasher
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

That short launch was NICE!
The following 2 users liked this post by jeasher:
V8ISGreat (01-24-22), YousefA (05-08-23)
Old 01-16-22, 05:56 AM
TGPCanada
Intermediate

Received 800 Likes on 329 Posts

How are you liking the Infrared?

I went to see an infrared in a showroom yesterday. The videos don't do the colour justice. It is a deep rich red. Very high quality paint.

This colour works on the IS quite nicely.

The following users liked this post:
wthrman2 (01-16-22)
Old 01-16-22, 08:53 AM
AJinDFW
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by TGPCanada
How are you liking the Infrared?

I went to see an infrared in a showroom yesterday. The videos don't do the colour justice. It is a deep rich red. Very high quality paint.

This colour works on the IS quite nicely.
I love it. My first choice was Cloudburst with red interior. I had a '21 IS 350 F Sport in that color. Basically, last year, needed a car. Went to local dealer to buy an RCF on the dealer floor, didn't call to have them hold the car. Unfortunately, they sold the car about an hour before I got there. Again, I needed a car. We only had 2, and I was driving our storage car (2001 E55 AMG) that was breaking to the tune of $1-4K every month or two. Picked up the in-stock IS and by every metric but one, it was great. If the IS 350 had another 70 hp/70 Tq, I'd probably still have it. When we bought the 350, learned about the 500 and got on their wait list at Park Place Lexus in Plano. In spite of getting on their list 3/19/21, I ended up being like #6 on their list and their manager gave no insight as to when I could get a car, or even if I'd get a 2022 allocation. I called Sewell, having dealt with them before, and visited the Monday after Christmas. They said they could get me a car in 3-6 months, didn't want money until there was a VIN allocated and showed me some incoming cars in their system. Crazy thing was they gave me a print out of the IR/White car that was incoming and I had this strange feeling that it would be mine. Two weeks later, I checked in to see if the car was coming. It was, on 1/8/22, and the buyer backed out. They asked me if I wanted the car, so I went to the dealer, check in hand, and bought it the day they got it. They got the car at about 9am, did PDI and window tint and had it ready for me by 5pm.

Parked in the light, the Infrared makes nearby surfaces glow red. Also, the white/black interior is thoughtfully done with deviating colors on back of seats, sides of headrest and deviating stitching on surfaces. These are visual add-ons that will cost you $2-3K in a Porsche.

Now, go buy that car and share some pics!
The following 2 users liked this post by AJinDFW:
wthrman2 (01-16-22), YousefA (05-08-23)
Old 01-16-22, 02:41 PM
TGPCanada
Intermediate

Originally Posted by AJinDFW
I love it. My first choice was Cloudburst with red interior. I had a '21 IS 350 F Sport in that color. Basically, last year, needed a car. Went to local dealer to buy an RCF on the dealer floor, didn't call to have them hold the car. Unfortunately, they sold the car about an hour before I got there. Again, I needed a car. We only had 2, and I was driving our storage car (2001 E55 AMG) that was breaking to the tune of $1-4K every month or two. Picked up the in-stock IS and by every metric but one, it was great. If the IS 350 had another 70 hp/70 Tq, I'd probably still have it. When we bought the 350, learned about the 500 and got on their wait list at Park Place Lexus in Plano. In spite of getting on their list 3/19/21, I ended up being like #6 on their list and their manager gave no insight as to when I could get a car, or even if I'd get a 2022 allocation. I called Sewell, having dealt with them before, and visited the Monday after Christmas. They said they could get me a car in 3-6 months, didn't want money until there was a VIN allocated and showed me some incoming cars in their system. Crazy thing was they gave me a print out of the IR/White car that was incoming and I had this strange feeling that it would be mine. Two weeks later, I checked in to see if the car was coming. It was, on 1/8/22, and the buyer backed out. They asked me if I wanted the car, so I went to the dealer, check in hand, and bought it the day they got it. They got the car at about 9am, did PDI and window tint and had it ready for me by 5pm.

Parked in the light, the Infrared makes nearby surfaces glow red. Also, the white/black interior is thoughtfully done with deviating colors on back of seats, sides of headrest and deviating stitching on surfaces. These are visual add-ons that will cost you $2-3K in a Porsche.

Now, go buy that car and share some pics!
Quite ironic . My current is 21 IS350 AWD Cloudburst grey with black interior. Now luring over the infrared. What's up with that. Way too many IS300's with cloudburst grey I've seen in the city here.
AJinDFW (01-16-22)
Old 01-16-22, 05:40 PM
AJinDFW
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by TGPCanada
Quite ironic . My current is 21 IS350 AWD Cloudburst grey with black interior. Now luring over the infrared. What's up with that. Way too many IS300's with cloudburst grey I've seen in the city here.
Sounds like divine inspiration for you to go to your dealership tomorrow and buy that Infrared car, eh.
wthrman2 (01-16-22)
Old 01-16-22, 05:47 PM
zman21
Driver

Received 122 Likes on 45 Posts

Any issues with CEL / Sonar code during the first couple of days? It seems to be popping up for some other people who just took delivery of their cars. Appears both LE and non-LE are affected.
Old 01-16-22, 06:02 PM
AJinDFW
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by zman21
Any issues with CEL / Sonar code during the first couple of days? It seems to be popping up for some other people who just took delivery of their cars. Appears both LE and non-LE are affected.
I've logged about 450 miles and so far, so good. I did have a scare when the "Attention:Check Rear Seat" light came on after shutdown. I thought it was a fault with the fold-down rear seat, but actually it's just a nanny to remind you to take your stuff (kids?) out of the rear seat. It can be overridden in the dash setup menus.

If I had to guess, I bet there were a few cars that weren't properly prepped at PDI.

Of course, my experience is likely due to my car being Infrared. Everyone knows that the Infrared models are made with extra love and have an additional 100hp over the others, oh, and Akio Toyoda takes Infrared owners out for drinks and karaoke.
Old 01-16-22, 06:05 PM
zman21
Driver

Received 122 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by AJinDFW
I've logged about 450 miles and so far, so good. I did have a scare when the "Attention:Check Rear Seat" light came on after shutdown. I thought it was a fault with the fold-down rear seat, but actually it's just a nanny to remind you to take your stuff (kids?) out of the rear seat. It can be overridden in the dash setup menus.

If I had to guess, I bet there were a few cars that weren't properly prepped at PDI.

Of course, my experience is likely due to my car being Infrared. Everyone knows that the Infrared models are made with extra love and have an additional 100hp over the others, oh, and Akio Toyoda takes Infrared owners out for drinks and karaoke.
Good info, seems like it's hitting right away under 50 miles. Might not be systemic then and just a few unlucky souls.
Old 01-22-22, 02:05 PM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,737 Likes on 1,370 Posts

Here's a video I came across that was actually filmed not that far from me...like 20 minutes away.
I think the two reviewers speak truth about the vehicle and how it stacks up to the segment it's in.
Based on everything they say you'd swear they would tell you not to buy the vehicle, but they actually say the exact opposite lol! What?!?! Canadians, what are you gonna do with them?!

The following 2 users liked this post by Sasnuke:
Bechtold (06-22-23), wthrman2 (01-23-22)
Old 01-22-22, 03:55 PM
TGPCanada
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Sasnuke
Here's a video I came across that was actually filmed not that far from me...like 20 minutes away.
I think the two reviewers speak truth about the vehicle and how it stacks up to the segment it's in.
Based on everything they say you'd swear they would tell you not to buy the vehicle, but they actually say the exact opposite lol! What?!?! Canadians, what are you gonna do with them?!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5f_19BCNpx0
Here it is:
https://autoone.ca/inventory/2022/Le...nto/UCT11779D/

251 km on it so far. Sure they've beaten it up, but at least it is CEL/error code free. LOL.

Old 01-22-22, 04:23 PM
Answer
Instructor

Received 835 Likes on 405 Posts

96k is just crazy for a used car
The following 2 users liked this post by Answer:
AJinDFW (01-22-22), wthrman2 (01-22-22)
Old 01-23-22, 11:40 AM
TGPCanada
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Answer
96k is just crazy for a used car
Yup, for those in Southern Ontario - buyer beware. The LE should be selling at MSRP - around $Cdn. 78,000. Not $95K for a car that has bounced off the rev limiter numerous times with only 251 km (156 miles) on it.

wthrman2 (01-23-22)
Old 01-23-22, 12:02 PM
AmbyBomb
Instructor

Received 912 Likes on 421 Posts

It'll sell. Ontario is also where people are spending $1.5+ million to buy a tiny plot of land with an uninhabitable house on it.
YousefA (05-08-23)
Old 01-24-22, 10:27 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Their review was just a bunch of backhanded compliments, mostly complaints. Everyone has their opinion. I prefer the Straight Pipes reviews better.

Last edited by flipside909; 01-24-22 at 10:34 AM.
V8ISGreat (01-24-22)

Quick Reply: IS500 videos. Upload yours!