IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

IS500 reverse camera lines missing - configurable?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-22 | 08:18 AM
95bat
Racer

Originally Posted by wthrman2
95bat - If you live close to a dealer, it may be worth just stopping by and have your service department look at it, it could just be a setting thing and they could help you in a jiffy.
I'm an hour away from the dealer Luckily I can operate a motor vehicle without the lines lol it's just another small thing that is spoiling the overall experience. It kinda feels like it's a $40K car with a $23k V8 under the hood. My ES actually felt like a $53k car, this one does not feel like a $63k car. I would have gladly paid a few thousand more for (my list so far): heads up display, power trunk, sliding sun visors, nicer steering wheel, different rear view mirror, functioning reverse camera. I even prefer the larger non-touch screen display. Again, small things... the car rides and drives EXCELLENT and those are the most important factors.
The following users liked this post:
rog1206 (10-27-22)
Old 02-05-22 | 08:27 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

^^ The IS 500 should have those lines, I think either there is a setting problem in yours or something is wrong because my IS 350 has them (which is a 2021) and the head unit is the same so that is why something is off with yours. Hope others can chime and be able to help, I tried all I could and mine were set correctly from the dealer. I assume the video I posted didn't help. Keep us posted but you may just want to talk to the service folks on Monday and tell them what you are experiencing and they can help you troubleshoot it over teh phone. I am sure these guys will know exactly what is wrong or what needs to be done to get them on.
Old 02-05-22 | 01:06 PM
95bat
Racer

I just noticed I have an exclamation mark in the top left corner when I put it in the mode that should have the dynamic lines

I think it's official, mines broke already.

At least I don't have the other CEL light yet... 1 week and 120 miles so far.
Old 02-05-22 | 01:33 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

When I reversed out of my garage today I tested out the lines in honor of you. It didn’t show the curving lines at first like you described, but then I pressed the left corner button on the screen then the right button on the screen and it showed up. It was some odd combination. It might be hidden, just keep pressing buttons.
Old 02-05-22 | 03:06 PM
95bat
Racer

Originally Posted by macmaster
When I reversed out of my garage today I tested out the lines in honor of you. It didn’t show the curving lines at first like you described, but then I pressed the left corner button on the screen then the right button on the screen and it showed up. It was some odd combination. It might be hidden, just keep pressing buttons.
Yeah I've gone through them all, something is broke. The exclamation mark only shows up when the dynamic lines should appear. You can actually see it in the photo I posted earlier, it was there last night when I tested things out. All the stuff in the settings is all switched on. I think a part has malfunctioned already. I guess I'll schedule a service visit when I can get a day off work.

Edit - googling the exclamation point brought up the error with other cars. Something to do with the system needing calibration. Some required dealer visit, some simply needed to turn the wheel lock to lock and it fixed it. I'm going to give it a try later, see what happens.

Edit 2 - That fixed it! Turned the wheel lock to lock and the lines now show up! I am guessing it is something that was was supposed to be done during PDI and they forgot.

Last edited by 95bat; 02-05-22 at 03:21 PM.
The following 6 users liked this post by 95bat:
AJinDFW (02-14-22), drawg22 (02-05-22), Jazzrock (02-05-22), kj07xk (02-05-22), TipsyTonio (02-05-22), wthrman2 (02-05-22) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 02-05-22 | 04:01 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Originally Posted by 95bat
Yeah I've gone through them all, something is broke. The exclamation mark only shows up when the dynamic lines should appear. You can actually see it in the photo I posted earlier, it was there last night when I tested things out. All the stuff in the settings is all switched on. I think a part has malfunctioned already. I guess I'll schedule a service visit when I can get a day off work.

Edit - googling the exclamation point brought up the error with other cars. Something to do with the system needing calibration. Some required dealer visit, some simply needed to turn the wheel lock to lock and it fixed it. I'm going to give it a try later, see what happens.

Edit 2 - That fixed it! Turned the wheel lock to lock and the lines now show up! I am guessing it is something that was was supposed to be done during PDI and they forgot.
This is helpful to know! It’s weird that it happened. I have the “official” PDI instructions for our vehicles and that’s not a part of it. The only calibration that they do is for the parking sensors. Also, I’ve already disconnected the battery and I didn’t lose my lines, so I’m not sure why your vehicle lost the lines or never had them to begin with. Glad it’s fixed though!
Old 02-14-22 | 11:24 AM
macmaster
Pole Position

This is going to be an either a really stupid reply or a mind-blowing fact, but I noticed the blue curving lines that move only show up when you start to move the car in reverse. If the OP was trying to find the curvy lines while stationary, that's why he was having so much trouble. Like him, I only see the yellow/red lines when I'm in reverse but motionless. As soon as I start backing up the blue lines show up and start bending. Again, either really simple answer or I'm wrong.
Old 06-30-22 | 09:29 AM
Velobrew
Driver

Default Same issue/ same solition

I had this same issue after the “cel issue” fix (exhaust gasket).

I also installed lowering springs/disconnected battery multiple times.

Turning the wheel lock to lock made the “ ! “ go away, and the dynamic lines come back. 🙌🏽

PFA

Old 08-28-22 | 03:45 AM
Lawand
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by 95bat

How did u exactly change the wheel lock to lock?
Old 08-28-22 | 04:07 AM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Originally Posted by Lawand
How did u exactly change the wheel lock to lock?
Turn the wheel all the way to the left and then all the way to the right.
Old 08-28-22 | 06:25 AM
Lawand
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by TipsyTonio
Turn the wheel all the way to the left and then all the way to the right.
In reverse with my foot on the brake right?

my car is a 2019 ES350 btw with the same problem
Old 08-28-22 | 06:54 AM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Originally Posted by Lawand
In reverse with my foot on the brake right?

my car is a 2019 ES350 btw with the same problem
Yup. Should work the same.
Old 08-28-22 | 09:16 AM
Lawand
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by TipsyTonio
Yup. Should work the same.
It didnt work theres still the diamond exclamation mark in the top left and the dynamic guidlunes are still missing what do i do?

Edit- drove it for a couple days and one night when i got in and put it in reverse everything was all of a sudden okay!

Last edited by Lawand; 09-01-22 at 06:48 AM.