IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

IS500 oil change interval?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-23, 11:32 AM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,957 Likes on 1,048 Posts

I gotta side with JSCH on this one. I like Tonio too though. As our best president once said “There are good ppl on both sides”
The following 2 users liked this post by macmaster:
MYIS500 (07-18-23), TipsyTonio (07-18-23)
Old 07-18-23, 11:47 AM
jsch222
Advanced

Received 276 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by Kanpai
Okay, boomer*

*I am only using this in a negative connotation in this specific instance, as there are plenty of members here in that age range that aren't so dismissive of others trying to help.
I'll chose to move on from the nonsense - it's divergence like these that people stop using these forums. Forums like ih8mud don't put up with the nonsense and provide invaluable collaboration for owners. Folks should not look to be offended when someone ask for a specific owners experience. Sometimes sitting on the sidelines is hard.

Last edited by jsch222; 07-18-23 at 11:59 AM.
Old 07-18-23, 12:12 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Received 2,278 Likes on 1,048 Posts

Originally Posted by jsch222
I'll chose to move on from the nonsense - it's divergence like *MY OWN* that people stop using these forums. Forums like ih8mud don't put up with the nonsense and provide invaluable collaboration for owners. Folks should not look to be offended when someone ask for a specific owners experience. Sometimes sitting on the sidelines is hard.
Fixed your post for you ^

It’s funny you don’t see the wrong in asking for help, receiving said help, and then dismissing that same help that you asked for, without even bothering to confirm that help, all because you’re an elitist that thinks that Lexus completely redesigned the UI because it has 2 extra cylinders. All that happened with the IS500 is that they moved the coolant temperature to the right, added oil temperature in the left, and they removed one of reset maintenance options since you guys have a 5K OCI. Aside from that and the different start up annimation, basically any F Sport from 2021+ is identical as far as what you are asking. But hey, apparently I still don’t know enough about the car?
The following users liked this post:
Kanpai (07-18-23)
Old 07-18-23, 01:10 PM
Kanpai
Instructor

Received 981 Likes on 468 Posts

Originally Posted by TipsyTonio

It’s funny you don’t see the wrong in asking for help, receiving said help, and then dismissing that same help that you asked for, without even bothering to confirm that help, all because you’re an elitist that thinks that Lexus completely redesigned the UI because it has 2 extra cylinders. All that happened with the IS500 is that they moved the coolant temperature to the right, added oil temperature in the left, and they removed one of reset maintenance options since you guys have a 5K OCI. Aside from that and the different start up annimation, basically any F Sport from 2021+ is identical as far as what you are asking. But hey, apparently I still don’t know enough about the car?
This dude really can't understand the concept of "treat others how you want to be treated". The absolute entitlement and lack of awareness of some people, man.
Old 07-18-23, 01:33 PM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,805 Likes on 1,930 Posts

OK, so it turns out, I was surprised by what I saw in poking around in the menus. We have a lot of options for maintenance reminders, actually!

First, you go to Setup -> Vehicle -> Maintenance.

Then, you are greeted by a whole matrix of options. You can set individual reminders for each category.

For instance, if I select "Engine Oil", I see the following.

I elected to go ahead and set my own personal reminder for transmission fluid while I was in there.

As for showing the miles remaining until the next service, I didn't have any luck. Even though the "Reminder" setting was turned on, I couldn't see the next maintenance in miles using the "ODO/TRIP" button. I checked to see if it was an option in the Vehicle Settings or Meter Settings, and the closest I got was this option to reset the maintenance data.

So, long story short, I think the IS 350 and 500 are, in fact, different, unless this was a 2022/2023 change and not specific to the IS 500. I know for a fact that I could look at the maintenance interval in the gauges in my 2021 IS 350.
The following 3 users liked this post by arentz07:
04gita (07-19-23), Bechtold (07-18-23), jsch222 (07-18-23)
Old 07-18-23, 01:49 PM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,805 Likes on 1,930 Posts

Okay, boomer*

*I am only using this in a negative connotation in this specific instance, as there are plenty of members here in that age range that aren't so dismissive of others trying to help.

This dude really can't understand the concept of "treat others how you want to be treated". The absolute entitlement and lack of awareness of some people, man.
I decided to make a separate post to respond to all the discussion happening above.

In situations like this, it is best to just be patient and let someone come forward with the facts. I had a hunch something was up when I could distinctly remember that I saw the maintenance mileage in my IS 350 but didn't recall seeing it in my new car. Yet, no one was able to prove anything one way or another up until my last post. The owner's manual has had misprints before, especially regarding the IS 500 - specifically for the 2022 model year. At the same time, I think @jsch222 didn't mean any harm with his request for an IS 500 owner (more so just confirmation of what he was seeing on his own vehicle), but I can see how it came off as othering an IS 350 owner who is merely trying to provide their experience and perspective just due to the way it was worded. Intuitively, the gauge cluster is the same, so it stands to reason that the maintenance stuff would behave the same way. So, I don't blame Tonio for jumping in here.

However, it is sad to say, these are quirky Lexus cars. Like, for example, why does an LC 500 get a mini-G-Force meter in its gauge cluster without having to move the tach over, yet the IS 500 does not? Don't they have the same gauges and same engine? Don't they both have the capability to display a G-Force meter? After driving an LC myself, it seems to me that the gauges may appear similar in photos, but they are actually two distinct units - even the position of the numbers on the tachometer are different. For whatever reason, the IS's F Sport gauges just don't support that smaller G-Force meter. (Thankfully, the oil temp gauge is intact.)

In any case, whenever you have an issue with something that has been posted, please PM me or any other moderator instead of calling names or doing any kind of fighting. We should not be looking to start a fight - always assume the other poster has the best intentions and not the worst.
The following 6 users liked this post by arentz07:
04gita (07-19-23), Bechtold (07-18-23), DaveGS4 (07-18-23), jsch222 (07-18-23), MYIS500 (07-18-23), TipsyTonio (07-18-23) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 07-18-23, 02:46 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Originally Posted by arentz07
I decided to make a separate post to respond to all the discussion happening above.

In situations like this, it is best to just be patient and let someone come forward with the facts. I had a hunch something was up when I could distinctly remember that I saw the maintenance mileage in my IS 350 but didn't recall seeing it in my new car. Yet, no one was able to prove anything one way or another up until my last post. The owner's manual has had misprints before, especially regarding the IS 500 - specifically for the 2022 model year. At the same time, I think @jsch222 didn't mean any harm with his request for an IS 500 owner (more so just confirmation of what he was seeing on his own vehicle), but I can see how it came off as othering an IS 350 owner who is merely trying to provide their experience and perspective just due to the way it was worded. Intuitively, the gauge cluster is the same, so it stands to reason that the maintenance stuff would behave the same way. So, I don't blame Tonio for jumping in here.

However, it is sad to say, these are quirky Lexus cars. Like, for example, why does an LC 500 get a mini-G-Force meter in its gauge cluster without having to move the tach over, yet the IS 500 does not? Don't they have the same gauges and same engine? Don't they both have the capability to display a G-Force meter? After driving an LC myself, it seems to me that the gauges may appear similar in photos, but they are actually two distinct units - even the position of the numbers on the tachometer are different. For whatever reason, the IS's F Sport gauges just don't support that smaller G-Force meter. (Thankfully, the oil temp gauge is intact.)

In any case, whenever you have an issue with something that has been posted, please PM me or any other moderator instead of calling names or doing any kind of fighting. We should not be looking to start a fight - always assume the other poster has the best intentions and not the worst.
Well damn, I’ll be the first to admit I was wrong here. I could’ve sworn seeing this in the 2022 500 I drove but alas I may be mistaken. @jsch222 truce my dear comrade? Thank you for going out and checking @arentz07
MYIS500 (07-18-23)
Old 07-18-23, 02:53 PM
95bat
Racer

Received 1,329 Likes on 681 Posts

Time to kiss and make up... and post the vid here for proof.
The following 2 users liked this post by 95bat:
phoenix888 (07-19-23), TipsyTonio (07-18-23)
Old 07-18-23, 02:55 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Originally Posted by 95bat
Time to kiss and make up... and post the vid here for proof.
Hell nah. I gotta make some money off of this atleast. Check out the full live stream of the apology on OnlyFans. Link in my bio…
The following 5 users liked this post by TipsyTonio:
95bat (07-18-23), arentz07 (07-18-23), DLPTony (07-18-23), Kanpai (07-18-23), phoenix888 (07-19-23)
Old 07-18-23, 03:24 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

Hell nah. I gotta make some money off of this atleast. Check out the full live stream of the apology on OnlyFans. Link in my bio…
I dont wanna see that s*** lol.
Old 07-18-23, 03:30 PM
Kanpai
Instructor

Received 981 Likes on 468 Posts

Originally Posted by macmaster

Old 07-18-23, 03:32 PM
TipsyTonio
Racer

Originally Posted by macmaster
LMFAO. Sneaky sneaky. I saw what you posted before
Old 07-18-23, 03:43 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

LMFAO. Sneaky sneaky. I saw what you posted before
Alex is being far too kind to me in preventing me from being cancelled. I owe him.
TipsyTonio (07-18-23)
Old 07-18-23, 05:04 PM
95bat
Racer

Received 1,329 Likes on 681 Posts

LOL that was good! 🤣🤣
Old 07-18-23, 06:30 PM
jsch222
Advanced

Received 276 Likes on 168 Posts

Well damn, I’ll be the first to admit I was wrong here. I could’ve sworn seeing this in the 2022 500 I drove but alas I may be mistaken. @jsch222 truce my dear comrade? Thank you for going out and checking @arentz07
All good - really didn't mean anything by my remarks. I spent 20 minutes looking for the oil mileage before posting the original. As others have said there are missing items and extras based on models. Not sure the rhyme or reason.....no wrench shows up when you start either. I've been using service menu in the nav screen for years on other models - it's great for keeping track of trans/diff/fliters/etc. Just extremely odd that there is no countdown. Maybe since it should be serviced every 5k. I bought the car with 3k on the clock so mine is out of whack. I'll be doing an oil change at 5k just to get it back to a normal cycle and won't see if there is a warning light showing maintenance coming due.

First time I've been called boomer.....not even 40 yet. Anything for a dollar @TipsyTonio - let's get them subs.

Quick Reply: IS500 oil change interval?