IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

IS 500 aftermarket exhausts

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-22, 08:22 AM
konichiwa3
Intermediate

Received 316 Likes on 174 Posts

It won't be legal unless it gets CARB certified which I highly doubt RR will be willing to jump through the hoops for.

Old 05-29-22, 11:27 AM
dk12
Driver

Received 106 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by GeoFSPORT
I did see the 2 videos for the rrr is500, and also watched a ton of rcf/gsf clips. At the very top end of the rpm range I think I can hear what possibly is rasp, but maybe it's the mic topping out. Or maybe just the sheer scream is hard to capture on a recording lol. I figure the high flow cat could also help mellow the exhaust slightly which I wouldn't be that opposed to.
So I finally got time today to check at cold start with valves closed there’s no gas smell and with valves open there is a faint gas smell which goes away I also redlined the car with valves open and didn’t get any gas smell. And yeah the hi flow cats def will help they had a rcf te that got those and it still sounds great and I’d def much more mellow.
The following 2 users liked this post by dk12:
GeoFSPORT (05-29-22), hotdam (05-30-22)
Old 05-29-22, 12:13 PM
GeoFSPORT
Driver

Received 66 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by dk12
So I finally got time today to check at cold start with valves closed there’s no gas smell and with valves open there is a faint gas smell which goes away I also redlined the car with valves open and didn’t get any gas smell. And yeah the hi flow cats def will help they had a rcf te that got those and it still sounds great and I’d def much more mellow.
I appreciate you checking that out. Looks like they have a memorial day sale so the cats will be offset some.
Old 06-01-22, 10:46 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,957 Likes on 1,048 Posts

Has anybody here who got a full catback exhaust been able to fit their stock midpipe and mufflers in the IS500? Just curious. Thanks.
Old 06-02-22, 03:30 AM
tapjoy
Pit Crew

Received 102 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by macmaster
Has anybody here who got a full catback exhaust been able to fit their stock midpipe and mufflers in the IS500? Just curious. Thanks.
like in the trunk for storage/transport?

the mid pipe might be an issue but I was able to fit the aftermarket axleback in the trunk width way. Idk if you can fold any of the back seats down, but if you can, you’d be able to fix the mid pipes. Unless they’re shorter than the axleback, then they’d all fit in the trunk. But I think those are longer and wider so probably not.
Old 06-02-22, 06:00 AM
macmaster
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tapjoy
like in the trunk for storage/transport?

the mid pipe might be an issue but I was able to fit the aftermarket axleback in the trunk width way. Idk if you can fold any of the back seats down, but if you can, you’d be able to fix the mid pipes. Unless they’re shorter than the axleback, then they’d all fit in the trunk. But I think those are longer and wider so probably not.
Yes, I meant in the trunk with the rear seats folded down if you get it installed at a shop and have to transport the stock midpipe home. Nobody ever seems to mention it. I’m not worried about the axle back, but the stock midpipe is one long piece.
Old 06-02-22, 06:07 AM
tapjoy
Pit Crew

Received 102 Likes on 44 Posts

Yes, I meant in the trunk with the rear seats folded down if you get it installed at a shop and have to transport the stock midpipe home. Nobody ever seems to mention it. I’m not worried about the axle back, but the stock midpipe is one long piece.

In this IG post, it shows everything from GTHaus. Now I would assume it would be similar for the stock parts. Im sure they’d separate the mid pipe for you.
View this post on Instagram
Old 06-02-22, 06:20 AM
macmaster
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tapjoy
In this IG post, it shows everything from GTHaus. Now I would assume it would be similar for the stock parts. Im sure they’d separate the mid pipe for you.
IG
I’m 99.9% positive the stock midpipe is a single piece from the O2 sensors all the way to past the resonators. I wouldn’t want them to cut it just so I could store/transport it. I’ve seen him on Instagram and he seems to do all his installs himself. Most people probably will too so I’m likely in the minority about needing to be able to transport it home.
Old 06-02-22, 12:55 PM
Domokun500
10th Gear

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Did anybody just do cutouts, since the cat-back options all seem to be gold plated? Any clips or reviews? Thanks
Old 06-02-22, 01:21 PM
hotct
Pit Crew

Received 132 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Domokun500
Did anybody just do cutouts, since the cat-back options all seem to be gold plated? Any clips or reviews? Thanks
That's what I'm saying. These exhaust prices are on the ridiculous side. Tempted to just have a shop put a couple valves on my stock exhaust, dump em out the bottom
Old 06-02-22, 01:38 PM
Fman2118
Pit Crew

Received 317 Likes on 123 Posts

i folded the rear seat down and reclined the front passenger seat. The stock mid pipe fit easily.
actually, the entire stock exhaust fit.
The following users liked this post:
macmaster (06-02-22)
Old 06-02-22, 04:48 PM
AmbyBomb
Instructor

Received 912 Likes on 421 Posts

Originally Posted by Domokun500
Y'all are new to luxury cars if you think the IS500 exhausts are ridiculously expensive.
The following 3 users liked this post by AmbyBomb:
Fman2118 (06-02-22), Kanpai (06-03-22), Vitveet (07-29-22)
Old 06-02-22, 04:59 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

Originally Posted by AmbyBomb
Y'all are new to luxury cars if you think the IS500 exhausts are ridiculously expensive.
Enlighten us! I know very little about aftermarket exhausts in general and am too lazy to google what you mean. On a side note is it weird I don’t consider Lexus a luxury car? LOL. Maybe I’ve been looking at too many Lexuses but to me they’re just standard cars. The bare minimum standard I’d personally want to own. Does that make me bougie?
Old 06-02-22, 05:03 PM
AmbyBomb
Instructor

Received 912 Likes on 421 Posts

Enlighten us! I know very little about aftermarket exhausts in general and am too lazy to google what you mean. On a side note is it weird I don’t consider Lexus a luxury car? LOL. Maybe I’ve been looking at too many Lexuses but to me they’re just standard cars. The bare minimum standard I’d personally want to own. Does that make me bougie?
If you want an exhaust for something like a C63, you're looking at $3,500 and up. It's the cost of a smaller market.
The following 3 users liked this post by AmbyBomb:
macmaster (06-02-22), phoenix888 (12-12-22), roquesmd1 (07-11-22)
Old 06-03-22, 08:54 AM
lexussingh
Pit Crew

Received 98 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by dk12
Can you tell me about how much louder the exhaust is from stock with valves closed and routed through the muffler?

Also, If you could download a decibel meter app on your phone and measure I would be very grateful.

Quick Reply: IS 500 aftermarket exhausts