IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

IS 500 aftermarket exhausts

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-22 | 08:48 AM
BitterJoke
Driver

Originally Posted by macmaster
It was available immediately when the IS500 came out, what can we expect? They didn't put much thought into it. It doesn't even have helmholtz resonators.
True, the more support for our cars the better.
Old 11-02-22 | 10:14 PM
roquesmd1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by cp2
bit the bullet today. reached out to the homie Josh from Meraki Autoworks and snagged the non-res apexi mid pipe!!!...and the toms strut tower bar. take advantage of their SEMA sale prices!!!

thanks Josh
Planning to upload any sounds vids?
Old 11-03-22 | 05:46 AM
cp2
Racer

Originally Posted by roquesmd1
Planning to upload any sounds vids?
sure why not? I'll do it for the culture...haha. it'll be a min as parts won't be shipped for a couple of weeks. rumor has it that they parts are still at the port. that and I'll have to find time to install it.
The following 2 users liked this post by cp2:
Meraki Autoworks (11-04-22), wthrman2 (11-03-22)
Old 11-05-22 | 07:24 AM
SynZero
7th Gear

Originally Posted by 95bat
I've read on here that Tom's is making one, but that is probably it. I am waiting to hear that one before purchasing (or not). I think the GT Haus will be too loud and isn't worth the money, I don't want headers, so I'm leaning toward the apex midpipe and stock mufflers.

Maybe with the car finally being built for 2023 more companies will make something.
...I'm hoping for more choices as well, especially something from Tom's but with RR Racing offering a catted cat-back that has my attention too.
Old 11-05-22 | 10:12 AM
cp2
Racer

Originally Posted by SynZero
...I'm hoping for more choices as well, especially something from Tom's but with RR Racing offering a catted cat-back that has my attention too.
I like the sound of the bazooka system, but not a fan of the set up. it'll be interesting to see who else comes out with a system.

Last edited by cp2; 11-05-22 at 12:10 PM.
Old 11-05-22 | 02:31 PM
FI4runner
Intermediate

Originally Posted by cp2
I like the sound of the bazooka system, but not a fan of the set up. it'll be interesting to see who else comes out with a system.
Curious on why you aren’t a fan of the setup? I’m looking at the axle back valvetronic system. I want the ability for a quiet mode when the wife rides passenger (my Coyote powered track car drives her nuts - it’s 101 DB a WOT).
I can only find videos of the entire system though. Anyone know of a link/vid to the axle back only version?
Also curious on what people think on doing the full system for $1000 more - worth it for HP gains??

The following users liked this post:
Kanpai (11-06-22)
Old 11-05-22 | 03:55 PM
AmbyBomb
Instructor

If you're getting a valved setup, I don't know why you wouldn't go for the full setup.
Old 11-05-22 | 04:10 PM
BitterJoke
Driver

Originally Posted by FI4runner
Curious on why you aren’t a fan of the setup? I’m looking at the axle back valvetronic system. I want the ability for a quiet mode when the wife rides passenger (my Coyote powered track car drives her nuts - it’s 101 DB a WOT).
I can only find videos of the entire system though. Anyone know of a link/vid to the axle back only version?
Also curious on what people think on doing the full system for $1000 more - worth it for HP gains??

I don’t think you are going to get much as far as hp goes for the axle back system. Most of the gains are from the super restrictive mid-pipe and secondary cats. There is the pinch in the axle back so that may free up a few hp(?)

tbh my car dosnt really get loud unless I cold start it or rev it past 3-4K. Driving normal I wouldn’t say it is obnoxious at all. I had a 2016 Mustang GT with a catback in the past as well.
FI4runner (11-06-22)
Old 11-05-22 | 08:26 PM
95bat
Racer

Originally Posted by hotct
Gave up trying to find a local shop to install my APEXI midpipe, so I bit the bullet and rolled around in the garage floor installing it myself.

Oh boy, this thing has a mean snarl now. Unbelievable the difference just this midpipe makes. Clips don't really do it justice. If you want your IS to sound like an LC, just do the midpipe.
Did you re-use the stock exhaust gaskets?
Old 11-05-22 | 08:29 PM
tapjoy
Pit Crew

I have the axleback with valves. I have a video of it all compared to stock. There isn’t a crazy difference but there’s definitely a difference. I wouldn’t go back to stock for anything lol. I could see why having the full system would be more beneficial to have the valve system but it’s all good either way.

I would say get the axle and if you eventually want to get the catback, no big deal of getting it later. Especially if you want to save a little bit.
The following 2 users liked this post by tapjoy:
FI4runner (11-06-22), Kanpai (11-06-22)
Old 11-06-22 | 11:15 AM
FI4runner
Intermediate

Originally Posted by AmbyBomb
If you're getting a valved setup, I don't know why you wouldn't go for the full setup.
I’m really only looking for a sound change. Adding HP is great, but if the full system costs $1000 more and you only gain 1hp without an additional sound benefit, not worth it in my opinion.
Has anyone dybo’d any of the catback systems?
Old 11-06-22 | 11:16 AM
FI4runner
Intermediate

Originally Posted by tapjoy
I have the axleback with valves. I have a video of it all compared to stock. There isn’t a crazy difference but there’s definitely a difference. I wouldn’t go back to stock for anything lol. I could see why having the full system would be more beneficial to have the valve system but it’s all good either way.

I would say get the axle and if you eventually want to get the catback, no big deal of getting it later. Especially if you want to save a little bit.
Thank you for the reply! Good to hear. Do you have links to the vids?
Old 11-06-22 | 12:35 PM
BitterJoke
Driver

I’m really only looking for a sound change. Adding HP is great, but if the full system costs $1000 more and you only gain 1hp without an additional sound benefit, not worth it in my opinion.
Has anyone dybo’d any of the catback systems?

This guy claimed 416rwhp with a Gthaus catback.

GThause website claims similar numbers on their RCF
FI4runner (11-06-22)
Old 11-06-22 | 12:37 PM
AmbyBomb
Instructor

It's supposedly a 25 hp or so gain.
FI4runner (11-06-22)
Old 11-06-22 | 02:12 PM
FI4runner
Intermediate

Originally Posted by AmbyBomb
It's supposedly a 25 hp or so gain.
Lol, okay - full system it will be then. If it’s a 10+ HP increase, $1,000 more is worth it, in my opinion.

Quick Reply: IS 500 aftermarket exhausts