IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

IS 500 aftermarket exhausts

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-24, 10:08 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 688 Likes on 605 Posts

BORLA AXLE BACK IS LIVE ON OUR SITE! IN STOCK AT BORLA SO WE CAN SHIP THEM OUT.

USE CODE "FREESHIPPING" If you want additional savings, text me at 213 394 2886!

https://merakiautoworks.com/products...ack-chrome-tip

https://merakiautoworks.com/products/borla-lexus-is500-2022-lexus-rc-f-2015-s-type-axle-back-black-chrome-tip

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
The following 2 users liked this post by Meraki Autoworks:
cyfi66 (03-01-24), TCM55 (03-03-24)
Old 03-03-24, 08:13 AM
Brosquito
Driver

Received 160 Likes on 55 Posts

Borla released a video with clips showing the axle back only vs. the mid pipe and axle back. I've got an Apexi resonated mid pipe, wondering if it will sound similar. I kind of like the sound of my exhaust as is with the mid pipe only, really torn on whether to get the axle back or not.

Old 03-03-24, 09:56 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 688 Likes on 605 Posts

If you like your exhaust as is then no need to get it!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 03-03-24, 11:10 AM
Daeyx
Driver School Candidate

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Waiting to hear on new owners impressions/clips and if any drone on highway with the Borla.
Old 03-03-24, 11:31 AM
Daeyx
Driver School Candidate

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Ay-nako

hi @Ay-nako

in this clip, is yours fitted with the axle back or axle back + mid pipe? If with the mid pipe, resonators too? No drone?

thanks for sharing.
Old 03-03-24, 11:31 AM
prophecywhiteis500
Pit Crew

Received 134 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Daeyx
Waiting to hear on new owners impressions/clips and if any drone on highway with the Borla.
Yes please. I know Borla is pushing the no drone but you never know.

Old 03-03-24, 04:35 PM
TCM55
Pit Crew

Received 66 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by prophecywhiteis500
Yes please. I know Borla is pushing the no drone but you never know.
I had a Borla Catback on my IS F and there was some mild drone at certain RPMs (fortunately not at highway speeds). I emailed Borla to ask about their no drone guarantee.

Here is what they said:

Thank you for your continued support for our products and reaching out to us.

Our statement for a drone-free guaranteed system means exactly that. We spent the time we took in R&D to develop the exhaust to make sure it does not drone inside the cab. This is why we take longer than most manufacturers to release a product, because these mufflers are built from ground up and are unique to the car.

We do not use off the shelf universal parts on our axle-back/cat-back systems to sell our product.

Thank you,

I want to pay off the car first, but an axle back exhaust is almost certainly going to happen.

Last edited by TCM55; 03-03-24 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Formatting and final note
Old 03-04-24, 10:16 AM
cyfi66
Pit Crew

Received 298 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by TCM55
I had a Borla Catback on my IS F and there was some mild drone at certain RPMs (fortunately not at highway speeds). I emailed Borla to ask about their no drone guarantee.

Here is what they said:

Thank you for your continued support for our products and reaching out to us.

Our statement for a drone-free guaranteed system means exactly that. We spent the time we took in R&D to develop the exhaust to make sure it does not drone inside the cab. This is why we take longer than most manufacturers to release a product, because these mufflers are built from ground up and are unique to the car.

We do not use off the shelf universal parts on our axle-back/cat-back systems to sell our product.

Thank you,

I want to pay off the car first, but an axle back exhaust is almost certainly going to happen.
Thats why I chose the Borla. I despise drone and I don't know of any other exhaust manufacturer that goes through the R&D to make sure there is no drone. I'd wager that any other aftermarket exhaust for this car uses universal components.

Ay-Nako reported zero drone on his so I am confident. Even if there is slight drone its probably much better than any other option. My stock exhaust will actually drone around idle with the windows open when cold.

I ordered the RCF version for my GSF. I will report back too. From what I've researched it should only need to have the tips extended to fit the GS.
Old 03-04-24, 07:52 PM
Pandonsf
Pit Crew

Received 74 Likes on 36 Posts

Borla axleback showed up today, was able to get it on. The PPE mid pipe fitment wasn’t amazing, was tough getting the flanges close enough to start the bolts, but had issues with it fitting the oem axle back as well so guessing the flanges got warped a bit when they were welding.

haven’t had a chance to drive the car yet, but initial startup and revs sounds good. Doesn’t sound bassy like the TOMS axleback I tried before. Will report back once I get some miles on it and will try to grab some videos.

Last edited by Pandonsf; 03-04-24 at 08:05 PM.
The following 6 users liked this post by Pandonsf:
604GSE21 (03-05-24), 95bat (03-04-24), cyfi66 (03-04-24), geckornr (03-05-24), SlowlaneAZ (03-04-24), TCM55 (03-05-24) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 03-04-24, 08:10 PM
SlowlaneAZ
Advanced

Received 426 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by Pandonsf
Borla axleback showed up today, was able to get it on. The PPE mid pipe fitment wasn’t amazing, was tough getting the flanges close enough to start the bolts, but had issues with it fitting the oem axle back as well so guessing the flanges got warped a bit when they were welding.

haven’t had a chance to drive the car yet, but initial startup and revs sounds good. Doesn’t sound bassy like the TOMS axleback I tried before. Will report back once I get some miles on it and will try to grab some videos.

Sick!!!

Are you lowered? looks like the exhaust pipes are close to the ground.

Can't wait to hear your impressions of this exhaust paired with ppe midpipe.
Old 03-04-24, 08:20 PM
Pandonsf
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by SlowlaneAZ
Sick!!!

Are you lowered? looks like the exhaust pipes are close to the ground.

Can't wait to hear your impressions of this exhaust paired with ppe midpipe.
Yea, I’m on swift springs. They are defintiely closer to the ground but still same distance the ppe midpipe flanges were so should be fine.

tip alignment and everything was spot on otherwise.
Old 03-04-24, 11:54 PM
Victor02
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea, I’m on swift springs. They are defintiely closer to the ground but still same distance the ppe midpipe flanges were so should be fine.

tip alignment and everything was spot on otherwise.
Can't wait to hear some sound clips. I'm waiting a few more weeks before I decide on this Borla.
Old 03-05-24, 05:03 PM
Pandonsf
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Victor02
Can't wait to hear some sound clips. I'm waiting a few more weeks before I decide on this Borla.
it’s stupid loud with the ppe midpipe while accelerating. On freeway while cruising it’s pretty tame. I pulled it back off already so didn’t grab any sound clips.

also, the tips are pretty big and with hanging low I scraped one on the under side while leaving a parking garage.

looks like I’ll be staying with the oem axleback for now
The following users liked this post:
geckornr (07-06-24)
Old 03-05-24, 05:37 PM
95bat
Racer

Received 1,311 Likes on 672 Posts

it’s stupid loud with the ppe midpipe while accelerating. On freeway while cruising it’s pretty tame. I pulled it back off already so didn’t grab any sound clips.

also, the tips are pretty big and with hanging low I scraped one on the under side while leaving a parking garage.

Damn, sorry to hear that.
The following users liked this post:
Pandonsf (03-05-24)
Old 03-05-24, 05:48 PM
SlowlaneAZ
Advanced

Received 426 Likes on 214 Posts

Damn that sucks to hear. Do you think it would have been more tolerable with just the axle back?

Quick Reply: IS 500 aftermarket exhausts