IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

IS 500 aftermarket exhausts

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-24, 06:40 PM
Pandonsf
Pit Crew

Received 75 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by prophecywhiteis500
Outstanding, I was looking for something just slightly louder than stock and the resonated mid pipe sounds perfect. Everyone is claiming no drone and references the inside isn't much louder (like running sport mode with that cabin sound enhancer thing turned all the way up.).

I just need to push the button, anyone recommend a place to order? Meraki is out of stock
modinjapan might have some in stock
Old 03-21-24, 06:49 PM
jororo
Intermediate

Received 775 Likes on 277 Posts

Outstanding, I was looking for something just slightly louder than stock and the resonated mid pipe sounds perfect. Everyone is claiming no drone and references the inside isn't much louder (like running sport mode with that cabin sound enhancer thing turned all the way up.).

I just need to push the button, anyone recommend a place to order? Meraki is out of stock
Guessing most will be out of stock. Meraki is a great option if nobody has anything in stock and you have to wait either way (I had to wait 2-3 months from ordering until getting mine).

And confirmed mine was the “Apexi N1-X Evolution Extreme Midpipe Resonated Style for Lexus IS500(144-KT13)”.
Old 03-21-24, 06:54 PM
SlowlaneAZ
Advanced

Received 484 Likes on 242 Posts

Try this guy. Send him a message.

https://www.peterscarparts.net/

He hooked me up with my borla exhaust, got me the best deal I could find and shipping was very fast. I had my doubts about this company, but Peter was super easy to work with, I wouldn't hesitate to use him again.

Last edited by SlowlaneAZ; 03-21-24 at 06:59 PM.
Old 03-22-24, 11:34 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor
CL Vendor - Starter

Received 701 Likes on 615 Posts

We should have some midpipes in stock, checking what we have left on the shipment that just came in. Feel free to text me.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 03-30-24, 03:23 PM
Pandonsf
Pit Crew

Received 75 Likes on 36 Posts

Anyone install the ark catback yet?
Old 03-30-24, 03:26 PM
SlowlaneAZ
Advanced

Originally Posted by Pandonsf
I wouldn't be surprised if nobody actually had one in their possession. I thought I read somewhere that none of them have shipped
The following users liked this post:
Pandonsf (03-30-24)
Old 03-30-24, 05:38 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor
CL Vendor - Starter

Originally Posted by Pandonsf
ETA for them to ship out is April 15th, so no one yet except the first prototype guy.

-Josh

Orange County, CA
The following 2 users liked this post by Meraki Autoworks:
DLPTony (03-31-24), Pandonsf (03-30-24)
Old 04-01-24, 11:32 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor
CL Vendor - Starter

Received 1,413 Likes on 647 Posts

Here's another IS500 Exhaust option for you. We just started carrying the RES Titanium valvetronic exhaust for IS500. We have 2 or 3 sets in stock here at the shop. These took us around 2 months to get. This is one beautifully constructed system and very light. Total boxed up shipping weight is 64lb but has 2 thick boxes. We also integrated an extra O2 sensor bung for Wideband gauges. Piping is 2.5" Titanium with a 5" Titanium muffler and 3.5" clamp on tip. We retail at $3099.00 but we are offering a $150 coupon code ((IS500-RES1)) and you will also receive free shipping in the checkout screen. Free shipping alone is major on a 64lb box! Total price shipped will be $2949!

https://www.rr-racing.com/RES-Titani.../is5ex0001.htm

Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 04-03-24, 01:09 AM
Victor02
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel dumb for even asking this, but do any of the maintenance lights go on when adding an aftermarket exhaust or doing a muffler delete?
Old 04-03-24, 02:56 AM
DLPTony
Pole Position

Received 4,077 Likes on 1,891 Posts

Originally Posted by Victor02
I feel dumb for even asking this, but do any of the maintenance lights go on when adding an aftermarket exhaust or doing a muffler delete?
I’ve seen several instances reported and it’s usually centered around the gaskets. Either the wrong ones or not securely installed.
Old 04-03-24, 05:43 AM
arentz07
drives cars
Forum Moderator

Received 3,909 Likes on 1,974 Posts

Originally Posted by DLPTony
I’ve seen several instances reported and it’s usually centered around the gaskets. Either the wrong ones or not securely installed.
Right, but ideally? No. If everything was installed correctly, there should be no check engine light.
The following 2 users liked this post by arentz07:
DLPTony (04-03-24), wthrman2 (04-03-24)
Old 04-05-24, 02:46 PM
SlowlaneAZ
Advanced

So I've had the borla exhaust for a week now, I've got maybe under 100 miles on it now, give or take. I have zero complaints. Cold start is alittle loud but it settles in pretty quickly. P*ssyooting getting up to 45mph is a little droney, but I wouldn't call it drone, just low rpm exhaust tones. But if youre accelerating somewhat moderatly, you dont get those exhaust tones. That goes away almost immediately once you hit 45 mph. My commute to work is mostly freeway, so im cruising at about 65 - 80 mph, the exhaust is not much louder than stock. Can easily have a conversation with the passenger no prob, even with the windows down. Parts of me is still considering an aftermarket midpipe, despite others reporting it being loud. I'd like to see more reviews or videos before decide.

Fitment is good. I do like that you can adjust the muffler fore and aft. The tips are a little large, I would have preferred an oval tip similar to stock. But I can live with it. I did have an issue with inlet pipe of the muffler, it was very very slightly flat which made inseritng the pipe that connects to the midpipe hard to insert. Not a huge deal, i worked around it. Likely an isolated issue.

Borla threw in a free hat and some stickers. Hat was pretty cheap looking, but it's free.

I went through https://www.peterscarparts.net/ He hooked it up. Shipping was very fast and Peter was easy to work with. He gave me the best deal I could find. Happy to answer any questions.
The following 6 users liked this post by SlowlaneAZ:
arentz07 (04-05-24), cyfi66 (04-05-24), DLPTony (04-05-24), geckornr (04-05-24), prophecywhiteis500 (04-05-24), Victor02 (04-05-24) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 04-05-24, 04:47 PM
prophecywhiteis500
Pit Crew

Received 136 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by SlowlaneAZ
So I've had the borla exhaust for a week now, I've got maybe under 100 miles on it now, give or take. I have zero complaints. Cold start is alittle loud but it settles in pretty quickly. P*ssyooting getting up to 45mph is a little droney, but I wouldn't call it drone, just low rpm exhaust tones. But if youre accelerating somewhat moderatly, you dont get those exhaust tones. That goes away almost immediately once you hit 45 mph. My commute to work is mostly freeway, so im cruising at about 65 - 80 mph, the exhaust is not much louder than stock. Can easily have a conversation with the passenger no prob, even with the windows down. Parts of me is still considering an aftermarket midpipe, despite others reporting it being loud. I'd like to see more reviews or videos before decide.

Fitment is good. I do like that you can adjust the muffler fore and aft. The tips are a little large, I would have preferred an oval tip similar to stock. But I can live with it. I did have an issue with inlet pipe of the muffler, it was very very slightly flat which made inseritng the pipe that connects to the midpipe hard to insert. Not a huge deal, i worked around it. Likely an isolated issue.

Borla threw in a free hat and some stickers. Hat was pretty cheap looking, but it's free.

I went through https://www.peterscarparts.net/ He hooked it up. Shipping was very fast and Peter was easy to work with. He gave me the best deal I could find. Happy to answer any questions.
I'm hoping to go through Peter for my Apexi midpipe as recommended by you. I think everyone is out of stock for the midpipe because he is waiting on his distributer as well, so we'll see if it's a go soon!
Old 04-06-24, 09:31 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor
CL Vendor - Starter

We'll have some Apexi midpipes coming in end of April.

-Josh

Orange County, CA
Old 04-08-24, 06:51 PM
SlowlaneAZ
Advanced

RES exhaust
The following users liked this post:
DLPTony (04-09-24)