IS 500 Threads Conversations specifically about the 2022+ IS500 models.

My 2022 IS 500 F Sport - White on red interior

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-22, 12:17 PM
Moonman89
Advanced

Received 1,201 Likes on 357 Posts

This is awesome & congrats on the delivery please post more pics!
The following users liked this post:
wthrman2 (03-24-22)
Old 03-24-22, 03:57 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,700 Likes on 1,786 Posts

^^ thanks! More pics will come when the car is detailed and I can bring it outside. I have started the detailing project but I have a few more evenings of elbow grease to get it to level I am happy with

More pics should be available in early April but all I can say is that this car looks good

I have noticed one of my plastic plug in my rear bumper is not wanting to fully clamp in but I am talking to the dealer tomorrow for a few things and will likely have them order me a new one, it's about 13 dollars so no biggie

Last edited by wthrman2; 03-25-22 at 07:10 AM.
giS (03-24-22)
Old 03-25-22, 05:22 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

To all IS 500 owners in the US but without the LE, what type of trim do you have where your door lock and window switches? On my 350 it was a black trim but I love the trim on the 500...

Old 03-27-22, 05:13 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Just a quick status update on my IS 500:

- I have managed to fully detailed the car throughout the weekend and I am happy that it is now at a level where I am happy with it. I know some of you are a lot more involved with yours than mine as far as protection and such but I am very similar to macmaster in that the car never sees the element and will get restored after each trip/outing.

* I have used the clay bar throughout the painted surfaces
* I have applied a coat of Mother's step 2
* I have applied a coat of Collinite insulator wax (#845)
* I have applied a coat of wax on the wheels - BTW, each wheel took me about 10-15 min to apply/remove the wax
* I have detailed the interior
* I have detailed the engine bay (wasn't dirty much)
* I have cleaned the under body as the car was driven at least once by either the transporters at the rail yard or something as there was some water spots underneath
* I have proceeded with doing the various customization of the parameters I wanted to get done

On a side note, I have also did the same treatment to our little Chevy Spark who also doesn't go out in the weather and winter. The next project will be to do the detailing of our 2017 Elantra which is being traded for a 2022 Elantra arriving in about 2 weeks. The Elantra is the winter beater and that one will require more elbow grease on the outside but it will be brought back to amazing condition as I do every spring.

I can't do the fancy shoot that you guys have been teasing because the weather was wet here and the roads were too messy to to take it out but I am hoping that I'll be able to get it out next week - This week is just going to be a week of unsettled weather and we might even get some snow which is annoying as it is pretty much all gone except a bit in some of the ditches and such but it is imminent before the IS 500 makes its inauguration trip

Last edited by wthrman2; 03-27-22 at 05:19 PM.
macmaster (03-27-22)
Old 03-27-22, 05:18 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Here are 2 pics from my garage but it's was hard to get pics due to the limited spaces. For those asking what is the black cable going under my 500, it is the hydraulic line for my scissor lift, best toy ever!!

In case you guys didn't see my question that I asked yesterday, for those NON-LE owners in the US, what does your plate where your switches for the doors and window look like? On my 2021 350, it was a black plastic with a bit of a zig-zag pattern but I really love this polished metal-look product

Anyway, 2 pic below and I'll say it again, these wheels in person look SO MUCH better than in pics!! I will not be buying the 350 OEM wheels and will keep my Enkei, they really stand out and pop in person:

The following 5 users liked this post by wthrman2:
Answer (03-27-22), arentz07 (03-28-22), giS (03-27-22), IssaV8 (03-27-22), rwht (03-27-22)
Old 03-27-22, 05:55 PM
giS
Intermediate

Received 670 Likes on 274 Posts

Originally Posted by wthrman2

- I have managed to fully detailed the car throughout the weekend and I am happy that it is now at a level where I am happy with it. I know some of you are a lot more involved with yours than mine as far as protection and such but I am very similar to macmaster in that the car never sees the element and will get restored after each trip/outing.

* I have applied a coat of wax on the wheels - BTW, each wheel took me about 10-15 min to apply/remove the wax
* I have cleaned the under body as the car was driven at least once by either the transporters at the rail yard or something as there was some water spots underneath
* I have proceeded with doing the various customization of the parameters I wanted to get done

On a side note, I have also did the same treatment to our little Chevy Spark who also doesn't go out in the weather and winter. The next project will be to do the detailing of our 2017 Elantra which is being traded for a 2022 Elantra arriving in about 2 weeks. The Elantra is the winter beater and that one will require more elbow grease on the outside but it will be brought back to amazing condition as I do every spring.

I can't do the fancy shoot that you guys have been teasing because the weather was wet here and the roads were too messy to to take it out but I am hoping that I'll be able to get it out next week - This week is just going to be a week of unsettled weather and we might even get some snow which is annoying as it is pretty much all gone except a bit in some of the ditches and such but it is imminent before the IS 500 makes its inauguration trip
that white is so sharp!!!! I love that insulator wax too. In the cooler weather you have to leave it out in the sun for a bit to thin it out some, I have found. On a side note — after seeing your pics….. it’s time for me to clean my garage 🤣🤣
wthrman2 (03-27-22)
Old 03-27-22, 06:15 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

^^ LOL - Yeah, I placed the container in warm water a bit to get it a bit loose (lol) - That stuff is amazing for beading power!

Trust me, I need to clean my garage too but I am likely building a detached detailing garage and a place to put the 3rd car. I need more space to wash with warm water, proper drain, water curtains so I don't spray around and such, and then will sit my lift lower so that it have a plate cover and will be flush with the floor. That will be my man cave and the wife is so excited to see me less often she even agreed to pay half (lol)
The following 4 users liked this post by wthrman2:
arentz07 (03-28-22), giS (03-27-22), IssaV8 (03-27-22), threeputt (03-27-22)
Old 03-27-22, 06:34 PM
giS
Intermediate

Received 670 Likes on 274 Posts

^^ LOL - Yeah, I placed the container in warm water a bit to get it a bit loose (lol) - That stuff is amazing for beading power!

Trust me, I need to clean my garage too but I am likely building a detached detailing garage and a place to put the 3rd car. I need more space to wash with warm water, proper drain, water curtains so I don't spray around and such, and then will sit my lift lower so that it have a plate cover and will be flush with the floor. That will be my man cave and the wife is so excited to see me less often she even agreed to pay half (lol)
I absolutely need one of those!!!

Last edited by giS; 03-27-22 at 08:29 PM.
Old 03-27-22, 06:37 PM
threeputt
Pit Crew

Received 79 Likes on 39 Posts

Looks great, you plan on doing any tint at all??
Old 03-27-22, 06:39 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

I am debating, I would love but it is hard to find good places where I live and I am OCD but I am keeping my options open
Old 03-27-22, 06:52 PM
Shoeboy4
Intermediate

Received 512 Likes on 182 Posts

its black plastic with zigzag
wthrman2 (03-28-22)
Old 03-27-22, 08:09 PM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,968 Likes on 1,053 Posts

Black plastic with the zig zags.
wthrman2 (03-28-22)
Old 03-28-22, 01:43 AM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Shoeboy4 and macmaster - Thanks for confirming. It is odd that Lexus Canada would have configured the car differently given the low volume we will get in Canada but just like the lack of sunroof, I guess we have another difference. I was disappointed with the lack of the roof initially but I am now visually adapted to it and like the greater headroom without it. I will see how I feel about it when I drive it in the summer. That being said, I have admit that this brushed metal look is pretty sharp against the red interior, and now that my ***** for the ML are going to be also the brushed metal look as the drive select dial and the top of the shib ****, it has a more consistent theme inside.
Old 04-01-22, 10:46 PM
CryoPerv
Rookie

Received 53 Likes on 20 Posts

Congratulations @wthrman2 ! Its always nice to see another IS500 in the best color
wthrman2 (04-02-22)
Old 04-02-22, 06:56 AM
macmaster
Pole Position

Received 1,968 Likes on 1,053 Posts

Originally Posted by CryoPerv
Congratulations @wthrman2 ! Its always nice to see another IS500 in the best color
white is the best color? Do you think potatoes are the best food? Haha jk
wthrman2 (04-02-22)

Quick Reply: My 2022 IS 500 F Sport - White on red interior